Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm only saying this because I don't want people thinking I'm ditching their stories:
    I'm going to try and take a break from being active in the forum for personal reasons. I will still be following and reading stories, but I will more likely comment directly to your blogs, so those of you who are on Wordpress- I will likely end up in your Spam folder XD I understand that I am still very behind on Sim 66. It will take me a while to catch up, sorry. I hope everyone will look after themselves in the meantime.
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,970 Member
    I decided to set up a blog! It might look a bit odd at first whilst I work everything out. There's only an intro post there right now, but all my Mastersons posts will end up there eventually. I do also have another save I'd like to eventually get back to, so I can include that save on the blog and have both stories in one place.
    Obviously the info on the intro post is all correct as of my last play session, but things will change in the future. I might end up creating a separate "meet the characters" post as generation 3 starts to arrive.

New blog
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    That's OK, @SnowBnuuy, take as much time as you need.

agreed.

are you still on vacation kelogg my game went crazy again so wasn't here for a bit.
  • Options
    tinyv0idcattinyv0idcat Posts: 90 Member
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    I'm only saying this because I don't want people thinking I'm ditching their stories:
    I'm going to try and take a break from being active in the forum for personal reasons. I will still be following and reading stories, but I will more likely comment directly to your blogs, so those of you who are on Wordpress- I will likely end up in your Spam folder XD I understand that I am still very behind on Sim 66. It will take me a while to catch up, sorry. I hope everyone will look after themselves in the meantime.

You gotta do what's best for you :) Take as much time as you need and look after yourself over the break.
    MnLhKCU.jpg
  • Options
    I've not mentioned them on here yet (I don't think), but I have another save that I'm meaning to get back to in the future. It's actually an older save than the Mastersons! I'll give them their own thread once I have my PC and am actively playing again. I created a fairly long intro post on my blog about them. The working title is "Sulani Save" but I'll change it in the future. I'm not much good at coming up with titles for my stories!

Sulani Save Intro
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member

agreed.

are you still on vacation kelogg my game went crazy again so wasn't here for a bit.

No, I'm back home now but the week's been very busy.

• Options

agreed.

No, I'm back home now but the week's been very busy.

well at least you got some rest first. :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    what's the best PC magzine to check for better computer for me?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Just popped back here to check everyone was okay, I feel a bit better than I did last week so I should hopefully be back to being active and building by the end of the week. I’m just glad this yuck-brain period is looking to be shorter than expected.

@MadameLee Not sure if these are available in your country, but in the UK there is: Custom PC, Computer Shopper, PC Pro, PC Gamer might be worth a look too.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Just popped back here to check everyone was okay, I feel a bit better than I did last week so I should hopefully be back to being active and building by the end of the week. I’m just glad this yuck-brain period is looking to be shorter than expected.

@MadameLee Not sure if these are available in your country, but in the UK there is: Custom PC, Computer Shopper, PC Pro, PC Gamer might be worth a look too.

That's good to hear :) I always love seeing your builds. I can't do much at the moment myself because my game is stuck updating (internet is SO SLOW) but hopefully I'll be able to get on soon. I got screenshots to take!
  • Options
    @tinyv0idcat @friendsfan367 @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Thank you all for your support, it's really appreciated < 3 Sorry I announced a break and came back after like...three days, I wasn't sure how long I'd be away for, but things have turned around quicker than I thought and I feel less mentally yucky and actually able to talk to people again XD

@BlackUndecimber As cheesy as this sounds your constant support always means the world to me and I want you to know that < 3 I look through my comments on my stories etc. when I'm down and your comment on Untamed
    'I don't think Morgyn has ever been more likable to me than in this story. It's their sincerity that does it. In no other work have they been this sincere. It's quite a refreshing take!'
    still makes my day every time I read it. It means a lot when people like my portrayal of the premades.

So I'm considering re-doing my notes for my 'shelved' story project I was talking about, simplifying it a bit and I'll see if I can get a first chapter up ASAP. I'll probably post it here before I make a thread for it.

they/them or she/her
  • Options
    @tinyv0idcat @friendsfan367 @Kellogg_J_Kellogg Thank you all for your support, it's really appreciated < 3 Sorry I announced a break and came back after like...three days, I wasn't sure how long I'd be away for, but things have turned around quicker than I thought and I feel less mentally yucky and actually able to talk to people again XD

@BlackUndecimber As cheesy as this sounds your constant support always means the world to me and I want you to know that < 3 I look through my comments on my stories etc. when I'm down and your comment on Untamed
    'I don't think Morgyn has ever been more likable to me than in this story. It's their sincerity that does it. In no other work have they been this sincere. It's quite a refreshing take!'
    still makes my day every time I read it. It means a lot when people like my portrayal of the premades.

So I'm considering re-doing my notes for my 'shelved' story project I was talking about, simplifying it a bit and I'll see if I can get a first chapter up ASAP. I'll probably post it here before I make a thread for it.

i get it. after 11 months being at work again is like being on pluto still readjusting/
  • Options
    tinyv0idcattinyv0idcat Posts: 90 Member

Nah I totally get it. A very relatable feeling! I'm glad you're feeling better!
    MnLhKCU.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I made a currently reading page for my blog to showcase some of the stories I'm reading and why I love them < 3

Also, a possible first chapter for a new project of mine.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Here's a "trip down memory lane" blog post about the Masterson family, which goes up to Erytheia and Xanthe becoming children and finding out about their magical heritage. There'll be more parts in future, not sure how many though.

The Story So Far, Part One

It also includes a little bit of background on where the names come from. Xanthe isn't taken from Greek mythology, but it's still a Greek name in origin and so fits with the general theme.
  • Options
    Sounds pretty interesting so far @SnowBnuuy !
    I don’t have Strangerville but I know a bit about it, from looking it up to decide if I did want to get it or not.
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley Thank you < 3 Once I know I have a rough idea of the whole thing I’ll do a story thread.

they/them or she/her
  • Options
    I made a cheap Strangerville house out of boredom which you can Download here. Pictures under the Spoiler tag for neatness:
    K8IRt8g.png
    ob5aK0f.png
    7m9Azja.png
    Ep2zYNM.png
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    i was playing the benders the last 2 days. noel had a date today not a expert but i think its a bad date when the sim your with whoos with another sim during the date.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 That's brilliant XD What a way to get turned down on a date.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    i was playing the benders the last 2 days. noel had a date today not a expert but i think its a bad date when the sim your with whoos with another sim during the date.

Yeah, I can see why that'd be a deal breaker :p
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options

i just got britbox. but onlly recenty so not quite sure what brillant means. in english lol you know what i mean old english. but yeah i was shocked it was moraki his sometimes girlfriend and she had asked him on the date lol
  • Options

i also feel so bad for noel since divorcing lauren she hates him then he goes out with his sometimes girlfriend and she cheats right in the middle of the date,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top