Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch out now!

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Wonderful... The new likes and dislikes have inspired me to return to the Sims 4.

For now. 😄
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Wonderful... The new likes and dislikes have inspired me to return to the Sims 4.

Until something else breaks. :D

Believe it or not it is still my favourite Sims game. I just wish that they would fix the whim system, my gameplay relies on it a lot.

Just messing with ya, kidda. I too rely on whims. :)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited May 2021
    Man, going in to CAS to change likes/dislikes is making me realize that there are some sims I haven't played since the skintones update*, and I have a lot of work to do fixing some of the makeup.

(*Really, I haven't played much at all the last several months.)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2021
    changed some households but I'm fast realizing my bias for sims that like metal or spoopy music :sweat_smile:

i so wish there was occult activities listed for the activities though

and stuff like playing chess and reading books and cleaning and...

i gave some premades likes and dislikes though

for example i decided eliza pancakes likes and dislikes as such:

Music: Pop, Classical music (cause fancy rich ppl listen to it right)
    Activity: fitness, wellness

dislikes:

colors: Black, Brown
    music: Spooky, Metal,Strange Tunes
    activity: cooking, baking
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2021
    Likes and Dislikes are great. Meeting new Sims and dating just went up a notch for me. :)

Patch notes are out: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/990235/may-27th-2021-patch-notes#latest
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    AdiAdi Posts: 6 New Member
    I'm so disappointed with the new black hair color , in most of the hairs it looks almost the same as the black-dark blue color
    definitely not what i expected
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Sims can scoot now! Gosh, finally.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I played for 40 minutes after patching and yes, sims are eating leftovers and not cooking tons of meals.

As for likes/dislikes, I'm straightforward with it. A creative sim will like anything that requires the inspired moodlet, etc. Not really bothered about setting favourite colours/music unless someone can enlighten me to any benefits to it.

Dislikes, I'm struggling with. For example, I cannot see the point in setting rocket science as a dislike when none of my sims will be doing it anyway.

I did set piano as a like for one of the children and she did, in fact, play the piano autonomously.

Was a bit disappointed that one sim tried the woodworking table for the first time and received a notification to add handiness to her likes. Thought they would have to try something several times for that to happen.

I also noticed that there is a likes/dislikes panel in the sim profile tab (under their traits) for easy access.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Not really bothered about setting favourite colours/music unless someone can enlighten me to any benefits to it.

colors and music feels easy for some of the premades like vlad obviously likes black grey and white over other colors cause well.. have you ever seen him

eliza likes pink cause her room is full of it

but also i have sim that is supposed to be like me but the problem is i like all colors pretty much same if you put them in nice hue so lmao it would have been easier to just say likes "dark colors" and "pastel colors" dislikes "neon colors" instead of basically choosing or not choosing all of it

also music has same problem for me like for self sim? almost impossible to pick

for other sims? yeah i can't really picture vlad enjoying hiphop... or do he tho
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @Amapola76 I like your ideas for assigning dislikes. Think I'll do it that way also.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Amapola76 I like your ideas for assigning dislikes. Think I'll do it that way also.
    Me too, great idea @Amapola76

For likes, I'm not sure how to choose music.

Activity likes are easy enough, colours can be chosen from maybe current outfits or bedrooms etc, but how to decide about music?
  • Options
    SeraphielSeraphiel Posts: 1 New Member
    I just set up my Sim's likes and dislikes, which included disliking Research & Debate, and what does he go and do? He went and autonomously went to a mirror and start to practice his debating skill. Is that a bug or just something they overlooked?

Anyone else finding that their Sims are autonomously doing things that they dislike?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I tried giving George Cahill from Strangerville some likes and dislikes as I hadn't played him before. I went into CAS and gave him some outfits of all types, then found he had a rather nice official uniform there so he must be high up in some security force? It's not a usual choice there. I then made him adopt a pitbull dog to guard him and found those interactions very much tightened up and work much better now. The dog's very trainable and now runs out to greet him when he comes home from work.

He appears to have a job now too, without my having to find one for him and I don't think he was given one when Strangerville came out or was he? I'd given him likes, Research & debate, handiness, robotics and rocket science, dislikes fitness and acting and he'd been given a job in the Media.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Seraphiel wrote: »
    I just set up my Sim's likes and dislikes, which included disliking Research & Debate, and what does he go and do? He went and autonomously went to a mirror and start to practice his debating skill. Is that a bug or just something they overlooked?

Anyone else finding that their Sims are autonomously doing things that they dislike?

Could it be that it is meant and you are supposed to get some negative actions to make you have to work a bit harder or stop it before it goes too far. That might be Maxis' idea of a joke!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021
    Adi wrote: »
    I'm so disappointed with the new black hair color , in most of the hairs it looks almost the same as the black-dark blue color
    definitely not what i expected

Has your game definitely updated properly? There's very little blue for me on the new black on any of the hairs. I have noticed some colouring issues though, for example this is the same hair in grey vs the new black, the grey looks more black than the black does
    05-27-21-11-29-21-PM.png
    05-27-21-11-29-24-PM.png

Meanwhile this hair is literally identical. This sim has grey in one and black in the other....
    05-27-21-11-41-57-PM.png
    05-27-21-11-41-59-PM.png

Hoping this'll be a "work in progress" and they'll go back and improve some of the blacks that are looking a bit grey, because some of the blacks are really good whilst others just aren't there yet
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Does anyone know if the new likes and dislikes system has to be used? Like, can you ignore a prompt to give your Sim a like or dislike so that your Sim doesn't have any at all? And is there a way to remove them from all townies? I want to update, but I'm a bit hesitant to update my game since this could mess up a few of my saved games due to what I'm doing in them.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the new likes and dislikes system has to be used? Like, can you ignore a prompt to give your Sim a like or dislike so that your Sim doesn't have any at all? And is there a way to remove them from all townies? I want to update, but I'm a bit hesitant to update my game since this could mess up a few of my saved games due to what I'm doing in them.

It doesn't look like they gave them to any households, played or unplayed, which is awesome because we get to start with a blank slate. That's a big relief for me.

I believe you can also turn down any prompts to add a like.
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    edited May 2021
    Seraphiel wrote: »

I made a test sim that dislikes dancing, and yet she still danced on her own even when it made her tense, how underwhelming. But, i also made her dislike cooking, and i did notice that she avoided doing it, which is good. Maybe it works better with some activities.
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    sounds good but whatever they did. messed up being to re-enabled mods to work. I mean as clicking the mods button and it sticking as in working. Exit come back in game and it doesn't take.
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Pipersfun2 I didn't have this problem. I believe I've read that people with certain anti-virus have to add an exception to the anti-virus so this won't happen. Maybe someone else can help you with it, I've never had to do it.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited May 2021
    Pipersfun2 wrote: »
    sounds good but whatever they did. messed up being to re-enabled mods to work. I mean as clicking the mods button and it sticking as in working. Exit come back in game and it doesn't take.

@Pipersfun2 This will probably fix it:

Go to Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4 and locate the gameversion file, open it with for example notepad and check what the gameversion is.

If it is not the current gameversion (which should be 1.75.125.1030 for PC or 1.75.125.1230 for Mac) change it to the current version and save. Now the game should enable your mods.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    talongirl6 wrote: »

Upon loading into the game after the patch it didn't seem like any previously existing sims in my saves have any likes and dislikes automatically and randomly assigned to them. I'm currently loading each and everyone of them to do that manually... :D Also, the prompts during game play asking to add new likes (or dislikes) can be dismissed without adding any to your sim. So it seems like you can continue playing the game without any of your sims having any likes or dislikes assigned to them (barring the possibility of the game adding them randomly over time to non played sims as you're playing the game - something I haven't seen so far).
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm happy with the patch. Likes/ Dislikes sound really cool, and I love that you can have up to 20 of them!

However, I do wish npcs and townies could have Likes/Dislikes. I have no desire to go into every household that I don't play, give them likes/ dislikes, and then move on to the next household. Maybe if there was a way to generate Likes/ Dislikes for the whole neighborhood?

I think it would add more depth to interactions with other sims if everyone had Likes/ Dislikes, then they could talk about their different hobbies together. I'm just not interesting in manually going into each household and giving them Likes/ Dislikes....

Unless I misunderstand what they said, I'm still a bit confused about it.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    I find it funny though that everyone's talking all about the likes and dislikes, and the new hair colors, but no one has commented yet on the additional features for bunk beds that came with this update :D (like, bunk beds were so last March)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm happy with the patch. Likes/ Dislikes sound really cool, and I love that you can have up to 20 of them!

However, I do wish npcs and townies could have Likes/Dislikes. I have no desire to go into every household that I don't play, give them likes/ dislikes, and then move on to the next household. Maybe if there was a way to generate Likes/ Dislikes for the whole neighborhood?

I think it would add more depth to interactions with other sims if everyone had Likes/ Dislikes, then they could talk about their different hobbies together. I'm just not interesting in manually going into each household and giving them Likes/ Dislikes....

Unless I misunderstand what they said, I'm still a bit confused about it.

When I was playing around earlier in a vanilla save with no mods enabled, my sim asked Lilith some questions and found she dislikes the colour black and kids music. So they are being generated. They may not make sense though!