Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The cow/llama shed door is a black hole: Looks Dreadful, Needs Updated

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    At least they don't look totally spooky like the Sims 3 ice cream truck :D

I used to rather like TS3 cows, so I'm not sure that this will really bother me. Though it would have been nice to fit 2-3 animals per shed, not sure why they couldn't do that.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    I was thinking about this earlier today and I couldn't agree more! I even wondered if it was an unfinished object. I love everything I see from this pack, but this looks a bit rough!
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Now I can‘t unsee it :s
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I hope people are really, really loud about this or else we'll end up with the ball pit 2.0.
    It'd take multiple big-name Game Changers and complaining to do it, and even then they probably won't listen.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited June 2021
    I guess that solves the old saying, what came first, the chicken or the egg?

.....Neither, they both came from a Black Hole :D:D

giphy.gif
  • Options
    SappySifakaSappySifaka Posts: 132 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I hope people are really, really loud about this or else we'll end up with the ball pit 2.0.
    It'd take multiple big-name Game Changers and complaining to do it, and even then they probably won't listen.

Yeah, sadly I think you're right about this needing Game Changer voices behind it. That's partially why I made this thread though. I don't really use Twitter, so I was hoping that if I could get enough Simmers talking about it that it would eventually make its way to some of the more prominent community voices and eventually back to the gurus.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I am pretty sure it will be possible to build a regular building around that shell and we'll never have to look at the black hole swallowing the poor cow.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I am pretty sure it will be possible to build a regular building around that shell and we'll never have to look at the black hole swallowing the poor cow.

Ahhh, you make a good point there. I suspect it will probably come down to that in that end, as I'm not super confident that the team will address the black hole before release.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I thought there was something familiar about the Cow shed. It reminds me of when I had this little toy farm as a little girl. I always thought it was funny how my Barbies were so much taller then the shed. :p
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member

Game changers aren’t the only ones they listen to, are they? ☹️
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Game changers aren’t the only ones they listen to, are they? ☹️

They definitely listen to the community as a whole, and I know some of the gurus and dev team look through the forums routinely for feedback/ideas. But often it's just a lot easier to get the dev team's attention when Game Changers (and their audiences) raise a concern.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    My plan is to build my own sheds and shrink the actual shed down inside it.

I'll have an archway for the animals to enter and so I have clicking access to the downsized shed for any interactions like mucking it out.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

I'll have an archway for the animals to enter and so I have clicking access to the downsized shed for any interactions like mucking it out.

Good approach. I feel like I'll end up doing the same
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member

This is my plan as well :smiley:

Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

What if sizing down the shed sizes down the cow? 🤔
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021

I’d put it on a desk and feed it peas. ❤️

I’m now going to have images today of tiny cows 🐮 on desks eating peas. 😂😂😂.
    😎
    Maybe the Sim kids could interact with miniature cows like toys.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    It looks bad but it's what they use for secret passageways and such in general. I don't know if animated door for that kind of object (the shed) is likely to happen?
    Peral wrote: »
    This thread makes me wonder what the poor animals will do when it is bitter cold or when there is a dangerous storm, if you have Seasons installed. Will they disappear into those black holes to hide in their sheds for the duration? Or stand shivering in the bitter cold?

The Sims also has to milk the cows when it is blistering cold, which might kill you Sim.
    Sims wont feel cold as long as they're in their winter clothes.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2021
    I don't want (ever) to be accused of being too picky again. :p I didn't see it, and now I can't unsee it. Thanks. :/
    Yes, maybe just some shadow and some color of hay or a stall rail etc. (for depth) on the door would help it. Nothing fancy like doors but a little bit of shadow would help it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

They said we buy animals for the sheds separately, so that makes me think they are 2 separate objects.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I don't want (ever) to be accused of being too picky again. :p I didn't see it, and now I can't unsee it. Thanks. :/
    Yes, maybe just some shadow and some color of hay or a stall rail etc. (for depth) on the door would help it. Nothing fancy like doors but a little bit of shadow would help it.

Making the black arch fade to translucent at the bottom so you can see a bit of the ground would help too.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    I don’t really care what the shed looks like,…… I do wish we could have more than one animal per shed though.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    This thread makes me wonder what the poor animals will do when it is bitter cold or when there is a dangerous storm, if you have Seasons installed. Will they disappear into those black holes to hide in their sheds for the duration? Or stand shivering in the bitter cold?

I hope we can make them a blanket to wear.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    The rabbits in this pack certainly get a better... rabbithole...
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    It looks bad but it's what they use for secret passageways and such in general. I don't know if animated door for that kind of object (the shed) is likely to happen?
    Peral wrote: »

The Sims also has to milk the cows when it is blistering cold, which might kill you Sim.
    Sims wont feel cold as long as they're in their winter clothes.

Well some of my Sims aren't that smart, one of my Sims almost got himself killed watersliding in mid winter