Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Pack to get announced soon(Cottage Living Confirmed)!!!!

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I just saw this as well.

It just says "Find Out Soon" but as we know the "Hot Sims Summer" event mentioned May, June, and July. And well so far there's been a release in both May (Kit) and June (Game Pack) so I would assume the EP will come out in July? And be announced later this month?

How far in advance are EPs announced by the way?
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I just saw this as well.

It just says "Find Out Soon" but as we know the "Hot Sims Summer" event mentioned May, June, and July. And well so far there's been a release in both May (Kit) and June (Game Pack) so I would assume the EP will come out in July? And be announced later this month?

How far in advance are EPs announced by the way?

iirc Expansions have been announced like 4 weeks prior to their release, but even that can be very random.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Well traditionally soon means with in a few days or couple days. But typically when EA says soon it can take near a month.

Hope that's not the case here and hope I am wrong and they truly announce it soon. Like tomorrow or by Friday. That'd be awesome.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    As I mentioned in other 2 threads ... This may mean that the possible track is real and the EP is announced sooner rather than later to be released in June. I'm sure Julio will have a big update, which will make up for the lack of content.

This is aimed at those who do not know what I am talking about, in the livestream the image with the summer and months advertisements was shown. The funny thing is that in the image of the transmission the months of departure say May / June / June (which could be an error or a clue) then in social networks the image that was disseminated was one with the months May / June / July . I would like to believe that this was a clue that they left us, it cannot be a coincidence, I am attaching the image of the livestream for you to see.

YYwr6sq.jpg
  • Options
    JestTru wrote: »
    Well traditionally soon means with in a few days or couple days. But typically when EA says soon it can take near a month.

Hope that's not the case here and hope I am wrong and they truly announce it soon. Like tomorrow or by Friday. That'd be awesome.

I'd love for them to announce it next week if it's early in July. EPs are bad about getting leaked so it would be in thier best interest to announce it early then push it for about a month with livestreams.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I think we will get an announcement is 2-3 weeks time with a release date a month after it’s announcement. As the new gamepack has released today they won’t want to overshadow it.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Honestly this ties in with what people said about how good it is for EA to release an EP in June, before the end of the fiscal quarter. I was genuinely expecting this EP in July, but it might be that the GP was just later than usual and they're still planning to release the usual June EP. I hope so because Dream Home Decorator doesn't thrill me, and nature packs are something I generally enjoy, so getting that content sooner will be very exciting for me.

If it is true the EP is launching in June, that means they'll probably have slightly less than the usual 4-week announcement period this time, but we'll see.

I thought maybe the 'Summer of Sims' image was a timeline, indicating that the EP would be one of the last things to be released, but given that they've put the three (presumably separate) base game updates as just one entry on there, I guess it's not, necessarily. They haven't officially announced anything yet though, so we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Honestly this ties in with what people said about how good it is for EA to release an EP in June, before the end of the fiscal quarter. I was genuinely expecting this EP in July, but it might be that the GP was just later than usual and they're still planning to release the usual June EP. I hope so because Dream Home Decorator doesn't thrill me, and nature packs are something I generally enjoy, so getting that content sooner will be very exciting for me.

If it is true the EP is launching in June, that means they'll probably have slightly less than the usual 4-week announcement period this time, but we'll see.

I thought maybe the 'Summer of Sims' image was a timeline, indicating that the EP would be one of the last things to be released, but given that they've put the three (presumably separate) base game updates as just one entry on there, I guess it's not, necessarily. They haven't officially announced anything yet though, so we'll have to wait and see.

I'm still waiting to find out what the Summer Event is their talking about. I'm betting it's just a game changer playing with simmers uploaded sims.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    I think we’ll see or hear something very soon about the next pack release because they have to wipe out all of this bad publicity surrounding the DHD pack.

I don't think I’ve seen this many complaints since the MFPS fiasco or maybe the Star Wars pack lol
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    I don't think they'll overshadow the gamepack too soon, its just released..

But I'm expecting next week or max the week after they have to announce it..
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I say we all don't buy the next EP until all bugs are fixed.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    i hope its announced soon
    even if its released like july
    I'm just tired of the waiting game when I don't know if there is anything worth waiting for
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I won't participate in the guessing this time... i don't want to get hyped to then get disapointed...
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    They announced another pack one week after another one was released before, so I am expecting to hear news or a trailer or something in the beginning of next week.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    They announced another pack one week after another one was released before, so I am expecting to hear news or a trailer or something in the beginning of next week.

Ohh do you remember what that was?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

I think that was last year, around when Journey to Batuu was released.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member

Hmm I wonder if they moved up the announcement because of the backlash
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member

JtB was released on September 8 and Snowy Escape was announced on October 19.
    But it did happen with Moschino (released on August 13, 2019) and Realm of Magic (trailer on August 20, 2019). However, both were actually announced previously at EA Play on June 8, 2019.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    July 22nd is Ea play so my guess is nothing till then but you never know I'd be happy to be wrong
  • Options
    MandyPandy111MandyPandy111 Posts: 22 Member
    [quote="gamercat;c-17899190"]July 22nd is Ea play so my guess is nothing till then but you never know I'd be happy to be wrong[/quote]

I'd be shocked if we didn't hear anything before that as the expansion pack should release at the end of July at the latest. It seems more likely that we'll get the expansion before EA play or quickly after and they will shift attention to more packs coming out this year in Ausgust or after. Whether additional packs will be kits, a gamepack, expansion, etc remains to be seen.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2021
    The events are
    1. Kit
    2. Game Pack
    3. Virtual block party
    4. Sims event of the summer
    5. Base game updates (3 waves ? 2 in June and 1 in July ?)
    6. Expansion Pack (End of July ?)

It seems they still need time to finish the patches before announcing EP11
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I think the next EP will still release in June.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    The events are
    1. Kit
    2. Game Pack
    3. Virtual block party
    4. Sims event of the summer
    5. Base game updates (3 waves ? 2 in June and 1 in July ?)
    6. Expansion Pack (End of July ?)

It seems they still need time to finish the patches before announcing EP11

I still don’t understand the virtual block party 🤔.

I think the Sims event of the summer might be some sort of overview of The Sims 4 and some free summer related items with an update. Sunglasses or a sun lounger etc.
    I still think the EP could be announced late June.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2021
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I think the next EP will still release in June.

June means no major content for 4 months, until EP12 is released in November.
    And they would announce a 2-month roadmap if nothing is released in July

* Subject to change at EA's discretion means they are late, EP11 can be postponed if it's necessary
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017