Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are you looking forward to most in The Sims 4: Cottage Living?

Comments

• Options
    lifeofdaydreamslifeofdaydreams Posts: 44 Member
    The rags to riches potential is unparalleled! I'm looking forward to playing Cottage Living and having my sims live off the grid and only eat what they grow. And maybe only get new clothes if they knit sweaters with the fur they've gotten from their llamas! I don't know, I just wanna live in a cottage. :D

Also, needless to say, I'm dying for the llamas and the bunnies. They look so cute!

One thing I'm NOT excited about is being chased by roosters since that's my real-life nightmare. I'm terrified of chickens and roosters irl - just any bird larger than a pigeon... :#
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    The rags to riches potential is unparalleled! I'm looking forward to playing Cottage Living and having my sims live off the grid and only eat what they grow. And maybe only get new clothes if they knit sweaters with the fur they've gotten from their llamas! I don't know, I just wanna live in a cottage. :D

Also, needless to say, I'm dying for the llamas and the bunnies. They look so cute!

One thing I'm NOT excited about is being chased by roosters since that's my real-life nightmare. I'm terrified of chickens and roosters irl - just any bird larger than a pigeon... :#

@lifeofdaydreams I sympathize with your fear. Being chased by a grown chicken in rl can be pretty intense. For me, being cornered and chased by big ducks was the worst; I am very wary around them now - I live in an area where we have a lot of ducks and geese in the summer, even though we are in the city.

I like your plan for living in a cottage.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Alligators? I've seen that mentioned several times now. Is this really in the game or is it a mod?

So I heard it from a youtuber, who quoted a guru, but just that there are alligators, so I guess we will see if it is a new form of death.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Lquinn wrote: »
    Alligators? I've seen that mentioned several times now. Is this really in the game or is it a mod?

So I heard it from a youtuber, who quoted a guru, but just that there are alligators, so I guess we will see if it is a new form of death.

I would love death by alligator for my sims...I could send my most disliked pre-mades to the pond and then SNAP! Mwuh huh huh huh..... Even if we don't get killer gaters, I'd love to have a few, just for fun. I could pretend they killed the sim...maybe I could have a black widow sim who marries and brings her spouse to the country for a honeymoon in order to get all their money.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I am looking forward to the lot challenges system that they mentioned. I'm curious to see how it will work as it sounds like a system I will likely use in all of my households, I always enjoy more features that layer over other features, I'm sure lot challenges will pair very nicely with Lot Traits, NAP's and Eco Footprints.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

It's not. It's just one of the VFX you can choose for ponds. Atmopheric. Like the Koi that came with SE.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Mrs. Crumplebottom, the world, the cottage aesthetic and, of course, llamas!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    All the fun historical off-the-grid cottage farm play. Plus, the pretty cottage dresses & finding out what that mysterious green circular up in the green mountain is?
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    All the fun historical off-the-grid cottage farm play. Plus, the pretty cottage dresses & finding out what that mysterious green circular up in the green mountain is?

It is modeled after a circular maze at EA head quarters with snail in the middle.

Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Attacking chickens. Enough said.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Aw nuts, there goes my theory of Alien-Fairy Landings. :D
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I'm looking forwards to something new. It's always fun to see what new things are added to the game, even if I don't like the overall idea of a pack, ie: knitting stuff. My theory has always been, since the days of The Sims 2, that every pack has something for everyone. There is always something I like in each pack.
    The chicken coop reminds me of the store item in TS3, that was real cute. I didn't use it often, but it came in handy at times depending upon the story I was playing. I'm sure this will come in handy as well. I'm happy I pre-ordered it, I'm sure it will be fun.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,671 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Aw nuts, there goes my theory of Alien-Fairy Landings. :D

A snail fairy?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Llamas, the picnic basket and being able to order/shop for groceries.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm very exited for the new grocery / ingredients option (that you need to have the ingredients to cook the meal). I hope it´s a base game feature and will apply on all lots (please no more infinite pantries :S)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Terrain and pond tools coming to base game in the pre-pack are nice.

In the pack proper, I am not actually wild for farming and gardening, but I think the world itself is lovely, and easy to imagine being upstream of Britechester in the Sims analog of England.

I see Build/Buy and CAS assets that I look very much forward to playing with.

Needlepoint looks fun and may also sell me on knitting, finally, which I haven't felt a burning need to pick up yet.

Bunnies in jumpers is a bit twee... but also gives a charming Beatrix Potter vibe, and I don't suppose I have to put clothes on the wildlife if I don't care to.

I'll probably end up gardening, keeping a henhouse and running a cow shed just because - but it's not the main draw for me, which in fact are the fashions & cottage build assets, most of all.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

It's not. It's just one of the VFX you can choose for ponds. Atmopheric. Like the Koi that came with SE.

Aren't there alligators in Selvadora? If so, I think they'll use those.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    The gameplay opportunities for one of my spellcaster families, and, assuming we're not getting a faery pack anytime soon, seeing how well the pack can be adapted to include self-made/directed faeries.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,671 Member
    Alligators in Henford confuse me a bit. Would not frogs suit the world better? Hm.

Anyway, minor detail. I'm excited to build my farms, find good ways to arrange the sheds and test them in game play, and of course to check out new BB. Can't wait to bring some of the content to other worlds as well (have a few farms in ie Brindleton Bay and Willow Creek. Most of all I'm eager to see the world map :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

There are Koi in snowy escape?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Alligators in Henford confuse me a bit. Would not frogs suit the world better? Hm.

Anyway, minor detail. I'm excited to build my farms, find good ways to arrange the sheds and test them in game play, and of course to check out new BB. Can't wait to bring some of the content to other worlds as well (have a few farms in ie Brindleton Bay and Willow Creek. Most of all I'm eager to see the world map :)
    They talked like you could put the alligators in ponds, so I’m thinking you could put them anywhere you put a pond.
  • Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Alligators in Henford confuse me a bit.

Alligators are part of the base game update and not Cottage Living, thus they need not fit in the pack, just any sims world. Besides what self respecting castle would not have gaters in there mote? Who hasn't built a castle or two in this game? Now we can do the mote right, gators and all.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    I am looking forward to the entire pack but I am most excited about the lot challenge. I always welcome more challenge in my game. I can't wait for the chickens also. The attack chicken thing looks really funny. I also want to find out more about all the deaths. Then, of course, I am excited about the cottage build items. I love building in this game. Living in the south of the USA, I have to say I am curious about the alligators. I wonder if they will be able to kill our sims? This pack looks like it is going to be a lot of fun.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Seeing what it actually entails and if my ancestral game save will be enhanced by it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I m mostly excited about the lot challenges, the animals and the new world.