Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    Vic2Point0Vic2Point0 Posts: 16 New Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸. For some reason, the link that came up when I searched for "thesimsasylum bluegenjutsu tuning mod" isn't working and "alien" doesn't show up when I search for it on that other link. Argh!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > @Vic2Point0 - Yes, with mod usage. That can be arranged by way of a tuning mod, bluegenjutsu has one up on The Sims Asylum. Or by way of NRaas Retuner -- do a ctrl +F type of find for "alien" on this page.

What about this one? It's all I could find on that first website you gave me.
    https://www.nraas.net/community/Retuner
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited January 2021
    Vic2Point0 wrote: »
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️. For some reason, the link that came up when I searched for "thesimsasylum bluegenjutsu tuning mod" isn't working and "alien" doesn't show up when I search for it on that other link. Argh!

The site is The Naughty Sims Asylum. You can't find its contents by doing web searches because you have to be a (free) member to see any significant content there, it's all hiding behind a login wall. We don't usually post internal links for that site because if the user isn't logged in there at the moment, the link won't go anywhere helpful.

I can assure you that there are two sets of Retuner settings on the NRaas page having to do with alien abductions and visitations. If you can't find them by looking for the word alien, then just scroll down. They are about 2/3 to 3/4 of the way down the entire page (it's pretty long). Retuner takes some getting used to though, it's not a typical kind of mod as what it does is expose the game's master Tuning File settings to a user interface.

Edit: Yes, that is the page from which you can download Retuner. I was taking you to the place where the suggested alien specific settings are mentioned.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Okay, thanks a bunch! I'll check it out then.
  • Options
    Alright, so I downloaded what I THINK is the Retuner itself by clicking on the "Download for patch 1.67/69" link. I ended up with a PACKAGE file which opened with Notepad and has a bunch of weird symbols in it, lol.

Another forum told me I needed to put this in somewhere:

General > By Tunable XML > Sims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems > AlienUtils
    kAbductionBaseChance = 0
    kAbductionSpaceRockBonus = 0
    kAbductionTelescopeBonus = 0

Am I anywhere close to barking up the right tree? Could I just copy and paste that into this weird document and then put that somewhere in the game files?
  • Options
    Yeah I'm still lost. There must be a step I'm skipping somewhere, because I tested it by copying and pasting the section that's supposed to reduce book prices onto the document, and it didn't have any effect. So any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • Options
    @Vic2Point0 - That is not how Retuner works. Since you have opened up a thread at NRaas, let's continue over there.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    > @igazor said:
    > @Vic2Point0 - That is not how Retuner works. Since you have opened up a thread at NRaas, let's continue over there.

Alright, awesome. I read your post there and it really helped. For any other curious noobs like me, detailed instructions can be found here:
    https://www.nraas.net/community/installation-and-mod-updater-help/topic9498
  • Options
    StarTrjckStarTrjck Posts: 3 New Member
    Heya! I've been fiddling around with this for over 5 hours now and have surrendered and need help. I've had issues similar in the past but I've somehow fixed them, been researching every possible cause I can find but to no avail.
    Just installed supernatural, got some new Sims3Pack files, tried to install them in my launcher and the popup window became black and unresponsive. Force quit it, tried again, kept happening. Tried to just launch the game, becomes black and unresponsive. I tried remove my dbc files to my desktop, it loaded up. So I halved them, narrowed it down to either the dcdb1.dbc file or the dcdb.9.dbc file. I'm really not that knowledgeable with what else to do from here, I have over 3,000 Sims3Packs, how on earth do I go about narrowing down whats causing it? How do I know whats in the dbc files?
  • Options
    > @StarTrjck said:
    > Heya! I've been fiddling around with this for over 5 hours now and have surrendered and need help. I've had issues similar in the past but I've somehow fixed them, been researching every possible cause I can find but to no avail.
    > Just installed supernatural, got some new Sims3Pack files, tried to install them in my launcher and the popup window became black and unresponsive. Force quit it, tried again, kept happening. Tried to just launch the game, becomes black and unresponsive. I tried remove my dbc files to my desktop, it loaded up. So I halved them, narrowed it down to either the dcdb1.dbc file or the dcdb.9.dbc file. I'm really not that knowledgeable with what else to do from here, I have over 3,000 Sims3Packs, how on earth do I go about narrowing down whats causing it? How do I know whats in the dbc files?
    dcdb1.dbc file and dcdb0.dbc file* And actually, they seem to be conflicting? If I move dcdb1 to my desktop and load up, it works. If I move it back and move dcdb0 out, it works. If I move them both back in, it stops responding again.
  • Options
    @StarTrjck - That's not quite how it works, I mean I think you are drawing incorrect conclusions from these tests. The dbc files need to be numbered sequentially starting with 0 and no skips -- are you renumbering them with each one of these tests?

If you have
    dcdb0.dbc
    dcdb1.dbc
    dcdb6.dbc then only files 0 and 1 are going to get read because the next one in sequence must be 2 (not 6).

If you have
    dcdb0.dbc
    dcdb3.dbc
    dcdb4.dbc then only file 0 is going to get read because the next one in sequence must be 1.

If you don't have a file 0, then none of them will be read.

I think all you have proved so far is that file 0 alone is okay. If the content you have just added to the mix is causing the problem though, normally it really should be the highest numbered file(s) that had been added to -- would that be 9 and possibly 8 in your case?

We can't see which content is in which file bundle. Launcher installing things causes them to be added to the highest number file until a certain point is reached, then it begins the next number up. This is why it's important to keep copies of the original sims3packs someplace, outside of the Downloads or game folder, in case the content installs ever have to be redone from the beginning.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I've managed to fix the issue with it becoming unresponsive at startup, thank you, but now whenever I try to load up an old save or a new save it gets to the very end of the loading process and then closes without an error log. I've renamed the sims 3 folder and had a new one regenerate putting my saves back in, verified it through steam, nothings working. I would be able to let go a corrupted save, but it closing while creating a new one...? Kind of scaring me.
  • Options
    xxcrazyskittlesxxxxcrazyskittlesxx Posts: 16 Member
    Hello, I am having an issue with my game I am stuck with the Materilizng Materials error I know what causes it and I used ccmagic to find the name of the files however when I check my downloads folder I search for the files but they don't exist in my sims3packs or packages and I can't change the colors of clothing and stuff in the game because of the error but I can't fix it because the files can't be found in the folder.
  • Options
    PrestigePrestige Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey!
    So my game keeps crashing after about 30 minutes of gameplay, I checked my crash analyzer and it said “Max Memory Used” - Try to reduce usage by lowering settings! I did that & it still crashes, I have a top of the line gaming computer, I’m so frustrated with this like I can’t play the sims peacefully! Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

My computer is a GE66 Raider Gaming Computer
    Specs:
    Storage: 1TB
    RAM: 32g
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
    Processor Speed: 2.6 gigahertz
    Processor Model: Intel 10th Generation Core i7
  • Options
    @Prestige - Crash Logs for TS3 don't always tell the truth or anything really helpful when this happens. But this may be an exception. You do have tons of RAM to work with and that's great, but TS3 on Windows is a 32-bit application and can only use up to just short of 4 GB. The real limit is ~3.7 GB due to some overhead and we generally consider the danger zone anywhere above 3.5 GB because split second spikes up into the impossible will cause the game to lose its mind. Further, it does take a bit more RAM to negotiate a save than to just play, and no one would want to play a game that they can't save.

Is this only happening with one ongoing game as opposed to a newly started test one and which world(s) are you playing? Have you or could you check on the game's executable through Task Manager to see how much RAM it is using once you get things started up and then after let's say 10 or 20 minutes of gameplay? That needs to be in terms of absolute GB, not as a %. If it's consistently calling for way too much, and typically this will slowly increase throughout a given session, then yes a crash or impossible save would be imminent and we need to find ways to reduce the load that the game is trying to carry. If usage is way low, down in safe territory, then that's different and we need to find out what sudden thing might be going wrong consistently after half an hour so we can put a stop to it.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    I actually had that issue recently where I couldn’t save the game, an error file popped up.
  • Options
    @igazor - I am testing out a new world & save in Moonlight Falls now, the other world was pretty big. Once I open the task manager while in-game, my CPU is 2.4%, Memory is 1,631.6 MB at startup. After about 15 minutes its at 2.5% CPU & 1,630 Memory!
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    @Prestige - And if gameplay remains stable with usage staying steady at around 1.6 GB, then we almost have to conclude that the crashy one was just too large, complicated, intricate, or over-populated for the game to handle well. But worth checking on, if you can get it loaded up long enough to do so.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    tyjay17tyjay17 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I recently got back into TS3 and reinstalled my game (all EPS included), I've been playing with no issues until last night. I built a house for a friend and saved it to my library, but when I went to find the tray files I discovered that I... don't have a tray folder? I've tried dragging the TS3 folder from my electronic arts folder onto my desktop in order to generating a new folder, but the new TS3 folder also generates without a tray folder. Are they just located in a different place than TS4 or is my game just ,,, broken? Thanks in advance !
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    edited January 2021
    @tyjay17 Sims 3 doesn't have a tray folder. It will either be in the library file or the exports file depending on how you saved it. The library file will be a package file. If you exported it will be a sims3pack file.
    Post edited by ZeeGee on
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Edit: Whoops never mind, @ZeeGee beat me to it! :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    @igazor It played for 2 hours straight until I ended it, so its working again! The world was just too large, thank you soooo much I will come back within a few days to tell you how the gameplay has been!
  • Options
    ambrosia04ambrosia04 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I have a problem with the Pets pack! Everytime I get a cat after a little while it just goes out of bound and its necessities start deplying so I have to put them up for adoption to survive :bawling:
    Thanks!
  • Options
    @ambrosia04 - Afraid I'm not understanding the problem here. Pets in Sims 3 can go wherever they choose to and we can always direct them back home. Are you by any chance playing Sims 4 where pets are not controllable?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    dogecoindogecoin Posts: 2 New Member
    hello! thanks for making this thread, was worried i wouldnt have anywhere to ask for help :) i recently updated my sims game to 1.69 (late, i know), but when i tried to edit one of the caw projects im working on in-game, it redirected me to the origin launcher. i opened the game and it just took me to my saves. is there any way to bypass the origin launcher, or some way to access my world in-game without exporting it?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top