Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 5

Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
edited May 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
With talk of Sims 4 being around for awhile and talk of Sims 5 and multiplayer I want a way to strongly express my feelings about the Future of this Franchise. I realize there’s a slight chance you will see this and a long with the many other suggestions, feedback, criticism, ideas you might not actually get to mine or actually get to me/or listen to me.

However, I’ve been in the Sims community sense I was 9years old back in 2000 with the Original Sims. As I’m sure several others have as well. The thing that I would like to strongly suggest when it comes to the production of the Sims 5 you want to give us a good product but for a business end you race it out to the finish to get the income from us instead of making sure the game is all set to go. I also realize that you try your best and I give you guys the benefit of the doubt because I realize it’s a long process to get something made/created and something that fits everyone’s needs.

But, this is where we NEED TO GET SERIOUS!!!! As someone who has played for a sense the beginning there are bits and pieces of Great gameplay, Great Animation and detail even in the Smallest of things in Each Sims game, something that makes it Unique but the problem is whenever you make the Next Base Game you take out what made the previous game special. When it comes to making the New Game keep what you have just tweak it to add new Features new gameplay ideas, for example in Sims 2 You added aging and made each age unique and special sim expressions and special gameplay interactions turn ons and turn offs and green smoke with the sound of Flies when something went bad and it got annoying hearing them but that’s what made it fun, the babies looked realistic and you could do a little bit more with them. Then Sims 3 came out you focused so heavily on the Open World that you put the babies back in bassinets and wrapped them up, you gave us traits and lots of slots and the Sims still had some cool expressions and interactions and cool gameplay and ways of playing but you blocked us with Rabbit holes. I think you get my point.

What I strongly suggest is whilst your in production or about to be in Production for Sims 5. Take a month or 2 playing each Sims game from 1 to 4 write down the Things your Sims get to do the cool setups of Cas and Build and Buy and designs and every little detail that made each game special and get feedback of what we liked from those games. Then COMBINE it in Sims 5 if you make if multiplayer I don’t care as long as I’m not forced into only playing that way my main concern is that you will once again get rid of something that made the game.

As I sat and played Sims 2 I was in love with playing again. I just wish I had an updated version of CAS and have traits and be able to have an open world in the Sims 2, with Sims 3 I loved having the feel of an open world but missed how the Sims 2 functions and how my gameplay was. Do you get what I mean. Your new ideas are great and I want them to make the game new but PLEASE!!! Bring back old gameplay in every area of its gameplay, from build buy, create a Sims, gameplay things in Gameplay from each expansion and combine it ALL and spend time on it! Then you will have the old with the new and that’s the Best! I hate that anymore I get bored so quickly but when I play the older Sims I am invested! I want that back. Well anyways I hope you listen to me and actually do it, it would be nice to see things that I got to do and the way I used to be able to play comeback with the New and New features you would add.

Comments

• Options
    Gingasnap27Gingasnap27 Posts: 98 Member
    Absolutely BRILLIANT!!! Well said...I hope the gurus have a chance to see this.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,116 Member
    I just want the details from TS1 and TS2 back in TS4 plus all the beauty things from TS3 that I've missed

I have TS4 plus all the packs, kits and MM CC, but I'm still hungry for new stuff: farming, hobbies, more life stages, more building tools and details.

Hope EA can patch the game with all those incredible things from the first two games. Monthly updates can add small but amazing things for the game, along with another stuff.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2021
    I do understand your comment, I personally enjoy the sims 4 despite what it lacks, I personally don't compare it to the previous games and I also see it that it's still in development although yes it's been in development for 7 years already and I understand some players frustration, but I also think that, I don't think the sims games would push boundaries like they did in the previous as it seems they can't get away with it anymore, times has also changed with what's appropriate and not, games also go on for much longer than they used too grand theft auto 5 is a good example of that, online games are also the future as it seems now aswell, in my personal opinion I have no hope that the sims 5 will be just like the old games
  • Options
    Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
    Absolutely BRILLIANT!!! Well said...I hope the gurus have a chance to see this.

Thank you!
    Nikkih wrote: »
    I do understand your comment, I personally enjoy the sims 4 despite what it lacks, I personally don't compare it to the previous games and I also see it that it's still in development although yes it's been in development for 7 years already and I understand some players frustration, but I also think that, I don't think the sims games would push boundaries like they did in the previous as it seems they can't get away with it anymore, times has also changed with what's appropriate and not, games also go on for much longer than they used too grand theft auto 5 is a good example of that, online games are also the future as it seems now aswell, in my personal opinion I have no hope that the sims 5 will be just like the old games

I agree and Understand times have changed but the thing is I don't see what would be pushing boundaries because the Sims is souly based on player interaction so the world is our Oyster so to speak! The world is eager for new and better and moving on from the past but the thing is! The Past is what makes us who we are and even in a Game, there are so many other players that feel the Same way that when they play the Sims 2 you feel like why can't the Sims 4 be like this!

I've always been so annoyed that they keep making me pay for something they have ALREADY DONE! Do I still want those things (Weather, University, Pets) of course!!! But the thing Is just make it already there, stop rushing out a product! That way they can focus on the NEW!!! add the Farm stuff people want add new things!

They can still bring back features and Gameplay things from the past and ADD it in The NEW game. For Example In Sims 2 and Sims 1 the Community Lot's were EPIC....They do have Community Lots in Sims 4 but go to a Community Lot in Sims 2 and Sims 4 and the feel of Gameplay is ENTIRELY different.....

The Majority of The Sims Fan base is people that have played for years!!! Yes some Newbies came along the way and prefer 3 or 4....But if you actually dug your heals in the old ones although you might not like it, because your used to how the game runs now than your not seeing the Game for what it's best for! When the Sims came out it had this feel of Nostalgia while you played it (when it first Came out) and made you HUNGRY to play more because 1 it was SUPER difficult but the game play was sooo fun! And 2 There was SOOO much attention to every little detail in gameplay even in the smallest of the smallest of things! Now you get to the Sims 4 and it's half of what the Sims 1 and 2 and 3 feel like!

If the Sims Team wanted to keep there community that have been apart of this Industry they need to bring back the old which sounds again crazy because that's not how the World functions anymore but the problem with that is then you LOSE not only old players but then The Game also looses it's essence of what it used to be and then it would be that Game that eventually dies out! But for YEARS the Sims has kept that flame burning of people wanting to play! but if they continue the path they are going on that, that will change! because even for myself! Playing The Sims is not what it used to be and I don't play as much anymore, I get bored faster! There are so many Challenges in Sims 4 to keep yourself interested in the Game but isn't that sad to think about! That you need something to Challenge you to play the Game! Where in Sims 2 you could use those Challenges now to play the Game BUT the Sims back then had you wanting to play regardless of a Challenge! It kept you entertained and having fun! That's my personal feel but again! It's time we BLEND the OLD WITH THE NEW!!!! BECAUSE when you do that! You bring back that feeling it used to have and YOU can focus on the NEW ideas but not lose what The Sims was! That's what makes a Great Game!

• Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    edited May 2021
    I agree! What I like most about Sims 4 is CAS' body diversity (you can make fat Sims that don't look like overstuffed garbage bags) and the way the Aspirations work (with every Aspiration divided up into a series of goals you have to meet). Otherwise, I think the gameplay of TS2 and TS3 were way better! My all-time favorite Expansion Pack was World Adventures from TS3. I would love something like that again--something involving a quest system and secret hideaways, instead of the bland "adventures" of Jungle Adventure.

I really hope TS5 will completely turn TS4 on its head and blow it out of the water and all those other cliche phrases!

Thank you for putting into words what I couldn't!

(I guess the only thing I disagree with would be the fly noises. I hate those so much; please don't put them back in the game!)
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2021
    I like having Create A Sim's body diversity too, and ability to make your sim have any face you want him/her/them to have, as well as having the three personality traits that you can choose, I didn't like the "Turn Ons" and "Turn Offs" part of "The Sims 2" series, I found it really annoying and difficult when it came to making LGBT sims. The Sims 2 was also boring because of the whole entire dysfunctional families and their drama. That's another reason why I like "The Sims 4", because of it being an alternate timeline and you can make your sims however you want in the alternate timeline. I like how you can choose your sims hair color and eye color, nose shape and eye shape and face shape in "The Sims 4". And plus, I also like how Mrs. Crumplebottom DOES NOT exist in "The Sims 4". I found her hitting my previous sims with a purse ANNOYING.

And I like the way you can customize the houses in "The Sims 4", too. I just don't like how they don't have werewolves and werewolf/vampire mixes. and I don't like how difficult Maxis made Spellcasters to get their magical powers, it basically ruins the game. I also don't like "Star Wars", which is why I did NOT get the "Star Wars" pack. I DO like the fact there is NO coloring wheel in "The Sims 4", though. I have also played the very first "The Sims" game when I was young.