Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    When Fate Lends a Hand

Erik awakened to the grayness of the early morning, the dull sunlight creeping like fingers of fog through the bedroom window. Checking the clock, it was closing in on 7 AM. Glancing around from the top bunk he could see both of his brothers, Aaron and Joey, were already up. Immediately, he untangled himself from the bedsheet, crawling backwards until he got to the ladder. He quickly showered, shaved and brushed his teeth. He remembered he had very specific plans for today. He needed to get going before the day left without him. Erik very much desired to record his songs. To do this he needed lots of Simoleons. Just the cost of renting a studio, alone, was §5000.00. With everything else entailed to publish the album, he would also need an additional §2500.00. He made the decision to go to a public venue and sing for Tips. He went to bed unsure of just which place he should go. Where he was likely to find the most Sims. Oddly, this morning, he found himself strongly inclined to head on down to Magnolia Park in nearby Willow Creek.
    As he walked down the pathway, toward the center of the park where the fountain was, he nearly gasped. There sitting alone at one of the chess tables, was the One. Instantly, in his gut he knew he would marry her one day. Who was this vision? Gorgeous, with long blonde hair. Why do you seem so familiar? He surmised he must have dreamt about her, or something. Seen her around — somewhere.
    dtHRbYv.jpg
    Before Erik could even find his tongue to speak, having every intention of introducing himself to her and get her phone number, should he be so lucky, she got up and walked off. She just — left. Erik felt as if he'd been kicked in the stomach. Wait, come back I promise I won't bite.
    Finally, the sleepy sun threw off the cloud-coverage and the morning became brighter. This brought more Sims to the park. Erik warmed up his voice and then started to sing for tips. The crowd came closer and many started showering him with Simoleons. At first just a few, later on as the caliber of the crowd changed, some donations were in the hundreds. The hundreds? I need to do this more often.
    ntayav4.jpg

Discovering through his Simstagram and SimTok accounts that he was now considered a Notable Newcomer, Erik decided to double down. He seemed stuck between that first star and the next one. So, he decided the next day to spend more time at Orchid A Go Go, a lounge where Sims tended to collect together, to show-off his talents. This also on the advice of his neighbor, Thorne Bailey. Erik brought George along, his trusty drone. He would stream his karaoke singing as he emoted to the Sims in the lounge.
    Things started off quite well. The Sims drew near him and really seemed to be listening and more importantly, enjoying what they heard.
    rJIsyVN.jpg
    Suddenly, it dawned on him just who the one Sim, front and center, was. Bryanti Cho, no way. He left the karaoke machine to see if she might give him an autograph.
    7uxgLmw.jpg
    Erik started up a Meet & Greet immediately and who should walk in? I'm not going to let you walk away, this time.
    "Hey, I saw you at Magnolia Park the other day."
    "I thought you looked a little familiar."
    vkvBSsl.jpg
    Full of emotion at that moment, Erik couldn't control himself. He used a Flirty Introduction on her, hoping to capture her attention. "That's quite an outfit you're wearing. Erik Cantrell, at your service, ma 'lady."
    HUyK6eG.jpg
    Your wish is my command. My, but you're hot.
    "Ah, Kayleigh — Kayleigh Golden. Is it, is it … warm … in here?"
    HmgbpQK.jpg

After a few more gigs for tips, Erik had enough to rent the The Studios, Ltd. Through his research he learned this one was his best bet. The crew was great and helped walk him through the process. Erik had polished the dozen songs he'd written while in Middle School on up to his Second Level in high school. Rewording them to have them make better sense with a more lyrical quality to them. He also wrote three brand new songs, polishing them on up to the night before. He was pleased with his work, and using his own songs was far less expensive. He didn't owe anybody royalties for their use. The crew seemed impressed, too, which also made him happy. Recording was a multi-tracked process. He laid down the first vocals, then he did his own harmony where needed, which was an entirely different track. Later on, music was added. This would all be 'mixed' together to get just the right sound. Occasionally, Erik would stop them and ask if he could do something over again. Directing them in what he thought would make an improvement. The crew was flexible and treated him with the respect deserved for taking charge of his own sound. Suffice it to say, it took hours. After a long day that ran into the afternoon and far into the early morning of the next day, Just Erik, was complete. Erik gave it a good listen. When he was satisfied no more changes were needed, he released it.
    Erik was now a Rising Star. Two stars down, three to go.
    g8s0LeV.jpg
    He wrote another song and released it to the Cloud. This, plus his now fast-rising first album, pushed his HitBeats straight to 100/100. He was now receiving calls from a Music Management Company, Tayegeta inviting him to hold concerts. They offered him a cool §10,000.00 per concert. Erik was quick to realize he likely needed an Agent. He made that top of his list for the next day. His first concert brought along with it Paparazzi. One even joined him on stage. Erik tried not to let her presence bother him too much, focusing, instead on the music.
    6CPyCOL.jpg
    As he got into the zone, it was as if she wasn't even there.
    WIkQTfl.jpg
    Finally, he finished the set. He busted a move to end it.
    qBoo8X9.jpg

After this first concert, the Cantrell family went out to dinner to celebrate Erik's Moment. Kayleigh was invited along. They traveled over to Brindleton Bay to dine at the Old Home Restaurant. It looked very much like a log cabin, reminding Erik of the house they now resided in. Seems his great-granduncle had influence over the Valley.
    rKqdub7.jpg
    Erik was very attracted to Kayleigh, but he held off asking her to be his girlfriend, preferring, first, to get to know her better. Hugs weren't out of the question, however. She did seem to be the huggy-prone Sim. Erik didn't mind. Rising Stars needed hugs, too.
    uUxXsjg.jpg
    Later, after the meal, the family took their guest home. The Goldens lived in Willow Creek. A nice sleepy town, full of fabulous, ancient Weeping Willows, winding creeks and an overall wholesome feeling to it. Kissing Kayleigh goodnight in front of everybody was off-putting, so Erik simply blew her a kiss, figuring this was harmless enough, but allowed her to see he liked her, a lot.
    iogKKlg.jpg
    When he got back home, while he was planning tomorrow's strategy, he quickly texted her. 'Enjoyed our time together. Hope we can get to know each other better, soon. ~Erik'
    Setting his phone aside, he showered and brushed his pearly whites before crawling into the top bunk.

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    When Fate Lends a Hand
    Later, after the meal, the family took their guest home. The Goldens lived in Willow Creek. A nice sleepy town, full of fabulous, ancient Weeping Willows, winding creeks and an overall wholesome feeling to it. Kissing Kayleigh goodnight in front of everybody was off-putting, so Erik simply blew her a kiss, figuring this was harmless enough, but allowed her to see he liked her, a lot.
    iogKKlg.jpg
    When he got back home, while he was planning tomorrow's strategy, he quickly texted her. 'Enjoyed our time together. Hope we can get to know each other better, soon. ~Erik'
    Setting his phone aside, he showered and brushed his pearly whites before crawling into the top bunk.
    [/Spoiler]

All for now. Thanks for reading! :)

All those times you've told your love, "I wish we could go back, meet, fall in love, and do it all again."
    Well, you can do it in the Sims. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @mlnov39 Those scenes of Grim are wild! And I love the mascot graduation outfit.

Thank you lanlyn
    Yeah, Grim can be sweet sometimes and even childish, but sometimes he's quite creepy.
    The mascot totally surprised me. I've had a few graduations, the mascot never did this before.
    It was funny to watch.

• Options
    @minov39 Yeah, it's turning out like this this go-around. And your statement made me all weepy. LOL No worries, if I got better sleep at night I wouldn't get so mushy. :p Thanks for the comment. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Posted earlier today, but decided to play in my other save files.
    I have two save files that are a mixture of Sims I downloaded from the gallery from series I like, and Sims I created on a whim. I played one family from each save file for a bit, so that they would be on the same day I last played them.
    One more interesting game play today was with Marshal from Animal Crossing. I downloaded him from the gallery and moved him into an Animal Crossing inspired house that I also found on the Gallery. He came with some skills, and I found him a job based on those skills, before i had finished playing him for the first time, I got some of his job requirements done.
    Today, I decided to play him, and he was heading to work, and running a bit late. He was late, because I have him see a season premiere of a show at a bar. When he returned home, he didn't have too much time, but ended up sleeping a bit past his work schedule. When he was at work, a chance card popped up, the scenario was that there was no one at his work to cater to a big celebrity. The options were that Marshal could do the catering himself, and lose his job, or give it to someone else, but stay in the job where nothing changed. I had him take the job himself, where he got fired, but he became friends with Judith.
    He was miserable when he got home, but I had him buy an instrument, and a computer with the little money he had left, and after practice and writing jokes, he aced his new job in the Entertainment career.
    He met up with Judith later on, and I had him flirt with her, where she was pretty receptive to his advances. However, Marshal is always super tired and kept passing out at her house. Judith ended up sleeping on one couch, and he slept on another. He then woke up, flirted with her some more, and they took a selfie, and exchanged numbers. After which he fainted and fell asleep again.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Operation "Get The Mascot!"
    Octavia returns to The Rattlesnake Bar the next day and is happy to find the mascot
    behind the bar. His name is Branden Carrington. So she decides to sit down and order a drink...and
    casually introduce herself, but he said he remembered her from the dorm.

zNqaNAA.png?1
    W8STmPN.png?2
    After a while his shift replacement showed up, so Octavia asked Branden to hang out for a while.
    She was happy he said yes. They talked for a while then rang in the New Year with the bar crowd.

WT2nqRG.png?1
    For the next few days they spoke on the phone and on Octavia's day off she invited
    him over to her house. They confessed their growing feelings for each other, had their first kiss
    and he became her boyfriend.

xRkF5Of.png?1
    After a couple of days Octavia knew what she wanted and proposed marriage to Branden.
    He said, "No, what's the rush? Let's get to know each other better"

70YuQ6j.png?1
    Octavia felt the sting of rejection but knew Branden was right. She dove into her work and continued to
    date Branden.

One evening he called her and asked her out on a date. They were cloud gazing and everything was perfect when
    her sister, Kimberly, showed up, waved hello and promptly dropped dead.

Po5oWQ2.png?1
    RkDp3cf.png?1
    I wasn't expecting the date to tank, but tank it did when Branden said,
    "Well, I guess this is goodbye? Um...don't call me, ever." and walked away.

:'(:o:s
    Post edited by mlnov39 on
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    mmkay take 2 I'm annoyed I sometimes twitch a little an my mouse has a couple extra buttons that said twitch can press I was already done with this so I'll make it smaller this time but so I don't forget about it.
    PLfCLhf.png

So been trying out streaming and decided to bring back a couple that got a bad run when ts4 first came out as my computer was not good for it, after a few updates I got it working for a bit. They wouldn't get another try until just before get together came out I think it was, they got a run in ts3 and started in ts2, when they gave out the UC. John and Christina Mole, so I did their makeover and the reno of this house originally Yuma Heights and here is some of their nonsense.

He's an investigator or something in ts2 and isn't very trusting of most people so his family is always his everything, Chris usually stays at home but she's a style influencer now and I cheated them what they should have.
    XIrMvnG.png
    When he finally willed himself out of bed she joined him for his morning workout, for some reason he didn't have to work, like when kids age up too close to school beginning and don't have to go.
    Bw13baT.png
    John doesn't like being without Christina and hoped he'd be working most of the time so he'd be distracted he worked out for a few hours then paced around the house and settled for doing some online shopping on plopsy. As soon as she walked in he called her upstairs to see what he picked out for her of course she loved it he knows her well.
    aDLD3Oh.png
    He was thrilled to find out she was pregnant even though he was disappointed he wasn't.
    wyHK3BS.png
    Then it was his turn.
    um4O5GQ.png
    And she got to be excited so my hubband and wifey get to be preggo together cause why not they are loving that way, usually when they are brought back in each game their first born is always a boy I name Max and his siblings are random, in ts2 he only had sisters and 3 he had a sister and a few brothers the first time around waaaaaay before toddlers he had a brother too so we'll see what it is this time we have two chances to get Max back.

So yep.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Diego Lobo was sad. Sadder than he'd ever been in his life, in fact.

The woman who'd turned him into Sims Today Magazine's "Hottest Man Alive" with her way she had of inspiring and bringing out his masculinity, the love of his life, and oh by the way his lawfully wedded wife, passed away quietly in her sleep. As extended as her physical fitness had made her elderhood, nobody is immortal unless the Watcher says so, and the Watcher didn't say so.

He now had to consider the funeral arrangements. Sure, he could have Addyson cremated and keep her as a macabre bit of memorabilia, but he was scared of ghosts and besides, trapping his love in permanent limbo just for some evening socialization was counter to his religious beliefs and to every value he held dear.

But bury her in the Watery Grave? Alongside dead aliens, the dregs of Sim society, the worst of the worst of those the Watcher deemed unworthy to live? That seemed an even greater insult to her memory.

Diego went through his mail. Bill...bill..."forward this to five soon-to-be-ex-friends and you'll get a million Simoleons, break the chain and your nose will fall off and your hands will shrivel up and turn green"...bill...what's this?

It was a letter from the Society of the Ancients, that shadowy cabal that had its hands in plenty of weird stuff around town but was best known for its public face as the curators of the Honored Dead Cemetery in Willow Creek.

"To the next of kin of Addyson Dangelo, we are proud to inform you that due to the exceptionally meritorious life Ms. Dangelo lived in her time on earth, she is eligible to be buried in the Honored Dead Cemetery. Her remains will be interred alongside those whom the Watcher has called to live in eternal paradise in the next life. Please call within the next 48 hours to reserve your beloved's place blah blah boilerplate boilerplate sincerely Peter Jacoban, Society of the Ancients."

Diego made two resolutions that day.

The first was that he would see his beloved so honored and make the necessary arrangements without delay.

The second was that for the rest of his own life, he would try his very best to be worthy of burial alongside her when his time came as well.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    FlewingFlewing Posts: 95 Member
    Well. The savefile I've been working on for about three weeks suddenly broke and every build I did was gone.
    That's what happened in my game.
    :)
  • Options
    Flewing wrote: »
    Well. The savefile I've been working on for about three weeks suddenly broke and every build I did was gone.

How frustrating, sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    The Premade Cavalcade continues...

Raj Rasoya had been developing quite the reputation around San Myshuno. Not only was the food he made as executive chef at Five Waters the best Punjabi food this side of Amritsar, but if you could score an invite to one of his dinner parties, you were guaranteed to walk away with not just a full belly but a downright religious experience from the food he served to his private guests. Everyone who was anyone was at those parties. Bogey Humphrey, Nataliya Bernard, Nicolette Stafford...and the "Aluminum Chef" themed party he'd thrown with Jessie Charbonneau and guest mixologist Steve Garamonde? It was rumored that some people who ate at that party never again needed to eat for the rest of their lives, so permanently satisfied were their stomachs. And why would they want to eat again? They'd only be disappointed by mere plebeian cuisine after that.

His mother Geeta was as renowned as her son, though less for her cooking and more for her wonderful hospitality. She was born in the old country and told such wonderful stories of the subcontinent that India's tourism ministry should've hired her to do their marketing for them.

It was at one such party that Geeta met a special guest. He introduced himself as Vasyl Shevchenko, and his thick accent betrayed his Ukrainian origins. The two hit it off, becoming fast friends, she telling tales of life in the aftermath of the British Raj, he telling stories of the fall of the Soviet Union, both bonding over the new lives they'd made in SimNation as immigrants. They even joked about how dumb it was that the citizenship test expected them to know so much about the genealogy of the Landgraabs all the way back to medieval Tredony, but then again, the ruling families do make the rules.

After the party wrapped, Vasyl invited Geeta over to his house, and she couldn't help but notice that the elaborately-decorated bedroom, seemingly modeled on an Amsterdam red-light district, was the next room over from a state-of-the-art gym right out of uptown San Myshuno. The two worked out together, Vasyl encouraging Geeta to reach her limit on the treadmill.

"Oh, Vasyl, I'm so tired," Geeta said. "Let's go to bed, hmm?"

Bed was exactly what Vasyl had in mind...although only he would get up after their woohoo. The Butcher of Kharkiv had claimed another elder, and the graveyard, ever hungry for souls, would be fed once again this autumn night.

When the news came, Raj wept. His friends came by to comfort him, and it helped a little, but it was later, when Raj was drowning his sorrows in juice at the Waterside Warble, that his mood at last began to take a turn.

She walked over concerned. "You've been in here three days straight now, and I've never seen you look up from your glass. You OK?"

Raj grumbled a bit, but he was secretly glad for the company. "I will be. I just lost my mother."

"Oh, that's terrible! I'm so sorry! Anyway, I'm Martha Madison. I'm here if you want to talk, just a friendly stranger."

"Raj Rasoya. And thanks."

Raj opened up a bit. He told the stories his mother had told about the old country, and in his imperfect mental state, he let slip that she'd always wanted him to settle down but he hated flirting and the whole dating thing and...

"Oh, I'm sorry, Martha, I hope I'm not boring you."

"Not at all. Although I don't really know what it's like to be awkward at flirting. I love to flirt with cute guys...like you."
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Little Fabia aged up from a toddler into a child!

XRxdzzX.png

h08DqLp.png

To celebrate her aunt Arya took her for her first skiing session:

eNxygGo.png

Although Arya is too skilled a snowboarder to stay on the bunny slopes.

4bxTYRK.png

It just so happened to be the day of the Snow Festival as well, so there was much fun in the snow and selfies with Yama-chan :D

FuX8wic.png

dr5z1Aa.png

yORFADV.png

And lastly a quick trip to the onsen before going back home! So relaxing.

CgAnN5A.png
  • Options
    Flewing wrote: »

Oh, I'm so sorry. I've gone through that way too many times. Just had to restart the TEST save because I upgraded a mod, but apparently it didn't install quite right and threw away 13 albums and 8 songs my Global Superstar had completed prior to getting married. I discovered this problem when he came home from his honeymoon and published what should have been album 14. He licensed the new song he wrote, too and instead of having 9 songs from which to choose, he only had the new song … Rolling back a save left him in the same place. Once you save, it can go kawblewey. All this to say, I feel your pain. Check your TRAY. That's where the builds go, all may not be lost.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    My save has been acting weird too...I better make a backup.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    The 'Roadhouse' and Other Such Mishaps

Erik finished up the last of the album and decided to release it. This made his fourth release. In many ways he felt as if he was on fire. Certainly, the bug for fame had him by the throat. When he got home it was still early enough to call Kayleigh and ask her out. She had texted him during his session at The Studios, Ltd. earlier in the day. He gently begged off, wanting to get this album out. He was almost a B-lister, he had to give it everything he had. Since he had never heard of this Roadhouse place, he surfed the Web. Asked around. Finally, he found a listing for The Roadhouse Bar & Grille, located in Willow Creek. By the address, he realized it was very close to Kayleigh's house. Okay, all right. Roadhouse, it is. Stepping into the small bathroom adjacent to his Music Room, which was really a converted bedroom, to brush his teeth, nature called. So he sat down to do his 'business'. Erik was wholly unprepared for what happened next. Obsolete antique toilet! he growled to himself as he grabbed the wrench from underneath the sink. No wonder Dad keeps this here.
    2B3YfE4.jpg
    Erik was soaked and likely quite smelly. I'll get whichever one of my siblings thought this would be funny, and that's a promise.
    Realizing he wasn't very handy and the 'fix' was taking hours upon hours, upon hours, he was now glad he hadn't called Kayleigh, yet. No need to back out on a date that clearly wasn't going to happen — at least not tonight. By the time he finished polishing the toilet to perfection, he emerged from his private 'den' to hear a lot of shouting, mostly from Adrian.
    "Erik can stay out to all hours doing exactly what he pleases, but if I create my own style of art I get the what for! It's not fair. You're mean!" Adrian ranted.
    EeEu94T.jpg
    "That's enough, young Sim, it's Time-Out for you. Go, go sit in the Music Room and think about how disrespectful you've just been," Louise said, pointing toward the door Erik just came through. He shook his head as his Baby brother glared up at the Teen. "Looks like you forgot about the 'Honor thy father and thy mother' bit, eh, Bro? Unwise."
    "SHUT Your Pie HOLE, Erik. Nobody asked you!"
    Adrian sat down with a huff.
    wQsYaj0.jpg
    "You can't keep me here, you only think you can." Adrian quietly clucked to himself. He left the room after only twenty minutes had passed. When Louise caught him, she Grounded him. "No music for you for an entire day! That's twenty-four hours, starting now," she said glancing at her wrist watch. "I'll teach you to defy me."
    Adrian pretended to take the stairs, but snuck right back down again when his mother went into her bedroom. He watched silently from the overhang upstairs.
    So, you think you can make me. I'll show you whose boss.
    opMp2D5.jpg
    Adrian then began to plunk at the keys. Double-handed scales.
    When Louise came out of her room into the livingroom, she gazed directly at Adrian, but said nothing as she headed into the diningroom.

After hearing his parents talking in the room just down the hallway across from the Music Room, suddenly Joseph Cantrell was calling for him to join them. Adrian swung his legs and slowly got up from the piano. He was in no hurry to answer the call.
    "You wanted to see me?" His tone wasn't exactly respectful. Joseph got out of his chair to stand in front of his youngest son. I've been here three times before. Just because this one is an early-starter, doesn't mean he's not challenging my authority. Nothing new here.
    "So, you broke Time-Out and now you're breaking your Grounding. Do I have the facts correct?"
    iYTdZkZ.jpg
    "Yeah, the way I see it, you and Mom don't have the right to hold me to Time Out or to a Grounding, either."
    "Really? What about the fact that we're your parents. We feed you, we clothe you, we see to your education and well-being. You know we brought you into this world …"
    "So? Does that mean you're going to hold that over my head my entire life? I didn't ask to be here, you know."
    "I'm so very sorry you're having such a rough life. We do our best, you know. You kids have always come first. Always."
    37xBhJ3.jpg
    "Are you done pontificating, yet. I have to go pee!"
    "Go, but when you come back you owe your mother an apology."
    "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

A few days later, Erik phoned Kayleigh. "Hey, Kay-Kay, I feel so bad about the other day when you wanted to go out to that place. Are you free this afternoon? Great, I'll swing by and pick you up, say about three-ish."
    "It took some doing, but I finally found this Road-thing you said you wanted to go to. Shall we go in and get out of this heat? Guess summer has finally hit. Phew, it's hot."
    SWHG5iO.jpg
    A Sim came up to them, fanning herself and carrying on at the sight of Erik. Suddenly, she sidled to the pavement.
    5v3Qywv.jpg
    "Sorry 'bout that. They come out of nowhere, sometimes."
    "No need to apologize. I think it's sweet. They love you, you know."
    The Sim came to and Erik smiled. "You okay, you kind of hit the sidewalk hard. Here, this won't fix it but it might make the pain lessen." With that he whipped out a pen and signed his autograph.
    qFdiVCx.jpg
    The two went inside. The place was crowded, stuffed to the gill. Erik was instantly uncomfortable. They sat tentatively at the bar, he was hoping to be seated at a table, but there was nowhere to request a seat. Shrugging, he decided it was more of a bar and less of a grill place. He didn't like it and very much decided this was his first and last visit to the place. The two took a seat at the bar. Erik ordered drinks, Cream Soda, for them both. Another fan was at his elbow. "Go ahead, Erik, it's all right. You're a Rising Star, it's to be expected. Go on. I'll be right here."
    Erik got up, but his seat was taken almost before he was out of it. The place was that full. Also, he discovered by the time a whole bevy of fans plied him for autographs, there were no empty seats at the bar. Glancing over his shoulder, he grew concerned and then vexed. Kayleigh was engaged in a conversation with another Sim. She seemed to be enjoying his company, in fact. Not on my watch.
    L0AXX37.jpg
    Before Erik could collect her to leave, the unthinkable happened. Everywhere he went these two fellas, Obsessed Fans, followed. Not content to have him nod his head in their direction, acknowledging their presence, no, they had to suddenly strip off their clothing! If that wasn't bad enough, neither one seemed prone to bathing.
    "Come on, let's get out of here I don't like this place," he said,
    1JtiKhr.jpg
    "Oh, my gosh, Erik he's naked! I've never seen that before — I don't have any brothers!"
    lseyYM3.jpg

"I'm really very sorry, Kayleigh. Why did you want to come to The Roadhouse? I should have investigated it more."
    "The Roadstead," Kayleigh corrected him. "I said the Roadstead."
    "What? I've never heard of that either. Dang. Now I'm really sorry."
    "It's a clothing store on the Magnolia Promenade. I thought we could do some shopping."
    "Shopping? Ah, hate to have to say this shopping really isn't a guy's thing."
    "No? I just thought you could use some help in the wardrobe department. You're hot and all, but your clothes aren't making the Sim they way they should."
    "What?"
    "Take your shirt, for instance. It's got holes in it."
    "It was made this way and took three weeks' allowance for me to purchase."
    "Well, I'm sorry, you big dope, but you simply have no fashion sense. Let me help you, please. I'm begging you. You're a Rising Star. You need help."
    "Only if you consent to be my girlfriend," Erik smiled slyly.
    "I thought you'd never ask."
    "Okay, seal it," he said, leaning toward her."
    eX0ebjH.jpg

1Lwsnh6.jpg

All for now! Thanks for reading. :)

Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Octavia is heartbroken, she has lost her soulmate.
    She tries to keep herself busy by going
    to a local hangout and to the GeekCon festival with her siblings & friends.
    No one seemed interested as she went on & on about her romantic problems.

oX7eXfI.png?1
    ZIJj6Vh.png?1
    After waiting a few days she went to speak with Branden
    and officially break up if that is what he wanted. He surprised her by declaring
    that he missed her and loved her. After discussing their situation Octavia decided
    to propose again.

fQP064h.png?1
    OtLwN8k.png?1
    These soulmates are now spending as much time together as they can, while
    waiting for their wedding day.

Ds0mK38.png?1
    eRVlRAQ.png?1

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Welcome to the wedding of Branden Carrington & Octavia Suzuki-McGhee.
    cf6aNoC.png?1
    263KVgm.png
    phlU9nq.png
    bC65COK.png
    6A3kNaW.png?1
    Octavia got her mascot. ;)
    qWA3aRC.png?2
  • Options
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    cf6aNoC.png?1
    263KVgm.png
    phlU9nq.png
    bC65COK.png
    6A3kNaW.png?1
    qWA3aRC.png?2

Gosh, that looks like my Aaron Cantrell. LOL
    8Wrx1Q3.jpg
  • Options
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    cf6aNoC.png?1
    263KVgm.png
    phlU9nq.png
    bC65COK.png
    6A3kNaW.png?1
    qWA3aRC.png?2

Gosh, that looks like my Aaron Cantrell. LOL
    8Wrx1Q3.jpg

Your Sim's face is a little more chiseled, but yes, they do look alike. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Branden & Octavia have decided to postpone their honeymoon vacation since he is
    currently finishing his studies at the university. They were not expecting other delays.
    Guess what, love!
    VUmR8Ri.png?1
    qos7XGc.png?1
    u3DvMdN.png?1
    Twin boys, Alexander & Brody.
    NmlNjdr.png?1
    It's your turn, Branden!
    RYcfC5U.png?1
    TvmwQH4.png?1
    vlyEnrr.png?1
    I have some news, honey.
    38qELdZ.png
    You two are so cute!
    rVfTmTe.png?1
    5YQdzLN.png?1
    You two don't slow down!
    EveyPsa.png?1
    I thought, "I'm tired. I'll exit the game when she gives birth to her twins," cause they always have twins.
    iOxKgfW.png?1
    Meet Cooper, Dennis & Ethan
    Oh well, there's a first time for everything! :D:/
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Raj and Martha's relationship developed in fits and starts. A romantic woman and an unflirty guy might be the greatest odd couple this side of Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon, but between getting to taste his cooking and bringing out his love of good woohoo, Martha loved the mercurial chef enough to keep him around. He was certainly unlike any other guy she'd ever been with for sure.

Meanwhile, Raj never quite understood why his girlfriend kept giggling and smiling whenever he did something nice for her, but he loved the attention even if it made him uncomfortable sometimes. What's more, her willingness to hoover up everything he cooked and complete lack of shame about the weight she gained dovetailed nicely with his unabashed preference for the kind of girls who made the rockin' world go round.

They were at the park on a cold winter day, the snow gently falling, when he dropped a bombshell into the conversation...

"I was wonderin' if, uh, you wouldn't mind marryin' me very much."

Of course she accepted. And when the wedding ceremony was complete, Raj turned to the officiant and said "You done real good. I'm proud of you. OK. Things are gonna be great."
    Post edited by ACruelButLovingGod on
    (he/him)
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I quickly aged up Fabia to a young adult (I wish there was more of interest to the teenage years).

feozPO7.png

She moved into her own house in Mt. Komorebi.

BxC5j1c.png

First thing she did was go hiking where she met a forest spirit!

7LlQH40.png

xWFXRYb.png

I have her go hiking a lot. She seems to enjoy it :D

Zizw1Dq.png

And then it's back to the slopes to complete her Extreme Sports aspiration.

V0IEBjD.png
  • Options
    Super Dave Lembeck finally proposed to Jessie Charbonneau. She'd been waiting so long, and when she asked him between the engagement and the wedding "what took you so long", his reply was such an encapsulation of their generation that she couldn't help but laugh.

"Did you want to marry a guy who lived in an apartment full of rats and buzzing wiring that was smaller than a closet? I wasn't ready for married life yet. Thanks for sticking around until I was."

Happily, his fortunes had gotten quite a bit nicer since those early days when he was a glorified waterboy and she was an ambitious college student. For one thing, he had a much nicer apartment, one so nice that Jessie sold her house in Willow Creek and moved back to San Myshuno, where she'd grown up, and into a nice apartment in a good building. Their neighbors were Judge Rodney Nixon and his writer wife Veronica. They were movin' on up to the east side, to a deluxe apartment in the sky, and what a view that deluxe apartment offered when the fireworks went off at the Humor and Hijinks Festival.

Of course, having an All-Star athlete and a world-renowned celebrity chef under one roof meant that not only were the financial barriers removed from married life, but they could even start a family, and it wasn't long before Jessie turned up pregnant.

She'd kept her maiden name upon marriage because it had become a brand as much as a mark of the family she'd been born into, but she and Super Dave agreed that the children would bear their father's name, as was tradition. They had a son on the way any day now, and the question now became what they would name him.

"How about Hassan?" Super Dave proffered.

"Hassan Lembeck..." Jessie paused for a second, then shot Super Dave the dirtiest look she'd ever given him. "I am NOT naming our firstborn son after a Pinky and the Brain reference."

"Fine, then. How about Super Dave Junior?"

"Nice, but he should be his own man, shouldn't he?"

"Hmmm...true. How about Jonathan? I've always liked that name."

Jessie smiled. "Jonathan Lembeck. That does have a nice ring to it..." A twinge rocked Jessie's pregnant belly, sending an unmissable message. "And not a moment too soon!"
    (he/him)
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    I haven't spent a lot of time playing recently, but did work a little bit more on the Maxis Courtyard Home I downloaded.

The downstairs storage room was perfect for a sauna.
    y4mERS-xib-BIX5qSRnM5OQp_d8xWRZS5NZd7OEtYEEGAtZkAH5o8suhBGu2-jPJNGOxERqWXkzjtOG-bmZe_fTQMIxRp_5Uh79gpokMkMml5Z3_5W8kPEk1tqfPZ7hawP0bU0JlcSLmgeiVmivfFRstZ7vu6A_m90GP3W-YQ-TYFMljLXlmYVygC0UoCerXVX3?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4mXjaC8CokyylAVhAzP4m10OheJgPqL242C73R3g9UIjA7CzSvqjAdcvMGyVDzcTHUDKWU0hSxcqbFeshrSj7snSko-3C5aWb61ZreyqbNcAYTCbPVWVZrQZniAKpnZrev3DZ_dpPopHkP-e-bwMEZoopbVUqyzeMdMsLIFvTfHie_k9E5KXMrlhaEke6Eow6_?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4mZVEJO8mPdPyLcE7txslaXn8cwya2Rb5HHDpApHiLLkB2nBI8t0fIv02_F9afTNeUty3kDVzPsle7dXn6JwNe3a8omZWGR3BU5HiSDkVOoh56id9z3zsO_kakrXlAhF27YvMAC8wbw0v50fh5kGxFz5QRZrip1VkFLejENuVeHFDIe5fwiUKDAUPQfZCzH74P?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    y4m58EtMpX4-WCKFYy8bheuahB1KtjsfSSwow4C0M8pd0KUQ22lgOrOiC-dBkLIUaJ6DfiFHD7kI6mUWNeKR2Lob6vfSzTByjG3H2jr9cexblnwHRee6mORHN4_md_-4EKypxcPSAf8Mi-I8x7py4GgeLsm-EqLIW4t3TghkjSGvvkuyRAOes5UHQJmHs3MRCy8?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    I also put in a laundry room upstairs.
    y4mZDoW2mt--7wxXllA7qlmLEFb738q7ND2G0vvnQZSZLGUWcy-nMIHF5B7jtYEfvcCXOD7NGDPNH-Cah8rE5Y7_FQ9_sLaTKyvUmiq7_ZXl_ZevA1AYellzKdSp_SpadZO6y4VGr3lE3scd0Ow4bI7NzXsWEHP1aJkVSga2H5rbVMwk4K8G7aaq_5eXNtd5Kc4?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    And I simplified the library/den. Took out 3 book cases, added rockers and other décor items; exchanged sofas and chairs.
    y4m7Osg1KIfgqAgBDw53Hmk5ef27hIrLJKo_JB-8AJ4JDtTE5OyklznTj4Sa9ezZw401HloPfaHlx56mWdWIaKSM46GO-6l4-mCmTT2tXP4wto8cthOKnyQwasa5fMJ3p4n4fp4BW8hpBdqNbBI4ef_XdqQYhWLoROs0LQ-qoOMLg0JDeyqS2yvG_JURsZqxlWW?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
    These spoiled sims need jobs!
    y4mCrpY_wlZB2jOG92ydm7wyYHuacfU2KFRAjUvhLhDK9i8Pt_ZPaXIXdUwsCK08GIvX1Zljvq0nwCoxLE01AyJeWTFRYdDJYEzpI7ZBChmQhpOa81Z3MCWe2jTRzV8I1QfcRguA2LWpiILqxWtoxVZf5dqssDntkTpLAIXuOKIEqiSEAB669cg8h1qebMslMy2?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    edited May 2021
    @DoloresGrey Loved the patio and spa pics. Beautiful decorating.
    @mlnov39 Awesome that Octavia got her mascot! Fun story.
    @amber_ilumire I enjoyed all your snowy escape screenshots. Cute family.
    @GalacticGal Great dialogue, especially about Erik's lack of fashion sense. Sweet how he asked Kayleigh to be his girlfriend.

Edit: forgot to add:
    @RedDestiny92 Great storyline of the wife and husband both being pregnant together!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top