Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Onverser wrote: Β»
    I don't get the hype around likes and dislikes. I play the Sims 3 and they don't impact the game or sims personalities, at all. All it does is give occasional moodlets like "this sim is happy as they're listening to their favorite music/eating their favorite food" and that's it. It doesn't expand personalities at all in my opinion and it's exactly the same as the existing traits giving moodlets like "this sim is happy as they're a bookworm reading a book"

I'm really hoping it will affect their autonomous choices at least. Like I hate seeing my Music Lover Sims Dancing, DJing, and participating in Karaoke. Maybe if I make them hate these things, I'll stop seeing them at those places. I love seeing them digging live musicians, playing instruments, and listening to the radio though. I don't know any RL musicians who want anything to do with Dancing, DJing, and Karaoke. Those things are jokes to musicians. And hopefully I can make it so they will autonomously listen to Jazz, Americana, Blues, Latin, and METAL instead of Kids Radio, Pop, etc. But we'll see how it actually changes gameplay. I really, really hope it does.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I don't get the hype around likes and dislikes. I play the Sims 3 and they don't impact the game or sims personalities, at all. All it does is give occasional moodlets like "this sim is happy as they're listening to their favorite music/eating their favorite food" and that's it. It doesn't expand personalities at all in my opinion and it's exactly the same as the existing traits giving moodlets like "this sim is happy as they're a bookworm reading a book". Sure it's nice to have but it's such a trivial feature and I don't get why everyone's acting like it's game changing

I am intrigued, how would you expand their personalities.

The reason why I am personally looking forward to the likes/dislikes is that I think they make a sim more unique. I loved the memories in sims 2, they did not impact gameplay but did make premades and sims more unique.
    I was also happy to hear that this also will impact sims autonomous behaviour, not just adding a moodlet. To me that does make them more unique again.
    I hope that makes sense?
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I'm very excited about the update: Likes/dislikes AND new hair colors! <3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I don't get the hype around likes and dislikes. I play the Sims 3 and they don't impact the game or sims personalities, at all. All it does is give occasional moodlets like "this sim is happy as they're listening to their favorite music/eating their favorite food" and that's it. It doesn't expand personalities at all in my opinion and it's exactly the same as the existing traits giving moodlets like "this sim is happy as they're a bookworm reading a book". Sure it's nice to have but it's such a trivial feature and I don't get why everyone's acting like it's game changing
    But it adds liked/disliked activities this time as well. It might affect their behaviour. Gotta wait to find out.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    edited May 2021

I'm not very good at decorating, so the favorite color gives me a hint as to how to make it look. That's pretty much all it does for me, though.

ETA: I guess my unpopular opinion is that I don't want The Sims to be too hard. Especially given how nightmarishly difficult the first game was. And the second game was still very hard, although I still love it. (Part of the reason I found it so hard was due to my playing style, but that has to do with personal information that I'm not sure would be allowed here.)
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    @SuperCoolRachael I'm excited that we'll be getting these in an update(I think the favorite colors too, but the hair, likes and dislikes are definite.)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,972 Member

I never noticed any moodlet when a Sim ate their supposed favourite meal. The "Enjoying Music" moodlet got a boost when it was their favourite radio station (e.g. +30 as opposed to +20 when it's a top-quality stereo) and that was literally it. The favourite colour and favourite food have literally no bearing on the game.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Mareah wrote: Β»
    But it adds liked/disliked activities this time as well. It might affect their behaviour. Gotta wait to find out.

That's true. Saw some of the screenshots and they do seem considerably better than the favourites system in 3
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    What should be in base game.. I see red.. Sorry..
    this and that "should be in basegame" BUT IT IS NOT.

Get over it. or play the game what has it in base game.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    TS2 is way better than TS4.
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I hate those who excessively scream about a feature that the game doesn't have, but when it comes, they complain that it took too much time or that it isn't 100% equal to the earlier games.

Here here! :D

My unpopular opinion is: I only want farming for the chickens. Horses? Don't care. Tractors? Blah. Plants? Could live without. But chickens?????? YES.

Cows would be grand too. o:)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I hate those who excessively scream about a feature that the game doesn't have, but when it comes, they complain that it took too much time or that it isn't 100% equal to the earlier games.
    My heresy: If a thing existed in previous iterations of The Sims, that doesn't mean we're entitled to that thing in the basegame of the current Sims.

*applauds wildly* πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2021
    I dislike dollhouses and remove them as soon as my toddlers age up to children.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • Options
    edgy_princessa_edgy_princessa_ Posts: 26 Member
    @matheus_mar_1999 I 100% agree with this. It's uncalled for & beyond frustrating.
  • Options
    SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I actually liked my sims having long talks while eating, that was the whole point of Dine Out, then the patch came out and then... :/
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't want werewolves, but if it will make other people happy why not? I just won't buy it.

I don't care for farming, but if it's the next expansion pack then I guess it's ok. I'm hoping more for a Generations something pack.
    Post edited by jpsulsuldagdag on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I actually liked my sims having long talks while eating, that was the whole point of Dine Out, then the patch came out and then... :/

Same. I'm not a fan of the faster eating, it's to fast now. Faster showers are nice though.
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2021
    Too many people on this forum seem to forget that it is more than just them playing the game. And that as much hate and negativity that they direct toward the game, toward the gurus, and toward EA that some of us have enjoyed the game to date (for the most part) and will continue to for some time. Some of us appreciate the work that the Sims Dev team continue to put into the game and we hope the certain folks on the forum don't deter their desire to do create more content for the game and communicate with the community.
    My heresy: If a thing existed in previous iterations of The Sims, that doesn't mean we're entitled to that thing in the basegame of the current Sims.
    How is that an "unpopular opinion"? *looks at other threads on the forums* Oh wait...
    I mean I agree with you but still that shouldn't be an "unpopular opinion" but um, yeah...
    I think you nailed it.
    Jyotai wrote: Β»
    The only 'death' for social media is to be ignored.
    I'm not sure ignoring social media would results in its death at this point.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

β€œI have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Too many people on this forum seem to forget that it is more than just them playing the game. And that as much hate and negativity that they direct toward the game, toward the gurus, and toward EA that some of us have enjoyed the game to date (for the most part) and will continue to for some time. Some of us appreciate the work that the Sims Dev team continue to put into the game and we hope the certain folks on the forum don't deter their desire to do create more content for the game and communicate with the community.
    How is that an "unpopular opinion"? *looks at other threads on the forums* Oh wait...
    I mean I agree with you but still that shouldn't be an "unpopular opinion" but um, yeah...
    I think you nailed it.
    Jyotai wrote: Β»
    The only 'death' for social media is to be ignored.
    I'm not sure ignoring social media would results in its death at this point.

This is what I think as well, especially the first quote. I speak up sometimes to try to be a polite counterweight. I'm all for the release of content that makes those crowds happy but not when it means excluding content that others enjoy or completely changing the game into something that I won't want to play. I also think that the developers are trying to listen, I've seen a lot of improvements. I've also seen changes that I didn't really want that were definitely for other people. It's annoying if those people just continue to complain, especially if that is criticizing how others play.

I'm glad that the game continues to get updated. Honestly, I'd like to keep playing with what I've got but I'm interested in seeing what's next.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    So tired of hearing "but this and that are missing from likes/dislikes!! LAME"

Come on, it is a FREE update, and even in patch notes it is said as "our first sweep of Like and Dislike categories ..."
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    So tired of hearing "but this and that are missing from likes/dislikes!! LAME"

Come on, it is a FREE update, and even in patch notes it is said as "our first sweep of Like and Dislike categories ..."

I just read right after commenting elsewhere that cleaning should be an option to like/dislike :p . I realize it's just the first sweep. I like to mention them in the hope they'll be ones added later and not to moan :)
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I already put an unpopular opinion on here, but I have another one now. I don't really like how they did the likes and dislikes system, so I haven't updated my game yet. I think that they could have implemented it as an optional thing instead. From what I've seen so far, it seems like you can't prevent townies from having likes and dislikes, which messes with some of the challenges I'm doing in some save files. I like the system in general, but not having the ability to turn off the likes and dislikes (at least for townies) in certain save files is a bit annoying.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,466 Member
    I already put an unpopular opinion on here, but I have another one now. I don't really like how they did the likes and dislikes system, so I haven't updated my game yet. I think that they could have implemented it as an optional thing instead. From what I've seen so far, it seems like you can't prevent townies from having likes and dislikes, which messes with some of the challenges I'm doing in some save files. I like the system in general, but not having the ability to turn off the likes and dislikes (at least for townies) in certain save files is a bit annoying.

Would asking for a like/dislike toggle not be the same as asking for a traits toggle? πŸ€”

It doesn’t have to mess up your save. Best to go into CAS and delete the likes/ dislikes for those townies before you continue to play.
    Problem solved! πŸ˜‰

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top