Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

mcrudd update for those that supports me

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @mcrudd , maybe it is wise to "give up" for now, but I know you have not done that mentally. But yes you need some rest. Very much so.

Who knows, maybe at one day you will get the answers. Maybe when you are not actually looking for them.

All the best,
    Ellu <3

That is so true, thank you so much <3
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm sorry about that, mcrudd. But yes, you need to save up your mental energy and take care of yourself as well
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I'm sorry about that, mcrudd. But yes, you need to save up your mental energy and take care of yourself as well

thank you <3
  • Options
    jacqpinksjacqpinks Posts: 2,118 Member
    You have always been in my thoughts, you know I understand what you are going through. My brother was missing for 5 years, it was a sad time when we didn't have answers. I hope you one day get answers sooner than later. HuGs♥
    Jacqpinks ♥'s The Sims
  • Options
    jacqpinks wrote: »
    You have always been in my thoughts, you know I understand what you are going through. My brother was missing for 5 years, it was a sad time when we didn't have answers. I hope you one day get answers sooner than later. HuGs♥

Thanks so much Jacks <3
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Thank you the mare s bird nest for your virtual hug <3 I have been avoiding for a while to look up my brother name, but with all the chaos happening in South africa I just had this little inkling of hope that if I google his name something might come up and then I saw your post with the virtual hug, thank you for that <3

edit. I had to split your name and add the word bird sorry, otherwise it was treated as a not allowed word in little hearts
  • Options
    Hi there simmers, I am so sorry I have been so quiet <3 As most of you know I stepped back a bit. This is what happened next. I was contacted by a police captain from Kempton park police, he had heard the podcast and was appalled by the police's response to the case and took it upon himself and his team to reopen the case as a cold case missing person. This happened end of year 2021, it had to be kept under the wraps and I helped where I could sharing my information I gained over the last six years and so on. March I got Delta covid, I was very ill from it, afterwards I did not bounce back and we went to the Drs after a very scary night of chest pains and ragged breathing. Turns out covid had damaged my heart and the stress of the case was not helping. I had to once again step back, but this time completely out. I shared all of my Eugeine folder with the cops via mediafire and then I waited for them to with the help of facebook copy and save the whole Missing person page, once they did that I deleted all of my social media and the page, I even deleted everything off of my computer. I told the cops to not contact me unless they have solid information to share like a body, or my brother still alive. Last I heard was end of March they were attempting to change the case from Missing person to murder inquest. I did feel extremely guilty for stepping away completely, but taking three types of heart tablets three times a day does indeed make you think twice and I am feeling much better now. Keeping busy with Sims, lego, painting by numbers and watching the Chicago series's the fire, pd and med ones. They are so good. I want to thank everyone for their support and sorry I had to get rid of social media , I know I was in contact with many of you via facebook, but I am so much better off without it all <3 Hugs and plumbob kisses from me to you, Happy simming everyone :)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I send lots of hugs to you <3 It is very awful what you have been going through these years, and now that you have had Covid and it’s effects on your health. It is best to not have social media and ton try to spend time doing things that you enjoy doing and will help you and your health. Thankyou for updating us on how you have been going <3
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    I send lots of hugs to you <3 It is very awful what you have been going through these years, and now that you have had Covid and it’s effects on your health. It is best to not have social media and ton try to spend time doing things that you enjoy doing and will help you and your health. Thankyou for updating us on how you have been going <3

Thanks for your lovely support over the years lovely @rosemow, its very much appreciated <3
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »

While I'm sure that was difficult to hear and the struggles you've gone through with the pandemic, I am glad to hear that things are on the up and up. There's always a silver lining to be found, even when it seems darkest.

We've missed you! :heart:

"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    While I'm sure that was difficult to hear and the struggles you've gone through with the pandemic, I am glad to hear that things are on the up and up. There's always a silver lining to be found, even when it seems darkest.

We've missed you! :heart:

Aww thanks so much for your support @ashcrash19 <3 I am starting to accept that this will remain unsolved until I have my last breath one day. Acceptance is what I need to do now <3

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,658 Member
    You've had a really tough time. I hope you're feeling better, and hope there will be news of brother which ever way it goes.
    I can't imagine how hard it must be to live everyday with that on your mind, and no answers. <3
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »
    You've had a really tough time. I hope you're feeling better, and hope there will be news of brother which ever way it goes.
    I can't imagine how hard it must be to live everyday with that on your mind, and no answers. <3

Thank you so much @February11 <3 Its been hard, still is :( but I need to accept that a person does not always get answers, especially with missing or murdered persons. I have watched a lot of ci on tv and understand that, although its hard to accept if its your own family member, it needs to be done, especially after 6 years of giving your whole self to find your missing sibling <3
  • Options

Thank you so much @February11 <3 Its been hard, still is :( but I need to accept that a person does not always get answers, especially with missing or murdered persons. I have watched a lot of ci on tv and understand that, although its hard to accept if its your own family member, it needs to be done, especially after 6 years of giving your whole self to find your missing sibling <3
    How are your parents coping?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Our dad passed away when I was 7 and my brother 5. My mom accepted very early on that she believes my brother was murdered and the body won't be found. So that was her coping mechanism. I was the only one that kept on searching for six years. The rest of the family moved on about 6 months into him being missing. Caused a lot of strain between me and them all too. I was not happy how they could just cary on as if nothing happened. And they could not understand how I put my life on hold to search for him for so many years.

• Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I'm glad to hear from you. I was thinking about Eugeine around his birthday, but when I saw you hadn't posted and had taken down the Facebook, I wanted to continue to let you take any space and time you needed. I'm glad that the podcast finally got a result and you're being assisted by the Kempton police captain. I'm so sorry you caught Covid and it had such a nasty effect on you. Thank goodness you are starting to feel better. And I'm glad you are finding happiness with your activities. Not exactly the same as paint by numbers, but I took up Diamond Paintings a few weeks ago and have been enjoying them a lot. I used to watch the Chicago series, although I stopped some time ago. I completely understand you need for acceptance that in may remain unsolved. I will keep you both in my thoughts.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options

Our dad passed away when I was 7 and my brother 5. My mom accepted very early on that she believes my brother was murdered and the body won't be found. So that was her coping mechanism. I was the only one that kept on searching for six years. The rest of the family moved on about 6 months into him being missing. Caused a lot of strain between me and them all too. I was not happy how they could just cary on as if nothing happened. And they could not understand how I put my life on hold to search for him for so many years.

That's awful. So much heartache for one family. HUGE hugs <3
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

I really hope you can find the answers you need. It’s so sad.

It’s not easy when families disagree.

It’s good to hear from you and I do wish you good luck.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear from you. I was thinking about Eugeine around his birthday, but when I saw you hadn't posted and had taken down the Facebook, I wanted to continue to let you take any space and time you needed. I'm glad that the podcast finally got a result and you're being assisted by the Kempton police captain. I'm so sorry you caught Covid and it had such a nasty effect on you. Thank goodness you are starting to feel better. And I'm glad you are finding happiness with your activities. Not exactly the same as paint by numbers, but I took up Diamond Paintings a few weeks ago and have been enjoying them a lot. I used to watch the Chicago series, although I stopped some time ago. I completely understand you need for acceptance that in may remain unsolved. I will keep you both in my thoughts.

aww thanks for thinking of us on his birthday. It was a very hard birthday for me. For the last six years I have baked him a cake and celebrated his birthday, but this year I did not. I am trying to move on with my life and stress less. I felt so bad, but I know every year will get better and better. I have seen the diamond art and considered getting one, they are really pretty :) Thanks so much for being so supportive <3
  • Options
    That's awful. So much heartache for one family. HUGE hugs <3

Its been hard, but I have an amazing husband as well as two wonderful kids that is my support through everything <3 As well as all my amazing interwebs friends <3

• Options
    I really hope you can find the answers you need. It’s so sad.

It’s not easy when families disagree.

It’s good to hear from you and I do wish you good luck.

I hope so too, but the more the years go by the more I am accepting it will be an unanswered question that will stay with me forever, I just learn how to accept and cope with the not knowing <3 It was real hard, I was the only one searching and doing it from the other side of the world as well, but I feel that I gave it my anything. Thanks so much for your support <3