Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch Speculation 2021(Patch Now Out)

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2021
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Hey, we're still talking about The Sims 4. Everything good they add comes with massive disappointments and oversights. All.the.time.

We just cannot seem to have just good stuff. It's just so infuriating.

I don't understand. What's the issue here?

The issue is, that you cannot put a sofa or a desk underneath the bunkbed (fake loftbed) and still being able to use the objects underneath. Sims cannot interact with the bed.

The only desk you can put under it now is a single tile desk. It's just another one of those shortcomings when they release a requested feature. They just don't seem to be able to make things right from the start, it's always some sort of aftertought.

Desks, sofa's etc also do not ''snap'' underneath the bed, but you have to do it with the Move Objects cheat.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Hey, we're still talking about The Sims 4. Everything good they add comes with massive disappointments and oversights. All.the.time.

From what I've seen from James' tweets and watching Tazkabaz' stream, 1 tile objects work okay under the loft beds, 2 tile objects mess up routing.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

From what I've seen from James' tweets and watching Tazkabaz' stream, 1 tile objects work okay under the loft beds, 2 tile objects mess up routing.

1 tile, yes.
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    So you are saying, we waited 6 years for clunky & ugly bunk beds and still can't place a regular desk underneath the loft bed?

Somehow I always expect the bare minimum and I'm always dissappointed xD

What's with the patch notes just talking about the trait upgrades but not actually listing what they changed?
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    4fgFtHU.jpg

Notice this "auto bunk beds" option you can switch on. I think there is a build tool coming with the next pack with which you can turn any (single?) bed into a bunk bed.
  • Options
    So you are saying, we waited 6 years for clunky & ugly bunk beds and still can't place a regular desk underneath the loft bed?

What's with the patch notes just talking about the trait upgrades but not actually listing what they changed?

Exactly that.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    4fgFtHU.jpg

Notice this "auto bunk beds" option you can switch on. I think there is a build tool coming with the next pack with which you can turn any (single?) bed into a bunk bed.

If you toggle this on/off it will remove one of the ladders when placing it against the wall from what I have seen on streams.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    4fgFtHU.jpg

If you toggle this on/off it will remove one of the ladders when placing it against the wall from what I have seen on streams.

Yes, I already found out. Pity.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    The patch added relaxing in bed and watch TV in bed but no romantic stuff.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

They did say that future Bunk Bed updates would expand on it in the patch notes. Maybe they'll add lofts with the desks built-in in a future pack.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

downloding now. had to be a adult this morning. which today meant checking out pioneees of olive town. i think its the newest harvest moon game or like it.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

downloding now. had to be a adult this morning. which today meant checking out pioneees of olive town. i think its the newest harvest moon game or like it.

Children can also read under the covers.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

Children can also read under the covers.

i just found that out.