Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch out now!

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    @simm621 I think that the gurus said that the auto sofa/modular sofa feature is currently limited only to the new pack. Even in the patch notes there isn't anything said about it, so I assume there is no auto sofa feature without the DHD pack.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    After last night's promising start, I saw nothing new today except for umpteen pop-ups asking if certain sims should add a certain activity to their likes. Oh, and I think the "stand in front of the fridge to eat" bug is back.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    @simm621 I think that the gurus said that the auto sofa/modular sofa feature is currently limited only to the new pack. Even in the patch notes there isn't anything said about it, so I assume there is no auto sofa feature without the DHD pack.

I thought as much though I figured if they added the feature to base game that they would enable some base game sofas to use it. Thanks, I can stop looking now :)
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited May 2021
    simm621 wrote: »
    Bit late to the party, I only just updated and had a quick peek to see new features and have a question.
    Just wondering if any of the current sofas work with the new auto sofa feature? I have tried a few and not sure if I am doing it right. I assume it works like the counters in that when you click a certain one you see the different options. I so far have not see any. I know there are modular sofas coming with the pack but I assumed some current ones would work as they added the feature to base game.

The sectional sofas are exclusive to Dream Home Decorator for the moment I believe.

Oops sorry didn't realise there was a new page after your reply. :D
  • Options
    lexibeelexibee Posts: 163 Member
    Hmm, I see some people in this thread have been successful when assigning "dislikes dancing" to sims. Me, not so much. When testing it last night, one of my sims who hates dancing kept autonomously dancing to the music his child was listening to and it was making him uncomfortable. Like stop dancing you don't even like it! Also, one of my sims who hated the music that was playing also kept autonomously dancing to it... Frustrating...

I have yet to see sims autonomously do things they like. Gonna hop into the game today and keep an eye out. I'm really hopeful for this update, and I'm trying to cut the team some slack since I'm sure it still needs a lot of fine tuning.

I'm hoping they will also add more activity options for kids to like/dislike, since it's very limited at the moment. I have a few artsy kids who love to draw, but that's not one of the activity options? Seriously? But I guess the few options just goes to show how truly limited the child stage is in this game...

We also just need more activity options in general. Can't believe they didn't even add "reading" as an option... I know we have the bookworm trait, but still... I don't want to give every sim who likes to read a trait for it, since we only have 3 slots maximum...

Aside from that, pop-ups for assigning new likes come up too easily. One of my sims got recommended "likes fitness" because she was energized... Not great.

Also I noticed that when I told my sim to drink water, he grabbed it from the fridge and immediately washed the glass without drinking. Annoying, but at least I haven't come across anything devastating... Yet... Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I assigned a like and dislike to the premade sims I didn't delete from the start of my game. I wish there were more likes and dislikes for our sims but it's a good start. I hope to see more things added for our sims to like and dislike. Different foods different places, different venues activities etc.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    I find it funny though that everyone's talking all about the likes and dislikes, and the new hair colors, but no one has commented yet on the additional features for bunk beds that came with this update :D (like, bunk beds were so last March)

Good point. tthe likes and dislikes get all the attention at the moment but the bunk bed update is nice two. My only complaint is the way single tile desks slot to the bunk bed. It would have been nice if a single tile desk would be placed completely under the bunk bed when slotted perpendicular. Now it's just slots in the middle where a regular two tile desk would slot. But that's just a detail. Bunk beds are way more versatile now. :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    simm621 wrote: »
    Bit late to the party, I only just updated and had a quick peek to see new features and have a question.
    Just wondering if any of the current sofas work with the new auto sofa feature? I have tried a few and not sure if I am doing it right. I assume it works like the counters in that when you click a certain one you see the different options. I so far have not see any. I know there are modular sofas coming with the pack but I assumed some current ones would work as they added the feature to base game.

The modular sofas are exclusive to the new game pack releasing on Tuesday.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    They forgot knitting.

I wanted to pick knitting as a favourite hobby and I can't.

Yeah, I wanted to pick that for one of my sims, and archeology for another, but can’t pick either 🙁
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    logion wrote: »
    They forgot knitting.

Do your sims have to know the skill before they can select that they like or dislike it?

I don't know, but the sim I was picking it for already had some knitting skill.

They also didn't include chess.

And the baby portrait colours have not been fixed.

Or any of the other games except video games. No horseshoes, ping pong, etc. but I guess they really aren’t skills like knitting but still hobbies.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    They forgot knitting.

Do your sims have to know the skill before they can select that they like or dislike it?

I don't know, but the sim I was picking it for already had some knitting skill.

They also didn't include chess.

And the baby portrait colours have not been fixed.

Yeah, I was looking so forward to my babies being fixed..... but they aren’t
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'm getting popups asking if I want to add a like or dislike to random npc townies in Forgotten Hollow that I have never played. Didn't even create them, they're game generated.
    Perhaps all Sims have to have likes/dislikes even unplayed.
    It might be that’s how the system needs to work, all Sims need to be involved? 🤔

Probably, but why is it asking me about none played sims? Just assign them automatically! It's going to get annoying fast if it keeps happening. I don't care if Pearshaped McFashionista likes the jogging they just did or not lol

Yeah, might be a bug because I'm only getting popups for my played sims.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I'm getting popups asking if I want to add a like or dislike to random npc townies in Forgotten Hollow that I have never played. Didn't even create them, they're game generated.
    Perhaps all Sims have to have likes/dislikes even unplayed.
    It might be that’s how the system needs to work, all Sims need to be involved? 🤔

Probably, but why is it asking me about none played sims? Just assign them automatically! It's going to get annoying fast if it keeps happening. I don't care if Pearshaped McFashionista likes the jogging they just did or not lol
    I know when they make changes it’s universal and it might need to be adjusted. I’d rather only my played Sims had likes/dislikes.

Please can I use the name Pearshaped McFashionista 🥺?. I love it! 😂.

Lol go ahead and make sure you show us the beauty that is deserving of that name :D
    Sure will do. 😎👍

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    This hair color!! Loveee it

x0Mjy09.jpg
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    jlafasojlafaso Posts: 14 New Member
    Is anyone else experiencing an issue when you have multiple sims and all of sudden you can select a different one but not control anything they do? Also the side where all of the actions come up isn't showing it's just a see through part. I'm not sure if it is a mod issue or something to do with the patch. According to everything I have checked, all my mods in game are updated or compatible with the patch.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    jlafaso wrote: »
    Is anyone else experiencing an issue when you have multiple sims and all of sudden you can select a different one but not control anything they do? Also the side where all of the actions come up isn't showing it's just a see through part. I'm not sure if it is a mod issue or something to do with the patch. According to everything I have checked, all my mods in game are updated or compatible with the patch.

Sounds like a mod conflict. Do you have anything that changes the interface or adds buttons? Might be something like that.

I experienced a random crash when traveling. It was my detective traveling back to the station and I got stuck in an endless loading screen.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    pandie00 wrote: »
    This hair color!! Loveee it

x0Mjy09.jpg

I love this swatch especially, it's nice to have a good "white" swatch, a massive improvement over the old silver-white.

05-29-21-5-44-01-PM.png
    05-29-21-5-44-02-PM.png
  • Options
    MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Is it just me, or has anyone else had a glitch where their teen won’t age up with a cake? Tried to age or up today and she just wouldn’t do it 🤔.