Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How heavily modded is your game?

Β«134
I know I've been doing a lot of polls lately, but I really want to see the results of this one.
So, How heavily modded is your game?
ID: L33tP33tNW
she/her
AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png

How heavily modded is your game? 231 votes

No mods
21%
BluegayleGoldmoldarIcewolfTWSimGamer82Mi9shaoscarSimburiancchant86g01denswanalanmichael1barracuda1574DarkLady2788LizzychicagoxXPandoraXxAquariusMomduhboy2u2Cary1213emereSailorCetifoxybillySelinaKyles 49 votes
Only bug fixes
1%
JueJueldmarkohalloweenchildAirakale 4 votes
MCC Command center
12%
Akl500PLeGardePourpreAngel_mixkokoro80pj9871GoddessBylinegoodcakebaker62momboqueensimmietimeMizzila1297KhrisstynemotdkpapertongueSimmerMarsfiercephoenix91MarkwilsonOldeseadoggeRedShoe7FanPhoriaj1z1 28 votes
Little bit of CC
7%
HowGreatThouArtPlayerSinger2010CorkysPetalsyesme88Amj1995LustianiciaphantasmkissKarababy52Simzilla_7CeridwenStutumRasia SilvercaliposssuvoltaHolidayElisetomTwinkiesLA 17 votes
Vanilla is drowning
31%
bshag4lvKita5399Mstybl95alan650111PseudonymsBreeNillaPickledtiaraMeteoraStormhaneulAnmirlamercuryfoamalexandreajimbbqWyrrenrosehrtgirlluthienrisingsekojranaToriepxelskiesmlmeadows 72 votes
Other
26%
auroraael14GalacticGalblunote00SimmervilleAlexaiColorist40Monet11lisamwittMelisendreTheSpotted_CIsb917Pipersfun2simgirl1010Paigeisin5YautjagirlAncientMusegreydonnSimplyJenKatiardguezGlimmer50 61 votes

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Other
    My game's pretty heavily modded, but I wouldn't say that's it's quite "Vanilla is drowning" levels. I have a fair amount of cc, mccc, and a couple other mods here and there for excitement :)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    1 mod. UI Cheats.

I can't wait to try out some of the other awesome mods once they no longer need to be updated.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    I don't have gameplay mods, only bug fixes and my heavenly trilogy: mccc, ui cheats and whimsoverhaul.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    I have some larger script mods like MCCC and TwistedMexi's mods and I also have a lot of small tuning mods, like mods from littlemssam and bienchen. I like mods that configures autonomy.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No mods
    It's not worth the hassle while the game is still developing.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Other
    Here's what I use:
    • Grey (or green) CAS Background - makes things much easier for screenshots.
    • CAS Poses - I only use a few, and just drop them in and out whenever I'm taking screenshots.
    • CAS Render Lighting - removes the blue/green backlights and makes editing render-like screenshots much easier.
    • Zerbu's Face and Body Presets - my biggest bugbare is same face, so I use these extra presets to create sims that are totally unique.
    • NPCC - to stop randomly generated townies.
    • Tab Camera Mode in Build/Buy - makes taking build mode screenshots easier without the need to leave build mode.
    • A certain Whims mod that can't be discussed in detail here - depends on the save I'm playing, and I just drop this mod in and out of the game whenever I feel like it.

And that's it really. I try to keep it light, and to a minimum because I'd rather not use mods if I can help it.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Other
    I have a lot of mods, mostly to "fix" what I don't like about the game.

And I have a TON of CC (over 25GB).

But, I haven't been playing lately, the few times I have loaded the game it was just to check out new content. So currently, I have nothing in my game besides CC that I have made to test for any weird issues.

• Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Other
    I wouldnt say that Vanilla is non-existent in my game. It mostly boils down to mods for some mild game tweaks like deadlier vampires and increased university tuition, MCCC, mods for adult fun stuff, and pose player. I mostly just look for Maxis match CC and new poses for my sims. My mod folder is I think a little under 4GB.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    • MCCC
    • A mod that allows for custom RoM spells, along with some custom spells
    • Potion price overhaul
    • A little bit of CC
    • MizoreYukii's bowing at shrines
    • A mod to allow and stabilize occult hybrids
    • A mod that lets me be an entrepreneur, growing my own produce and selling it to clients

I'm slowly dipping into bigger and bigger mods. Is Road to Fame good?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Vanilla is drowning
    Not sure what you mean by "vanilla is drowning". If it means my game is heavily modded, then yes. I used to have a lot more but they wrecked my game so I had to get rid of them. :(
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Other
    I have 2 mods.
    One to remove the mosaic and one to nix the sunrays you get from having a green lot. I've been getting rid of the mosaic since Sims 2 because it's always been too big, and sunrays were making my game unplayable.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Other
    I have some mods, the mc command center, the height slider, the no fat/muscles script, and some cc hair and clothes.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    Vanilla is drowning
    I don't use the "big mods" that change the game a lot like MCCC and slice of life or the violence mods, but my folders getting pretty massive with a million and one little tweaks. I have like 50 mods to change the autonomy (no more pee walk is a must), mods to override all the ugly grass textures, hair sliders, cas backgrounds, cc loading screens, height sliders, selectable pets, etc etc
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Other
    I wouldnt say Vanilla is drowning, but there certainly isnt anyway I could see myself playing without mods. I have a teeny tiny bit of CC, mainly mens clothes, mens hairs, piercings and tattoos but most of my non vanilla are gameplay mods, ones that can be named and the ones that are fun 😈😏
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    My mods:

MC Command Center
    ikhitsule Ear Presets (GP04 +Package)
    KS- Life Decider
    todaoabout relprint
    Hide Lot Trait Head FX

Considering getting a Whims mod for the attraction system.

Would love to get unnatural hair too but everywhere I look it is not updated to the last EP.
  • Options
    LazzialLazzial Posts: 159 Member
    edited March 2021
    MCC Command center
    I use MCCC to 100% populate my worlds from my library so I don't have a bunch of extremely weird looking Sims in my game. I just don't like a majority of the game generated Sims. I'm constantly downloading Sims to build a massive library to make the sims that do get generated from it as diverse as possible.
    The only thing I change in the settings is populate from tray 100% and never use sim name - the names are generated by the game. So, even though they are coming from my library they do get random skin tones, eye color, hair, and clothes so they'll almost never look the same even if it happens to use the same one.

I have a few others but I don't think I'd still be playing if MCCC didn't exist.
    Post edited by Lazzial on
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    I only have a handful of mods that I use in the game. I got rid of a bunch of small mods because I just got so tired of having to keep track of everything and updating whenever needed, so I got rid of silly ones that to me just aren't necessary. It's too easy to get lost in the sea of mods out there and find yourself downloading and installing a whole bunch of them because they sound awesome... but the upkeep just isn't worth it for me.

All I have now is some mods from:

- Weerbesu (more cas columns, UI cheats)

- Twisted Mexi (no weather BB, always MOO, always freebuild, always fulledit, always testing - I hate typing in cheats all the time LOL)

- Scarlet (always buy unlock, no cold clothing inside)

- LittleMsSam (auto employee)

On the other hand, the amount of CC I have in my game is.... well.... hoooo boy! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Chocaholic523Chocaholic523 Posts: 61 Member
    Vanilla is drowning
    So many mods. MCCC, LittleMissSam, SOL, posing mod, some that cannot be spoken on the forums (18+), and plenty of cc. Mostly just gameplay, some bug fixing, some cc. Most of the cc tho is CAS because I like makeup lol.
    Opinions are like a$$holes; everyone has one.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0wSZ0g-hej0eCHccSeLaUA
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Other
    I have a decent number of mods and CC, but I haven't reached the point where "Vanilla is drowning".

Here's the full list of mods I use and who made them:
    MCCC [Deaderpool]
    UI Cheats [weerbesu]
    Andrew Pose Player
    Autonomous First Kiss, Breakups, and Proposals (for anyone curious, those are 3 separate mods) [Polarbearsims]
    Faster Showers & Baths [Polarbearsims]
    No Auto Drinks or Thirst [ClaudiaSharon]
    Bake Cupcake Machine Items in Oven [emilypl27]
    Less City Living/Island Living Names [simmytime]
    Simda Dating App [LittleMsSam]
    Food Delivery [LittleMsSam]
    Pregnancy Overhaul - No Walkstyle [LittleMsSam]
    Release All the Ghosts [LittleMsSam]
    Ultrasound Scan [LittleMsSam]
    Teleport Any Sim [Scumbumbo, not sure exactly who maintains it now]
    NPCC [Paulson]
    Know Your Co-workers and Classmates [Phaeriia]
    No Happy Environment [roBurky]
    University Costs More [Zero]
    a custom loading screen by Anihana

For the most part I just use mods to tweak certain things I don't like about the game here and there. I don't have very many that are intended to add actual gameplay. As far as CC, I only use CAS CC, nothing else.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Other
    One mod for no vampires and that’s it
  • Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited March 2021
    Other
    I use MCCC, UI cheats, bug fixes, things to improve some features, some to stop/reduce autonomous actions. Mostly things to help the game run a little better/more enjoyable. I use CC as well, I have a ton of MM hair (I can never have enough hair) clothes, and some decorations.
  • Options
    wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    Vanilla is drowning
    Considering I recently hit the limit for script mods, I can safely say vanilla is drowning in my game :D
    ldauop39735.png
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Other
    @wormofthebook There's a limit? :open_mouth: News to me. I thought you could add as much as your computer could handle. My old Macbook was struggling to run with all my mods, still that didn't stop me :lol:

Currently I play with MCCC, Slice of Life (stripped down to the bare minimum), Explore mod, a bunch of tuning mods, custom content for bb, cas, and food items. I'd say out of all of these the tuning mods are most important to me because without them my annoyance with the programming decisions and bugs stack up to me becoming too frustrated to play the game.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.q."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".q.:*
    β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»γƒ»β˜…
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Other
    I put other.
    I have the base game and holiday pack on my PC, while I pretty much have all the packs for my PS4, so it is a mixture of both.
    On my PS4 I am more or less forced to play vanilla, and what I have bought gives me more options. This kind of forces me to think about what I have when I am designing I Sim, because if I want to create a character based Sim, I am limited to what I own.
    As for my PC, I have a Harry Potter based CC, and the Zombie mod, and 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mod installed. Both of those have CC content, and add gameplay.
    So, my Sims PS4 is vanilla and my Sims on PC is heavily modded.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    MC Command Center, UI Cheats Extension, and Show Sim Info are standard for me. Apart from that, kind of a random assortment of gameplay mods and CC, along with my own mods so it's easier to look out for bugs with patches.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io