Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June Patch Speculation Thread 2021(Out Now))

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    We'll either get a patch tomorrow with a livestream or next week. Next week is the last week in June.
    I’m hoping it’s with the livestream 🥺. I’d like to know more about the calendar. There definitely needs to be more likes and dislikes added.

There will be a Livestream to show all the new stuff coming with the patch. They could announce Tomorrow before it releases but I'm doubtful we'll get a Patch this week cause they would have probably have announced Today if we were.
  • Options
    JestTru wrote: »
    There's a livestream tomorrow? Ugh, I'm missing so much. Have they said what they're streaming? And what time will it be?
    We'll either get a patch tomorrow with a livestream or next week. Next week is the last week in June.

There's a livestream tomorrow? When was this announced?

No I didn't say that. Tomorrow is Thursday normally Patch Day and if we're to get a Patch this week a Maxis Livestream will release before the patch comes out. That's why I think it might be this week. Next week is the Last week in June and July 1st is Next Friday so the patch is either this week or next unless they intend on having 2 patches in July.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    We're apparently riding 3 waves of Base Game updates. I would say that the Like/Dislike feature was one of them.

The next, I do not know. Base Game updates are not automatically good or big.

The Next may have something to do with the Summer Event they teased about yesterday if this isn't just a Twitch Event and it does add new gameplay to the game thru the update.
  • Options
    I'm hoping they'll add more interactions to the Relax in Bed interaction. My married sims can't even talk to each other while their relaxing in bed or cuddle,spoon,kiss or watch tv together.
  • Options
    So far no news on a patch today.
  • Options
    IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    Patches usually come out almost 2 weeks after they publish laundry list of the month. So new patch probably at 29th? Unless we have a surprise patch today.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    So far no news on a patch today.

Probably only on 2nd cup of coffee.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm hoping they'll add more interactions to the Relax in Bed interaction. My married sims can't even talk to each other while their relaxing in bed or cuddle,spoon,kiss or watch tv together.

Yeah cause right now this is bleak!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I'm actually really looking forward to the CoL pre patch, we got a new emotion with the paranormal stuff pack, a new likes and dislikes system with DHD game pack, so fingers crossed for another personality feature!
  • Options
    No patch or livestream today. Now we know it's next week.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I don't think we'll get another personality feature as a CoL pre patch. They already said we'll be getting the pond tool so I doubt that there'll be another CoL pre patch feature.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    is only 6 days left of june so if they patch will have too be on tuesday if june
  • Options
    I wonder if we'll get anymore updates to base game hairs in the Patch coming Tuesday.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2021
  • Options
    Well, June 29 Patch will add Sims Sessions festival.

I'm hoping that won't be all it adds. I'd love to see some more base game hairstyles updated.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I"m still hoping more interactions get added to relax in bed in June. It's odd that sims can't even talk to each other in bed while relaxing. They just look into the air. They can't even watch tv together. If you try one gets off the bed and stands while watching tv. Also cuddle while watching movie from the movie sp isn't coded into relax in bed. It will come up but they won't cuddle.

I've asked the gurus and thesims on twitter about the relax in bed if it's getting updated and they're not responding so far.

The way sims on sims4 don't actually do anything together is disturbing especially when you see in sims 3, they can dance together, or even slow dance together! You need mods for that in sims4. Doing anything in bed but sleep or woohoo, needs mods or it needs to be sims3, in which, they actually sleep TOGETHER as in, spooning and seeming to snuggle into one another whereas in sims4, everything is just done solo
    beside each other.

It may be due to sims4 being intended as an online game, that everything done 'together is actually done solo, near others.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited June 2021
    I personally don't care about hair updates. I'd much rather have the team working on actual new gameplay enhancing stuff. The festivals don't do that and also will only last for a week, so I'm not much into them as well.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    LilyPlaysTheSimsLilyPlaysTheSims Posts: 2 New Member
    About the calendar and holidays potentially becoming free:

I don’t want them to add the calendar to the base game, just because that was one of the main selling points for Seasons and one of the only reasons I bought the pack. I just don’t think it’s quite fair to add something you have to pay for, and then when people do, release it for free. Without the calendar, Seasons would be worth half the price. Holidays and the calendar are such a big party of season and I don’t think they should become free.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

I don’t want them to add the calendar to the base game, just because that was one of the main selling points for Seasons and one of the only reasons I bought the pack. I just don’t think it’s quite fair to add something you have to pay for, and then when people do, release it for free. Without the calendar, Seasons would be worth half the price. Holidays and the calendar are such a big party of season and I don’t think they should become free.

Holidays and the calendar are two separate features. There is no way that they’d give holidays to everyone for free.

The calendar becoming free benefits everyone, as they will be able to add things like City Living/Snowy Escape festivals, base game events like Sims Sessions, and future content like Lunar Cycle to the calendar. When the calendar was first revealed, a lot of people actually thought it was going to be a base game update, not a Seasons exclusive feature.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

The calendar itself is not that big of a feature to take up half the expansion pack's worth
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    I"m still hoping more interactions get added to relax in bed in June. It's odd that sims can't even talk to each other in bed while relaxing. They just look into the air. They can't even watch tv together. If you try one gets off the bed and stands while watching tv. Also cuddle while watching movie from the movie sp isn't coded into relax in bed. It will come up but they won't cuddle.

I've asked the gurus and thesims on twitter about the relax in bed if it's getting updated and they're not responding so far.

The way sims on sims4 don't actually do anything together is disturbing especially when you see in sims 3, they can dance together, or even slow dance together! You need mods for that in sims4. Doing anything in bed but sleep or woohoo, needs mods or it needs to be sims3, in which, they actually sleep TOGETHER as in, spooning and seeming to snuggle into one another whereas in sims4, everything is just done solo
    beside each other.

It may be due to sims4 being intended as an online game, that everything done 'together is actually done solo, near others.

The fact that they added relax in bed should mean they could add those interactions to relax in bed.
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »

Holidays and the calendar are two separate features. There is no way that they’d give holidays to everyone for free.

The calendar becoming free benefits everyone, as they will be able to add things like City Living/Snowy Escape festivals, base game events like Sims Sessions, and future content like Lunar Cycle to the calendar. When the calendar was first revealed, a lot of people actually thought it was going to be a base game update, not a Seasons exclusive feature.

This.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021

I don’t like aspects of paid DLC being made free😭.

I have played without a calendar thus far. There would have to be a big pull to get me interested.

I’m surprised that it wasn’t a base game feature from the start. Tying it to Seasons was a missed opportunity.

I’m glad to read holidays themselves are remaining exclusive but agree the calendar no longer unique to Seasons reduces the pack’s value. (Although for me it would be to knock off a couple of pounds as the calendar is only one element of Seasons, so £32.99.)

They must be planning some kind of events, in order to need the calendar.
    @elelunicy I like the idea of a lunar cycle! 🐺!

I’m hoping they include an option to turn it off if it doesn’t appeal.

Post edited by ncisGibbs02 on
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Tomorrow is Patch Day cause that's how the music festival will be introduced into the game.