Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    I don't like people that are just like 'kits are microtransaction wah wah wah microtransactions with a cute name' because they are NOT microtransactions, they are optional packs that you quite literally do not have to buy. .

Do you normally have to purchase microtransactions?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Sims 4 doesn't have enough sales. Well, if that was the case then how did i get all 3 bundles of Seasons, Parenthood and Spooky Stuff. It was all under an Origin sale! 55.00 for 3 packs! That's amazing! And now there is 50% off all Eps too. Yes i agree sims 4 and its packs are expensive but like take advantage.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2021
    Improved babies is a waste of time and resources. They are babies for 3 sim days.

I agree, and as a mom don’t find them unrealistic. Eat, sleep, mess the diaper, cry, need a quick cuddle, repeat...that’s the newborn phase. They truly don’t do much else irl until they crawl, and with most babies that only lasts until the pull up phase where the pull themselves to a standing position with furniture, pets, people’s legs whatever they can find and the next thing you know they’re walking, and all of that really only takes a couple of weeks, so I find it pretty accurate.

People wanted toddlers we got them and I agree they were a needed addition, but now it’s like that’s not enough now it’s a cry for “improved” babies and pre-teens, and “middle-age” and something between elder and adult. Pretty soon you will have to make a sim before you’re 10 if you don’t want the sim to completely outlive you, and forget about playing on a long life span, you’ll have to pass those sims on in your will.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    A lot of the simmers who requested Bust The Dust be nerfed probably don't own the kit. They watched James Turner's video and panicked.

I agree, and the same thing happened when weather deaths got nerfed in Seasons. Not a James Turner video, but one person came on here claiming all their NPC sim were dropping like flies outside the Willow Creek gym in winter during a blizzard. I tried and tried in a brand new vanilla game to recreate it and couldn’t no matter how long I kept my sim there and watched the entrance. Nobody died even during a blizzard that lasted three sim days. Nothing, they would spawn, shiver, turn bluish, run inside and be fine. Same when they left. Shiver, turn bluish run down the street, disappear. 🤷🏼‍♀️

In fact I was at a neighbor’s house in game yesterday during a day below freezing and they were all outside and they were shivering and turning blue so I made my sim go down the street to the park by the Screaming Llama and with him at the park still I panned back to the neighbors and then they were fine. I think whom ever started that panic had interference from a mod and never fessed up. Because I rarely if ever see sims die of weather.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    My unpopular opinions are that I can’t stand vampires (I think this is mainly TS3’s fault, I remember finding them really annoying in that game, but it applies to TS4 too because I haven’t even bothered to buy the pack lol), and that I’m so tired of crop tops in The Sims 4. Crop tops are cute & all, but the number of them in the game seems disproportionately high. Personally I just don’t really wear them all that often in real life, so maybe it’s just me.

No offence, if you didn't enjoy Vampires in Sims 3, that's cool... but how can you complain about Vampires in Sims 4 when you didn't even buy the pack?

It's ok not to like any of the occults in the game. Some simmers aren't occult players or they don't like certain occults. Sims 3 Vampires could be annoying. You really aren't missing out on anything by not buying the Vampire pack. Caleb is cute but not a good enough reason to buy the pack. It's ok to have experiences from past games in the franchises colour your views and opinions with Sims 4.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I don't like people that are just like 'kits are microtransaction wah wah wah microtransactions with a cute name' because they are NOT microtransactions, they are optional packs that you quite literally do not have to buy. .

Yes, a micro-transaction is generally something you have to purchase to ether advance in a game or to speed up advancement. Like Sims Freeplay for example, some actions take 8 real life hours to complete but for only 2 plumbobs you can complete it instantly to advance your sims day. What!? You’re out of plumbobs!? No worries friend you can purchase 50 for only 1000 simoleans. Oh! No! You only have $100 simoleans? No worries you can purchase 10,000 of those or only $20.00 real life dollars 💸. Or, wait 8 real life hours for your sim to come home from their rabbit hole job. Thems the brakes kid. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Kits however are not micro transactions. You do not have to buy them in any way shape or form to play the game or advance your sims day. You may feel compelled to have them, you may experience “f.o.m.o” for not having them, but your gameplay is not interrupted because you choose not to make the purchase.

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    @Pamtastic72 agree. Was just getting ready to post a response. Good thing I always read the entire thread before posting. 😄
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member

Yes, a micro-transaction is generally something you have to purchase to ether advance in a game or to speed up advancement. Like Sims Freeplay for example, some actions take 8 real life hours to complete but for only 2 plumbobs you can complete it instantly to advance your sims day. What!? You’re out of plumbobs!? No worries friend you can purchase 50 for only 1000 simoleans. Oh! No! You only have $100 simoleans? No worries you can purchase 10,000 of those or only $20.00 real life dollars 💸. Or, wait 8 real life hours for your sim to come home from their rabbit hole job. Thems the brakes kid. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Kits however are not micro transactions. You do not have to buy them in any way shape or form to play the game or advance your sims day. You may feel compelled to have them, you may experience “f.o.m.o” for not having them, but your gameplay is not interrupted because you choose not to make the purchase.

This exactly.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited March 2021
    @Pamtastic72 That wouldn't surprise me. As for BtD, I've been playing with it since release and no way could I ever earn thousands of simoleons in one night. And I discovered that if the dust bunnies' moods are below neutral they generate no money and refuse to look for valuables. And if the simmer doesn't want dust bunnies they can always destroy them. It's just laziness, brought on by a game that's too easy.

Even Parenthood was nerfed!
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited March 2021
    I don't understand the divide realistic players and supernatural player have with one another. Apart from some slight differences they're all the same sims.

@Nekia33painter I can't speak for all supernatural players, but while I don't really have a problem with most realistic players, I do get tired of seeing the strictly realistic crowd complain and rage whenever even the smallest amount of occult gameplay is announced. The attitude they take towards it is the worst, especially when they act like realistic play is under attack just because of the fact we get occult packs every now and then.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen comments like "More occult gameplay? We don't need any more occults. We have plenty in the game already. Realism players get nothing." And these were just over the Paranormal Stuff Pack.

And not only that, but these same realism players will buy packs that are clearly called Vampires and Realm of Magic and then proceed to complain about vampires and spellcasters being "too invasive" in their game and crying to the devs that the occult behaviors of these occult Sims that came in a pack strictly dedicated to these occult lifestates be toned down because they "wanted the CAS and BB but not the occults and now the occults are ruining their game." And then the occults get nerfed into oblivion to the point where they're hardly even noticeable anymore. This is exactly what happened with vampires. And Spellcasters practically came pre-nerfed. Probably for this exact same reason.

When they very easily could have just not bought the pack in the first place. And whenever someone tries to remind them of this, or give helpful suggestions about how to handle the occults in their game, they flip out on that person and refuse to listen. Like, they'd much rather just get the devs to nerf occults despite the fact it ruins the game for other people, rather than take the time to use what's provided in the game to help make the occults seem less invasive (ie garlic to prevent vamp break-ins.)

And honestly? I think a lot of occult players, much like myself are just getting sick of this and starting to fight back.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Like if you dont like occult gameplay, that's fine. No one's saying that you have to like vampires or whatever in your game. But what does it take for some players to realize that some of us LIKE OCCULT GAMEPLAY AND WANT TO SEE MORE OF IT? Is it a literal crime that I like the vampires and spellcasters in my game? Is it a crime that I regularly use occults alongside my human sims? Is it a crime that I have mods that enhance occult powers? Because based on what kind of responses Ive seen, its amazing that occult players havent been sentenced to a first and last time seat on Ol' Sparky!

I really need to see a decent argument against any occult gameplay that actually goes beyond "oh we dont need it". And this is something Ive been wanting to get out for a little while. Who here among us actually has the power to decide what the community "needs" and when? Im not talking about going on social media and screaming your demands as if you were holding something hostage. No. I mean you have an actual role within EA/Maxis, you're part of a decision to come up with the theme of the next few packs, and whatever you decide is what the community gets. The next pack is farming? Then the community is getting farming. The next pack is more star wars? Then the community is getting star wars. Raise your hand if you actually have a paid role like that. I'll wait. And if you dont have any role like that, then Im sorry but I got some bad news for you.

While Im waiting, I find it nothing short of melodramatic to claim that the game has "nothing for realistic players". First of all the game aint all that "realistic" in the first place. Vampires arent realistic sure, but neither is picking up the phone and getting a job at the hospital as a surgeon when all you did was play chess for an hour. Did your sim go to medical school? Nope! Yet I dont see too many simmers demanding that sims be required to go to university before they even get to see the first level of several careers. Now that's realism. But to say that you as a realism player has nothing in the game? Absolutely nothing? Almost every pack that isnt occult focused has nothing for simmers to integrate into their regular family gameplay? Good grief. How often do you open up a fridge filled to the brim with food and say, "there's nothing to eat!"?
    You think you could tag me next time before you call me out like that?! :lol:

Jokes aside, I agree. Look at my avatar! I love fairytales and magic, and occults have always been my favorite part of the series. I was utterly in love with the Realm of Magic pack, and I admit I still have a faint hope for fairies (I loved fairies in Sims 3, but I wish they weren't limited to being tricksters).

I think people confuse "simulation" and "reality". Games are not realistic! If games really reflected reality, they'd be pointless. The point of a game like The Sims is to simulate reality, not mirror it. Babies being stuck in a cradle for all their infancy isn't realistic. Humans don't "burst" into their next life stage. Pregnancy takes much, much longer than three days and there are many more effects (and risks!) than gaining weight. But I'm certain the realistic players aren't asking for the possibility of death by childbirth.

With all the custom content that exists, wanting the CAS and build items is hardly an excuse. If the realism players have a problem with occults in their game, it's their fault, but instead, the blame is shifted on the players who like fantasy elements because heaven forbid they accept they screwed up.

Like, who knew if you bought an occult pack, you'd have occults in your game? Shocking, right? /s
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I don't understand the divide realistic players and supernatural player have with one another. Apart from some slight differences they're all the same sims.

@Nekia33painter I can't speak for all supernatural players, but while I don't really have a problem with most realistic players, I do get tired of seeing the strictly realistic crowd complain and rage whenever even the smallest amount of occult gameplay is announced. The attitude they take towards it is the worst, especially when they act like realistic play is under attack just because of the fact we get occult packs every now and then.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen comments like "More occult gameplay? We don't need any more occults. We have plenty in the game already. Realism players get nothing." And these were just over the Paranormal Stuff Pack.

And not only that, but these same realism players will buy packs that are clearly called Vampires and Realm of Magic and then proceed to complain about vampires and spellcasters being "too invasive" in their game and crying to the devs that the occult behaviors of these occult Sims that came in a pack strictly dedicated to these occult lifestates be toned down because they "wanted the CAS and BB but not the occults and now the occults are ruining their game." And then the occults get nerfed into oblivion to the point where they're hardly even noticeable anymore. This is exactly what happened with vampires. And Spellcasters practically came pre-nerfed. Probably for this exact same reason.

When they very easily could have just not bought the pack in the first place. And whenever someone tries to remind them of this, or give helpful suggestions about how to handle the occults in their game, they flip out on that person and refuse to listen. Like, they'd much rather just get the devs to nerf occults despite the fact it ruins the game for other people, rather than take the time to use what's provided in the game to help make the occults seem less invasive (ie garlic to prevent vamp break-ins.)

And honestly? I think a lot of occult players, much like myself are just getting sick of this and starting to fight back.

My thoughts EXACTLY.

Like if you dont like occult gameplay, that's fine. No one's saying that you have to like vampires or whatever in your game. But what does it take for some players to realize that some of us LIKE OCCULT GAMEPLAY AND WANT TO SEE MORE OF IT? Is it a literal crime that I like the vampires and spellcasters in my game? Is it a crime that I regularly use occults alongside my human sims? Is it a crime that I have mods that enhance occult powers? Because based on what kind of responses Ive seen, its amazing that occult players havent been sentenced to a first and last time seat on Ol' Sparky!

I really need to see a decent argument against any occult gameplay that actually goes beyond "oh we dont need it". And this is something Ive been wanting to get out for a little while. Who here among us actually has the power to decide what the community "needs" and when? Im not talking about going on social media and screaming your demands as if you were holding something hostage. No. I mean you have an actual role within EA/Maxis, you're part of a decision to come up with the theme of the next few packs, and whatever you decide is what the community gets. The next pack is farming? Then the community is getting farming. The next pack is more star wars? Then the community is getting star wars. Raise your hand if you actually have a paid role like that. I'll wait. And if you dont have any role like that, then Im sorry but I got some bad news for you.

While Im waiting, I find it nothing short of melodramatic to claim that the game has "nothing for realistic players". First of all the game aint all that "realistic" in the first place. Vampires arent realistic sure, but neither is picking up the phone and getting a job at the hospital as a surgeon when all you did was play chess for an hour. Did your sim go to medical school? Nope! Yet I dont see too many simmers demanding that sims be required to go to university before they even get to see the first level of several careers. Now that's realism. But to say that you as a realism player has nothing in the game? Absolutely nothing? Almost every pack that isnt occult focused has nothing for simmers to integrate into their regular family gameplay? Good grief. How often do you open up a fridge filled to the brim with food and say, "there's nothing to eat!"?
    You think you could tag me next time before you call me out like that?! :lol:

Jokes aside, I agree. Look at my avatar! I love fairytales and magic, and occults have always been my favorite part of the series. I was utterly in love with the Realm of Magic pack, and I admit I still have a faint hope for fairies (I loved fairies in Sims 3, but I wish they weren't limited to being tricksters).

I think people confuse "simulation" and "reality". Games are not realistic! If games really reflected reality, they'd be pointless. The point of a game like The Sims is to simulate reality, not mirror it. Babies being stuck in a cradle for all their infancy isn't realistic. Humans don't "burst" into their next life stage. Pregnancy takes much, much longer than three days and there are many more effects (and risks!) than gaining weight. But I'm certain the realistic players aren't asking for the possibility of death by childbirth.

With all the custom content that exists, wanting the CAS and build items is hardly an excuse. If the realism players have a problem with occults in their game, it's their fault, but instead, the blame is shifted on the players who like fantasy elements because heaven forbid they accept they screwed up.

Like, who knew if you bought an occult pack, you'd have occults in your game? Shocking, right? /s

Quoting both of you at the same time because it's easier, but yes! All of this.

I defintely agree that it's melodramatic to say that there's "nothing for realistic players," but I can't even count the times I've seen people say that. I mean how is doing laundry not realistic? How is hiking up a mountain, snowboarding, sledding with kids, skiing, etc not realistic? Is going out to eat with your family or on a date something made up by movies? Or what about knitting? Was that made up too? It just outright baffles me when people say there's no gameplay for realistic players, when most of the packs do add some kind of realistic gameplay. Maybe not as much in the occult packs since they're dedicated to you know, occult gameplay but if you don't visit the Magic Realm in Realm of Magic, Glimmerbrook is basically just a small town with a bar in it and quirky neighbors. I don't know about you, but I think that can pass as being pretty realistic.

And you both make a very good point about the Sims not being all that realistic as well. I mean, you don't meet somebody at 8:00am for the first time and marry them by 8:00pm the same day like you can do in the Sims. You aren't prevented from going to the bathroom because there's a dog toy in your way. And basically everything else you mentioned @KayeStar.

And yet people still complain about the occults? It just makes no sense. I personally think the aforementioned stuff is far more unrealistic than some vampires or spellcasters running around and doing their thing.

I'm sorry, but if you hate occults and then buy an occult pack for the pretty CAS and Build items instead of electing to use CC, I don't feel sorry for you. I get that console players don't have that option, but still... you knew what you were getting into when you chose to buy an occult pack that is clearly named after the occult lifestate which its themed around. Saying you "didn't know" that the occults would be that "invasive" is not an excuse. If you get an occult pack, you should expect the occults to behave accordingly. I mean, I bought Laundry Day and have placed a laundry basket and washer/dryer in my homes knowing full well that it would generate dirty laundry when my Sims change clothes. And yet, you don't see me whining to the devs about it. If I no longer want that gameplay feature, I'll delete it from my house. (or just not put one down.) Simple as that.

If occults are that much of a problem for you and yet you still just have to have that pack, just delete the premades and don't create any new ones. Boom! Occult free game. It's not that hard.

And I get what you mean @InuMiroLover a lot of people do act like it's a crime that some of us actually like occults. So much that sometimes I feel like I'm going to get burned at the stake for mentioning I want more.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member

I agree, and the same thing happened when weather deaths got nerfed in Seasons. Not a James Turner video, but one person came on here claiming all their NPC sim were dropping like flies outside the Willow Creek gym in winter during a blizzard. I tried and tried in a brand new vanilla game to recreate it and couldn’t no matter how long I kept my sim there and watched the entrance. Nobody died even during a blizzard that lasted three sim days. Nothing, they would spawn, shiver, turn bluish, run inside and be fine. Same when they left. Shiver, turn bluish run down the street, disappear. 🤷🏼‍♀️

In fact I was at a neighbor’s house in game yesterday during a day below freezing and they were all outside and they were shivering and turning blue so I made my sim go down the street to the park by the Screaming Llama and with him at the park still I panned back to the neighbors and then they were fine. I think whom ever started that panic had interference from a mod and never fessed up. Because I rarely if ever see sims die of weather.[/quote]

Just wanted to say, I did experience this, outside my sims own home, with NPCs jogging and falling dead outside in a blizzard. I think this is one of the reasons it is so hard to bug fix this game sometimes, it acts so different on our individual computers, I didn't come complaining on the forums, but I did go in search of a mod to fix this situation, and still use it to this day, because their so called nerf didn't help. My NPC sims were still dropping like flies even after they nerfed it.
  • Options
    OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    I don't mind the monster under the bed causing a bit of night time drama.

I think the monster is a cute idea, but when I have a lot of kids (and I often do, I like orphanage scenarios, for example) it just... really rough, because all the kids get woken up by the monsters at least twice per night.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Sims 4 doesn't have enough sales. Well, if that was the case then how did i get all 3 bundles of Seasons, Parenthood and Spooky Stuff. It was all under an Origin sale! 55.00 for 3 packs! That's amazing! And now there is 50% off all Eps too. Yes i agree sims 4 and its packs are expensive but like take advantage.

I got Seasons, Jungle Adventure, and Spooky Stuff in a bundle on Xbox once for like, $25 USD because the bundle itself was 50% off. I couldn't believe it. I always take advantage of the sales. Especially the ones that come around once (or twice?) a year for 75% off.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I wish there was a Sims 4 store. I loved the Sims 3 store. Maybe Sims 5 will just be a store. And you only buy the components you want, not the whole pack of everything. Then everyone could just pick and choose what they want in their game.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I personally dislike the Bust the Dust kit. The bouncy dust bunnies reminds me of dust mites. Yuck! And am glad I never got that kit. :s
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member

I think the monster is a cute idea, but when I have a lot of kids (and I often do, I like orphanage scenarios, for example) it just... really rough, because all the kids get woken up by the monsters at least twice per night.

One of my families had a big problem with this, so I made the adults spray the monster under the bed right before the kids go to bed each night. That helps. Another good way to control the monster is to buy the monster-free beds. (Are those just in the Japanese expansion?)

Actually, I thought it was funny at first. This family had bad parents that didn't tend to the two younger girls very well, so I had the kids throw a lot of tantrums and cry and stuff to punish the parents. lol. Then when they aged up from toddlers to children, I gave the two girls traits befitting a neglected child. I think one was eccentric and I think the other I gave hot-headed. So they drove their parents crazy in the daytime, and at night. Plus all 4 kids shared a bedroom, so when one sees a monster under the bed, that sets them all off. It was pretty funny at first, but it got annoying after awhile so I started making the adults be extra careful to spray their beds every night.

• Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    Tammors wrote: »

One of my families had a big problem with this, so I made the adults spray the monster under the bed right before the kids go to bed each night. That helps. Another good way to control the monster is to buy the monster-free beds. (Are those just in the Japanese expansion?)

Actually, I thought it was funny at first. This family had bad parents that didn't tend to the two younger girls very well, so I had the kids throw a lot of tantrums and cry and stuff to punish the parents. lol. Then when they aged up from toddlers to children, I gave the two girls traits befitting a neglected child. I think one was eccentric and I think the other I gave hot-headed. So they drove their parents crazy in the daytime, and at night. Plus all 4 kids shared a bedroom, so when one sees a monster under the bed, that sets them all off. It was pretty funny at first, but it got annoying after awhile so I started making the adults be extra careful to spray their beds every night.

The monster under the bed would ok if the AI wasn't so terrible. Very rarely do parents spray the kid's bed when the kids wake them up. And it is annoying when they wake everyone up because no one wants to do it.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hate how slow the acting career is. My sim can only get one gig every five days as you have to wait two days for the audition, then another two days for it to start, then if your sim doesn't pass the audition you have to get another gig and wait days yet again for them to get the next gig.

Then even if you do get a gig they last less then one sim day and then they're over, if you want to do another gig you have to specifically sign up for one or else your sim will never get work and then it's another 4+ days waiting to do the next gig.. It's just so slow. If your sims famous enough you can get a perk to make the wait quicker but even then it's still pretty slow, and because there's so few gigs your sim gets a promotion after basically every single one which is very overpowered. I just wish gigs would either a. be more regular (like other active careers), or b. last longer, so one gig will be 4 working days rather than one
  • Options
    Sara1010P wrote: »

one person came on here claiming all their NPC sim were dropping like flies outside the Willow Creek gym in winter during a blizzard. I tried and tried in a brand new vanilla game to recreate it and couldn’t no matter how long I kept my sim there and watched the entrance. Nobody died even during a blizzard that lasted three sim days. Nothing, they would spawn, shiver, turn bluish, run inside and be fine. Same when they left. Shiver, turn bluish run down the street, disappear.

I think whom ever started that panic had interference from a mod and never fessed up. Because I rarely if ever see sims die of weather. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I've experienced the issue you're talking about, I placed a Spa down in Windenburg, but the front entrance of the spa was on the opposite side of the lot to where sims spawned. In a blizzard it took them forever to get indoors and about 4 sims died before they got in, then as one sim died other sims started to go outside to mourn and then they died as well. That was also an old pc so possibly the pc being slow made their journey inside slower as well which put them at higher risk. I've had blizzards off ever since.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    Sara1010P wrote: »

one person came on here claiming all their NPC sim were dropping like flies outside the Willow Creek gym in winter during a blizzard. I tried and tried in a brand new vanilla game to recreate it and couldn’t no matter how long I kept my sim there and watched the entrance. Nobody died even during a blizzard that lasted three sim days. Nothing, they would spawn, shiver, turn bluish, run inside and be fine. Same when they left. Shiver, turn bluish run down the street, disappear.

I think whom ever started that panic had interference from a mod and never fessed up. Because I rarely if ever see sims die of weather. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I've experienced the issue you're talking about, I placed a Spa down in Windenburg, but the front entrance of the spa was on the opposite side of the lot to where sims spawned. In a blizzard it took them forever to get indoors and about 4 sims died before they got in, then as one sim died other sims started to go outside to mourn and then they died as well. That was also an old pc so possibly the pc being slow made their journey inside slower as well which put them at higher risk. I've had blizzards off ever since.

I finally got a weather death yesterday. A random pear shaped townie man. I laughed so hard as he turned blue and tipped over. It was early spring no blizzard but the thermometer was empty (as in no blue) he spawned by the magic tree in Willow Creek and barely made it past Daisy Hovel and down he went. It was quite entraining. 😈
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Can be true with all the DLC. A Sims game is only as good as its base game. All Sims DLCs are microtransactions and the smaller the better and higher the chance to bait and switch a customer. Unless 100% cosmetic only with no gameplay they are pay to play microtranscactions. Just how they work and why they work so well given Sims 4 original MMO coding. Not going to be popular but I wished they had scrapped the Sims 4 coding completely and started with a new engine because it has been more money than it is worth to keep the broken engine running. Sad when an engine needs microtransactions to hide the underlying issues with the base game. Like trying to throw flowers on a poorly run car engine will never fix a broken car. My dad would call that like putting lipstick on a chicken. Microtransactions are that lipstick.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I wish there was a Sims 4 store. I loved the Sims 3 store. Maybe Sims 5 will just be a store. And you only buy the components you want, not the whole pack of everything. Then everyone could just pick and choose what they want in their game.
    Probably will be. EA CEO wants to bring the Sims Online back for the Sims 5, so expect a store. Kits are a good way to experiment the MMO route again.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    i get so irritated when occult players blame other (realistic) simmers, for nerfing down Vampires, when in reality its EA to blame, Maxis to blame. They shoe horned you, without giving you an option and lets not act like they simple cant give us options and settings, heck even dust the bust has a setting.
    Like they do listen to the community to some degree but dont only make changes for the community, there is a lot more going on on why exactly something happened. But sure lets attack each other when we should focus on the real ''enemie'' here.

But at the same time it is sad. Just like how they nerfed down whims and such, but it goes well with their vision for the sims to imaginate and take control. To have a safe space... Who knows if we ever get burglars, since they nerfed down Vampires.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    PreCiious wrote: »
    i get so irritated when occult players blame other (realistic) simmers, for nerfing down Vampires, when in reality its EA to blame, Maxis to blame. They shoe horned you, without giving you an option and lets not act like they simple cant give us options and settings, heck even dust the bust has a setting.
    Like they do listen to the community to some degree but dont only make changes for the community, there is a lot more going on on why exactly something happened. But sure lets attack each other when we should focus on the real ''enemie'' here.

But at the same time it is sad. Just like how they nerfed down whims and such, but it goes well with their vision for the sims to imaginate and take control. To have a safe space... Who knows if we ever get burglars, since they nerfed down Vampires.

I agree completely. They shouldn't be attacking other simmers. EA takes the responsibility on that.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    PreCiious wrote: »

I agree to an extent, the Sims team is to blame for how they were nerfed, but players are to blame for them being nerfed. If people didn't buy the pack and then complain they would've just been left how they are. It was the endless complaining from anti-occult players who bought an occult themed pack and were horrified that their game had occults in it that pushed for the "nerfing".

But yeah EA is to blame for how they dealt with it - they should've just dealt with the situation by adding a simple toggle in settings same as 3 and then everyone would've been happy, but instead they made vampires basically nonexistent and locked spellcasters in a realm. But that wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the complaints.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top