Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch out now!

Comments

• Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    They forgot knitting.

I wanted to pick knitting as a favourite hobby and I can't.

Please bug report that. That one would bother me too.

I'm avoiding the patch until the main mods that I used get updates, which is sad because I really want this patch...

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    I was napping waiting for update and i had dream that they added like 20 new punk haircuts and new tattoos and alternative wear and such and i was like YES YES YES YES THIS IS AWESOME

soo... yes updating now
    i dont think it will be that
    would have been sweet tho
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    logion wrote: »
    They forgot knitting.

Do your sims have to know the skill before they can select that they like or dislike it?

I don't know, but the sim I was picking it for already had some knitting skill.

They also didn't include chess.

And the baby portrait colours have not been fixed.

SimGuruJill said during the livestream that you should not spend all CAS points in likes/dislikes at once because you could discover more, she did not go into detail but I assumed that maybe you have to unlock some of them.
  • Options
    MagicaCatMagicaCat Posts: 124 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    MagicaCat wrote: »
    Has the cooking but not eating bug been fixed, anyone?

Yes! The first thing I checked. Also got like for it

wdneGDT.png

Yes! Thank you! And congrats 😂❤️
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like that brown so much!!

JRDeQF6.png
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    They forgot knitting.

Do your sims have to know the skill before they can select that they like or dislike it?

I don't know, but the sim I was picking it for already had some knitting skill.

They also didn't include chess.

And the baby portrait colours have not been fixed.

SimGuruJill said during the livestream that you should not spend all CAS points in likes/dislikes at once because you could discover more, she did not go into detail but I assumed that maybe you have to unlock some of them.

I assumed this meant that if you didn't give your Sim a like in CAS (for example fitness), but you found you are repeatedly having them work out, then you would get a prompt asking if you would like to add fitness to your likes.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

The way she phrased it was a little unclear, but my understanding, based on the example she gave a few minutes after that, was that you could unlock some through gameplay, not that there were specific skills that could only be unlocked through gameplay. E.g., you could give your sim the cooking like, or you could just see if they get the pop-up when they are actually cooking.
  • Options
    Has something terrible happened to the patch notes? Have they been ordered in a Dine Out restaurant ;) ?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Has something terrible happened to the patch notes? Have they been ordered in a Dine Out restaurant ;) ?

I hope not cause that means we aren't getting any. :D
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

I've never understood why they aren't posted at the same time the patch releases, the mind boggles.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Patch notes posted
  • Options
    Finally cooking/leftovers fixed. And resetting toddler inventories - but who believes this?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Finally cooking/leftovers fixed. And resetting toddler inventories - but who believes this?

And the over powered inspired buff from Bust the Dust. This is such good news.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Balanced bust the dust inspired moodlet when clean, also a new thing that sims can leave early for work. What a patch. :o
  • Options
    SusanaLeoteSusanaLeote Posts: 36 Member
    They forgot to fix the gardennig bug ...
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited May 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not sure what happened to this lady in the patch

oh-no-oh-no-oh-no-oh-no-oh-no.png

Unfortunately it's not just the icon itself, some sims teeth end up being black due to a graphrical error I assume due to the true black swatches, if one of those icons look like that. Thought she had no teeth.

:#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    Well this is practical. I don't remember anyone in Tuesday's life stream mentioning this but hovering over a likes/dislikes category causes a tooltip to list your choices.

lUAEb42.jpg
  • Options
    Oh lol, here too :)
    r2GqOtZ.jpg
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Ha, they made a few fixes that I was especially concerned with and now I'm considering updating.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited May 2021
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Really?!? I go out of CAS to post these images and leave my sim alone for just a minute and I come back to this :D .
    OyOvQSN.jpg

"Does she want to take this opportunity to dislike cooking?" :lol:

I haven't had a chance to update my game today, so thank you everyone for sharing! Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow!
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited May 2021
    "His new hair color is so awesome!"
    "Dude, I've never seen it before. My grandma says she hasn't too, and her great grandpa said same thing when we called him from urn."
    *snaps pic to show off to friends

5NmbCHQ.png
    Post edited by Wolfium on
  • Options
    Zimz4 wrote: »
    Really?!? I go out of CAS to post these images and leave my sim alone for just a minute and I come back to this :D .
    OyOvQSN.jpg

"Does she want to take this opportunity to dislike cooking?" :lol:

I haven't had a chance to update my game today, so thank you everyone for sharing! Looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow!

He*

But yeah, I was surprised he didn't get an immediate dislikes fire preference :D