Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you care about PlantSims?

Comments

• Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Yes!
    I voted yes even though I've never seen one in my game.

That's kinda why I voted yes.

I want this to be a permanent thing - the ability to make and keep a sim as a 'dryad / plant creature'.

As a temporary illness sort of thing, it's a complete waste, and whatever I need to do to get it is too obscure to just happen.

I want plant sim townies with a world that fits having them. Not just some rare condition that I have to intentionally seek out with an active sim.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Yes!
    Yes! I mean No! Well, actually Yes! but really no!... your voting options are too limited.

I want to care about plant sims. I remember having fun with them in a previous iteration of the sims (don't remember if it was 2 or3). I want to have fun with them again in the sims 4 but I just don't. I'm not having fun with the plant sims in the sims 4. There's just nothing to them, and I care about that.
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    No
    IObelle wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    They've always been my least favorite occult tbh. Playing as a fairy is fun, but playing as a vegetable? Not really something that appeals

Vegetable? They're plants, it's in their name! :#:D
    Now I don't know why it would be more appealing to play as an insect, suppose it has something to do with them having magical abilites...

And fairies are of course way more popular than plantpeople, but plantsims are rather unique for the sims franchise, so it's quite sad to see they don't get much love, neither from EA nor simmers! 💔

Only time I've ever enjoyed a game where you play as a bug is SimAnt waaaaaay back in the day.

As for plantsims, they get filed under all non-human bipeds in the series (vampires, aliens, etc.) Great for people who like them. Unwelcome in my simworld. Non-human quadrupeds are another matter. They're always welcome—even foxes, my favorite real-world animal even if they're going to be the scourge of chickens in the upcoming pack.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    No
    There are plantsims in this game!?
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    No
    I don't care for them either way, but I wouldn't mind them existing AS LONG AS game doesn't force Sim to become one if they are into gardening.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,436 Member
    Yes!
    They were my absolute favourite occult in sims 2 and I hate how they were reduced to a temporary desease in sims 4. The sims 4 plantsims are nothing more but a tribute to the versions in previous games. What makes things worse is that we have very little chance of getting real plantsims because we already have a very watered down version in the game. Please sims team, update plantsims.
  • Options
    RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    No
    I'm indifferent but I do think it's wack they got shafted more than other occults and aren't even a true life state. There's a lot of potential for plantsims, especially with packs like Seasons and Eco Living.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    No
    This thread just reminded me they exist.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    No
    We have plant sims?
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    mewo13mewo13 Posts: 60 Member
    No
    No. I don't get the obsession with them. You could just replace them with fairies and the experience would be x10 better imo. Also, they look ridic.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    No
    Onverser wrote: »
    They've always been my least favorite occult tbh. Playing as a fairy is fun, but playing as a vegetable? Not really something that appeals

Same here
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    No
    Since i've never seen a plant sim in TS4 and the developers don't seem interested in bringing them back official like in some form.
    Do i care? not in the slightest.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    No
    I've never played plant sims. They don't appeal to me at all to be honest.
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes!
    Yeah, I really want to be able to make functional Plant Sims and properly customize their appearance... I wish their hair wasn't stuck the way it is, it's the part that bothers me the most about the Sims 4 iteration.
    Post edited by Lorenerd11 on
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,759 Member
    Yes!
    I still haven't worked out how to get any Plant Sims in the Sims 4. Were they only available in a one off event like the Positivity Challenge?

Would be cool if there could be some Plant Sim features in CAS, like a dryad version of merfolk.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    No
    I loved the plant sims in Sims 2. Since I know we wouldn't get anything that cool again, and I've heard how pitiful they are in Sims 4
    I am not interested.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    No
    No. I hate all occult sims and think they are stupid. 😆There, I said it.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    No
    I never played with them in Sims 2 (I only had University and Night Life expansion packs) but I liked the idea of them... unfortunately my only experience with them is the Sims 4 version and they weren't really a life state, but I'd be excited to see what else they can do.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Yes!
    In Sims 3, I made it a mission to gain a PlantSim. They were a lot of fun to play with, left paths of flowers behind them everywhere they walked, and I could change up their hair for a more human look.

In Sims 4, I've built a few PlantSim houses, but the Sims themselves are boring and not worth the effort. Three days? And you have to have the same ugly hair on all your PlantSims? Bah! Humbug!

Upgrade PlantSims to be an actually occult, please. I really miss them.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I care about the Sims 2 ones. Sims 3 ones felt weak and Sims 4 ones feel completely weak.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    Nope never had one or a desire to have a plantsim
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    OrianasSimSOrianasSimS Posts: 17 Member
    No
    To be honest, I think I just tried them but never played fully with them...
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    No
    No, not at all, nor do I care about any other occult. BUT, I suppose I do care about them to the extent of wishing for occult lovers who do want them to get them. As long as of course they aren't forced on those of us who don't want them. Make them so you'd have to do something specific, not necessarily difficult, to get one. I'm happy when I get what I want, but I'm also happy when other people get what they want.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    EnigmaOFFCEnigmaOFFC Posts: 58 Member
    Yes!
    I loved them in Sims 2, not much in SIms 3 and I don't even bother trying to play them in Sims 4. I need them to be at least as good as in Sims 2. Not all occults need to be OP creatures with skill trees and all of that, some of them like aliens and mermaids that would benefit from it got thrown in expansion packs instead of having their own GP, so why they didn't add the plantsims in seasons/eco lifestyle/cottage living?! I just want more "plant" hairstyles and clothes than they had in sims 2/3, maybe with fungi variations too, and flower variations, but the powers to me came down to just helping in the garden/farming, i don't need them to do sparring or curse other people, maybe curse their enemies plants, but not people.
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Yes!
    My favorite life state is Plantsims - I was hoping TS4 would bring the best of TS2 (how they reproduce) and TS3 plantsims and really flesh them out more. Instead they just insulted us with green sims who need water.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱