Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying Cottage Living?

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Yes, on release day/pre-ordering
    Absolutely :love:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Maybe, waiting for more info
    Maybe. I like the garden to table lot trait. At least on paper. I'm waiting to see if any other features stand out to me to make it worth the $40.
  • Options
    PoppyErstwhilePoppyErstwhile Posts: 29 Member
    Yes, while I am very afraid that it's gonna be an empty pack gameplay-wise, I am way too intrigued by the new world to miss it.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I will be but I never commit myself.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I'd also wait for a sale if I do get it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    My actual answer wasn't there, so this is the closest. If I have the funds for it on release I will get it. I am not waiting for a sale, but I might have to wait another pay day.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2021
    No, it doesn't interest me
    In the minority this time but it doesn't remotely appeal, 40 dollars for some object animals and a world that looks the same as every other world in the game.. Yay
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    This pack looks so good I had to pre-order it on the day after announcement.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2021
    Posted in another thread but my perspective is likely going to sound weird.

I have very little interest in the theme as advertised so far. Rural Euro-centric stuff just doesn't tend to appeal to me. But I do expect to be able to use a some CAS and probably more build items from it.

That said. I'm all for buying it right away because I'm still in the 'honeymoon phase' when it comes to the Sims 4 and I've liked everything I've bought so far. Plus it is almost certain to have a new world with at least one lot I can build on (I'd rate the odds of this at just shy of 100%, there's a chance the planet gets vacuumed up by a black hole by next Tuesday, and there's a chance it won't have a new world - but neither is likely). And new lots to build on is something I'm obsessed with. I just picked buying Island Living over University because of a raw count of the number of residential lots despite my theme preference going the other way...

On the other hand I suspect the more negative a review someone like that Carl guy can give for it, the more I will like it. And this looks like one he would like - so maybe I won't like it.

But in general, I'm at a point right now where anything new just gets bought. That will wear off in time. If this was another Star Wars pack I might have a different answer - too far off from the norm of play for me. But even though I'm not into rural, I can still see my sims getting value out of it.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Absolutely. It's one of the things I have been waiting for! Yay, it is coming during my lifetime. So happy. Can you tell?
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    I probably will get it as some point, but as I'm not playing right now, I can't commit to anything atm. I'm waiting for some bug fixes and updates and more information before I decide definitely what to do. I'm still enjoying all the reactions, dreaming and excitement for the new content though. If they manage to not release a buggy mess, I'll certainly enjoy the pack.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I really liked it from the trailer, but I need to see gameplay and limitations thereof first!
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Yes, but waiting for a sale
    Yes, I definitely want to buy it, it looks amazing, but I plan to get it on sale :)
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    I always wait to see how bad the bugs will be. If they are not that bad then I may buy it. The downside to my theory it may break something else from another pack but this is EA so you gotta roll the dice and hope for the best.
  • Options
    VioletRedVioletRed Posts: 261 Member
    edited June 2021
    I. CANNOT. WAIT.

I started playing Sims with Sims 2 and I can count on one hand how many times I've bought expansions, stuff packs, etc on release day. I always wait for things to do on sale. This is one of the rare times that I....just can't. I've been playing a farm family forever and the farm need animals!
    Origin ID: Xieria
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Farming is my least favourite part of most farming game, but I find new worlds irresistible.

I also find cows beautiful and friend-shaped.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes, this is a day-one buy for me.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I have yet to pre order it as i am waiting until i get paid, but i might buy it before release day.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Why not?🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My true answer isn't on there, which is this is going on my Christmas list. My rotation is large enough that my sims age slow enough that I shouldn't be ready to have anyone move to the new world before then. And my husband gets irritated if I buy everything I want for myself and don't leave some things I will love as gift ideas. But it's a definite "will have purchased for me" anyway.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    I want to see more information before deciding. There’s a few threads about the different themes so there’s much for me to think about.

I did like the style of the trailer!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited June 2021
    If it's a good pack, I'll probably get it eventually. It's not in the MFPS and JtB category (never, not even for free) for me. Sims 4 isn't the primary sims game that I play so I'm in no rush.
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    After watching the trailer I was in love and had to pre-order straight away! Cannot wait to get my hands on this when it comes out. 🤩
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I'm somewhere between waiting for it to go on sale and wanting more info. And my final decision will be based on the number of glitches and how quickly the teams or mod creators fix everything. I do like all the possibilities I am seeing in the pack, but, as always, my thoughts turn to IL and EL and what a struggle it was trying to play shiny new packs loaded with broken features. I love the idea of real birdhouses, milking cows, gathering eggs, new plants, new food and new activities for our Sim kids. It ticks off several items on my personal wish list. No doubt it will be a huge success for EA and the teams. But I can't go through another summer of playing a broken game no matter how excited I am for the new content. I'll keep a lid on my excitement, and wait for the reviews before I buy it. I'll wait, but that doesn't mean the wait will be easy. Because I am very excited about this pack and all is has to offer. :'(
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    I honestly don't know. I had planned to, at first. I gotta find out everything about this pack first. CAS, items, cattle and building. Interactions? Can I hex Mrs. Crumplebottom if she smacks my romantic spellcaster on the head, or is she immune to magic (you never know with her).

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.