Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    NidhiB777NidhiB777 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi, New Member but been playing The Sims 3 for 3 years-ish. I like building in TS3, until February 2021 I had no issues with my base game, Late Night EP and High End Loft Stuff Pack. Note that I would only use the EP or the SP with the base game, not all three at once.
    I've gotten all other packs except for Showtime and Island Paradise sometime in February, when this issue popped up. Basically, when I load my town, Sunset Valley, go to Edit Town, edit an empty residential lot, after building my house I cannot go back to Edit Town. I tried to enter Edit Town after switching off cfe, tce, moveobjects, buydebug. I tried building a house without any cheats Nothing works. The problem seems to be with doors and windows... If I build a complex house with cheats, as long as it has no door or window, it loads into Edit Town quite quickly. The moment a door is added to even a lot with one wall and nothing else, the game goes into a Loading... cycle. This happened irrespective of whether I used any EP, High End Loft SP or just base game.
    I've tried running it without any CC/Mods. I've renamed the Sims 3 folder in Docs and gotten the game to generate a new folder. No change. Now I'm uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. I will update on whether the issue got solved. I've looked in every forum post, but the only solution is to run without Mods/CC and identify corrup CC, or install ErrorTrap and Overwatch (which I already had installed).
  • Options
    Bornl0serBornl0ser Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, new member here but have been playing sims 3 for quite some time, I'd love to maybe get some help with an issue I have popping up. I have the usual list of mods most of everyone runs, mostly Nraas mods for performance, half walls fix and children can mods. Everything has been going fine without a hitch but if I start a new game save there's nobody in my worlds, no households to play as, nothing.......like my sim is literally the only one in the world.
    I've tried a clean install with no effect and the only thing that seems to work is getting rid of all of my mods to start up the save, then adding them back in afterwards. I've tried trimming the mod list to bare essentials and still no cigar. If there is a literally any mod installed when I start that fresh save it's a ghost town. Does anyone have any experience with this or maybe there's a mod setting going screwy? It's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 odd and as said previously, a recent problem.
    If push comes to shove and I have to just load up the save without mods and then add them in afterwards I can though I'd love it if I could skip that hassle and get to the bottom of it. Thanks for any help you might be able to give.
  • Options
    katerinalda4katerinalda4 Posts: 15 Member
    hello, I am trying to download sims 3 and the expansion packs from origin. When I click download a list appears with all the expansion i own and a tick next to them, but there is no download button on this window. How can I download them?
  • Options
    EnrikaEnrika Posts: 1 New Member
    Can anyone help me with the graphics card issues? I have changed some of the sgr files and I have now got Found:1 Macthed:0. How do I get the matched? I feel like I'm typing something wrong in GraphicsRules but im not sure.
    === Graphics device info ===
    Number: 0
    Name (driver): AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics
    Name (database): AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics [Found: 1, Matched: 0]
    Vendor: ATI
    Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 98e4, Board: 11921025, Chipset: 00ca
    Driver: aticfx32.dll, Version: 27.20.14501.18003, GUID: D7B71EE2-DBA4-11CF-C635-370971C2D635
    Driver version: 18003
    Monitor: \\.\DISPLAY1
    Texture memory: 2048MB

How do I write in my card into the GraphicsRules bit?
    Can anyone help??
    I know my graphics isn't the best but id rather the game work with my graphics card rather than nothing and run really poo..

Thank you with peace and love
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @Enrika - There honestly isn't going to be any benefit to granting that card formal recognition. Unrecognized doesn't mean the game doesn't see it and use it, that would be undetected (and then we would be having a different conversation). Formally recognized cards provide what can be a more meaningful set of default options, it doesn't make them work any better. And your card is actually an integrated graphics chip, which means that it passes the work it is meant to do onto the processor and RAM anyway. It is not capable of carrying its own load.

I can send you instructions to finish the formal recognition procedure by PM if you insist so that it says Found 1 and Matched 1 on the DeviceConfig.log, but that's about all it it will do, the game won't be expected to play any differently.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    Hi all,

So my PC is on the lower end, and although I want to play sims 3 desperately (i have all xpacs and it was my first sims game, so nostalgia on top of that), I can't get it to run tolerably. The amount of lag and glitchiness I've been experiencing makes playing it exhausting.

I guess I have a couple of questions -
    1. To what degree does CC affect the speed/lag of the game? I have a decent amount of CAS and build/buy CC, as well as the NRAAS mods (except story progression). Long loading screens don't bother me, it's just the actual performance of the game after it loads that I'm concerned with.

2. Dumb question, but if the 4 gigabyte patch is applied will it affect the name of the game accordingly, i.e. in task manager. I tried to apply the 4 gig patch to Sims 3 while patching TS2, but I believe I got a message along the lines of the game already being 4 gig capable. I did a bit of research, and apparently origin copies of TS3 are automatically updated? But my Sims 3 is still listed as a 32 bit program? Sorry if this point is confusing, I'm not super computer-savvy and this all happened a while back.

3. I've also had the empty towns glitch - I fixed it by saving each town empty with all premades in a CC-free game, then putting the CC in. Is there a specific kind of custom content that causes this glitch? I blamed default replacement skins, but I honestly don't have a clue.

4. What graphics settings affect performance the most? I have Sim detail maxed and everything else low-medium.

Sorry for the long post and string of questions, I put TS3 on my friend's computer + 3 xpacs and I'm very jealous of how well it runs lol
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @Logicallyironic -
    1 - Properly made CC does not generally affect game performance unless we are talking about very high polycount hair and overly fussy/ornate objects that use up more resources than they should to render each time. "Bad CC" is different and in that case all bets would be off. Mods have the capacity to impact game performance, positively or negatively. Perhaps this page helps.
    http://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

It might also help if we could get the specs on this computer so we can see what kind of hardware you are actually dealing with -- processor, RAM, graphics card, drive space. All EPs may be too large an order for it to fill, the heavy hitting ones especially (in order from the heaviest, Pets, Seasons, IP, ITF).

2 - If a 32-bit application is not Large Address Aware (LAA), then it can address/use no more than 2 GB of RAM. If a 32-bit application is LAA, then it can address/use no more than 4 GB of RAM. When TS3 was first released in 2009, it was not LAA. It became so with Patch 1.17, released alongside of Late Night in 2010, and you get that benefit from an Origin controlled installation. The 4 GB patch would be redundant on it.

It's still a 32-bit application, though. The next step up would be a 64-bit application which would (essentially) remove the RAM limit, actually there is still a theoretical limit that current hardware and operating systems cannot reach because it is so high. But EA never made a 64-bit version of TS3 for Windows.

3 - Not familiar with this glitch, sorry.

4 - Water/Reflections are generally considered best on Medium and below. High Detail Lots no higher than 2. But on less than spiffy hardware, your mileage with the other settings will vary. Again, it would help if we could see the specs.

5 - Sounds like a friend worth keeping. :)
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Tertsu93Tertsu93 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! I didn't find for my problem topic/conversation, so... last time, few days ago I played sims 3, so my another sim got stuck to a place and don't move at all and now today again I play and nothing happened problem haven't gone away... and don't know what to so 😔 I'm afraid that my sim which got stuck dies or don't know 🤔 so I appreciate for all help and thanks in advance 🤗
  • Options
    [quote="Tertsu93;c-17839183"]Hi! I didn't find for my problem topic/conversation, so... last time, few days ago I played sims 3, so my another sim got stuck to a place and don't move at all and now today again I play and nothing happened problem haven't gone away... and don't know what to so 😔 I'm afraid that my sim which got stuck dies or don't know 🤔 so I appreciate for all help and thanks in advance 🤗[/quote]

*Fixing, to do not to so 😅🙂
  • Options
    @Tertsu93 - While in-game, hold down ctrl+shift+C to bring up the cheats console. Type in resetsim (first name) (last name) (enter). So if the stuck sim's name is Freddy Simson, then type resetsim Freddy Simson (enter).

That should unstick the sim and send them to a safe place on their home lot.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    [quote="igazor;c-17839186"]@Tertsu93 - While in-game, hold down ctrl+shift+C to bring up the cheats console. Type in resetsim (first name) (last name) (enter). So if the stuck sim's name is Freddy Simson, then type resetsim Freddy Simson (enter).

That should unstick the sim and send them to a safe place on their home lot.[/quote]

Thank you so much 🙂
  • Options
    @igazor Thanks for your feedback!

I usually play with Pets, generations, seasons, and ambitions at all times. The rest I only enable to use the features (University and World Adventures mostly). I disable horses unless I'm playing Appaloosa PLains, and even then I find them problematic.

My CC seems to be fine? I just deleted all non-CAS CC so now my Mods folder is 1G. How can I tell if CC is bad CC? Also, can I use the Compressorizor to compress my CC (non-mods) like with Sims 2 CC?

My computer is an HP pavilion 510-a010. It has 8 GB RAM, and my computer says that ~6.7 is still available. AMD Radeon R5 built-in. (Not sure which other specs are relevant).
  • Options
    @Logicallyironic - If I'm pulling up the correct model specs from HP, it looks to me like you are right on the edge of what most of us would call playability with the Pets EP in play, and this may also be the case for Seasons. We've always quoted 2.4 GHz as the minimum processor speed required for suitable gameplay with these EPs -- how many pets you have and what kind don't matter as much here although things like that can take their own toll after a while, we're talking about the EP itself. Your processor just misses that mark at 2.2 GHz.

Not having a dedicated graphics card, and one of suitable strength, is just making things worse as that puts more pressure on RAM and the processor, which eventually will not be able to keep up with what the game is demanding.

You can most certainly play and have fun with TS3 on that system, as you have already seen. But I really think it's Pets and possibly Seasons that are throwing things off the edge there. Can you try some test games without both of those EPs in play (your ability to do so easily will depend on your install type) for comparisons' sake? There probably isn't much point in upgrading that HP given what must be its current age, but might there be a stronger system on which to play somewhere in the not too distant future?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor

Thanks for your help! I'll probably have to upgrade my computer in the near future anyway, but for now I'll try playing without Pets.
  • Options
    radcradc Posts: 3 New Member
    PLEASE HELP!! EA SUPPORT COULDN'T HELP. ANY PROFESSIONALS OUT THERE THAT CAN FIX THIS ISSUE? PLEASE READ TRANSCRIPT DISCUSSION FOR DETAILS ON THE ISSUE. THANK YOU KINDLY!

Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:42:52 PM): Thank you for contacting EA HELP, my
    name is Kapil, may I start with your first name please?
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:43:01 PM): Rachael
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:43:37 PM): Hello, Rachael nice to meet you. Hope
    you are doing well today.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:44:38 PM): Hi , im having an issue running the sims
    3. I installed all my old Sims 3 packs through origin and every time i
    try to run it, theres a error
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:45:01 PM): Can you please share the error you are
    getting?
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:45:12 PM): is there a way to share my screen
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:46:07 PM): I just requested a file from you.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:46:24 PM): where
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:46:53 PM): So i have two issues, 1. When i click to
    play the sims 3 it says "Download i. progress" but the game is already
    downloaded and it shows no percentage
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:47:26 PM): Need not to worry. I'll surely check
    and do my best to get this sorted for you.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:47:36 PM): then it says "play now" and when i click
    it it says "unknown ero=ror has occured"
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:47:37 PM): May I know your email address and your
    EA Origin name?
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:47:48 PM): [edit: email address removed]
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:47:59 PM): radc20
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:49:15 PM): Thank you
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:49:33 PM): Thank you
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:49:33 PM): please see scfreenshot for what i see
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:50:08 PM): Are you facing issues with only Sims 3
    or with every expansions?
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:50:40 PM): Sims 3 plus sims 3 expansion packs. their
    all installed and it still wont let me load it
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:51:46 PM): Alright
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:52:03 PM): how do i send you another screenshot. i
    dont see the option
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:52:21 PM): I would suggest you some
    troubleshooting to fix this issue, please go through below steps and
    perform accordingly.
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:52:39 PM): Try re-installing Origin:
    Close the Origin client.
    Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the
    Start menu).
    Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
    Click on Origin and uninstall.
    Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:53:09 PM): i already reset origin
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:53:58 PM): I would suggest you to please try
    again, while I am with you.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:54:05 PM): okay one moment
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:54:32 PM): Sure
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:55:09 PM): i dont have a control panel option on my
    laptop
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:55:56 PM): Try re-installing Origin:
    Close the Origin client.
    Open up Finder.
    Go to the Applications folder.
    Drag Origin to the Trash, or right-click and select “Move to Trash.”
    Right-click on Trash and select Empty Trash.
    Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:56:18 PM): okay
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:57:13 PM): Once you complete it, please let me
    know.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:57:19 PM): okay one moment
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:57:24 PM): As hopefully it will help you play the
    game
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:57:26 PM): Sure
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:58:09 PM): do you have the link to install origin
    Rae (3/21/2021, 2:59:18 PM): ?
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 2:59:41 PM): Yeah
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:00:00 PM): Please use this link :-
    https://www.origin.com/ind/en-us/store/download
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:00:05 PM): thanks
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:00:59 PM): Cool
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:01:40 PM): okay im waiting for my sism 4 games to
    finish "verifying game files" and then im waiting to see what the sims
    3 does
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:02:24 PM): Sure
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:02:30 PM): Take your time.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:03:16 PM): okay im back to where it gives me the
    option to hit play for the sims 3
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:03:25 PM): do i attempt
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:03:27 PM): ?
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:03:35 PM): Yeah, please try.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:03:55 PM): okay, it case it works please dont end
    chat, ill close the app and come right back
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:04:11 PM): Sure
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:04:16 PM): I am here to help you.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:04:20 PM): is there a way i can send you another
    screenshot
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:05:20 PM): this keeps popping up
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:05:33 PM): but it wont actually let me play
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:06:36 PM): It seems you have some corrupted files
    of Sims 3 which is restricting you to play ahead.
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:06:44 PM): Please press play now.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:07:03 PM): i did and thats when that "unknown error"
    pops up
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:07:11 PM): how do i fix this
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:07:56 PM): Try launching from the .dmg file:

Close the Origin client and any other non-essential applications.
    Click on Go in the Finder menu at the top of your screen.
    Select Computer.
    Go to Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Origin >
    DownloadCache.
    Find the folder for the game you are trying to install, and look for a
    file ending in the .dmg file extension.
    Open the .dmg file. It should launch to your desktop like a disc.
    If you get an error, or if you can’t find the .dmg file, your game
    download didn’t work.
    Clear the DownloadCache folder by dragging the files to your Trash.
    Then restart the Origin client and start your download again.
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:08:06 PM): Please perform the above mentioned
    Steps.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:08:32 PM): okay one moment
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:09:03 PM): Cool
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:11:15 PM): i dont see .dmg so then i should delete
    all my sims 3 games in the trash and go back into origin to install
    again?
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:11:48 PM): Yes, that might be the option you
    should get.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:12:06 PM): okay one momenyt
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:12:45 PM): Sure
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:13:22 PM): okay im about to try downloanding the
    sims 3 base game now
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:13:31 PM): Cool
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:14:58 PM): are you fine with waiting while this game
    installs? theres about 3 mins left haha
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:15:23 PM): I am with you, till you are able to
    launch the game.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:15:36 PM): Thank you Standard smile
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:18:51 PM): okay the sims 3 base game finished
    downloading but im about to actually start the sims 3 installer
    process now
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:19:09 PM): Sure
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:22:08 PM): okay now that the sims 3 is installed. im
    am going to next install the expansion packs before launching
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:22:25 PM): Alright
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:26:10 PM): okay i just tried downloading the sims 3
    ambitions and then when it finished there was a button to "finalize"
    but it wont actually finalize
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:27:10 PM): Did you now try launching Sims 3
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:27:12 PM): Base game
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:27:29 PM): no i haven't i was trying to install the
    expansion packs first
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:28:05 PM): Please try launching the Sims 3
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:28:07 PM): would you like me to just launch the base
    game only?
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:28:11 PM): okay

Rae (3/21/2021, 3:28:16 PM): be right back
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:28:28 PM): Yeah
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:29:27 PM): its not working , when i try to hit
    play , it just shows me the product code again to download again and
    then the green download bar i showed you in the screenshot pops up
    again
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:30:10 PM): when i hit play now that message occured
    again "unknown error"
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:30:28 PM): Please allow me a moment.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:30:32 PM): okay
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:31:12 PM): I would suggest you to relogin to
    Origin again.
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:31:30 PM): You will see the new icon for Sims 3
    which I have added on your account.
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:31:37 PM): Try downloading it.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:31:51 PM): okay one moment while i logout
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:32:59 PM): so i see another sims 3, click that one?
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:33:35 PM): Yes
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:33:39 PM): okay
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:34:49 PM): okay im seeing the expansion packs
    installing but this time the green bar actually is showing the
    precentages
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:35:09 PM): So hope things are now working, I
    guess.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:35:35 PM): lets hope! one moment
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:36:22 PM): Yeah
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:39:29 PM): okay so it seems like several expansion
    packs installed in the "download in progress" white box. but now the
    download in progress box is still up but this time showing what
    happened in the beginning where it was stuck at zero percent
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:39:35 PM): do i hit "play now"?
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:39:45 PM): Yeah
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:39:49 PM): okay
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:40:08 PM): the same pop up showed again
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:40:29 PM): Did you downloaded the Sims 3 icon
    which recently added on your account.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:41:15 PM): yes and it even had a new code
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:41:58 PM): Yeah, that's the reason I asked you to
    download the one which I have added it on your account.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:42:23 PM): yes i did and it said it downloaded but
    it wont work
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:42:40 PM): can i send you another screenshot
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:43:11 PM): Let it be.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:43:36 PM): what can we do now?
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:43:44 PM): Try using Repair Game
    Select My Game Library in Origin.
    Right-click on the game tile.
    Select Repair Game.
    The file check can take up to an hour to complete depending on your
    computer's hardware.

Rae (3/21/2021, 3:44:48 PM): theres no "repair " option for the sims
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:45:20 PM): Did you checked it on Origin?
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:45:51 PM): yes , i see the option for the sims 4 but
    when i right click on the sims 3 theres no option
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:46:30 PM): Alright
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:48:02 PM): I would suggest you to try restarting
    your PC, might be the changes you have made till now, will require to
    setup.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:48:35 PM): my mac is up to date
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:50:09 PM): I am not talking about Mac. I am
    talking about the changes to be stored on your PC, which you have made
    in the mean while.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:50:37 PM): okay, how do i return to this chat box if
    i refresh my laptop
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:50:54 PM): I am here only.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:51:41 PM): huh? will this chat pop up again? like
    will there be a way to continue this chat?
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:52:19 PM): If in case, you find any error you can
    start a new chat, as I have already mentioned everything on your case.
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:52:33 PM): Hope it will work, just after you
    restart.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:52:50 PM): okay do i need a case id number or will
    it be there ?
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:53:42 PM): It will be there.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:53:54 PM): okay be right back, restarting my
    computer
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:56:26 PM): I thank you for being kind and
    understanding during this chat session. It has been nice talking to
    you.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:56:34 PM): hi i am back
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:56:55 PM): Cool
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:57:09 PM): what should i do now
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 3:57:20 PM): Please try launching the game again.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:57:24 PM): okay
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:58:01 PM): when i hit play it says "unknown error"
    again
    Rae (3/21/2021, 3:59:38 PM): also when i go to my game library it says
    "new add-on content ready to install" when i click on the game it
    shows play and undernearth it it says "new add on contenct" and it
    says "new expansion ready to install" but nothing actually works
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 4:01:26 PM): It seems to be a bug in the game,
    however it is sad that we at customer experience, can only help with
    issues in the game itself, we cannot make changes or correct game
    bugs. You can however report this at the official forums, so that the
    moderators and Game experts can take a note of it and investigate this
    further.
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 4:01:54 PM): Further, please post your query on the
    official forums at:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/general-discussion

Kapil (3/21/2021, 4:02:18 PM): Believe me, the moderator team is
    however collecting data from the community and are examining solutions
    if they determine enough customers have the problem and the problem is
    technically addressable with a patch, or if a work around is possible.
    Rae (3/21/2021, 4:02:53 PM): but thats just a forum for people to
    discuss issues. i need someone from EA to fix issues happening with
    their game since they created this game
    Kapil (3/21/2021, 4:04:24 PM): That is the reason, I am asking you to
    post it on forums so that our concerned team may collect more examples
    and move ahead further to resolve it for you and other players who are
    impacted.
  • Options
    @radc - The issue you are having is specific to the 32-bit Mac version of the game. There are players and staff available to help you with that on EA's AHQ forum for TS3 for Mac. I can't really assist because I keep getting the specific errors mixed up and I no longer have a truly usable 32-bit Mac intstall to work from.

I see that you have already cross-posted to AHQ, so you should be all set once someone there begins helping.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    BramborakBramborak Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, i am new here but i cant find answer. Everytime when i go to make clothes for adult or young adult, i have error 12. Is there any solution for this? Sims 3. Thank you :)
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    @Logicallyironic - If I'm pulling up the correct model specs from HP, it looks to me like you are right on the edge of what most of us would call playability with the Pets EP in play, and this may also be the case for Seasons. We've always quoted 2.4 GHz as the minimum processor speed required for suitable gameplay with these EPs -- how many pets you have and what kind don't matter as much here although things like that can take their own toll after a while, we're talking about the EP itself. Your processor just misses that mark at 2.2 GHz.

Not having a dedicated graphics card, and one of suitable strength, is just making things worse as that puts more pressure on RAM and the processor, which eventually will not be able to keep up with what the game is demanding.

You can most certainly play and have fun with TS3 on that system, as you have already seen. But I really think it's Pets and possibly Seasons that are throwing things off the edge there. Can you try some test games without both of those EPs in play (your ability to do so easily will depend on your install type) for comparisons' sake? There probably isn't much point in upgrading that HP given what must be its current age, but might there be a stronger system on which to play somewhere in the not too distant future?

@igazor So is Intel Core i7 8750H (2.2 GHz) too weak to play all the packs installed?
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @riccardouga - No, an i7 8750H essentially idles (or runs "normally" whatever "normal" may mean) at 2.2 GHz. It turbos to 4.1 GHz. I do not believe the older and more importantly less strong HP model being discussed has a processor that can do that. We don't want our processors running at high turbo speeds all of the time as that might take some years off their expected lifespans and kick up the need for the fans to always be running in high gear to prevent overheating, but not much is required for an i7 to just move at a slightly higher speed while the game is running or just when required, if it can as it is designed to do.

This is an oversimplification and I'm not a hardware engineer, but it's usually pretty well accepted that such a processor can more than handle the game with all EPs in play.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    SRattenxxSRattenxx Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi,

I've downloaded some custom house lots and installed them on Sims 3. I'm currently using the University Life expansion set. I have trouble inserting the house lots into the town.

I go into Town View, then Options Menu --> Edit Town --> Show Empty Houses --> Select House --> Place Copy --> Rotate Lot.

Although the house lots are showing in the inventory, when I select one to go into a vacant lot, in Rotate Lot view, it doesn't show up at all, although the Rotation option is available. Even when I rotate the house lot that isn't there, when I click out of it, there is still no house lot there. I'm not sure if I have to do some extracting or it could be an issue with my laptop? It's a Windows 10 Home.
  • Options
    Mrs.PayneMrs.Payne Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I'm having a problem where I cannot open my sims game pass the launcher straight from origin. I will open origin, press play for the sims, make it to the first launcher, but then I cant get pass that. It will go back to origin. I will link a current convo I am having with a helper on EA help but I wanted to bring it here too! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-3-64-Not-able-to-click-anything/m-p/10196623#M16523
  • Options
    NidhiB777NidhiB777 Posts: 21 Member
    @NidhiB777 Edit: I solved the problem. A clean reinstall and factory reset did the trick. No problems now Eps I haven't installed my CC yet, so I will update when I do.
  • Options
    Ins0rtIns0rt Posts: 1 New Member
    i have a problem with installing Island Paradise

this part is going to be context because i already know the problem i just need a solution i set my locale language to korean in region in control panel in order to play a game that was korean (i had to do that because the game wouldnt load correctly otherwise) so when i went to install sims 3 everything was fine, it was english and the setup was successful. However when it came to island paradise that's when the game tried to install it in korean, so it looked for the files however it was trying to find it in korean when it was english so it bugged out and froze the setup. After some troubleshooting i managed to figure out how to change the locale language again and when i opened up autoplay it still tried to load the korean version leaving a jumbled text variant. Now what happens is that it installs something but its not the game and it just doesn't continue the setup. What i believe the issue here is that something either in the disc's files or registry or maybe even some computer files is causing installshield wizard to try and install it in korean but if that is the case i have no clue how to edit the files in order to fix it.

also sorry for such a long message i just wanted to go in depth
  • Options
    cupcake0021cupcake0021 Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi all,

I am quite the newbie when it comes to any and all technology, so I've gone through several forums explaining how to reduce game lag with the help of nvidia inspector. I've installed the program, however, the little button that pulls up "profiles" is not near my driver, so I must be doing something wrong: https://imgur.com/sO40Dbr

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    @cupcake0021 - I think you may be running the wrong application/utility there although they do look similar at first. The profile inspector should be a separate exe file within the download, alongside of nvidia inspector.

For some illustrations: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/win-10-no-driver-profile-settings-in-inspector.406722
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top