Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Knitting is dead.

Tried every trick in the book and nobody wants to knit. I thought maybe the previous household had a issue after the patch but the new household of 4 hasn't even attempted it. Yes it's only knitting but those floating blobs like the stuff my Sims knitted.

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Yes the happy blobs seem to love beanies. I wish they would wear them too, it would make them look so much cuter...

I have no problem with knitting in my game and I use it for the same reasons you do.
    Itchy Socks for Unassuming Candy Jars. I’ve been trying to imagine a pair of socks on these Slimers, but I failed.

Do you use mods at all? If so, Try to take them out first and test knitting on a haunted lot in a new save to see if the problem persists.

• Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Huh very odd. Had a sim knit recently without issue. Wonder why yours won’t? Have you tried repairing your game?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Tried every trick in the book and nobody wants to knit. I thought maybe the previous household had a issue after the patch but the new household of 4 hasn't even attempted it. Yes it's only knitting but those floating blobs like the stuff my Sims knitted.

Are you trying to have sims nit together while at a club gathering?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Are you referring to autonomous knitting or just knitting in general? My sims seem to have stopped knitting autonomously but they will still do it on command.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited April 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Are you referring to autonomous knitting or just knitting in general? My sims seem to have stopped knitting autonomously but they will still do it on command.

They probably tuned it down because people were complaining about it on Twitter. Saying that’s all their sims would do etc.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Mine knit just fine when directed, and sometimes autonomously (although not to excess). They still occasionally have an issue resuming a project but usually if I direct them onto a different seat they're fine.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Oh, I wonder if your problem could be related to the cc chairs issue. Custom content chairs are broken right now, so Sims can't route to them. Also, sometimes I have to make my Sim sit first. Try having your Sim sit on a Maxis chair, and then click knit.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

They probably tuned it down because people were complaining about it on Twitter. Saying that’s all their sims would do etc.

I miss the autonomous knitting. It brought some funny moments in my game.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I haven't had a problem with knitting per se but I did notice that A number of things I do have them do while sitting, require me to direct them to sit down first. Like @rouensims said, it might have something to do with the chair issues because it essentially is the autonomous sitting to knit not necessarily the knitting itself that is the issue.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited April 2021
    We need some kind of on/off switch for autonomy in this game. People who don’t want certain actions to be autonomous should be able to turn them off individually. I think that would solve a lot of problems. That way the team doesn’t have to consistently make adjustments that please some players and upset others.

I’ve had to use mods to adjust the autonomy of certain things because they just happen way too often for my liking. It’s not even because they want to do it consistently sometimes, it’s the fact they stop doing what I want them to do to go shovel snow outside, for example. It’s weird.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,023 Member
    Hmm, the chair thing. I recently bought Journey to Batuu, and noticed that my sims couldn't invite others to play Sabacc until they sat down first. Has that always been true, or is the new chair issue causing it?

But the chairs used for Sabacc weren't CC, and I haven't had any issues with any of my other Maxis chairs. I did notice that if I put a small computer desk under a loft bed, the sim had to sit first before using the computer.

But I've had no trouble with knitting itself. Come to think of it, I believe they might have to sit down before the knit option comes up. ??
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    We need some kind of on/off switch for autonomy in this game. People who don’t want certain actions to be autonomous should be able to turn them off individually. I think that would solve a lot of problems. That way the team doesn’t have to consistently make adjustments that please some players and upset others.

I’ve had to use mods to adjust the autonomy of certain things because they just happen way too often for my liking. It’s not even because they want to do it consistently sometimes, it’s the fact they stop doing what I want them to do to go shovel snow outside, for example. It’s weird.

This would be so much better than using mods. They give you the option to turn autonomy off but this would be a much better idea.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Just a quick tip, I wanted my sim to do something while knitting so clicking on the stereo or tv before having them knit works...they will knit, rock and watch tv until the cows come home. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Mine knit when I tell them to.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    In my main save they do knit by themselves still.. and usually at places like nightclub or bar, where they should have better things to do :)
    But in new saves they do not do it themselves anymore, I have no idea if the age of the save has anything to do with it. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Yesterday in game, I tested knitting again. I could click on the rocking chair and choose all the knitting options. My sim resumed a project she'd started and left. No problem.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Good to see your Sims still knitting but mine will not touch it. Odds are this was turned down in the last patch just like the Aliens. It was fun while it lasted.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Good to see your Sims still knitting but mine will not touch it. Odds are this was turned down in the last patch just like the Aliens. It was fun while it lasted.
    Are you just talking about autonomously? Mine don't either, which is quite sad.

It's really annoying when they tune stuff so much it virtually disappears. I don't get dust in my houses anymore either as I play rotationally, so that was a waste of my money.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The best thing about the Sims was they would do things on there own and after each patch it's becoming less and less. It was cool to see what knitting project they would do next.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Glad I didn't get either of them. EA gives with one hand and takes away with the other. So sad. :(
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I have to have my sim sit in a rocking chair then select knitting project and they will knit. Any other chairs, beds, couches, benches ect...never work. Only works with the rocking chair and they have to be rocking before starting the knitting.
    As for autonomy I just wish we had more options like Full/High/Medium/Low/Emergency Only/Off.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    I haven't had a problem with knitting per se but I did notice that A number of things I do have them do while sitting, require me to direct them to sit down first. Like @rouensims said, it might have something to do with the chair issues because it essentially is the autonomous sitting to knit not necessarily the knitting itself that is the issue.

This is what I've been seeing since a couple patches ago. If I direct the sim to knit while they are standing (either by clicking on the knitting bag in their inventory or by clicking on the chair I want them to use), they often cancel the action while doing the "can't route there" hand wave thing. If they are already sitting down when I tell them to knit, they will knit just fine, even if it's the same chair. This has continued even after that latest patch. They will definitely knit if they are already sitting down when I tell them to do it.

Prior to the most recent patch my sims with the "creative" trait knit autonomously fairly frequently, but others without that trait didn't seem to do that so much (though they would occasionally). Which made sense to me. If they queued the action up autonomously, they didn't seem to have the routing problem (even with the same chair).

Since the patch I've only seen one sim queue up the action autonomously, and then he immediately canceled it. It wasn't clear why it canceled.

So I feel like there is possibly something glitchy going on rather than an intentional change.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I do not seem to have any issues with my knitting. Its working ok for now. I do not have any mods besides my own baby clothes I make. My sim even knitted without me telling her as well, but not nearly as often as before, so I am happy with knitting in my game.
  • Options
    StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    Hmm, the chair thing. I recently bought Journey to Batuu, and noticed that my sims couldn't invite others to play Sabacc until they sat down first. Has that always been true, or is the new chair issue causing it?

But the chairs used for Sabacc weren't CC, and I haven't had any issues with any of my other Maxis chairs. I did notice that if I put a small computer desk under a loft bed, the sim had to sit first before using the computer.

But I've had no trouble with knitting itself. Come to think of it, I believe they might have to sit down before the knit option comes up. ??

I've noticed this regarding Sabacc.
  • Options
    @StephenJHolloway Thanks for letting me know. :smile: