Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you looking forward to most in The Sims 4: Cottage Living?

LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
I'm very excited for this pack... and I haven't felt this same excitement about a Sims 4 pack since the announcement for Seasons!

Personally, I'm looking forward to the cows and chickens! Also, the bunnies are adorable as well! I'm also very curious to learn more about the new world we're getting in the pack! :)

Also, who ISN'T excited about the fact that children can do the cross stitching and help with the cooking/baking!? I've been waiting for that for a LONG time now!

This pack definitely looks VERY promising! <3 I've been very critical about recent packs, but this one has truly captured my interest since it was announced! It's not entirely what I was looking for in a farming themed pack, but I'm definitely NOT disappointed either!
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I don’t know that I’ll get the pack this year. But I am really looking forward to the pond tool update that will come just before the release. And if/when I get the pack, I think it would be perfect for my OTG semi/historical fantasy save. Especially the new gardening and the animals.

Maybe in the future I will bundle it with some yet to be announced GP and SP.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    The world and its premades and bunnies!!!
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Farming has never been that exciting to me, probably because I grew up surrounded by them. I am however looking forward to the new world, & new activities for my legacy family to enjoy.
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Has to be the animals, canning, family cooking and grocery delivery.
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I'm really excited. As a cottagecore enthusiast, I can't wait to get this pack! I can foresee countless hours of gameplay using its content. *happy dance*
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Animals for the pack and pond tool for the update. The lack of a pond tool was my one bone to pick with 4's build mode, and now it is here. As for the pack, I've wanted this stuff since... Always? Pets packs were my favorite packs and I dreamed of farmhouses with property well before I ever dreamed of farming/ranching as a kid. I never would have turned my nose up at any animal additions. So I am pretty happy. I didn't use the Sims 3 Store when it was current so I never got to play with the farm objects there.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    The pond, the animals, grocery deliveries, giant watermelons and pumpkins. :lol:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Not big on farming but I do enjoy the challenges of living off the grid. Looking foward to the things that can add to that and all of the animals for a wild life feel. The kid stuff too of course! 😁
    Haven't seen enough of the world. I may fall in love with it
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Animalsssssss!! Excuse my massive excitement because I seriously cannot wait for this pack.

But cows, chickens, llamas and bunnies make me so incredibly happy.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    The whole farm to table aspect.

Fresh ingredients challenge.

Mrs Crumplebottom of course.

Groceries. I hope we‘ll get grocery stores in a future pack.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The world and its premades and bunnies!!!

Except the bunnies. Bust the Dust scarred me. :D
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    The world is sooo pretty; I'm looking forward to all that cottage themed BB.
    The village square
    Cross-stich
    cute animals
    shearing a llama
    and last but not least...
    Attack Chickens!
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    All of it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    The world in general and the wildlife.

Farming has never been something I was interested in, so I'm not overly fussed about the livestock.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I'm really looking forward to the largest veggie competitions. But I also look favorably on everything that lets our sims live self-employed, be that the animals or the villager quests.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm looking forward to the world! Can't wait to build my English village up :). Tempted to recreate my childhood home in it - especially as my parents will probably sell it soon, so would be nice to have a piece of it still in the sims. The village I'm from looks similar to Henford-on-Bagley, a bit more stone and break vs thatched cottages, but still pretty close - as close as the sims will ever get trying to be English at least.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Family cooking, picnic basket, Mrs Crumplebottom and anything new that is not in base game patch for ponds that's about it. I guess the chickens are okay but the other animals are exactly what I did not want.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Llamas
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Children helping with cooking (and maybe gardening) is probably the most exciting thing with me, and having a new hobby (cross-stitching) that children can participate in. I'll have the animals in certain families but the expanded activities for children will affect my whole save.
    I also am just about to start my first retail, which I had already planned to be some sort of grocer, so I'm really looking forward to the new harvestables and craftables.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    The two things that I'm most interested in are the world, and kids being able to cook. I'm still waiting to see if that's enough for me to want the whole pack or not. Haven't made up my mind yet.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    All the new bugs! >:)

Sassy joking aside, I do really love the idea of families cooking together, and I think the bunnies can be fun to have around, aswell as the new crops.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    The animals. Usually I'm more drawn to build and buy instead of activities, but not this time. and that's not to say that the build/buy doesn't look great, but it's the activities that are really drawing me in on this one. I realize the cow and llama will essentially be objects to buy, but it looks like there will be some interaction as well, they'll feel like pets in a way.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm very excited for this pack... and I haven't felt this same excitement about a Sims 4 pack since the announcement for Seasons!

Personally, I'm looking forward to the cows and chickens! Also, the bunnies are adorable as well! I'm also very curious to learn more about the new world we're getting in the pack! :)

Also, who ISN'T excited about the fact that children can do the cross stitching and help with the cooking/baking!? I've been waiting for that for a LONG time now!

This pack definitely looks VERY promising! <3 I've been very critical about recent packs, but this one has truly captured my interest since it was announced! It's not entirely what I was looking for in a farming themed pack, but I'm definitely NOT disappointed either!

Group Cooking

The farm animals and wild animals

The World

The New Swimming Locations

The Pond Tool but of course that's coming in the July Pre EP Patch.

The New Recipes especially the flavored milks,watermelons and pumpkins.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm looking forward to ponds so we can put alligators,ducks and other stuff in them. Sadly sims can't swim in them but they can wade.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love the llamas.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller