Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP 11 Announcement Coming Thursday 6/10

Comments

• Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Yaaaaaassss - it took so long for them to show the Llama and cow, I was thinking 'meh ok cool rabbits and chickens, better than - wait what?". This is so cool!!! Finally a farm-ish expansion <3

Yesss there was only rabbits for half a minute, I was almost disappointed 😅 but no!! I love it. Maybe it' ll be the first pack I pre-order.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I only liked the cows and chickens. Might get it on sale.
    He/Him
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited June 2021
    It was awesome. I'm so excited about the pack.
    I need to go watch it again for few times. I completely forgot to check out the new hairstyles and clothes because I was concentrating on the animals and other gameplay stuff. :smiley:
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    I noticed the gardens looked quite a bit different. Are they updating all the plants? Or is it just new pumpkins?
  • Options
    RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    Love what I see coming in the new expansion. I also really like how they did this trailer. Decent music, no obnoxious voice over, and the trailer speaks for itself. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I'm hoping it's farming enough that it will satisfy most of the people calling for farming.
    I hope it has chickens, and rabbits (Angora, so they have a use other than food) and sheep, and llamas and cattle... maybe ducks and geese.
    Horses would be a nice bonus.

Hopefully, no Occults so that they can get a propper focused pack.

Okay, we didn't get sheep and the rabbits are wild. Also didn't see ducks and geese. But I wasn't expecting horses, and we got chickens and llamas and cows, so I consider it a good guess. :smiley:
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited June 2021
    • I was worried when we only saw bunnies and NPC birds for a while, but then we saw other animals and I was stoked.
    • I think that chicken coop is the one from Sims 3, or at least it's inspired by it.
    • The bunnies seem so lively. Is that trailer magic, or did they actually shell out some money for this?
    • Foxes. Recycled from Cats & Dogs, cross-pack support, or just the trailer integrating other packs to make it more fun? I think we saw some Country Kitchen stuff, so.
    • A lot of recycled/reskinned clothing assets, but I loved the dress with the apron. The guys have surprisingly decent clothes this time around, too.
    • The hair looks great in this pack.
    • WAIT, the child was cooking! Kids can cook now, or at least help adults in the kitchen? Please please please.
    • Cows, bunnies, chickens and llamas! I was hoping for the latter, but I didn't expect we'd get it
    • Crumplebottom doesn't look too good, but she's not bad. Mostly they reused recycled assets. Her skin is also lighter; not saying she's whitewashed or anything, but she had a tan and I would have liked to see more accuracy. But if she's an NPC or has a trait that makes her like her old self, I'll still be happy.
    • She has that pillbox hat too, which I've been wanting for my own Crumplebottoms. Flower's on the wrong side and the hat's askew, though.
    • I was worried the animals would just be items, but bunnies can be indoors? Color wheel for animals, judging by the weird colors? Costumes? A lot of costumes, actually. Maybe we can make them in CAS? Either way, they seem very lively and full of personality.
    • County fair crop-judging contests. Looks like they finally found a way to make festivals interesting; you can grow crops to have them show-ready. It seems to be based on size and possibly quality. This is good; it would give us a reason to participate. None of that "just go to this festival, get clothes and just walk around for a bit because there's nothing to do."
    • Maybe we'll get a cooking festival, too? And a competition for animals?
    • There are pumpkins of many sizes, so different-sized pumpkins is confirmed. Maybe all crops will have different sizes? It can't be that hard, they just have to resize the item and we can do that already.
    • Cross-stitching/embroidery? They recycled the Nifty Knitting yarn box, so it's probably a skill, and you can probably store it in your inventory and do it anywhere.
    • Kids and toddlers can play with animals!
    • There's a stall selling flowers.
    • The animals have some aliasing problems, but I still love them.
    • The town looks gorgeous. Too bad a lot of it will be set dressing.
    • Ew, bonuses for buying early. Disgusting. That incentivizes people to buy early, but that's the last thing The Sims 4 needs. Good thing those pre-order bonuses are so meh. But they do give us almost two weeks to decide, which is plenty of time to see reviews and judge the pack's quality, instead of pressuring people to buy quickly and regret it later.
    • Cottage living is a bad name. It's cottage-core, but this pack seems to be more about farming. It's also a less creative name than Country Livin'.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Well….one thing’s for sure…my sim will be flirting with that old hag until his face looks blue! 🥰 👵🏻👜
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I hope that handbag is a 'playable' item and not just for show. There's a few sims I like to bash with it. >:)
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Well….one thing’s for sure…my sim will be flirting with that old hag until his face looks blue! 🥰 👵🏻👜

Can you post a picture of her? I'm in a meeting and only got to see snippets of the trailer but didn't see her. :(
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    I just wish there are carabaos or water buffalo... I am not in a hurry of buying these and I don't mind if I don't get the limited-time bonus contents because I still have to enjoy the previous expansion and game packs. I might buy this Cottage Living pack in 2030!
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I really love it! Haven't been so positive about a pack in a LONG time. I would've preferred horses over Lamas, but it's okay! I think we will get horses eventually. I hope you can breed the animals.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am so excited about this! I have been hoping for farming with all the essential animals since I first started Sims 4! The only thing about this that disappointed me is having to wait until July 22nd! I loved everything I saw on the trailer and am looking forward to getting this pack and starting my farm. I can't wait!!!
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Yaaaaaassss - it took so long for them to show the Llama and cow, I was thinking 'meh ok cool rabbits and chickens, better than - wait what?". This is so cool!!! Finally a farm-ish expansion <3

omg yes, for the first few second (the female sim with the birds) I thought this was going to be a fairytale EP and I already hated it haha
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited June 2021
    Gordy wrote: »
    • Crumplebottom doesn't look too good, but she's not bad. Mostly they reused recycled assets. Her skin is also lighter; not saying she's whitewashed or anything, but she had a tan and I would have liked to see more accuracy. But if she's an NPC or has a trait that makes her like her old self, I'll still be happy.
    If it's Agnes then she does have lighter skin than Mrs. Crumplebottom from Sims 2 so I think it's fine.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    KHS12 wrote: »

Can you post a picture of her? I'm in a meeting and only got to see snippets of the trailer but didn't see her. :(

*!! SMACK !!*

5-C0-A1-F20-2-D97-454-A-9655-B5025892-C1-A6.jpg

Grumplebottoms good woman yerself.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Did Agnes in The Sims hit people with her purse too? Captain_NXR7, hope your sim can run fast! Think he might be asking for trouble flirting with that one! LOL
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited June 2021
    Did Agnes in The Sims hit people with her purse too? Captain_NXR7, hope your sim can run fast! Think he might be asking for trouble flirting with that one! LOL
    Yup. She also had very funny lectures like "Public displays of affections in MY town?! Not on my watch!"
  • Options
    KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member

*!! SMACK !!*

HAHAHA thanks so much!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I want to eat the animals.

Please let us cook the rabbits, cows, and chickens!!!
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Please let us cook the rabbits, cows, and chickens!!!
    I, on the other hand, only want to eat the llamas. Maybe there'll be a discreet 'take them to market' option - but I don't count on it.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    As much as i adore cats in real life, i did not like how they were done in the game at all, so i will be going around my save to replace my sims' cats with rabbits, as mean as that seems. They might be the suprior in-game pets :p
    Also, i really hope we can keep foxes and they are not just some type of npc animal. I love foxes and i want my sims to keep one aaahhh. I am excited to know more about this pack, and i need more details about everything, but i am already excited, did i mention that i was excited?
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited June 2021
    Well....This is a very pleasant surprise. I don't have a **** thing to complain about (yet). In fact I'm actually pretty excited. This definitely makes up for that dud of a "game" pack we just got.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    edited June 2021

*!! SMACK !!*

If she starts hittin' me or everybody with her pocket book (purse), I swear Imma just...
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Yep. In the UK the American "purse" is called a "handbag" and a "purse" is smaller and kept in it with all your paper money and coins inside. Another difference between USA and UK usage and helpful to know if you are travelling and lose either in either country! Men carry wallets to put in their inside pockets or trouser pockets.

PS: A pickpocket (former) gave a hint to put a thick rubber band round your wallet because you are more likely to feel it being stolen. (true story).