Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the one thing in TS4 that aggravates you the most?

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sims being unable to learn any magic unless they are a spellcaster. My main sim is a vampire so I have hardly played with ROM despite my love for supernatural gameplay. I wish alchemy was a skill that all sims could learn or TS4 supported hybrids.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I can somewhat understand someone (sim) being cheered up from sad when seeing something they like/love but its overdone in Sims.
    It needs to be toned down make it gradual.
    If I am sad then someone or something can cheer me up slightly but not all the way to happy completely and certainly not my wallpaper etc.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    CrazyNinja wrote: »
    sims always going straight to the computer any time they come over. it makes me so mad that I don’t even have them in my houses anymore 😂 also I agree w the phone one too!! It’s INFURIATING!

turn on lock for everyone but your sim but your sim on the computer @CrazyNinja
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,020 Member
    sims always going straight to the computer any time they come over. it makes me so mad that I don’t even have them in my houses anymore 😂 also I agree w the phone one too!! It’s INFURIATING!

I’d love to be able to lock computers like the doors and gates! 😎👍

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    channel4simschannel4sims Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! I wish we could edit the city or place objects on it at least. Sometimes I want to create specific places, but it's not possible.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Townie generation. I don't like them. They don't make my world feel complex or deep, just full of awkward strangers. It has been my number one complaint since launch that I cannot turn it off. Instead, I have to manually purge my saves and often.
  • Options
    barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    Musical chairs and the impossibility of rotational play in University.
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I really dislike this. I think it’s called “simulation lag” or something like that. Is like when you give your sim a full action queue, and then the game freezes, the queue gets cancelled, and the sim interrupts his current activity. I really dislike when that happens
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    edited May 2021
    For the people who don't like the current emotions system, if you're cool with mods, maybe give roBurky's Meaningful Stories a look. I don't use True Happiness so I can't speak to that, but the emotion changes are impossible for me to play without now.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

you can @ncisGibbs02
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited May 2021

you can @ncisGibbs02

Really? I know there was a text ‘change password’ added with StrangerVille via Paranoid trait. I never liked to press that but does that lock the computer?

Or have I missed something that was always there. 😂. If so I need new glasses. 😂

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    The endless spawning of townies. I grow tired of giving them makeovers, plus they bloat my save.

This.
    I would consider this to be the biggest problem of sims 4 for me.

and its not even the so called ugly that bothers me
    its just that these are characters with no story,
    with no relation to anything in my story
    who i didn't want to add to my world

and they are spawning endlessly on their own
    overriding my own sims as npcs and walkbys etc.
    Meanwhile I, as player, do not have choice to turn that off.

Give me control of my story. pls i beg.
    This is what I love about TS3! Every sim you see (aside from Role sims) are sims that *live* in the world. Going about their business, working, hanging out with friends.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2021

you can @ncisGibbs02

Really? I know there was a text ‘change password’ added with StrangerVille via Paranoid trait. I never liked to press that but does that lock the computer?

Or have I missed something that was always there. 😂. If so I need new glasses. 😂

I believe they forgot to mention it in the Patch that came out on 12th November 2019 so many people missed the Computer security addition but someone mentioned it on the Forum later so I only learned of it on here. Sims Wiki calls it fixed in the Patch 88 and indeed it isn't mentioned at all there. The Lock doors for different people came out a bit earlier I think.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

you can @ncisGibbs02

I believe they forgot to mention it in the Patch that came out on 12th November 2019 so many people missed the Computer security addition but someone mentioned it on the Forum later so I only learned of it on here. Sims Wiki calls it fixed in the Patch 88 and indeed it isn't mentioned at all there. The Lock doors for different people came out a bit earlier I think.

Thanks. 😎👍 I’ll have a look tomorrow when I play.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,896 Member
    Townies. I wish I could get rid of them all and not have any new ones generated. I only want to see my sims in game. Even if that means they have to play assigned roles.
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    So many things I'd want to change, but if it's only one thing it would be a greatly expanded trait system.

It's a huge step back from sims 3 which had a lot more traits, you got 5 instead of 3 and traits also affected their actions a lot more.

So I'd revamp that to actually be an improvement over sims 3 as it should have been.

Sims who have traits that make them better at learning specific skills can now master them beyond the level of other sims.
    Like a genius sim can invent things other sims can't, green thumb sims can grow the super special plants and other sims can't, athletic sims will be better at sports than other sims, musically gifted sims will earn more money and can do unique things while making music. Like really show off.
    I'd also have traits interact with each other, combinations leading to some unique results. Like what angers a hotheaded sim could be affected by their other traits. If they are lazy they could get angry if someone else sits on the most comfortable chair, if they like great food poor food could anger them, if they hate kids, they'd get angry whenever kids are yelling or otherwise disturbing them, etc.

In the base game I'd already have more traits added, with new stuff like separating nerd into sci-fi and fantasy nerd traits, sims could have both.
    I'd also add a solitary trait that acts as the loner trait should, with the Sim just preferring to do their own thing and not need company, without getting uncomfortable or shy around crowds. Let them just be the cool loner.

I'd also add a number of traits in each expansion to do with the new content, some big ones too. Like for making magic traits that give access to unique spells if a mage. Force sensitive would have been a trait in the Journey to Batuu pack, giving sims a lightside/darkside slider and able to learn force abilities, neutral powers always but some dark or lightside powers if they'd go enough in that direction.

I'd also have sims actually be neutral about most things by default instead of liking everything. At least the new dislike system helps some with that but is still too limited, I see no point in giving them a like since they already like everything by default, so I just use it to give them 20 dislikes. It;s not nearly enough, I'd want to make like a sim who hates pretty much everything save for very specific things. Like one colour, one music type and few activities.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    EA wants you to buy every pack, right?

So why don't they cater to people who buy every pack? I have every pack, so how come my NPC Sims don't have hardly any Likes and Dislikes?
    I don’t mind setting their like and dislikes, but they should have the special objects from each pack with likes and dislike..... and many are missing
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    EA wants you to buy every pack, right?

So why don't they cater to people who buy every pack? I have every pack, so how come my NPC Sims don't have hardly any Likes and Dislikes?
    I don’t mind setting their like and dislikes, but they should have the special objects from each pack with likes and dislike..... and many are missing

Many more might be included with the new pack and that would indeed, be a welcome thing for us who do buy every pack (at least all the main ones, if not the Kits) In fact if they do include "hates vacuuming" in the new pack I might buy that Kit too!

I too think it annoying that so much is free these days and no rewards for those who keep the whole game going and I don't care if Simmers keep complaining that things should have been in the Base game. It's a different game, alright?
  • Options
    IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    Some of the main animations. Compared to the other games they seem more childish and unrealistic for me. Some examples are reading a book, play a game or text with the phone (or tablet), or getting up from bed and magically the bed is made. In general the animations that make my sim look like a moving spaghetti is what triggers me most. Luckily the newer animations they make are a bit more realistic. And don't get me started on some of the walkstyles... :D
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Townies. I wish I could get rid of them all and not have any new ones generated. I only want to see my sims in game. Even if that means they have to play assigned roles.

^ This! Exactly this! It's been my number one complaint right from the beginning. However, I have found a few diamonds in the rough with generated townies. But not enough to want to keep them generating every single blessed time I open a save. It's maddening! :/
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Angry sims doing autonomous mean interractions to their family and friends, because, as they lack memory, they can't tell a difference between the people they are angry at and a random bystander. I really hate when sims come over in an angry mood and start to abuse their loved ones.
    Other: that we can't disable sentiments or childhood phases. A reall pain in the donkey, when you have kids or teens going through a mean phase and their siblings and parents will start to hate them because of bitter sentiments.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I love the Sims. I have all the versions and always enjoyed playing. The big difference for me with Sims 4 is the "worlds". They are so small you can't have the communities/neighborhoods you had in 2 & 3 which I feel made for more realistic play. I liked being able to go downtown or to Bluewater in 2 and they could be added to your base game/world. The worlds in 4 are not like other towns or neighborhoods but more like different areas in a country such as desert, rainy, snowy climates and island. I love the beauty of the worlds and all the different types of gameplay available in 4 but really miss playing in a world without interference from the others. In Sims 3 you had the option to move to a different world which was nice. But I usually played one world per save and it felt more like a true community.
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    For me, it's spam. No matter what the issue, the game spams you with it.

It's gotten to the point where the game is nothing but a relentless session of one kind of spam after another. When they come out with new DLC, you get more spam to add to the spam that the game already spams you to death with.

It's literally a game of spam. It's paying money for spam.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,096 Member
    You can set security on computers so outsiders or other household members can’t use them.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,896 Member
    Another one. I really wish the game recognized extended family members. In-Laws, step children, cousins etc.