Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Occult VS Family, Which Do You Think Should Get New Packs?

As the title states, in your opinion is it better that we get a new pack centered around occult gameplay, or a new pack centered around family gameplay? Please keep it civil! <3

Personally, I would prefer the occult option, especially if it's werewolves or faeries, but I wouldn't mind a pack focusing on family activities since most of my play is legacy/generational style.
  • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
  • She/Her.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I'd prefer a Generations type pack. I do love Realm of Magic spellcasters as witches are my favorite occult but I never played much with zombies, vampires, werewolves, fairies in previous versions and only dabbled a bit with Vampires in TS4.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My personal preference is occult. However, they said the sims will go on for "years"
    They know we want fairies and wearwolves. They are aware of how many people want generations and babies. They even had BIG hints at family stuff at the end of nifty knitting. I think people are getting bent out of shape for nothing. By the end of sims 4 I truly believe (almost) everyone will have something they want.

Granted the wait can be hard. I want zombies like RIGHT NOW.😈 but patience is a virtue. And there is no such thing as running out of patience because patience is endless. But when we feel it wearing thin we have to dig deeper and gather more patience. Then when that starts to wear thin we gather more patience. We should strive to do this endlessly.

Sure expressing our needs and wants is fine. But people are really getting offended and angry over this.

One thing I learn that makes the sims community so great is how we all need eachother. The builders make my worlds beautiful. The sim creators save me time😅 the family players asking for family stuff gives my occults nice things to do together. The occult players asking for occult things gives me dark adventurous things to add to my game. The mod and cc makers also play their role. We should all work together in a harmonious manner to get what everyone wants.
    We can't get stuck on "who got more and who got it first" it leads to a state of endless regression.

*drops the mike*🎤

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    My personal preference is occult. However, they said the sims will go on for "years"
    They know we want fairies and wearwolves. They are aware of how many people want generations and babies. They even had BIG hints at family stuff at the end of nifty knitting. I think people are getting bent out of shape for nothing. By the end of sims 4 I truly believe (almost) everyone will have something they want.

Granted the wait can be hard. I want zombies like RIGHT NOW.😈 but patience is a virtue. And there is no such thing as running out of patience because patience is endless. But when we feel it wearing thin we have to dig deeper and gather more patience. Then when that starts to wear thin we gather more patience. We should strive to do this endlessly.

Sure expressing our needs and wants is fine. But people are really getting offended and angry over this.

One thing I learn that makes the sims community so great is how we all need eachother. The builders make my worlds beautiful. The sim creators save me time😅 the family players asking for family stuff gives my occults nice things to do together. The occult players asking for occult things gives me dark adventurous things to add to my game. The mod and cc makers also play their role. We should all work together in a harmonious manner to get what everyone wants.
    We can't get stuck on "who got more and who got it first" it leads to a state of endless regression.

*drops the mike*🎤

*picks up mike* 🎤

All good points, thank you!

*puts mike gently back onto the ground*
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited April 2021
    I prefer BOTH. :)

As I play with occults with families the most :)

In my main save, I have (in order on most played ones) :
    -my main family, vampires, mum, dad, 4 kids and a cat and a dog.
    -spellcaster family, with 2 kids and a cat
    -merfolk family with 3 kids, no pets
    -alien couple, no kids so far or pets
    -lots of non occult families

But I would love to add werewolf family or/and fairy family too :)

Personally not that into zombies :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Generations, Generations, Generations! The only Generaions-ish pack we've had so far is Parenthood, but that pack was just about parents and not about all life stages.

We've had several Occult packs. Vampires, Mermaids, Spellcasters, but no real family gameplay pack. It's a life simulation. I want my grandparents to have their canes and bingo nights, I want my kids to have more than 1 personality trait, I want my babies to not be objects, I want my teens to be teens and not young adults with most interactions locked.

TS4 is long overdue for a Generations pack
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    We absolutely need more of both. My main style of play is occult family, and I need both aspects. But I'd rather get a new occult first. It's been two years since RoM, and that was a disappointing pack. There's Discover University, but Servos are different from the usual occults - and they were totally ruined with DU anyway, so it's not worth playing them either.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I need both.
  • Options
    talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I think I would prefer occult since there aren't that many of them. I don't have very many in my game at the moment, as I only have Aliens and Vampires. However, I personally would love to get more at some point. I dislike playing with families since I don't really like using toddlers and children. I find them to be annoying. But I know other people do enjoy family gameplay. I just feel like we need more for the occult players at the moment. I wouldn't be opposed to other content being added though, as Sims 4 stuff is usually pretty cool. :)
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Why choose? I want both.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I never want occult. Not ever
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Don't care, as long as it's NOT zombies. I play occult families, so I will be happy with both.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I would be very pleased with fairies, but then it's enough with occults for my taste. And I certainly don't need portable babies and preteens. My wishes would be cars, bands/singers, fashion/models and Ancient Rome.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2021
    I play occults, I play families,
    I play occult families

but what I really want falls in between and its romance pack which ive been missing since release of the game

the order would then go
    1.romance
    2. occult
    3. other family additions

and the order is like this because:
    • I first need my sims to fall in love and for that i need better romance gameplay cause romance in game feels too dead to result in any babies

• then i need to have all the family members from uncle wolf to aunt fairie present in the family and dragon pets to guard the house..

I mean how else am I to have grand wedding

• then i will have my sims spawn babies for which point onwards i will need family gameplay

but the family also probably does not exist in 2021 in my mind so i also wish for more historical themed gameplay in between

and there is also quite lot of soap opera drama going in the family so ofc i need some fun things for that

and i wouldnt really mind having nice amusement parks or circus to take my occult families to for fun

or say something like music pack so merman brother in law can start a rockband

= i need it all and in the end it doesnt actually matter if the rockband is started before family or if the wedding is held after the kids are made

just... it all needs to exist in some order of release
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    I'd love Generations to come out next. However, I wouldn't mind occult coming out, I'd get to keep my money that way :smiley:

I never get anything occult for my game, but I don't mind when they release occult packs, I just don't get those and am happy for all the simmers that love those.

With that said, a toggle for occult beings would be nice as players of all styles could choose what to have in their game.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think people should stop turning it into a competition between the two, they release like 5 packs every year, it's pretty easy to get both in. Occult packs aren't "blocking generations" any more than the 30 other packs in the game which aren't generations, but people only seem to have an issue with the occult ones. There are literally 4 packs for occults in the entire game after nearly 7 years, they aren't the problem and I'm just so bored of people blaming occult players for the lack of generations and preaching that people shouldn't be allowed occults because -- playstyle is more important.

Imagine if I started raging at the idea of generations because "fairies are more important", because "you can already have families but not fairies", and it's been 7 years of waiting so my playstyle is obviously more important. It would be ridiculous, because generations fans are not to blame for the lack of fairies and I can appreciate that they've also waited years for the packs they want.

It's not a competition between the two, they can add both. Plus, they basically already confirmed generations so I'm not sure why people are getting so bothered by the possibility of an occult as well...
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Personally, I want both. However, I think it would be cool to have a Generations with a Fairy Godmother Pack. Then a Farming Werewolves Pack.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Why not both? I am an occult family player and I am hoping for werewolves and more family play this year.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited April 2021
    I also want both. But i'm worried about how will a family gameplay feature only happen in a specific world...? (the only thing i can think of is playable high school, but a new world doesn't make sense anyway). And if it's an occult it's kind of disapointing that it'll be constrained to one world. Again...
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited April 2021
    I have always preferred realistic gameplay, so I would rather have a pack centered around family gameplay, but they have to fix more bugs first.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I personally would prefer more things for all family members to do together (regardless of if they are realistic families or occult families
    • Kids playing tag
    • Kids playing hopscotch
    • Kids riding bikes
    • Pillow fights for all
    • More playground equipment

Group activities:
    • Billards/pool table
    • Volleyball
    • Hiking

As long as the packs contain activities that everybody can do together, I don't care one way or the other if the upcoming packs are "occult" or "realistic".

Just give me more things to do with my sims!
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hm. I play with them both and want both, but I do recognize the need for more fleshed out life stages. That is useful for my occults as well. So Generations EP and Supernatural GP, please.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited April 2021
    My actual wants are horses, team sports, heists & superheroes, but if I had to to choose between these two themes, I'd go with occults.

In my opinion all occults other than vampires and the paranormal SP were shoddy jobs, halfdone extras added randomly into other packs. Therefore occult players deserve at least one lifestate well done in a dedicated pack of its own. That also would negate the need to shove another token occoult into the next EP, that only takes development time from the pack's actual main feature.

I cannot judge if the game is lacking in family playstyle. My sims have families and they do things together with their children, grandparents and distant relatives, but parenting isn't my main focus and I wouldn't call myself a family player. I'm satisfied with my options, but many family players apparently aren't.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    They haven't finished adding the last of the big three, so until those werewolves get added I'm going to have occults at the top of my list.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    I'd be happy with either, since all my occult sims have families.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I play occult families so I really need both. Actually going back and including children and toddlers in activities we already have is the thing I need the most - why can't children garden? Ride a bike?
    It also bugs me a lot that most of the time, when you tell sims to do activities together, they aren't, really. Tell them to build a snowman and watch them stand on opposite sides, not interacting at all. Compare to Parenthood school projects where the animations show them chatting and interacting properly. I need more of the latter.

I have the occults I personally really craved. I didn't start playing until vampires was released. However, the people who have waited years and years to even have their favourite in the game, have waited long enough. So I'd wait for improved families in favour of other occults. After all, there's things in every pack that most of my sims can do and I feel the team have been better recently about including younger sims, from cuddling the bugs in Eco Living to sledging in Snowy Escape.