Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW ICON (LEAK???)

Did anyone notice in this photo that there is a NEW ICON next to the phone? What could it be?

Does it look like an agenda? Concert schedule?

E5-MEf-K5-WEAAXYAz.jpg
E5-MEf-K4-WEAo-FOd-S.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I think they'd definitely need to add some stripped-down version of the calender for bands to function, so maybe.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Maybe it'll be a notebook where we can write out individual sim bios again. We've only been waiting 7 🐸🐸🐸🐸 years for it.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Maybe it'll be a notebook where we can write out individual sim bios again. We've only been waiting 7 ❤️❤️❤️❤️ years for it.

You may be onto something here. A note book would make sense, especially as there was also a red phone booth in the village. Maybe they are bringing back land phones and the notebook would make sense for sims to keep track of their fish and gardening collections and knowledge.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Maybe it'll be a notebook where we can write out individual sim bios again. We've only been waiting 7 ❤️❤️❤️❤️ years for it.

You may be onto something here. A note book would make sense, especially as there was also a red phone booth in the village. Maybe they are bringing back land phones and the notebook would make sense for sims to keep track of their fish and gardening collections and knowledge.

There's already a notebook function for this as part of the phone. At least the fishing and gardening stuff (also the scientist and detective careers, and I think Strangerville)

They could be splitting that out, though.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

There's already a notebook function for this as part of the phone. At least the fishing and gardening stuff (also the scientist and detective careers, and I think Strangerville)

They could be splitting that out, though.

Well I was thinking that maybe the cell phone becomes optional now.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

I really wish they would. Its not even a huge addition to make, its something small that would mean a lot.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Here another clearer photo
    E5-Na-Jnd-WYAAAAk-R.jpg
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    edited July 2021
    If you do an image search for "planner icon," a couple of the results are a similar design. Seems plausible that's what they're going for, though what it would mean if so, idk. Maybe something to do with scheduling events? Like setting your sim to go on a vacation 3 days in the future, that kind of thing. I don't remember if there is anything like that in this game already.

Is this "leak" from a livestream or something?

Edit: Actually, along the lines of band speculation, "itinerary icon" yields a result or two that's even closer in style, I think, like this one: https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.dpaNzDuYETdPed5jNwbL6gHaHa&pid=Api&f=1

So that could fit with bands, like a concert tour itinerary.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member

That would be amazing, and would kind of make sense for an off-the-grid/simple life pack, but because I'd be so happy with it I'm not going to dare to hope for it.
  • Options
    Reedfish wrote: »

That would be amazing, and would kind of make sense for an off-the-grid/simple life pack, but because I'd be so happy with it I'm not going to dare to hope for it.

There were red phone boxes in the trailer. Unless they are some kind of modern take on phone boxes that are converted into a public book case or an internet cafe desk, I think we are getting land phones.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    It kinda looks like a Planner/agenda.
  • Options
    DivaDogsDivaDogs Posts: 20 Member
    I agree that it looks like a planner! I hope it is a least!
  • Options
    plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    I think its a notebook of some kind! I just caught something from the Harold blog post about Cottage living and it says this:

"You will find that this part of town is perfect to have a lot with a garden and space for livestock and oversized crops! You can always take notes as you stroll around the area and see how the townsfolk are doing with their gardens and plots"

This is the second paragraph under the picture of New Old Henford. Maybe this will tie into the errands/tips for gardening?
  • Options
    Triplis wrote: »
    If you do an image search for "planner icon," a couple of the results are a similar design. Seems plausible that's what they're going for, though what it would mean if so, idk. Maybe something to do with scheduling events? Like setting your sim to go on a vacation 3 days in the future, that kind of thing. I don't remember if there is anything like that in this game already.

Is this "leak" from a livestream or something?

Edit: Actually, along the lines of band speculation, "itinerary icon" yields a result or two that's even closer in style, I think, like this one: https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.dpaNzDuYETdPed5jNwbL6gHaHa&pid=Api&f=1

So that could fit with bands, like a concert tour itinerary.

In Inside Maxis livestream.
    https://youtu.be/nVwtqZN3JTM?t=2850
    "itinerary icon" I like the way it looks. I think there are several tracks that allude to the bands.

Although it could also have to do with the new EP
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did anyone notice in this photo that there is a NEW ICON next to the phone? What could it be?

Does it look like an agenda? Concert schedule?

E5-MEf-K5-WEAAXYAz.jpg
    E5-MEf-K4-WEAo-FOd-S.jpg

It looks like the calendar.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I wonder if it's a notebook/diary where you will takes notes about the things sims are telling you when you're going around town talking to different sims and getting information for the "quests/missions/errands" thingy?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    NicoleaNicolea Posts: 48 Member
    It look a like a notebook which makes me thinks it what we would use to click and order groceries
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    It looks like a stove to me. Maybe it's a recipe book?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    If not a planner, maybe an oven.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Definitely food related
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Definitely food related

A family recipe book maybe?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I wonder if it's a notebook/diary where you will takes notes about the things sims are telling you when you're going around town talking to different sims and getting information for the "quests/missions/errands" thingy?

I too was wondering if it was a notebook for the quests you do for the townfolk. Like a checklist of what you still need to do and to see quests that you've done, like with a striked out line across tasks you've completed.
  • Options
    @catloverplayer The calendar is next to the phone. This icon is different. I don't think they make a different icon for the calendar.

@Chazzzy I don't think it's food related, no hint of that and it definitely doesn't look like an oven, haha. It looks more like an errand notebook as @AncientMuse @Chicklet453681 says

Or maybe it's a future update. Remember that the schedule was leaked, but the base game update has not arrived yet. I'm still hoping it's some kind of an itinerary to plan vacations, birthdays, events, maybe even concerts if we have bands.
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Maybe it's something involving the update for more family/group activities? If you have seasons, I know the calendar shows upcoming events, birthdays and holidays, so I'm not really sure why they'd need a planner of any kind unless they are separating the two...

Now something like a recipe book, with the group activity cooking coming up? And Adults being able to teach children about gardening... Maybe it's relating to skills altogether? Idk, just thoughts haha
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    edited July 2021
    Notebook would be kind of lacklustre, Sims makes notes in gardening, the fashion career but not in the journalist career!? The notebook is in the detective career where it is essential and also regarding fishing, where it is kind of neh, if you are not really in to fishing. What purpose would this added notebook have?!