Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited June 2021
    new chapter
    BH3jRu3.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    It's my b-day today!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    It's my b-day today!

happy birthday. i worked today so just seeing this now.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    It's my b-day today!

happy birthday. i worked today so just seeing this now.

I just posted that a few sceconds ago
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DeiraShadeweaverDeiraShadeweaver Posts: 647 Member
    I updated my legacy content page again!
    https://deiraplayssims.wordpress.com/strangeness-and-charm/

There are somehow a lot of chapters, which can be intimidating for a new reader, but some of them are short and not much happens in some chapters. I love comments! I also don't really play ahead, so you can influence some decisions through your comments.

• Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    I saved my old BaD-inspired blog theme and changed my theme to a Realm of Magic inspired one. (Apparently my RoM hype still isn't dead yet XD)

I'm also thinking of shelving my Strangerville story idea (again) and I'm gathering ideas for a possible sequel to Untamed, as BlackU suggested ages ago- but at the moment they're all just jumbled ideas which don't make much of a story (arguably describes everything I've ever written). I don't know when I will actually get back to writing again, but hopefully I can eventually figure something out. Creative Corner is pretty quiet on the writing front anyway so better to start writing when things pick up again. I've started setting up a save for it anyway.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    You say it's quiet on the writing front but then there's....THIS!

Jolene makes a decision about her future, Travis and Summer make a decision and Liberty wants to step things up with Gary. It's peace and love in Chapter 110: Relationships Change

https://kelloggjkellogg.blogspot.com/2021/06/chapter-110-relationships-change.html

Rz6acEs.png
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member
    I’m unsure about whether to get Eco Lifestyle. I wasn’t sure about it at first, but recently it’s been growing on me. It would fit quite well with my Sulani save; two of the Sims in that have the “Child of the Islands” trait and cleaning up Sulani is a way of taking part in island culture. I know you can toggle things on and off such as the eco footprint and whether your neighbours can vote for NAPs. If I get it, I’d probably start a new save just to get used to the features before going to play my main saves.

Also… I like telling my story in the first person, but just using one Sim would be rather limited. On the other hand, too many points of view would get confusing. Perhaps, once generation 3 are children, I could stick to one parent and one child per family, maybe focusing more on the kids than the adults.
  • Options
    And I love your stuff @SnowBnuuy ! All your stuff has a definite story to it. My stuff is more a family saga than something with a defined plot.
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley Thank you < 3 and that's good though ^u^ I like those kinds of stories where you just follow the family through their lives and such. That was my plan with the Attwoods when I continued from the CEA and planned to tell their legacy story, where it'd just be a slice of life type thing about their lives- but I played too far ahead and ended up ditching the story aspect. I didn't get the Legacy Player achievement until 13 generations though X_X The family tree is a mess.

As to your other post, I bought Eco Lifestyle and haven't touched much to do with the pack since. I was going to look for a good challenge using the pack but I haven't found one yet. I think definitely get it if you can use it in your own stories or saves, it'd go well with the conservation aspect of Sulani- but I have yet to find a good use for any of it. That's mainly due to my current magic hype which hasn't died yet. XD Admittedly I'm not completely keen on the CAS items that come with Eco Lifestyle though.

I don't think too many points of view would get too confusing, so long as you label who's talking when it changes. I don't write third-person anymore because first is a lot more personal for me, and I get more into the storytelling. Also, you can play with unreliable narrators and such. Could always do a post or chapter per POV otherwise.

I got bored and made a really quick messy cartoon doodle of TSAHF's version of Morgyn... Might have to do my other main characters in the same style : P
    rr2Nk6d.png
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Thanks @SnowBnuuy , I would definitely label the posts to say who’s narrating what.

I think I probably will get Eco Lifestyle. Origin has a sale on right now and it’s 50% off until the 24th. It’d probably fit better with my Sulani save than the Mastersons one, but they could still do some eco stuff and the fabrication skill seems like a fun creative hobby.

Awesome doodle! Morgyn looks so fancy in that outfit. like doodling and drawing too, but I’d find it difficult to do one of my own Sims.
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley I only ever buy Expansion Packs when they’re on sale anyway TBH. Might make an exception for Cottage Living, but we’ll see. I want to tell you to just buy everything that’s on sale, but I don’t want to pass my lack of self control onto you : p

And thank you < 3 I can’t draw humans very well so I tried out a more cartoonish style. I’d love to draw some more detailed pics of my own Sims sometime though, or I might do some more in this silly little style sometime.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    @Lucy_Henley I only ever buy Expansion Packs when they’re on sale anyway TBH. Might make an exception for Cottage Living, but we’ll see.....

I already pre-purchased my copy...lol! I'm a sucker. But when I saw the trailer, I did the grabby hands and the...

5053115.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 Precisely how I feel right now XD I am tempted to just buy it straight away. I need my bnuuys XD
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    @LegacySims2017 Precisely how I feel right now XD I am tempted to just buy it straight away. I need my bnuuys XD

ironically your bunny avi seems to have this sad disappointed face thing going on. oh i love it i just had no reason to mention it before.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Haha I’m glad you like it. Perpetually confused and disappointed is pretty much me all over : p
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Haha I’m glad you like it. Perpetually confused and disappointed is pretty much me all over : p

my line here is i'm confused again. which is made funnier cause i'm a cohost here. but now that covid let up 3 days a week i get here ate.
  • Options
    Yeah, I’ve bought most of the packs on sale I think. I also might make an exception for Cottage Living. I’ve not preordered a pack before!
  • Options
    Yeah, I’ve bought most of the packs on sale I think. I also might make an exception for Cottage Living. I’ve not preordered a pack before!

It saves me the trouble of remembering. And then when it goes live and I log into Origin, I get the fun surprise that it's installing. :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options
    @Lucy_Henley I only ever buy Expansion Packs when they’re on sale anyway TBH. Might make an exception for Cottage Living, but we’ll see.....

I already pre-purchased my copy...lol! I'm a sucker. But when I saw the trailer, I did the grabby hands and the...

5053115.jpg

me too. but mine isn't showing up as purchased.
  • Options

It should when it's fully released. Does it allow you to purchase again? Obviously don't, just wondering if it says something like you pre-purchased it. I never looked to see. Will have to next time I log into Origin.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Options

It should when it's fully released. Does it allow you to purchase again? Obviously don't, just wondering if it says something like you pre-purchased it. I never looked to see. Will have to next time I log into Origin.

it say preorder now. got it memorized
  • Options
    Kellogg_J_KelloggKellogg_J_Kellogg Posts: 1,552 Member
    I'm stalled with expansion packs at the moment...my laptop is straining in terms of hard drive space. I do have an external drive I can plug in but I've heard it slows down gameplay if I run Sims 4 off of that. I'll probably be expanding to a large PC in the near future so I might do that.

My next few packs I want are Discover University so I can do some college based stuff for the story and Eco Lifestyle could be interesting because with that and Tiny Living I can go into the whole sixties Hippy sub-culture. Bottom of the list are Realm of Magic and Vampires...I don't want to go down that route with the story. Well, not yet anyway.
  • Options
    @Kellogg_J_Kellogg
    now I’m just imagining if you did end up with the supernatural packs like...League of Decency would probably end up expanding to the League Against Spellcasters or League Against Vampires XD

Most recent pack I bought was Laundry Day on sale. The build/buy stuff is pretty nice but IDK if I’ll ever actually clean anyone’s clothes with the pack XD
    they/them or she/her

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top