Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How heavily modded is your game?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    TheSims4Addict_35TheSims4Addict_35 Posts: 5 New Member
    I have lots of mods in my folder, the annoying thing is that I need to download them again when they are updated... but for the rest... I LOVE them! I cannot play without them, seriously! :D
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Other
    I have a few mods that I couldn't live without like MC Command Center, UI Cheats Extension, a mod to remove unremoveable lot traits and items, the invisible baby bassinet mod, and an ageless birthday mod.

I also have some cc, but I doubt that anybody who has cc would say it was alot. In fact, I may have to go CC shopping tonight. :D
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Little bit of CC
    I used to have MCCC but I must have changed a setting that really messed up my game and time was all out of sync so I just removed it. The only things I have now are custom holiday traditions, more icons for clubs and some custom lot traits. Everything else is as it comes in the game. :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Other
    Holiday wrote: »
    I used to have MCCC but I must have changed a setting that really messed up my game and time was all out of sync so I just removed it. The only things I have now are custom holiday traditions, more icons for clubs and some custom lot traits. Everything else is as it comes in the game. :)

Sounds as if you messed with the time settings. I have read it's not quite like the one Twallen made for Sims3, but rather it messes the whole thing up. :open_mouth: So, I've kept my little hands off that aspect of the MCCC mod. I just don't pay much attention to the in-game clock. So what if the Child Sims are up way into the wee hours? As long as they get done what they need to get done, I'm good with it. I then will use the needs cheat, Make Happy on 'em and we're all happy, myself included. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Vanilla is drowning
    I wanna say vanilla is drowning... But you be the judge LOL. :# My mods folder has 9,049 Files / is 23.8GB.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Vanilla is drowning
    MelsieYT wrote: »
    I wanna say vanilla is drowning... But you be the judge LOL. :# My mods folder has 9,049 Files / is 23.8GB.

I love that you provided your stats. That gives everyone a better idea. Are those gameplay mods or CC or both?
    I wonder when the game is going to tell me enough is enough. I only have about 13 GB and 3,200 files, so I feel comfortable adding more and will continue to add more, but ... I always wonder if eventually it will be too much.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Only bug fixes
    Not so much bug fixes as weeding out the things that annoy me, like making messes & the Star Wars outfits. Also a few mods to remove the fixed lot traits & objects from City Living, and the Strangerville story toggle mod. But nothing that significantly changes the gameplay.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    No mods
    I play Vanilla.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Other
    Some mods, all of which I need in order to play the game the way I want to. MCCC just because it helps me to be able to actually play the game on a slow computer (autofill needs, give relationships a nudge, speed things along a bit), and the Grim Reaper Actions Unlocker and Soul Reaper Career mod by Gauntlet. I can play without the Grim Reaper mods, and just use cheats, but those mods make things so much easier & the game experience more immersive.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Vanilla is drowning
    It didn’t start out that way as I only had MCCC and icemunmun harvestables, but then I saw jomsims and their amazing collection of clothes...

Yup Me too. Jomsims does some really nice clothes and living objects! ICemunmun I am new to but so for, oh my, I am hooked.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Vanilla is drowning
    MelsieYT wrote: »

Wow, I hadn't checked mine recently, but I did just now. I see that I'm not terribly far behind you in numbers (6,502 files in 20.7GB). :open_mouth: That doesn't even count my custom music folder. I guess most people don't consider that as modding the game, but I do. Let's just say there are a lot of files in there, too.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    No mods
    Wow, you must have an advanced Supercomputer to hold so many mods.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Other
    I only use T.O.O.L. and sometimes MCCC.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I have quite a bit of mods. They just add so much to the game and gives it new life. I honestly don’t think I could play vanilla anymore.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 2021
    No mods
    I have been playing a vanilla game since the beginning of sims 4. I have a main save that has been re-saved several times as back up. And I’ve been playing that main game since 2014. My sims all know and do things with my other sims, or premades usually. My daughter taught me how to make clothes for the sims 2, and I really had fun doing it back then, I also had some downloaded objects with her help, But back then we didn’t have funds to buy all the packs.

With sims 4 I have all the packs and I don’t use mods because I would probably do something wrong and screw my game up. I don’t download CC for that reason, and also if I started looking for CC and used it, I’d probably have so much my game would be bogged down. Also, I don’t want to screw with that stuff every month after a patch. I’m getting too old. I don’t know as much about computers as I used to, and I like how stable sims 4 has been for me. I got a new gaming laptop a few years ago and love all the kits and stuff packs because they infuse my game with so much extra stuff. I say bring them on, I love it. I don’t know why people complain about extra content for our game, those of you who use CC probably don’t need it, but being i don’t use CC I love the extra kit packs, and I want more stuff packs too. Stuff packs were always a favorite for me, I loved when they were bringing them out almost monthly.... new hairstyles, new clothes, new items, they were always fun to get, I miss that they don’t bring them out as often now. But, the kits are helping make up for it.

I sure would love a farming EP, Horses in a GP we could ride around the neighborhood, cars, and updated babies, and a medieval EP. For kits I’d love a gothic pack, clothes and build buy, I would like some packs for teens, Elders, children, toddlers and male sims too, .

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Other
    My game is pretty close to vanilla actually - I only have 41 MB of mods and like 2 or 3 CC items are included. I have the usual suspects, MCCC (which also takes care of 99% of my autonomy issues, else I'd have tons more mods!), UI Cheats, mods by Bienchen, mods by LittleMissSam, various mods to do things quicker (write a book/song, record a video etc) - nothing that really changes anything too significantly. For CC I have Kijiko's eyelashes (Skin Detail version) and default eyes. Also have the Family Portrait and recolors, if you count that, since I missed the promotion - and the recolors are definitely CC.

And yes, I meant MB, not GB up there. Compared to my Sims 2 game, which had about 20+GB of mods and CC and took 2 hours plus to load, I'd say I'm doing pretty good - and so is the Sims 4. While I will probably get some CC after it ends, I don't really need any right now. Of course, I do own everything they have put out so far, so that helps too.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited March 2021
    Vanilla is drowning
    Vanilla? What’s that? My game is now 100% pure dark chocolate.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    Vanilla is drowning
    More CC than you can poke a stick at, but not mods - I don't even use MOO.

The one and only mod I have is to stop the water puddles appearing all over the floors after that last update when they brought Bonehilda back.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other
    My game is loaded with cc mainly male cc since the game does not offer any decent male clothing styles body hair or facial hair and most of the hair is useless with slim pickings of natural colors really who thought the red they picked was a good idea. The only mod I use is a height slider every Sim being the same height is to annoying
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Only bug fixes
    Just bug fixes for me, I did have MCCC installed, but got tired of it after a while.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Vanilla is drowning
    A severe side effect of tracking what mods and CC are broken is having an excess of mods and CC.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    No mods
    I'll wait until Sims 4 comes to an end. It's too much bother to update mods for me.
  • Options
    DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 40 Member
    Vanilla is drowning
    I recently trimmed down my cc folder from 30gb to 19gb, discovered absolute crimes like 100k poly hair in there haha. Mostly CAS and build/buy stuff (probably 50% of that is all plants... i love plant), countless bugfixes, and MCCC