Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member

at last. that afro style is being changed. when i look at it from my sims who had that style, it always has a shiny look to it. Reminds me of Homer Simpson sticking his head in a bowling ball machine for extra shine. it rubbed me wrong.

i hope this new style can go both genders.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I didn't even know there was a patch coming today, I just went to launch my game and Origin said it needed an update! That hair looks soooooo much better, wow!
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    The new hairstyle is beautiful. :)
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It's about time. That hairstyle was embarrassingly bad.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Great! Cauliflower head is finally gone!
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The Gameplay is dead and it's all about dress up. The Sims is now I'm so pretty game. Now all they need to do is a $50 pack filled with mirrors and nothing else.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited May 2021
    They really need to update all base game hairs. The texture difference between base game and the later packs is huge,
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    @Bluebeard45 I hear what you're saying, but I find for myself, if the overall look isn't great, I don't enjoy myself playing the game so much. It's the difference, I believe, between two identical houses on a block that are for sale. One has weeds, dirt and nothing else in front, while the other one is beautifully landscaped. Flowers in planters, nicely mown green lawn and in general well-thought out yard. It's called Curb Appeal. Which one would you buy?

I am sorry you don't find any fun in the game. I had a love/hate relationship with Sims3. So, I do understand just where you're at. Truly.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    They really need to update all base game hairs.

Yes, some hairs look too ugly when compared to the newest ones
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Bluebeard45 I hear what you're saying, but I find for myself, if the overall look isn't great, I don't enjoy myself playing the game so much. It's the difference, I believe, between two identical houses on a block that are for sale. One has weeds, dirt and nothing else in front, while the other one is beautifully landscaped. Flowers in planters, nicely mown green lawn and in general well-thought out yard. It's called Curb Appeal. Which one would you buy?

I am sorry you don't find any fun in the game. I had a love/hate relationship with Sims3. So, I do understand just where you're at. Truly.

This is why I don't really play TS2 much anymore. I'm a really visual person, and I can't get over how ugly things look compared to TS4 anymore (plus very limited CAS). I still think TS2 has better gameplay, but TS4 has enough gameplay + better graphics that I always go back anyway. Hence over 5,000 hours of TS4 played. :#
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Part of me will miss the old afro, since it worked pretty well with clowns. But the new one's really stylish. It helps slim the face down, too.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Wow nice update. Eyes and afro are good.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I like @Netzspannung's version.

Thank you! I'm just so glad this is a useable hairstyle now.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2021
    wait it was today?
    dang it.
    just turned off my computer for the day :weary:

oh well i shall explore the patch tomorrow
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited May 2021
    This.It would be great !! Of course the afro hairs were the ones that needed an update the most, but how about updating the rest now ? There's a big quality difference between those beautiful updated hairs and other base game hairs.
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    They really need to update all base game hairs. The texture difference between base game and the later packs is huge,

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Overall, I like the update to the large afro, but something about the style feels like it's been feminized more than the previous design. Maybe the way the hair comes into the face?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I like the new eyes. It's not only the Asians who have such eyes as you can see several types in the UK, probably due to our colonisation and mixture of cultures in the past.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021
    Made a sim to test the new hair out, a massive improvement on what it used to be

hair.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I like the new hairstyle, it looks so groovy. ;)
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    edited May 2021
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Overall, I like the update to the large afro, but something about the style feels like it's been feminized more than the previous design. Maybe the way the hair comes into the face?

It is more feminine to me with that bang hang on the front side vs straight up and out. The original felt like they were going for a picked-out 70s fro, this feels more like a modern curly afro. It's a different vibe from the original but I'm not complaining.