Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I like the dust bunnies. I had a mod to remove them and I missed them when they were gone so I removed it. I wish they had more variation on their appearances though so they weren’t all the same.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,131 Member
    My Unpopular favorite packs/kits are:
    Journey to Batuu
    Country Kitchen
    Throwback
    Romantic Gardens
    Island Living

I like them, I'm happy with them, so there. :p
  • Options
    BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    I don't get the hype for occults... i know it's super popular but i don't get it!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Although im all for new and relevant gameplay and more in-depth personality, i'm excited with the new home decorator gamepack. I love having goals to dive in build mode. I just can't do it without some direction.
  • Options
    stormyariesstormyaries Posts: 6 New Member
    I like the premade rooms
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It feels like any new BB is just a different design, shape, & colour without having a new function added to it.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    karibirdkaribird Posts: 36 Member
    I don't miss cars and I hate huge and overly cluttered houses. I've seen too many builds that have so much clutter it actually overwhelms me.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    The kits are an amazing choice on The Sims' part because they fill content droughts and offer catered packs to all sorts of different people for a somewhat decent price, save for the fact that the price is a bit large for some people.

Since I've seen an overwhelming amount of negativity surrounding the latest GP (Home Decorator) on the forums I want to bring up that the gameplay surrounding Build Mode is there. It, in short makes build mode a more enjoyable and even goal-based minigame to design catered to both your and your sims needs. They want a colour, you add stuff with that colour. They want anything, you add anything they want. Granted some of my observations are speculation, but i still think I'm right from what the trailer and blog revealed. They take some gameplay in the base game and expand it in a pack. Tha'ts a fairly simple and even admirable move on The sims' part. And I saw some people complain about the voice of the actress in the trailer. Why? Like, is it really that bad that you need to complain about it? I just don't get it.

And yes, I do know the setbacks and drawbacks about kits and stuff, but I still see them as they are intended to be seen.
  • Options
    erixaaerixaa Posts: 17 Member
    > @TARDISgrade said:
    > I liked TS3 more than TS2 and I like TS4 more than TS3 & TS2.

I like this one, I like TS4 more than TS3 but the gameplay on TS2 felt unmatchable to me.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    BB0990 wrote: »
    I don't get the hype for occults... i know it's super popular but i don't get it!

See, now, I don't get the hype for the utterly mundane household chores.
    It's a good thing The Sims 4 teams give us a variety of playstyles to choose from so there's something for everyone. lol
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,924 Member
    Unpopular opinion: All it took for me to prefer TS4 gameplay to TS2 gameplay was NPC aging and multitasking. No more 4 generations of my family playing with the same children and dating the same teens. No more friends coming over, rushing straight to the musical instrument, and staying on it all night until they have to emergency go to the bathroom and then run away to their home instead of to my bathroom which is right there. And we can, you know, listen to music and talk to a friend at the same time. I'm never going back.

• Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    karibird wrote: »
    I don't miss cars and I hate huge and overly cluttered houses. I've seen too many builds that have so much clutter it actually overwhelms me.

I think I'm halfway in between. I find the base Maxis builds don't have enough clutter, but a lot of what I download has way too much clutter. I'm either looking to double what's in there or cut out half of it.

That noted the Maxis approach is the better one - if you're putting up content for other people to add to their game, leave it so open that they want to go mess around with it.

The most frustrating builds to download are the ones that have way too much clutter, and yet everything is essential. Often an issue in builds that are 'smaller' than they should be for the amount of stuff packed in there. Like putting a double bed in a '6 square' rectangle bedroom. It's too full, but there's no ability to declutter it either if you're putting a couple in that room (and that's an over simple example, but I have plenty of downloads where every 'square' has an object in it, and yet every object laid down needs to be there - too small bathrooms, kitchens, etc).
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    how it works:

you post an unpopular opinion that you have and if you see one that you agree with, you like it to let the person know that they're not the only one
    (dont like a comment that you don't agree with)

ill start: caleb vatore is not hot

edit: i completely forgot i made this dicussion and i just came on here to post about the sims 4 university leak but then i saw this discussion got 7.9k views. dope times we live in

I can't stand the mischief skill and the Hates Children trait. I don't like that the Neat trait was changed so sims would autonomously clean things that aren't dirty.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I can't stand the mischief skill and the Hates Children trait. I don't like that the Neat trait was changed so sims would autonomously clean things that aren't dirty.

I find all the autonomous mischief highly annoying.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    how it works:

you post an unpopular opinion that you have and if you see one that you agree with, you like it to let the person know that they're not the only one
    (dont like a comment that you don't agree with)

ill start: caleb vatore is not hot

edit: i completely forgot i made this dicussion and i just came on here to post about the sims 4 university leak but then i saw this discussion got 7.9k views. dope times we live in

Sharonia wrote: »

I find all the autonomous mischief highly annoying.

I agree with both of these. I do have saves in which I use random mayhem as part of (or fuel for) some story things, but these days some of this behavior has become waaay too excessive. Some unexpected behavior can be fun, but it's no longer unexpected or fun when sims do certain things All. The. Time.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    The pack isn't out yet. But knowing y'all, I am almost certain that this "feature" will get nerfed 🤣
    Sidebar: okay, yes, sometimes the requests get a little… weird. It’s your job to do what you can, though.
    Source: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/dream-home-decorator-reveal

Also mentioned here at 2:32-2:39
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvGI0HoFP8&ab_channel=TheSims
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,969 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    The pack isn't out yet. But knowing y'all, I am almost certain that this "feature" will get nerfed 🤣
    Sidebar: okay, yes, sometimes the requests get a little… weird. It’s your job to do what you can, though.
    Source: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/dream-home-decorator-reveal

I hope not :) I am totally ready to build a kitchen with a pool :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I’d personally like the chaotic requests too, @Ellupelluellu! But you would not believe the horrific design requests I’ve had to put up with from clients and other designers in my line of work. And those were from real people. Makes me wonder what kind of Sims weirdness the team have come up with. I’m anticipating either “No. Just no.” frustrating or really lame like “Use 5 potted plants.”
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    @orenjiAi @Ellupelluellu
    TS4: Adds new gamplay feature
    half of the sims community: EWWW EWW NERF IT OR I WILL LITERALLY SUE EA
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »

You gotta be creative to turn a weird request into something nice. That's the challenge.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I don't like move objects in builds. :s
  • Options
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    I think that cars are pretty pointless without an open world. I wouldn’t mind having them, but I do think that there are better features that could & should be added first.

I don't want cars. They couldn't even make bikes function properly. I dread to think what cars would be like in The Sims 4.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top