Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Using 24 hour (Military) time like Sims 2

I use 24 hour time instead of 12 hour time. I think Maxis (Or EA) should add options whether to use 12 hour time or military time.

Comments

• Options
    Circe344Circe344 Posts: 22 Member
    This needs to be upvoted.
    Why hasn´t this happend yet?
    Please implement the metric system as an option for eng language users. Not everyone are muricans, and not every player wants a game translated. My english is fine, thanks. I want to understand the time. "Just learn it" doesn´t help. 6 pm is what now? No clue.
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,062 Member
    edited June 2021
    Circe344 wrote: »
    This needs to be upvoted.
    Why hasn´t this happend yet?
    Please implement the metric system as an option for eng language users. Not everyone are muricans, and not every player wants a game translated. My english is fine, thanks. I want to understand the time. "Just learn it" doesn´t help. 6 pm is what now? No clue.

To answer your question 6pm is 6 in the evening. Or 6 hours past noon.

The 12-hour system divides the 24 hours of a day into two periods lasting 12 hours each. The first 12-hour period is designated as am. It runs from midnight to noon. The second period, marked pm, covers the 12 hours from noon to midnight.

The abbreviations am and pm derive from Latin:

AM = Ante meridiem: Before noon
    PM = Post meridiem: After noon

That being said I'm all for options and inclusion. So I wouldn't be opposed to having military time as an option.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,033 Member
    I use 24 hour time instead of 12 hour time. I think Maxis (Or EA) should add options whether to use 12 hour time or military time.

I would like the option for 24 hour clocks for my military Sims. 😎👍

Liking Little Bistro Kit! French cafe vibes. 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,448 Member
    edited June 2021
    French version is 24 hour
    It depends on the language.

In the Calendar, it would be nice if the week could start Monday instead of Sunday.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    They should also add the option to have Monday as the start of the week. I prefer to play TS in English because the German translations are very bad but I just can‘t deal with the 12 hour system and the week starting on a Sunday in the calendar.