Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

I hope the new woohoo spot is a haystack. :D

I wonder if the new woohoo spot is the barns for the cows

I think that you may be right :)

I’m guessing the barns & a haystack.

For the new deaths I do obviously think one is death by chicken attack. I think one of the gurus said new deaths plural.

I’m guessing maybe something like rabbit rodent fever but from a lama bite

Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I also am dying for some new info this week. At least a livestream date would be nice and maybe some info here and there. New blog maybe?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I was hoping that this song The Worzels "I've got a brand new Combine Harvester" might be more apt but at least Arnie's mod has a tractor!

Or this one... Seeing as I'm an actual cider drinker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzGkB6YO9Yc
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    This song should be in the pack...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOSseI1hao8

I LOVE THIS. In spite of what you and @elanorbreton said, you just made Chas & Dave a new fan. Go figure the old, weirdo music chick is gonna dig it though. :smirk:
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2021
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I was hoping that this song The Worzels "I've got a brand new Combine Harvester" might be more apt but at least Arnie's mod has a tractor!

Or this one... Seeing as I'm an actual cider drinker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzGkB6YO9Yc

I give you. In the country!

https://youtu.be/Uy_47WBfI1Y

Oh dear, I'm getting all nostalgic! :'(
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    This song should be in the pack...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOSseI1hao8

I LOVE THIS. In spite of what you and @elanorbreton said, you just made Chas & Dave a new fan. Go figure the old, weirdo music chick is gonna dig it though. :smirk:

I also like Chas & Dave. My dad had all their albums. Maybe because he was a fellow East Londoner? (The true name is filtered because it contains a male part).
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Hopefully my sims can finally own a proper grocery store. I’m hopeful for some decent shelves.

There are no grocery stores. 😕

Yea it sucks they didn’t make one but hopefully I can use the GTW EP to make it.

You can already have a grocery store with GTW. I have one that has all of the flowers, ready made meals, all seeds, all fizzy drinks, all veggies, fruits, and fish. I have been using it since GTW came out and adding more with new packs. No problems whatsoever and my sims can easily go buy some ambrosia when mistakes happen.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    liliaeth wrote: »
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

I hope the new woohoo spot is a haystack. :D

I wonder if the new woohoo spot is the barns for the cows

I think it’s going to be the haystacks, they look kinda like the dumpsters from eco so they could just reuse the animation

SimGuruRomeo mentioned in his tweets that Romantic Spot is hinted on in the trailer. The only romantic scene in it besides a random guy flirting with Agnes is at the beginning with a couple flirting in some romantic settings in front of old ruins. And though I'd like the hay woohoo to make a return I'm pretty sure this romantic spot is the new woohoo place. Like a Lighthouse was in Brindleton Bay.
    50f0d0b85da34c4119f94a435c894749d64cb214.jpg

Besides I didn't spot any new hay stacks in the trailer. And the one at the side of new farm stall is way to little for a proper woohoo I feel.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
  • Options
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Hopefully my sims can finally own a proper grocery store. I’m hopeful for some decent shelves.

Yea it sucks they didn’t make one but hopefully I can use the GTW EP to make it.

You can already have a grocery store with GTW. I have one that has all of the flowers, ready made meals, all seeds, all fizzy drinks, all veggies, fruits, and fish. I have been using it since GTW came out and adding more with new packs. No problems whatsoever and my sims can easily go buy some ambrosia when mistakes happen.

You'll be able to add a jam/preserve section with this pack. Put honey with them too.

If you have a craft store then cross-stitch supplies could be added there too.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I know that Sim Guru Romeo said the produce stall was the shop, but does that mean the store front shown behind it is just a shell? I really like the idea of creating a village shop as @EmmaVane outlines if it's possible.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Can sims steal their neighbor's eggs? Asking for a friend. >:)
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    I know that Sim Guru Romeo said the produce stall was the shop, but does that mean the store front shown behind it is just a shell? I really like the idea of creating a village shop as @EmmaVane outlines if it's possible.

Same!
    @EmmaVane do you use the fridges or how do you sell the produce? 🧐
  • Options

Same!
    @EmmaVane do you use the fridges or how do you sell the produce? 🧐

I think you are both referring to @Mstybl95 's Grocery Shop, not mine?

I don't currently have a supermarket, though I will eventually build one. When I do I'll MOO produce into crates or baskets for visuals, and set for sale from there (as an unowned shop), but for an owned shop I'd remove those from sale (keep as décor) and sell from the fridge for instant sales rather than ringing up each veggie individually.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

It must be a shell, though in the trailer it looks like sim is going inside it, but it could have been a side alley that sims were going through. There is another shell shop that sells pots and pans. I kind of like it. Wish sims could purchase plates and stuff from there to decorate their kitchens.

ep11screen-93.jpg
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

@Mstybl95 Care to share this shop...?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

It must be a shell, though in the trailer it looks like sim is going inside it, but it could have been a side alley that sims were going through. There is another shell shop that sells pots and pans. I kind of like it. Wish sims could purchase plates and stuff from there to decorate their kitchens.

ep11screen-93.jpg

That sounds great, there's a lot of possibilities for quaint little shops in this pack, knitting and embroidery supplies for instance. I hope there's a village lot that can be used for this purpose. :) I'm excited again.
  • Options

ep11screen-93.jpg

That sounds great, there's a lot of possibilities for quaint little shops in this pack, knitting and embroidery supplies for instance. I hope there's a village lot that can be used for this purpose. :) I'm excited again.

It might take time to make a profit from shops that sell small items. I always have an enclosed yard outside at the back selling the large stuff like swings and slides and expensive furniture inside to help out!
  • Options

ep11screen-93.jpg

It might take time to make a profit from shops that sell small items. I always have an enclosed yard outside at the back selling the large stuff like swings and slides and expensive furniture inside to help out!

They aren't great to run, but are still worth making as unowned shops for our sims to visit.
  • Options

ep11screen-93.jpg

Yeah, you're right about that, I remember it was a distinct challenge to make GTW shops profitable. Still, happy thoughts! :)
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

ep11screen-93.jpg

They aren't great to run, but are still worth making as unowned shops for our sims to visit.

These days you can also put in those kiosks from Komorebi and a lot of other useful stuff from other packs and it's made GTW a very useful pack to have now. I've started my Sims buying a retail outlet again and it's much more interesting to do.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Hopefully we can get the window decor from live edit objects. They would look great on retail lots.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

I just thought about the pumpkin patch. The pumpkin patch will look wonderful on haunted lots.
    One thing I’m wondering is if the cottage pumpkins are compatible with the pumpkin carving station that came with Spooky Stuff. I’d like to think so, but I’m afraid SimguruRomeo will tell us that pumpkins from the pumpkin patch are not bred for carving. 🤔
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

@Mstybl95 Care to share this shop...?

@calaprfy - I know the original version is on the gallery (Mstybl95), though it's part of a huge lot where you can buy most craftables from the game and looks like a town main street. I'm not sure if I made a cc free version, though.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top