Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the one thing in TS4 that aggravates you the most?

Comments

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Brd709 wrote: »
    You can set security on computers so outsiders or other household members can’t use them.

There is an option to lock the computer so that only your Sim can use it--does that not work on visitors? I've never tried it at a home residence, but it does work for businesses
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,088 Member
    You can set security on computers so outsiders or other household members can’t use them.

There is an option to lock the computer so that only your Sim can use it--does that not work on visitors? I've never tried it at a home residence, but it does work for businesses

I tried setting the computer to ‘household only’ in my legacy house and visitors seemed to stop going to it every time they came over.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited May 2021
    Another one. I really wish the game recognized extended family members. In-Laws, step children, cousins etc.

That is the one thing for me too. Also I wish we were able to invite whole households over again like we were in TS2.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ViolettaVioletta Posts: 29 Member
    I miss all the invites my sims used to get. My sims never get invited to go out to restaurants, dance parties, bar nights, rabbit hole events (like concerts and the circus), the talent showcase, birthday parties, etc anymore. The only calls they DO get are invites to come hang out at a sim's house, a sim asking to come over to MY sim's house, invites to CL festivals, club friends asking to "hang out tonight" at like 11 am, and those useless "I heard you became friends with so-and-so. They're pretty cool" calls. People are saying they just "toned down" the amount of calls you get, but I haven't gotten any of the ones I mentioned for over a year, so they're definitely not just "toned down". It's like they removed all the fun calls and just left the boring ones.

Also get about a million calls challenging my spellcaster sim to a "duel at the battlegrounds" per day. If anything they need to tone THESE calls down and bring back the invites, or at least give people an option to switch them on or off.

Sims cancelling actions to go "play with cat wand" with the cat. I have to take the cat wand out of their inventory if I want them to finish doing anything. I usually just don't buy the cat wand.

Sims all want to hang out and talk in the bathroom when one of them is either about to pee their pants or needs to take a shower. Then they're all embarrassed lol.

How small and useless some of the worlds seem. It's weird when Newcrest is more fleshed out than worlds that came in DLC packs.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
  • Options
    BabblingStaceyBabblingStacey Posts: 3 New Member
    Small thing I absolutely detest is the elder idle animation. It annoys me so much.

I usually have mischief (and mean) autonomous interactions turned off in MCCC but I turned it on briefly this week and was reminded how much I hate "Give Fake Bad News" interaction because my sims would do it constantly. I finally just turned it back off again.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Loading screens. Disable them
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I do wish there was a little more open world. I wish I could make my own maps.

I wish some things were integrated better. It feels odd that 'marketplace stalls' won't work on a retail lot, and cash registers won't work on a marketplace lot. I like to put together large multi-purpose lots - mini malls basically. And while I've managed to put spas, cafes, bowling alleys, 'Computer Labs' / Gamer cafes, comedy clubs, street musicians, and food trucks ALL on the same lot - I then have to decide if the lot will have retail shops or market stalls...

The two parts of that puzzle that logically fit together the most - can't be together.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member

I have limited success with this. When I block the computer to something like "all but this one sim" other sims in the household can still do half of the things with it, and some visitors will still use it while others won't. Not sure if this is due to mods I run though. It stops them "enough" that I've just decided to pretend it doesn't bother me anymore... :neutral:
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    The Sims' lack of intelligence. Seriously, I have to fight with my Sims to make them do something. I shouldn't have to tell my Sim to do something only for them to drop what I told them to do to go do something different. If I want my Sims to do something, I expect them to immediately do it.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,926 Member

Worked fine for me.

What I hate is if playing rotational, when I come back to certain household who have their own computers, they are are sitting at wrong ones! Come on if you really need to "browse the net" , do it at your OWN computer!

I gladly found a mod for it. (not stopping them from using computers, but for them doing nothing when I load their house again)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    The whims system. A new in-depth whims system is what i want. I know it's the only thing that can hold me forever with 4. I was playing 3 and having a lot of fun but the moment i heard about a new mod that makes whims more in depth i immediatelly gravitated to 4 again. I hope it becomes official though... i'm always afraid that the modders stop working on their mods specially with so many updates and so many years of sims 4 still to come...

I will also say the whims system.

I've been trying to enjoy the game with mod improvements for the whims but sadly for me it isn't working because currently in the game whims are not staying locked. I've been locking important whims and they are becoming unlocked by themselves before achieving the requirement of the whim. I had Lilith Pleasant roll a whim to become famous and before she reached this goal the locked whim had vanished. It's also happened multiple times when I've locked whims for sims to get engaged, married or have babies.

This is what has been really ruining my enjoyment of the game lately as my gameplay relies on this system, I've always played sims games by fulling the things my sims want. :(
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Sharonia could it be a mod conflict? I've been playing everyday with whims and they lock. Only sometimes, after traveling, they don't lock...
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Idle animations :s Sometimes they take so long to play out and they start to stack and it gets really annoying.

Also:
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Random outfits being placed on MY sims. I hate it so much. Situational outfits are one of the worst ideas ever in the Sims 4.
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    The endless spawning of townies. I grow tired of giving them makeovers, plus they bloat my save.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Violetta wrote: »
    I miss all the invites my sims used to get. My sims never get invited to go out to restaurants, dance parties, bar nights, rabbit hole events (like concerts and the circus), the talent showcase, birthday parties, etc anymore. The only calls they DO get are invites to come hang out at a sim's house, a sim asking to come over to MY sim's house, invites to CL festivals, club friends asking to "hang out tonight" at like 11 am, and those useless "I heard you became friends with so-and-so. They're pretty cool" calls. People are saying they just "toned down" the amount of calls you get, but I haven't gotten any of the ones I mentioned for over a year, so they're definitely not just "toned down". It's like they removed all the fun calls and just left the boring ones.

I miss those, too, and I wish my sims could still get those "I can't stop thinking of you" date invites from people they might have flirted with only one time. :lol: I even miss the blind date suggestions, even though most of my famous peeps usually turned them down. I agree that the "toning down" left us with more annoying and/or just-plain-stupid ones than fun ones. :/
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    @Sharonia could it be a mod conflict? I've been playing everyday with whims and they lock. Only sometimes, after traveling, they don't lock...

It's not a mod I don't think. I've seen other players agree that they also have the same issue. I think maybe it has to do with travelling which is something I tend to do a lot when I play but it really shouldn't be this way. Locked whims should stay locked no matter what until they are fulfilled, I feel the issue is a bug that needs fixing.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The culling. It is the game pretty much wiping the Sims clean like they never existed. I imagine Sims go into the corn field like the Twilight Zone never to be seen or heard of again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited May 2021
    Quite a few things that bother me about this game. Sorry, I can't decide which one irritates me most, so I will name a few. The most irritating ones:

- situational outfits are horrible. They can completely ruin the households you are not playing.
    - culling and relationship culling. I like to create sims and don't want some algorithm to delete them. And I don't want to have relationships randomly deleted. At least let us mark those relationships we want to keep because the game often deletes the wrong ones.
    - sims resetting their actions every time I load up the game. In sims 2 when I saved the game while a sim was sleeping, he would still be in exactly the same position when I load up the game. When they were just performing the animation to get into bed and were half way through, then they would still be half way through that animation when I load up the game. In sims4 they will be standing next to the bed when I reload, even if I didn't touch another household and not even a minute passed in game.
    - if one sim leaves the lot the others basically can't do anything except for basic needs. If you tell one sim at home to do a task, like homework or skill building, and meanwhile take another one to the park then the sim at home just stops his or her task and you have to restart it once you get home.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Quite a few things that bother me about this game. Sorry, I can't decide which one irritates me most, so I will name a few. The most irritating ones:

- situational outfits are horrible. They can completely ruin the households you are not playing.
    - culling and relationship culling. I like to create sims and don't want some algorithm to delete them. And I don't want to have relationships randomly deleted. At least let us mark those relationships we want to keep because the game often deletes the wrong ones.
    - sims resetting their actions every time I load up the game. In sims 2 when I saved the game while a sim was sleeping, he would still be in exactly the same position when I load up the game. When they were just performing the animation to get into bed and were half way through, then they would still be half way through that animation when I load up the game. In sims4 they will be standing next to the bed when I reload, even if I didn't touch another household and not even a minute passed in game.
    - if one sim leaves the lot the others basically can't do anything except for basic needs. If you tell one sim at home to do a task, like homework or skill building, and meanwhile take another one to the park then the sim at home just stops his or her task and you have to restart it once you get home.

I’d like to be able to select the style of outfits generated. All Sims could only select relevant outfits.
    I’m finding 80 Sim limit very difficult because to keep the townies I like, they must be a favourite. If you move them in, a new townie gets generated. 😩. I’m going up to 100 Sims.

Sims should be in the same place when you reload and self care options need an update. 🤞

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    -The sims’ poor autonomy. I play with it off because it’s just too frustrating having my sims constantly do stuff I don’t want them to do. It’s also really annoying when they become overly obsessed with certain activities and it’s all they do.
    -Idle animations. I hate when I tell my sims to do something and it takes forever for them to actually start doing it because they have to do a million different idle animations first. That’s why I haven’t bought Bust the Dust because I’m sure the constant sniffing would drive me crazy.
    -Constant phone calls. It’s always those stupid career ones or other sims asking to come over or “hey, I heard you became friends with your son! That’s pretty cool!”. I wish they hadn’t nerfed the party invites because I’d take that over the same sim asking my sim if they can come over 10 times a day or those stupid job offers.
    -Townie generation.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2021
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Loading screens. Disable them

I think the overall concept of no more load times/screens will never be a reality in our life time. :/ Indeed, depending on what you're doing, you might be looking at the load screen more than actually playing.

I hate load times more than anything. NES/Genesis/SNES/N64/ spoiled me. Though the Saturn was rather fast for a CD based console.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

It's not a mod I don't think. I've seen other players agree that they also have the same issue. I think maybe it has to do with travelling which is something I tend to do a lot when I play but it really shouldn't be this way. Locked whims should stay locked no matter what until they are fulfilled, I feel the issue is a bug that needs fixing.

Yes, you're right. I've also noticed it while traveling...
  • Options
    aspernaspern Posts: 18 Member
    Goofball apartment neighbours and in general random people hanging out on my property without being invited make me irrationally mad and willing to go on a killing spree.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Probably the lack of play testing. It seems like they don't test any of their content before putting it out as every single patch or pack has bugs which could've been found from five minutes in game...
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    The fact that the sims never change out of their outerwear. Why isn't this fixed yet?? It's so aggravating having to manually changing their clothes all the time. Especially if it's a party and I have to ask the guests to change into formal/party wear.