Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    I don't see the hype in bands or farming related packs. A band pack will just be repetitive gameplay. Great, you can watch your sim learn an instrument, play it the same 5 songs, and play at "concerts." Woo. A farming pack will just be more things to plant (expanded gardening skill) and if we do get any farm animals, they'll just be objects.

I agree, and you know a farming pack would be filled to the brim with country aesthetic that we have so much of in the game already.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't see the hype in bands or farming related packs. A band pack will just be repetitive gameplay. Great, you can watch your sim learn an instrument, play it the same 5 songs, and play at "concerts." Woo. A farming pack will just be more things to plant (expanded gardening skill) and if we do get any farm animals, they'll just be objects.

Exactly, I really don't know why people want farming as a pack. It's just going to be more gardening, and if we get animals, they'll just be restricted to small pens.

Bands I kind of see, because I miss the drum kit. Like if they extended to have more instruments (such as trumpets, clarinets, flutes, xylophones etc), then maybe I'd be interested. Would much rather Fairies, Genies or Werewolves before I get a "band" Club. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021

Exactly, I really don't know why people want farming as a pack. It's just going to be more gardening, and if we get animals, they'll just be restricted to small pens.

I want farming but i won't be sad if we never get it. But... i only want it if it has animals. I want chickens, cows, pigs and horses, at least. If it's only about gardening, i'm really not interested in a farming pack...
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »

I want farming but i won't be sad if we never get it. BUT... i only want it if it has animals. I want chickens, cows, pigs and horses, at least. If it's only about gardening, i'm really not interested in a farming pack...

I can understand that, farm animals would at least leave me inclined towards purchasing the pack. But knowing EA/Maxis, it'd just be another gardening expansion, with little to no gameplay and as another commenter said above me, with more country aesthetic decore.
    Maybe we'd get chickens, but they'd probably be similar to the "grub" boxes and just stay inside their coop, maybe venture out, but that's about it. I doubt we'd get pigs, cows, goats or sheep.

And then it raises the issue of what are we doing with the animals, are they being raised for meat or dairy products? That'll peeve off the people who are against farming livestock for meat or other produce, nothing against vegans or people who support animal rights, but we know how overly passionate some of them can get. Especially given the more recent arguments about Alien abductions and whether or not pixel people can give consent. :-/

On top of that, I don't think the game would be big enough to even host half of the things that come with a farming pack i.e: large fields for ploughing, large farm equipment or large livestock. Admittedly horses would be nice since I miss them from TS3, but I can certainly live without them, besides they'd probably be a bit like brooms and bikes, which are kind of useless in the close neighbourhoods.

Sorry went off the rails there.
    Post edited by halloweenchild on
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don't really want bands or farming in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I'ld rather take werewolves and heists.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I feel so validated finding out it’s not just me who’s sick of the country aesthetics! I hope they’d set the farming pack in an Asian or Mediterranean countryside instead of another state. That’d be enough for it to be worth getting for me.

At first, I really really wanted farming too. But now I’m not so sure. A friend and I were just discussing this yesterday. We’re pretty sure the sims team would water the pack down so hard in fear of being cancelled for tentatively “offensive content”. And it’d turn into a My First Petting Farm with new harvestables. I hope to be proven wrong.
  • Options
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    I feel so validated finding out it’s not just me who’s sick of the country aesthetics! I hope they’d set the farming pack in an Asian or Mediterranean countryside instead of another state. That’d be enough for it to be worth getting for me.

At first, I really really wanted farming too. But now I’m not so sure. A friend and I were just discussing this yesterday. We’re pretty sure the sims team would water the pack down so hard in fear of being cancelled for tentatively “offensive content”. And it’d turn into a My First Petting Farm with new harvestables. I hope to be proven wrong.

Same, I'm hoping for more Asian decore/clothing themes as well, loved SE for it. Also wouldn't mind more different themes outside of "Americana", like maybe something that leans more Celtic?
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Same, I'm hoping for more Asian decore/clothing themes as well, loved SE for it. Also wouldn't mind more different themes outside of "Americana", like maybe something that leans more Celtic?

So true. I’d gladly welcome anything that’s not distressed or shiplapped or gothic farmhouse
  • Options
    orenjiAi wrote: »

So true. I’d gladly welcome anything that’s not distressed or shiplapped or gothic farmhouse

Would love more gothic furniture! But I agree, I'm pretty over the distressed, upcycled looks of the most recent packs.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    I do not like to have farms in game. Gardening I like (when it works) and is enough "farming" for me.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2021
    I really hope the next GP isn't bands. 🥴
    I hope it is musicals with jazz instrumental instead actually. That way Sims can really perform with song and dance and run a band of all types.

If we get a husbandry back I hope in general we stop getting western oriented packs and it is set somewhere in Asia.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    It's possible to want more family play when playing with supernatural sim families.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I don’t care about a Generations type pack. It was my least favourite pack in Sims 3. To me it felt like lots of nuisances (non stop pranking toilets that teenager did and the creepy imaginary friend), rabbit holes (like proms) and visuals that did not add gameplay (pimples, cane).

I know lots of people loved it, but to me it felt so empty... I am a family player, but somehow I felt like it did not do enough. When it does get released, I am happy for all the players that wanted it, but it is very low on my list...same with bands, which I believe are the next GP unfortunately
  • Options
    trineloetrineloe Posts: 37 Member
    I would like the Sims team to focus on a few B&B basegame updates: like, WHY is there only (basegame) 1 toilet paper holder-thingy, 1 hand soap, 1 toothbrush holder, no dish soap, no dish brush, no unusable toilet bin and brush?! Like, let my sims be clean with more style when doing basegame only (and in general)!

I know, I know ... people want more gameplay, I get it ... I can just download CC ... But like, cleanliness is happiness, let me be a germaphobe in the Sims as well, lol. It shouldn't be that hard to put in the game!
    Gallery ID: trineloe
    ~~ building life ~~
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021

Same. I don't see what farming would add as a pack? Other than cows for milking and chickens for eggs what exactly is gonna be there? The amount of content a farming pack would have is a game pack at maximum if there's a world, or even a stuff pack. The farm pack in 3 was the equivalent of a stuff pack..

Also I'd rather have something like Showtime rather than just bands, that's not enough to be a full pack imo
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited May 2021
    Moodlets are not game play...

I think this is why Sentiments and Lifestyles are falling a bit flat for me game play wise. All they really do is give my sims moodlets. Moodlets do nothing for my game play beyond giving me a little icon to read. I think this is also why I don't care for mods like the Slice of Life because all they really do is affect my sims moodlets and I don't actually see what's fun about reading a moodlet. :/

I agree. I would prefer if sentiments actually unlocked special interactions with unique animations or properties or something. Like, Abigail once got the "Awed by a lifesaving hero" sentiment when Axel put out the fire she decided to douse herself with. I kind of excepted that she would be able to thank him but nope. Other time Axel got "Betrayed by cheating" sentiment since Abigail autonomously flirted with someone (to this day I don't know with whom, their scarecrow?) so I expected he'd be able to confront her about it but nope (not that he would have since he's guilty of doing the same). All they do is give them moodlets. Boring and a wasted opportunity.

I mean, one time Axel autonomously saved his neighbor who he despises. No sentiments were gained then at all but imagine if there was something akin to "awed by a lifesaving hero" (maybe more like "grudging respect") which then unlocked interactions which allowed them to quickly bond over this little mishap even though they don't like each other. Cuz I'd imagine having your enemy save your life rather effectively endears them to you. But nah, in reality her response to being saved was to try and scare him (failed) while he decided it was a good time to fight her (lol).
    Yes, I know I can simulate situations in the gameplay myself but I still think the sentiments are a missed opportunity which could have really spiced up the game in fun ways.
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • Options
    Thrior wrote: »
    Moodlets are not game play...

I think this is why Sentiments and Lifestyles are falling a bit flat for me game play wise. All they really do is give my sims moodlets. Moodlets do nothing for my game play beyond giving me a little icon to read. I think this is also why I don't care for mods like the Slice of Life because all they really do is affect my sims moodlets and I don't actually see what's fun about reading a moodlet. :/

I agree. I would prefer if sentiments actually unlocked special interactions with unique animations or something. Like, Abigail once got the "Awed by a lifesaving hero" sentiment when Axel put out the fire she decided to douse herself with. I kind of excepted that she would be able to thank him but nope. Other time Axel got "Betrayed by cheating" sentiment since Abigail autonomously flirted with someone (to this day I don't know with whom, their scarecrow?) so I expected he'd be able to confront her about it but nope (not that he would have since he's guilty of doing the same). All they do is give them moodlets. Boring and a wasted opportunity.

Yeah, Sentiments and Lifestyles are left feeling hollow. Like my sims will get into "festering grudges" with people they've met only once, or a toddler or child sim will hold onto a grudge for their entire life because of a perceived slight. Reminds me of the quote that people are always saying to the Bowler Hat Guy from Meet the Robinsons "I don't think you've thought this all the way through." Which is starting to feel like something we should be saying to the Guru's, heck I think it's something they should start saying to themselves, like sure, it looks and sounds good on paper, but in the execution, it falls flat. :neutral:
  • Options
    Mr_JoyMr_Joy Posts: 13 New Member
    I want an app that makes Sims 4 mods (traits, aspirations, etc) and something similar to the Sims 3 CAW.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited May 2021
    Speaking completely from my own game play view: I don't want story progressions (especially if they start affecting my own created sims) and I don't think that fear and wants are needed that much for my game play to consider them a must have. But there is also another thing: if fears and wants existed from the beginning I don't know if I would be thinking the same as now, but now I wonder how they will be integrated into gameplay and my existing sims, will I suddenly discover that the sim whom I have headcanoned to be so and so is not the sim I thought them to be? The sentiments and lifestyles already doing that to some degree.

Also don't care much for cars and open world. I mean, I do think that a celebrity leaving from an award ceremony on foot looks a bit silly, if you think about it, but we have bikes and in my game they are a nice decorative item and nothing more...and with open world, why would I want the whole neighborhood coming to my sim's house to wash dishes? (because i just know given a chance they will.)
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Speaking completely from my own game play view: I don't want story progressions (especially if they start affecting my own created sims) and I don't think that fear and wants are needed that much for my game play to consider them a must have. But there is also another thing: if fears and wants existed from the beginning I don't know if I would be thinking the same as now, but now I wonder how they will be integrated into gameplay and my existing sims, will I suddenly discover that the sim whom I have headcanoned to be so and so is not the sim I thought them to be? The sentiments and lifestyles already doing that to some degree.

Also don't care much for cars and open world. I mean, I do think that a celebrity leaving from an award ceremony on foot looks a bit silly, if you think about it, but we have bikes and in my game they are a nice decorative item and nothing more...and with open world, why would I want the whole neighborhood coming to my sim's house to wash dishes? (because i just know given a chance they will.)

I completely agree on story progression and cars. Story progression in sims 3 ruined the game for me. I play since sims 1 and love rotational play with lots of sims. I tried to like sims 3 for the open world so bad, but it made my way of playing near impossible so I kept getting bored with my saves. If they ever come up with story progression, I hope you can truly and completely turn it off.

Cars as well...I don’t see the value. I am not against them per se, but if it takes too many resources to have them then I would rather see these resources used elsewhere
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited May 2021
    I hope you can truly and completely turn it off.

Me too, I also play a rotational game (currently 90 sims and I plan to have as many as the game will allow without culling). I enjoy building my own world in the sims, so it develops and progresses according to my own creativity.

And as much as I like to be surprised by the game, I don't want the surprises to be things that would change the core of the sims that I'm playing. I don't want my sim couple who suppose to not want any children, suddenly having 5, a happily married couple getting a divorce. A sim that lives by themselves getting 5 cats and 2 dogs or marrying to Don Lothario. I want all of it to be my own choices, because I already have plans and stories for all the sims in my game and while sometimes I do incorporate "happy accidents" (love interests,etc.) it doesn't happen often and I don't need a code drastically interfering in the progression of this aspect of the game.

If I started to play the game with story progression already implemented, I don't know if I would have the same opinion, but as it is, it's too late for such a huge change, I'm very much into the world, the characters and stories that I've created as they are.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I dislike speculation and look towards the real thing.
  • Options
    TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    I liked TS3 more than TS2 and I like TS4 more than TS3 & TS2.
    Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I really hope the next GP isn't bands. 🥴

Yay! 😄

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top