Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Sessions Screenshots

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Here is how you disable sims wearing the t-shirts when the festival is going on in MC Tuner:

Click on your sim, go to MC Tuner, activate autonomy scan. Right click on the ground and search for autonomy, search for MusicFestival and a bunch of autonomy actions should show up.

Disable the following by clicking on them, they might be translated to the language you are playing on. It's the same that EnkiSchmidt listed.

269921,marketStalls_BuyCASassetAndWear_MusicFestival
    270499,marketStalls_BuyCASassetAndWear_MusicFestival_SimSessions
    270500,marketStalls_BuyCASassetAndWear_MusicFestival_BebeRexha
    270501,marketStalls_BuyCASassetAndWear_MusicFestival_JoyOladokun
    270502,marketStalls_BuyCASassetAndWear_MusicFestival_DaveBayley

I have not seen any of my sims wearing t-shirts after that.

Is it the camera I use (Sims3 camera) , but right clicking to ground only moves the camera around, I used just regular left click.

Thank you both for the instructions, I searched MusicFestival at their home lot from all autonomy instructions and managed to disable them before even going to festival :)

Yep, it should have been left click, not right click, I almost got everything right :D
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

So I ended up enjoying this way more than I thought I would. As luck would have it, I was just about to play my household with the "musical instrument" naming theme when this was announced.

My first (pleasant) surprise was that as soon as the family arrived at the park, all of them automatically started going towards the stage-which was a good thing because the festival area is actually a bit of a hike from the main park. (Am I the only one who had kind of...forgotten about all that extra space around the park lot?) Luckily, the family seemed to know exactly where to go-even the toddlers.

9.png

And yes, this family did bring not one, but two toddlers to a music festival. It went...better than you would think. The parents were able to interact with their kids during the performances-at one point, the dad even started playing with his toddler son. I thought this moment was cute as it looked like he was holding him on his shoulders to see better.

12.png

The crowd was a nice mix of my own playable Sims and pre-mades/townies. Given how unpredictable crowds of Sims can often be, I have to say I was impressed by how the event played out. The Sims autonomously gathered and reacted when the performance was going on, including cheering, clapping, and swaying their arms in the air. Even the kids got into it.

11.png

17.png

18.png

But between the actual performances, the crowd broke up and the Sims visited the souvenir stall, rested in the tents, and browsed the sale table. When it was time for the next performance, back to the stage they went.

14.png

15.png

20.png

I did try to have my own Sims perform as well, but by the time the "official" performances wrapped up there wasn't much time left in the event. I did notice that both adults and kids have the option to "get on stage" after the performances are over, so if you have a musically inclined child Sim this might be something to try out.

I really want to see more events like this in the future.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Well, this is an interesting update and unexpected. I just have a few questions.
    1. Are these performers supposed to be imitations of some real performers? If they are, I don't know them. Has anyone asked the gurus? Would like to know.
    2. Do the performances only include one song each and or the same songs if you attend the festival again on another Sunday? Will there be more songs by the performers?

I was happy to see a heftier performer and not a picture perfect Sim in this update, thanks, Maxis.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I'm going to try something out, but I don't know if it will make my game glitch or not... What happens if you try adding one of the performers to the household using cheats? Will you be able to do that? And then, who comes to perform next Sunday? 😂😂😂
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm going to try something out, but I don't know if it will make my game glitch or not... What happens if you try adding one of the performers to the household using cheats? Will you be able to do that? And then, who comes to perform next Sunday? 😂😂😂

I tried finding the performers with MC Command Center afterwards but I couldn't see them. They are not hidden sims like Kylo Ren and Rey either (or MC Command center can just not find them). Maybe the game generates them and then deletes them after the performance.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Well, this is an interesting update and unexpected. I just have a few questions.
    1. Are these performers supposed to be imitations of some real performers? If they are, I don't know them. Has anyone asked the gurus? Would like to know.

@Cinebar , yes, they are all real performers!

I had only heard of Bebe Rexha before this event, but I ended up liking Joy Oladokun the most. Here is the original version of Breathe Again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNhOTIBxpJY
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Thank you, @PalmArrow, I'm behind the times, I don't know most newer celebs these days. That's an interesting video.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I enjoyed this festival a lot, but I'm glad I read this thread first and made a throwaway save just to visit it - I would hate it if too many townies suddenly switched their clothes for festival shirts in my regular saves!

I let the game create a Sim for me and moved him to a cheap apartment in San Myshuno. Then I just made him go outside and chat with townies while waiting for the festival notification. It came around noon.

gNvkBJ4.png

It was fun to see familiar townies gather around the stage to listen.

WqgVle0.png

My Sim bought a festival T-shirt and put it on. (I bought this one because I like simlish text, and a Joy Oladokun shirt because it was the prettiest one.)

z919Zrz.png

During the break townies bought food and festival shirts, which I liked because it was exactly what a real festival audience would do. Bella Goth never exchanged her signature red dress for a festival shirt, though!

ba7HuOC.png

Then everyone gathered around the stage again for the second performer.

z4Nzlud.png

By the time the headliner was on, there was quite a sizeable crowd.

ygBImhh.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,882 Member

@Butterfreeguy please report back. I'd love to have Bebe and Joy as housemates in my game.
  • Options
    Thank you, @PalmArrow, I'm behind the times, I don't know most newer celebs these days. That's an interesting video.

@Cinebar most of the simmers here were not familiar with all of the performers. I'd only heard of Bebe but I enjoyed Joy's performance the most.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991175/which-of-the-sims-sessions-artists-are-you-familiar-with/p1
  • Options
    Naus wrote: »
    Good thing that I didn't have to pay for an advertisement? 🙄

No, that's not what I meant. :D Simply that it was free content and I wasn't expecting it to rival TS3 showtime. I agree the venue looks a little sad and forlorn pictured empty like that but it all comes alive once the concert begins and sims are cheering and moving about the space. :)

• Options
    My sim really enjoyed the concert. And so did I!

AgQWS17.png

o19novg.png

bdlT4gp.png

DXaDViG.png

Morgana and Thornton Wolff getting frisky.

Y1ZSbb5.png

And Bebe closing out the show.

qQDuijL.png

I invited several family members to hang out.
  • Options
    Okay, apparently you cannot even cheat to get any of the performers in your household. But I believe that some people replicated them and put them in the gallery.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2021
    I liked this. Definitely a bit more interesting than the other 'festivals' from other packs or maybe it's the vibe? That and I like this type of event compared to the ones that involved Jasmine Holiday.

Really like their music and enjoyed hearing the simlish songs in their entirety.

6PHimWh.png
    ceg8H5r.png
    e7Dnc2g.png
    8nqSjmI.png

My sims enjoyed it for sure. Got a little weary since it was cold and thought sims would freeze but no one did at least. Soon as sims noticed the stage was finally free they wasted no time in getting up on there to watch other sims play badly. Business as usual. :#

IaeEzhN.png

Thought t shirts might be a bit off putting with some English on them, but gotta say doesn't bother me. Probably due to a sims image being on the shirt.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »

@Cinebar , yes, they are all real performers!

I had only heard of Bebe Rexha before this event, but I ended up liking Joy Oladokun the most. Here is the original version of Breathe Again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNhOTIBxpJY

Joy also gained another fan in me too. I had heard of the other two, but not Joy Oladokun. Glad to have discovered a new artist to add to my playlists.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    TS4_x64_2021-06-30_08-32-30.png?width=1191&height=670 .....
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    Next sim I'm going to send will be a photographer.
    The two sims I sent got up front to take a few photos. Unfortunately, they haven't been practicing the photography skill, so the shots turned out lousy! These were the best ones they took. Oh well, better luck next time! :s:D
    y4m9LMOOkDk23-m5e8zrIe__8ZYzG0Jvwel2bjRh96Kuo4Y8MZTeDjwd3YanAEOuLt53VlREqWOR2H-ge3LOCZqvwt6owAsk3mdA0EsUJqslWTtfqadBsUAo_4_JNatqANs4Vse8rf_nvyqAaihpDGSCZXr9j6BoQcb3oUAuoDQ4WsgobyEeMlGdUnGqr040PZP?width=723&height=1000&cropmode=none
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited June 2021
    My Vampire and my Spellcaster also really enjoyed the concert. And so did I! :D

30.06.21_00-12-16xtk9l.jpg

30.06.21_00-13-29p6j3u.jpg

How to get the attention of the whole crowd.

30.06.21_14-34-17ylkwp.jpg

I actually meant to set the piano on fire, not the singer. So I'm sorry if anyone is upset by this. That wasn't my intention.

30.06.21_14-32-39f7j18.jpg

But don't worry, the crowd was prepared (at least 5 of them pulled out a fire extinguisher!) Pls note Morgyn's facial expression and also the one of the girl standing next to him on the left. "I won't let you ruin this!" :D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    After my sims family attended the festival their images turned into silhouettes
    Shadows.png

This happen to anyone else?

playing vanilla no mods
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    30_06_18.png

30_06_19.png

Unfortunately, the shops at the festival area never opened, but two food stalls in the Magnolia Blossom Park were open in stead.

30_06_20.png

I removed the food stalls in the park afterwards.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    @Busufu. I so love your Vamp sinking her fangs into another sim right in front of a live concert. Way too funny. :D
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Okay, apparently you cannot even cheat to get any of the performers in your household. But I believe that some people replicated them and put them in the gallery.

I didn't experiment too much since I was in my main save. I'll maybe start a new save that I can mess up and see what I can do.

The big thing for me is that, if you look at the performers in MCCC, you can see their traits and each of the performers seems to be a fully-made sim, just with a trait specific to them being the performer they are in the festival. So I'm wondering what all that trait does beyond making them perform in the festival. Is it what makes them disappear when not on stage? Would a normal sim given that trait cease to exist outside of the festival?

• Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    well it doesnt even work for me...guess my mods are blocking it
  • Options
    Just posting a few photos here. If you want to know why a couple of bears attended a festival, go check out the story in the 'What happened in your game today, non-serial version' thread.

51280683007_daa6ea042f.jpg

51281598898_244a573ac0.jpg

51281598878_1bdfcf1560.jpg

51281598868_7fa799b366.jpg

51281421211_3cb810d56f.jpg

51281598808_44a6a46b19.jpg

51282151154_cab5c8002b.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file