Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Impressed with the interior design pack.

This pack, very good looks. Saw the screen pictures from it, men are getting great clothing, shoe clutter, microwave that is interesting, a stove top. I'll eat my words if this is not truly that nice, but it looks to me they've added a lot of simmers requests. I.D.K. How the career is, I did not see where to watch this.

Comments

• Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Yes, I was the most impressed with sofa of all items, and someone said sim can lie on it.

Also, designer career offers new interesting gameplay. I'm not sure if it is demanding as GTW careers which are my favorite, but it looks promising.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm not. The game already has far to much focus on building and now we're getting a career about building. :/
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I had the exact opposite impression - the game doesn't have enough focus on building, and we're finally getting a pack that integrates build mode and play mode together, and isn't so much about CAS.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I think they've added colored ceilings too.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Why am I not surprised the forums are full of people complaining..

I’ve just watched the trailer and I for one am seriously hyped for this game pack! I love renovating homes anyways so to incorporate this feature into gameplay is exciting for me :) plus I love all the new bb and cas I could see, it was kinda overwhelming tbh haha be interesting to see what “hero items” they add too
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I hope they do, but I didn't see anything except white ceilings in the trailer. :'(
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »

Didn't see anything in the trailer that supports this.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    I don't want to speak for her too much, but I'm pretty sure minisprite is gonna be all over this pack.

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

There's a section of the trailer, where the camera is panning into a room with two people in it. They're at the door and it seems, at least to me, that their ceiling is almost a dusty, purple sort of color.

I just saw it while watching the Youtuber Elliandra's latest video. It's at the 1:26 mark if you'd like to check it out yourself!
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    greydonn wrote: »

There's a section of the trailer, where the camera is panning into a room with two people in it. They're at the door and it seems, at least to me, that their ceiling is almost a dusty, purple sort of color.

I just saw it while watching the Youtuber Elliandra's latest video. It's at the 1:26 mark if you'd like to check it out yourself!

IVGLEUg.png That's a painted ceiling for sure. Now is it coming to the game or is it 'trailer magic'? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2021
    Jyotai wrote: »
    I had the exact opposite impression - the game doesn't have enough focus on building, and we're finally getting a pack that integrates build mode and play mode together, and isn't so much about CAS.

We get build and buy stuff in every pack but barely ever get any new game play for live mode. It’s just sad at this point, the core gameplay has remained broken and unchanged for years but here have a new couch. It’s honestly just frustrating after seven years.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

IVGLEUg.png That's a painted ceiling for sure. Now is it coming to the game or is it 'trailer magic'? :open_mouth:

I think that's just the lighting. :disappointed:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Pretty sure it's just the lighting.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    So I have mixed feelings.... This was my favorite career in sims 3 so excited to have it back. There is actually a ton of new build/buy items that look great and fun.... However I'm not convinced at the 20 dollar price tag... In sims 3 ambitions we got this career with all the stuff plus a bunch more careers for 40 bucks. What makes only one career worth half that? I don't see that the specific career is more intricate then what we got in sims 3?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

We get build and buy stuff in every pack but barely ever get any new game play for live mode. It’s just sad a this point, the core gameplay has remained broken and unchanged for years but here have a new couch. It’s honestly just frustrating after seven years.

You mention "core gameplay" here and I agree that it's important that substantial improvements are made for example to create Sims with more unique personalities. However, I believe these improvements need to be added to the BG, because they should indeed affect the game at its "core". I hope this is coming in the "3 waves of base game updates" mentioned in the Summer of Sims announcement and I am also looking forward to next Tuesday's Inside Maxis, when they will provide more details about the new trait slot. I am sorry this new GP seems to add nothing for you, but hopefully the BG updates will add something for everyone. We'll see. :)
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options

Pretty sure it's just the lighting.

I don't know...it seems almost textured. Like, there's ripples even.
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    edited May 2021
    I got mixed feelings on this pack too, though slightly leaning towards positive and a possible first day buy. It seems to have a lot of modular furniture which is what makes this pack interesting and a focus on building which is something that has been lacking over the past few years since this game is a building game first and then has an option to do some life simulation to see how these virtual people will live in your creations. The return of a home decorator career is nice. It was in the sims 3 so I would want it in the sims 4 too (one more thing to scratch off the list of 'missing' features). I haven't seen any CAS assets that made me go "wow I want that" though. It also seems a missed opportunity (again) to re-introduce spiral starcases, properly working elevators, and colored ceilings (unless SnaveXs is right - which I hope they are).

Another interesting thing I saw came from a Maxis blog on the new game pack:

"Everyone has Preferences, you know? Likes and Dislikes matter when it comes to decorating. So ask questions! Find out their favorite color and music genre and decor style. Ask about the things that inspire them, if they have any hobbies, what their favorite pieces are."

Does this mean that our sims finally get to actually have likes and dislikes or are these qualities only randomly chosen for sims when someone in the decorator career interacts with their clients? Or will we be able to give sims likes and dislikes in CAS? Or will we be able to nudge sims to certain likes and dislikes through game play? If the likes and dislikes are actual characteristics for our sims, will they impact other aspects of the game? Will sims actually have hobbies? a preference for certain activities?
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

That is most definitely just the lighting. My ceilings have always had a horrible purplish cast to them if I don't use the No-Blue mod, have no windows near by, and very few lights in the room.

5RpHn4j.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It's very nice, however why isn't it a Stuff Pack. It's weird that they stamped a Game Pack on a Stuff Pack.
  • Options

That is most definitely just the lighting. My ceilings have always had a horrible purplish cast to them if I don't use the No-Blue mod, have no windows near by, and very few lights in the room.

5RpHn4j.png

Or is that just what they want you to believe.... :p
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

We get build and buy stuff in every pack but barely ever get any new game play for live mode. It’s just sad a this point, the core gameplay has remained broken and unchanged for years but here have a new couch. It’s honestly just frustrating after seven years.

You mention "core gameplay" here and I agree that it's important that substantial improvements are made for example to create Sims with more unique personalities. However, I believe these improvements need to be added to the BG, because they should indeed affect the game at its "core". I hope this is coming in the "3 waves of base game updates" mentioned in the Summer of Sims announcement and I am also looking forward to next Tuesday's Inside Maxis, when they will provide more details about the new trait slot. I am sorry this new GP seems to add nothing for you, but hopefully the BG updates will add something for everyone. We'll see. :)

As an update/correction - next Tuesday's livestream is not an 'Inside Maxis' but about the GP. Which makes sense except that they said this week that they would give more info on the the new trait slot in next week's stream. I hope this means that it still is a BG addition, but has an impact on the gameplay in the GP. I am very curious!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    IDK, that ceiling is the same shade as one of the wall paint swatches and seems to have some texture, unlike the current ceilings. I actually don't have a horse in this as I rarely see the ceilings on my houses. I'll be happy for those that really want them painted if it happens. It's a small possibility but I wouldn't say zero.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Where is the trailer for it
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Where is the trailer for it
    https://youtu.be/8CvGI0HoFP8 I've found it. Have not watched this yet myself.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited May 2021
    BookBear wrote: »

I think that's just the lighting. :disappointed:

Is that a new hairstyle on the guy, or is that just one of the basegame female hairstyles?

Also, do you think all those are modular wall pieces that can be mixed and matched and placed on top of each other without MOO? And, that close to each other? If so I think that’s great!