Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    AkikoAkiko Posts: 3 New Member
    @puzzlezaddict Thank you for responding and the detailed instructions! Really appreciate it!

Regarding the Sims Wiki, I got it from this link here (http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game). The quote above was a warning tag under Dual graphics and the wiki was modified last 2014 so I was unsure if it still applies today.

I decided to follow your instructions instead and latest deviceconfig.log is now showing [Found: 1, Matched: 1] with texture memory as 1024. The GPU Memory under Rating info is showing 4 though, is that okay or does it need to be the same as the GPU?

I read from other threads to 'Get Nvidia Inspector and turn on the FPS limiter for TS3.' My screen refresh rate in the Sims 3 settings is set to default and I'm planning to download MSI Afterburner to monitor temps and FPS during gameplay, do I need to download Nvidia Inspector to limit FPS or turning on the vsync under the Nvidia Control Panel already does that? Sorry for the noob question, I just started to learn all these terms and it still confuses me. :#
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Hi, everyone.

This afternoon, I bought the Aurora Heights world from the Sims Store. It wasn't available on Origin, so I had to buy it from the Store on EA.

Aurora Heights shows up on my Purchase History page, but when I try to download it, I can't. I've tried using all three browsers I have: Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. Nothing seems to work.

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @Akiko Sims 3 rates GPU memory on a scale of 1 to 4, so that's fine.

Sims 3's fps limiter doesn't work, but there are two other ways to limit fps in-game. One is to enable vertical sync, a feature that limits framerates by virtue of syncing the graphics card's output to the monitor's refresh rate. If you're willing to play in fullscreen mode, this is the preferred method because it also helps prevent screen tearing and other graphics glitches.

However, the Nvidia Control Panel v-sync setting, found under Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings > TS3.exe (Origin) or TS3W.exe (disc or Steam), doesn't always work with dual-graphics laptops. Another tool you can try is this one, which forces v-sync anyway:

https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/84-d3doverrider/?changelog=32

If you don't want to use that tool, or don't want to play in fullscreen, you need to use another utility to manually cap in-game framerates. That could be Nvidia Inspector, or RivaTuner Statistics Server, or I believe Afterburner also has that feature, since RTSS is based on it. You don't need more than one of these, and Inspector isn't the best choice anymore because it's not being maintained. On the other hand, RTSS does need to be running to have any effect, and I would guess Afterburner does too; but if you're using it anyway, you wouldn't care.

By the way, the Nvidia Control Panel also has a Max Frame Rate setting, but it may not work either.

Point is, pick the option or options you like—vertical sync and an explicit fps cap are compatible—and make sure it or they are working in-game.
  • Options
    puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    @MoonlightGraham Try disabling your antivirus, if you have one.

If that doesn't help, move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, open the launcher to spawn a clean folder, then try downloading again, using Firefox.

If that doesn't work either, please let me know whether you're using the same EA/Origin account on the store site as you did to install Sims 3.
  • Options
    skc_simsskc_sims Posts: 14 New Member
    Back again with another issue! So I’ve got the red box glitch on one of my sims, a female teen named Juno. The other sims in the family are fine. I have googled this error as I have seen that people have gotten it before, but I cannot find a clear answer for a solution. This issue also causes the multi-selectable portrait issue, which only happens after I select Juno, messing up everything basically. And now the red box has a full disliked bar and when I hover over it is says “acquaintance - unknown visitor on lot” I can only send a love letter on it.

Things I’ve tried:
    Resetting the town with master controller, saving as a new game, quitting then coming back. Hasn’t worked, done it multiple times. I’ve also reset the lot, done nothing.

Deleted both the teens imaginary friends. Now, I’ve read somewhere on here that this is a mistake since you shouldn’t delete them after they’ve become active. I’m pretty sure I quit without saving though after realising this did nothing, but now, both of the imaginary friends dolls look completely different and have reverted back to their generic default names.

Reset Juno herself multiple times: Again, done absolutely nothing.

The selectabilty issue has happened before, but it’s fixed itself after I save and quit, then when I joined the save again it was fine, until it did it again. Now though, it’s happening RIGHT as I first load up the save. It’s become a problem and it’s just making me sad as I have plans for the next generation of the family and I hope I can fix it :( I do have a backup folder as a last resort, but even then it still had the issue, just before I got as worse as it is now. This only happened with this family.

Im sorry that this is so long! I just needed to write everything I’ve done. I’m about to try one last thing, moving the family out with edit town then moving them back in. If that doesn’t work then I’d really appreciate someone’s help for a clear answer! :smile: ❤️

Mods I have: master controller (+ cheats), woohooer, overwatch, cupcake, only important memories and the toddler bowls.
  • Options
    Update: nope, makes the problem even worse. I hope there is a fix for this. Also, forgot to mention, I have a bunch of custom content. Mostly hair, but a few clothes stuff. Wish I could attach and image from my phone, as I don’t want to be more wordy. I’ve just quit now, hopefully there is a solution! 🤞🏼
  • Options
    @puzzlezaddict That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

I took the second option--dragging my Sims 3 folder to my desktop and relaunching the game again.

Your suggestion was just technical enough, and very easy to follow...I am fairly computer savvy, but I hesitate to try things that are too complex.

Now I'm off to Aurora Heights! :)
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Or, rather, Aurora Skies...
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    AkikoAkiko Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello ~ @puzzlezaddict Thank you once again for the detailed reply, I really appreciate it!

I experimented with the fps with The Sims 3 so I started with the following settings:

*NIVIDIA VSync ON
    Afterburner results: TS3s logo video - 300/200 FPS, TS3s loading screen 60 -> 90 -> 80 FPS, Game play - 60 -> 90 FPS

*NIVIDIA VSync ON
    NIVIDIA Max Frame Rate set to 60 FPS
    Afterburner results: TS3s logo video and TS3s loading screen - 60 ->59 FPS, Game play - 60 FPS then will sometimes go lower

Tried the in-game FPS cheat and they basically have the same results 59 - 60 FPS so I guess NIVIDIA settings works for me! Thank you for the advice and assurance!

Also in case anyone has the same issue as me and NIVIDIA doesn't work, I tried limiting FPS using RivaTuner that comes with MSI Afterburner and it also works.

I have a different question regarding merging package files. Based on the forums I have read so far, counters and build items should not be merged, is that true? I have read conflicting info across forums from here to MTS, blog posts etc and some also stated that ATS CC are better merged together as well as with Cyclonesues CCs? Any veteran simmers here can offer advice? Thank you! :)
  • Options
    > @skc_sims said:
    > Back again with another issue! So I’ve got the red box glitch on one of my sims, a female teen named Juno. The other sims in the family are fine. I have googled this error as I have seen that people have gotten it before, but I cannot find a clear answer for a solution. This issue also causes the multi-selectable portrait issue, which only happens after I select Juno, messing up everything basically. And now the red box has a full disliked bar and when I hover over it is says “acquaintance - unknown visitor on lot” I can only send a love letter on it.
    >
    > Things I’ve tried:
    > Resetting the town with master controller, saving as a new game, quitting then coming back. Hasn’t worked, done it multiple times. I’ve also reset the lot, done nothing.
    >
    > Deleted both the teens imaginary friends. Now, I’ve read somewhere on here that this is a mistake since you shouldn’t delete them after they’ve become active. I’m pretty sure I quit without saving though after realising this did nothing, but now, both of the imaginary friends dolls look completely different and have reverted back to their generic default names.
    >
    > Reset Juno herself multiple times: Again, done absolutely nothing.
    >
    > The selectabilty issue has happened before, but it’s fixed itself after I save and quit, then when I joined the save again it was fine, until it did it again. Now though, it’s happening RIGHT as I first load up the save. It’s become a problem and it’s just making me sad as I have plans for the next generation of the family and I hope I can fix it :( I do have a backup folder as a last resort, but even then it still had the issue, just before I got as worse as it is now. This only happened with this family.
    >
    > I'm sorry that this is so long! I just needed to write everything I’ve done. I’m about to try one last thing, moving the family out with edit town then moving them back in. If that doesn’t work then I’d really appreciate someone’s help for a clear answer! :smile: ❤️
    >
    > Mods I have: master controller (+ cheats), woohooer, overwatch, cupcake, only important memories and the toddler bowls.

Hi again everyone! Just wondering if anyone can still help find a possible solution to this? I haven't been on the game since the 12th as I don't want to break anything else, but I'm puzzled as I cannot think of what else I could possibly do to fix this family. The other family I have is completely fine. The edit town solution didn't work, so I'm officially stuck and it's making me sad as I have plans for the next generation of this family. Thank you in advance ❤️
  • Options
    SirenRyanSimsSirenRyanSims Posts: 7 New Member
    I'm getting ready to give up on playing the Sims 3 again. I have a super nice, new computer with top specs for this year. I limited my FPS in Nvidia and turned on the V sync etc. as reccomended. I turned off Online notifications and Shop Mode in game. I played in windowed mode. I can start the game, load into a world, and spend as much time in CAS as I want. The issue arises as soon as I enter Buy mode and start going through the catalogue. Usually about 1-2 minutes in to Buy mode, the entire game freezes and my Task Manager says the Sims 3 has "stopped responding". It's driving me insane. I even downloaded the game on my laptop and tried and it did the exact same thing. No clue what I am doing wrong. :(
  • Options
    Another update: Even my backup "The Sims 3" folder that I copied before the issue got severe has somehow now got the same issues as the regular folder! So now I'm truly stuck and that family is broken. I haven't played since the 12th and it's making me really sad, I wanna get back to it but I don't want to make progress on the other family that I have (which is fine btw) without fixing the other. Please, if anyone has any solutions I'd love to try them. I miss playing :(
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2021
    @skc_sims - If the current issue is being triggered by the red box error on the relationship panel, the NRaas mod specifically designed to help prevent that is the RelationshipPanel mod. It's one of our mods that has no settings or options, just place it in your Mods\Packages folder along with the others. Not sure if it is "too late" for the game save(s) that already have this problem as fortunately I have never had to contend with it, but it's certainly worth a try.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > @skc_sims - If the current issue is being triggered by the red box error on the relationship panel, the NRaas mod specifically designed to help prevent that is the RelationshipPanel mod. It's one of our mods that has no settings or options, just place it in your Mods\Packages folder along with the others. Not sure if it is "too late" for the game save(s) that already have this problem as fortunately I have never had to contend with it, but it's certainly
    worth a try.

@igazor - yeah i've heard that mod being thrown around, but i've read it's usually better being put in before, i think. but you're right, it is certainly worth a try! i hope it fixes the multi-selectable portrait issue too, i feel like the red box thing might've caused it. i'll try tomorrow as it's almost midnight :)
  • Options
    FayeyaFayeya Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a very annoying problem going on in my sims 3 game. I've been looking for 2 days for a solution. I've did every solution I could find and nothing. My game looks soooo dark. Like, sometimes I can't even see! Please, someone help. I've checked if compatibility mode is on (it's not), I've got the game to recognize my graphics card (Found:1 Matched:1). I've updated all my drivers using the app Driver Easy, I've re-installed the game, I've did windowed mode, and more! Nothing works! Please someone help.
  • Options
    FayeyaFayeya Posts: 2 New Member
    anyone??? @igazor @puzzlezaddict
  • Options
    @Fayeya - Let's consider some obvious things first (sorry if too obvious). Is this a laptop or a desktop? If a laptop, are you running on battery, which is never a good idea for gameplay, or plugged in for power? And, either way, does your power profile as set by the OS (Windows, I'm assuming) favor performance or energy savings?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    NidhiB777NidhiB777 Posts: 21 Member
    Hey everyone!
    I've been playing the Sims 3 for a while, but when the Sims 4 came out I never really switched to it so I still play TS3. I've seen Sims 4 Stopmotion buildvideos and I want to replicate them in the Sims 3. The Free Camera Mod for Build mode by TwistedMexi is for the Sims 4 (found here at https://www.patreon.com/posts/buildcam-freecam-20523425) but there is no Sims 3 equivalent of this mod. The closest one is Aikea's Free Camera mod - but it only works in Live Mode.
    In short, I just want a free camera mod which I can tab into while in Edit Town's Build/Buy mode (i.e. without having to move in a Sim).
    Is there a mod already which does that? If not, can someone make that mod? Thanks!
  • Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    Hi, I am hoping I havent messed up my game. I changed some settings so I didnt have so many pudding faces moving into my town. I still have some but have a few unique ones as well, so I am ok with that. But since a pregnant sim I had got caught in the infinite baby loop, she had got to over twenty when I decided to quit (I was running out of names). I went back into my game and managed to stop the loop at 4 but then my other pregnant sim also got stuck in the baby loop, she now has 17 babies. I have had sims caught in the infinite baby loop before but not twice in a row. I am going to download the Nraas mod we cant mention but is it too late for this town. I dont mind keeping the babies as she has an extended family in the town to help out.
  • Options
    @NidhiB777 - You may want to check with the TS3 Where Can I Find board at ModTheSims (MTS). They are very responsive and helpful over there, so if there is a camera mod that does what you require then they would be the ones to know about it. Just be careful not to phrase your request as one for someone to make a mod that doesn't yet exist, as they don't allow requests on that board.

@Jano - Support for NRaas mods is best provided at NRaas. But in this case the best answer we would be able to provide is try it out and see as you don't have much to lose. Personally I would revert to a prior save from before the unexpected infinite birth loops and try to play from there, if such a save exists.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @NidhiB777 - You may want to check with the TS3 Where Can I Find board at ModTheSims (MTS). They are very responsive and helpful over there, so if there is a camera mod that does what you require then they would be the ones to know about it. Just be careful not to phrase your request as one for someone to make a mod that doesn't yet exist, as they don't allow requests on that board.

@Jano - Support for NRaas mods is best provided at NRaas. But in this case the best answer we would be able to provide is try it out and see as you don't have much to lose. Personally I would revert to a prior save from before the unexpected infinite birth loops and try to play from there, if such a save exists.

Thanks for the advice. I luckily had an earlier save so will see what happens.
  • Options
    ChillGarboChillGarbo Posts: 27 Member
    hi
    i have some issues with sims3 and downloading simsstore content.
    I have tried re-install, update / rep. and drag the sims3 folder out on the desktop and nothing has helped. i have this problem after i have had to re-install windows as i had some issues that sims 4 would not boot up. is there anyone who can help a little here?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
  • Options
    NidhiB777NidhiB777 Posts: 21 Member
    > @igazor said:
    > @NidhiB777 - You may want to check with the TS3 Where Can I Find board at ModTheSims (MTS). They are very responsive and helpful over there, so if there is a camera mod that does what you require then they would be the ones to know about it. Just be careful not to phrase your request as one for someone to make a mod that doesn't yet exist, as they don't allow requests on that board.

um okay will check it out, thanks!
  • Options
    MerukaiYTMerukaiYT Posts: 2 New Member
    when my sims have a field trip (child and teen) it says they are skipping school while on the field trip, how do i fix this.
  • Options
    ChrisCrunch21ChrisCrunch21 Posts: 4 New Member
    HI, I have been trying to search Google all day to solve this issue. I am making a music video of my sim couple and I want them to dance in silhouette. I've made a set that is completely dark but my sims don't darken with the ambience. Does anybody know what the problem is and a way to solve it. I would post a picture but I don't think I can :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top