Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    “You want me to go to the kitchen? Sure, let me just find my keys!” *drives through the wall*
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    LiebeslottchenLiebeslottchen Posts: 69 Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > I like the hijab. I think it makes my Sims look pretty and elegant.

This is not an unpopular opinion.
    This is:
    I hate the hijab and I hate the burkini too.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2021
    Random unpopular opinion after trying to do new interiors for CL Landgraab apartment for 5 hours straight

failing over and over again to make layout that makes any sense:

I would literally rather build 10 home exteriors than build Nancy Landgraab "a sleek and modern walk in closet" thanks.
    its just not happening. keep ur money Nancy. the walk in closet is not meant to be.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2021
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I think that cars are pretty pointless without an open world. I wouldn’t mind having them, but I do think that there are better features that could & should be added first.

well personally i really disliked open world in ts3 so no comment but

ill add: everything is pointless until they give me my romance gameplay

cars? pointless.
    babies? pointless.
    cool house? pointless.
    starting a farm? pointless.

if you cant bond with bae there be no car woohoo and then there also be no baby and then like u living alone so no need for big house or huge farm cause who ya even gonna feed all those carrots to if not bae
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    A farming pack would be an absolute waste of resources and I’d prefer they used that money and time to make something more exciting like an amusement park/carnival/festival pack, a hobbies pack or another vacation world pack.

We need another empty world added to base game. Preferably a city theme like San Myshuno or a beach town.

We need more Afro textured hair. I’d also like that oddly shaped base game make Afro to be redone like the horrid cauliflower one.

We need more items for Pride….a lot more. Socks, clothes, shoes, clutter, holdable items. All the things.

I’m excited about gender neutral pronouns.

Eliza Pancakes isn’t a horrible sim.

I like kits. And I want more for clothing (wedding, goth, preppy, toddler, elder, etc), celebration decor, food and bedroom/bathroom/makeup/closet clutter.

I’m really excited for the new GP.

Probably not unpopular but I want back the ability to start a new game without creating a new sim first.
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    I don't like buildings with too much clutter or with overlapping objects, the first make my game slow and the latter is visually unpleasing to me due to clipping.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I think that cars are pretty pointless without an open world. I wouldn’t mind having them, but I do think that there are better features that could & should be added first.

I don't want cars. They couldn't even make bikes function properly. I dread to think what cars would be like in The Sims 4.

Agree, I don't think cars or horses would work in TS4, because of the way how they handled bikes. And I bet a "go for dor a drive" interaction would just be the sims hopping in their cars and disappearing into a rabbit hole, personally I don't mind rabbit holes, but can you imagine the outrage by people who hate them? -_-
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    > @Simmingal said:
    > well personally i really disliked open world in ts3 so no comment but
    >

What’s funny is that I don’t really care either way for an open world, lol. I’ve just never gotten the hype around cars when there isn’t really anywhere for Sims to drive to. :p
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    DHD is 100% deserving to be a game pack as it has way more items than any stuff pack could ever have and ever has had.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    I’ve just never gotten the hype around cars when there isn’t really anywhere for Sims to drive to. :p
    I want cars because I want that restorable car, for skilling handiness , and well sims can woohoo in cars, and why not sell those cars your sim repairs? car dealership business :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    > @Ellupelluellu said:
    > I want cars because I want that restorable car, for skilling handiness , and well sims can woohoo in cars, and why not sell those cars your sim repairs? car dealership business :)

That makes sense, & I would be totally fine with that since there’d be gameplay involved! :)
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > I like the hijab. I think it makes my Sims look pretty and elegant.

This is not an unpopular opinion.
    This is:
    I hate the hijab and I hate the burkini too.

Well, I like the burkini and I use it very often. I think
    it's welcome addition and it was created to give girls the opportunity for learning to swim in the school, so I support this item. But I really hate the hijab, because the way of muslim thinking about female nonwearers be a valid target for sexual harassment and therefore the social pressure in the muslim society on women who don't want to wear it. Friendly remindy this is my experience which I made in my country, it doesn’t represent the muslim society at all.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I don't really care for bands as its not a feature i see myself using.

And in general, EA would just release it half finished and glitchy, like Dine Out.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited May 2021
    MyriadSims wrote: »

And in general, EA would just release it half finished and glitchy, like Dine Out.

@MyriadSims Aww I’d like bands. Specifically, I’d like my Sim’s son to form one when he grows up into an angsty teenager (so original lol). But I totally agree about the quality of packs. You know that pretty Courtyard Oasis kit? The wall lamp that came with it is not listed as usable off-the-grid. All the options in the pie menu is grayed-out when you click it if you put in an off-the-grid lot. But somehow it still glows and gives off light? Like whut?

Edit: I forgot to type in my unpopular opinion! I think I’d rather feel pessimistic about a pack even though I seriously like its concept than be excited and feeling betrayed in the end for reasons above. Better to just set the bar real low and assume the worst. That way, I’ll end up with a nice surprise if it turns out a little more fleshed-out than expected. But that’s just me.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »

I feel the same way.
    I don’t see the appeal of a few more instruments that we click on and sims play at the same time while we watch.
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    I'm not actually sure if this is unpopular but here I go:
    I dislike big houses, especially if they have multiple floors. If there's more than 2 it's absolute no no. I just like being able to see everything going on without having to constantly switch between floors. Like, I've been considering to move this family of mine to a bigger lot because it's getting a bit crowded but then the houses available for the setup I have, in gallery and in-game, have all these floors and I'm like nope. (I'm completely hopeless at building, hence I look for already available options). My distaste for multiple floors went so far that I basically just filled their whole lot when I expanded the home and was then hit with problems when I was supposed to expand their outdoor activities :D.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Thrior - I sorta feel the same way, though my houses tend to be medium to large. It's all about needing bedrooms as opposed to misc. rooms that you probably don't even need. Family of 4? Need at least 3 bedrooms right there. Now add the bathroom, kitchen, living room, diner, and that's generally it for me. If you plan to have a large family, the size of the house only gets bigger x_x.
    I don't like move objects in builds. :s

Do you mean the cheat? I never used it myself.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »

Yes. I don't like when it's used in builds. I wish I could find more builds on the gallery that don't use it.

• Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »

Yes. I don't like when it's used in builds. I wish I could find more builds on the gallery that don't use it.

Have you tried the #nomoo tag? I'm not sure how many builders use it, but it might help.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    edited May 2021
    CaprianaB wrote: »

Have you tried the #nomoo tag? I'm not sure how many builders use it, but it might help.

I have. Not that many and sometimes there still some MOO in the builds. They may have forgotten MOO was enabled or it was from habit.
    I'd love it if more builders created noMoo lots and posted them to the gallery.
  • Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    Eco Living is my favorite expansion pack. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited May 2021
    I often give a sim just one aspiration and just keep picking off whims for reward points. End up with more points than if I simply completed the aspiration (if I didn't).
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't get the hype around likes and dislikes. I play the Sims 3 and they don't impact the game or sims personalities, at all. All it does is give occasional moodlets like "this sim is happy as they're listening to their favorite music/eating their favorite food" and that's it. It doesn't expand personalities at all in my opinion and it's exactly the same as the existing traits giving moodlets like "this sim is happy as they're a bookworm reading a book". Sure it's nice to have but it's such a trivial feature and I don't get why everyone's acting like it's game changing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top