Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited May 2021
    Unpopular opinion: I think it's pointless to add non-binary pronouns to the game unless the team is planning on making an option for sims to be tagged/flagged as non-binary in CaS, similar to how there's already options to flag sims as male or female. Blanket-changing she/her/he/him to they/them is binary erasure, you can't erase one's preference to satisfy another.

Edit: I feel like people are willingly misinterpreting what I wrote, I'm not against non-binary options being added to the game, far from it, I would LOVE for it to be an option alongside binary sims. What I'm against is a blanket text change without the CaS option, this is where it feels like disingenuous pandering and virtue signalling.
    I'm sorry if I offended anyone, this wasn't my intent.
    Post edited by halloweenchild on
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    So tired of hearing "but this and that are missing from likes/dislikes!! LAME"

Come on, it is a FREE update, and even in patch notes it is said as "our first sweep of Like and Dislike categories ..."

It's the Sims - nothing will ever be good enough for this whiny, entitled community.
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    Unpopular opinion: I think it's pointless to add non-binary pronouns to the game unless the team is planning on making an option for sims to be tagged/flagged as non-binary in CaS, similar to how there's already options to flag sims as male or female. Blanket-changing she/her/he/him to they/them is binary erasure, you can't erase one's preference to satisfy another.

I mean, no one wants to erase the binary genders, there just should be added an option to choose a sim's pronouns
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

Come on, it is a FREE update, and even in patch notes it is said as "our first sweep of Like and Dislike categories ..."

It's the Sims - nothing will ever be good enough for this whiny, entitled community.

This opinion is popular with me!

The new black hair is fine, I don’t think it’s possible to have a completely solidly black hair and still convey texture or any kind of definition. There needs to be some highlight color to achieve that. Besides I often find things that seem like a big deal in CAS aren’t in game because I’m not looking at them so close up or in isolation at that point.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited May 2021

@halloweenchild

No one - I repeat no one - who is asking for non-binary pronouns is asking for anything but a third option in CAS.

I see the argument you are making a lot, and I think that it is the epitome of a straw man argument, and would like to see one person who takes the opposite view as you.

I still want the game to address my ladies as ladies, I just want the option.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021

I get it's free but it's just too bad that devs always leave things half-baked... for those of us who have all packs or almost it is disapointing to see that we can't do that unique sim we're dreaming of cause all their hobbies are not there. I'ld get if one or two hobbies were missing, but so many?
    Anyway i hope they add more in the future, from future packs AND the one's from the past packs too...
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »

I get it's free but it's just too bad that devs always leave things half-baked... for those of us who have all packs or almost it is disapointing to see that we can't do that unique sim we're dreaming of cause all their hobbies are not there. I'ld get if one or two hobbies were missing, but so many?
    Anyway i hope they add more in the future, from future packs AND the one's from the past packs too...

Because actually with all dlc included this game is huge now, and I know not all players have all dlc, but the devs do. So I’m not at all surprised that they missed several hobbies and I believe they will add them in over time in updates.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »

Because actually with all dlc included this game is huge now, and I know not all players have all dlc, but the devs do. So I’m not at all surprised that they missed several hobbies and I believe they will add them in over time in updates.

Well, i hope so... but 4's history doesn't tell me that, several features/systems were left unnatended. I hope i'm wrong though...
  • Options
    BookBear wrote: »

@halloweenchild

No one - I repeat no one - who is asking for non-binary pronouns is asking for anything but a third option in CAS.

I see the argument you are making a lot, and I think that it is the epitome of a straw man argument, and would like to see one person who takes the opposite view as you.

I still want the game to address my ladies as ladies, I just want the option.

This is what I want too, I'm not against adding a non-binary option into CaS, I'm just against a blanket text change and nothing else. I really don't know how else to express that, without people jumping on my butt thinking I'm against Non-binary options.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options

I mean, no one wants to erase the binary genders, there just should be added an option to choose a sim's pronouns

That's what I want, I don't want a blanket change, I want options. I'm not against having options.
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member

Just because something is free doesn't mean you can pass off all the bad points of it. Likes/dislikes was a great feature and idea that was implemented lazily. If you wave it off with, "It was free" it will keep being done.
  • Options
    NoTalent wrote: »

Just because something is free doesn't mean you can pass off all the bad points of it. Likes/dislikes was a great feature and idea that was implemented lazily. If you wave it off with, "It was free" it will keep being done.

My unpopular opinion is that it’s not cool to say a feature was implemented lazily when you likely have no idea what it takes to implement it at all.
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    So far I wasn't impressed with the likes and dislikes and improvements they made to the traits. A clumsy sims will always stumble and fall, a neat sim will always want to clean, book worm will always be walking with a book. Which seems cool at first but then they all end up still feeling the same because there is no varying degrees of how much a sim wants to clean or be a prankster. And what will the likes and dislikes do exactly. My sim can say what they like and are more autonomously able to do more things. But what does that do for game play really? They get tense or get happy? Is that all?
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I like Fitness Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Maybe 3/4ths of the time, if not more - I think the random townie generator does a decent job of dressing my townies, and about half of what I see in the 'fashion police' thread looks normal to me.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    So far I wasn't impressed with the likes and dislikes and improvements they made to the traits. A clumsy sims will always stumble and fall, a neat sim will always want to clean, book worm will always be walking with a book. Which seems cool at first but then they all end up still feeling the same because there is no varying degrees of how much a sim wants to clean or be a prankster. And what will the likes and dislikes do exactly. My sim can say what they like and are more autonomously able to do more things. But what does that do for game play really? They get tense or get happy? Is that all?

I've noticed that liked activities increase fun and i've heard that disliked activities decrease fun. It could be more fleshed out but it's something... im ok with. What im not ok is with so many hobbies missing, both from dlc and the base game. They should have used all club activities. If we can have a club specialized in a number of activities we should be able to like any one of those activities...
  • Options
    L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    -Get Together is the best EP
    I agree! Well, second best after Cats and Dogs.

I don't think Judith Ward's house is super ugly.

ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    doggers123 wrote: »

neither do i! well, the inside is gorgeous, but i dislike the outside.
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    The only things that give me interest for a farming pack are horses and more harvestables, I'm not a fan of farming gameplay
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I like townies just the way they are. :)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    doggers123 wrote: »

I like Judith Ward's mansion and I didn't realize that's an unpopular opinion. It has a great view and it's a classic Old Hollywood house. If someone wants, you can play the house like you're in the 1930s/40s/50s. I've been playing Judith as if she's the daughter of famous actors, now famous herself. She was born into her fame and can't relate to ordinary people. She also doesn't know how to live a regular life.

Her house also implies that a leading man or several have left her in the past. This means that when you start playing her, she's been left alone with a terrible reputation. Obviously there's a modern celebrity that she alludes to for those who want to play that way. I just play her as her own character not really a reference to anyone person but hinting at diva actresses from history. I also think she's fun because she's a great worker and she's kind of inwardly tough. She's a great character, I think, and I immediately had fun while playing her.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    @ChampandGirlie , very well said :)

Unpopular opinion: I may give Judith another chance now.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Obviously there's a modern celebrity that she alludes to for those who want to play that way. I just play her as her own character not really a reference to anyone person but hinting at diva actresses from history. I also think she's fun because she's a great worker and she's kind of inwardly tough. She's a great character, I think, and I immediately had fun while playing her.

Now I'm curious. Which celebrity is this?
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited May 2021
    Obviously there's a modern celebrity that she alludes to for those who want to play that way. I just play her as her own character not really a reference to anyone person but hinting at diva actresses from history. I also think she's fun because she's a great worker and she's kind of inwardly tough. She's a great character, I think, and I immediately had fun while playing her.

Now I'm curious. Which celebrity is this?

I'd say Joan Crawford.

My unpopular opinion is that by amount of content, functionality, and graphics, the sims 4 is the best sims game, and yes it may not have some content thato ther games have, or the content may be kind of empty or lacking in some cases, but it still has revolutionary technology and amazing potential. It doesn't need cars or horses, it has the best tech and programming out of all of them. The amount of skin tones (and the fact we can alter their lightness/darkness), the ability to move entire rooms, the amazing alteration ability in cas (I'm referring to the ability to drag out things like eyes/noses/etc. individually), as well as abilities such as multitasking or queueing tasks.

I stand with this statement to the grave.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    @ChampandGirlie , very well said :)

Unpopular opinion: I may give Judith another chance now.

Glad to hear this, have fun.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top