Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    i honestly don't mind stuff packs. they're fairly affordable and i think they mostly offer a decent amount of content (for their price point); not to mention that some of the more recent ones (tiny living and paranormal, for example) have been quite good.

additionally, content aside, i do like that stuff packs allow the developers to explore more 'out there'/less popular concepts, while also giving them a bit more focus than they'd probably get if they were simply another feature in a broader expansion pack (ie the concept of tiny living or even bowling).

i will admit that some stuff packs are a bit lacking, but overall, in my opinion, they aren't half bad.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited April 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    boombamboomboombamboom Posts: 52 Member
    I totally hate the open world.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    DecafHigh wrote: »
    Not sure if this is "unpopular" or not but the new skin tone mechanic is terrible. TERRIBLE. Great if you want to make sims of color I suppose, lots of options there. But as I think a lot of people probably guessed it would turn out, it is very hard if not impossible to make a decent caucasian skin tone. You can get some weird pink tones and a few kinda lighter browns but making just a regular old white person basically got cut out of the creator entirely. /smh

The skintones that existed prior to the update are still there, at least according to the threads I read when the update came out. You just might need to do more digging now. They're mostly in warm if that helps! :) The "cool" skintones are sometimes pinky though I must admit, so I'm hoping for another update. Why not, right?

My unpopular opinion is that the elder lifespan (on normal) is way too short. Ok, maybe it's popular but just unvoiced, but really 10 days on average? I've considered changing it with mccc but with nothing to do specifically with them idk what the point would be

• Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I enjoy solving negative emotions.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Not sure if this is "unpopular" or not but the new skin tone mechanic is terrible. TERRIBLE. Great if you want to make sims of color I suppose, lots of options there. But as I think a lot of people probably guessed it would turn out, it is very hard if not impossible to make a decent caucasian skin tone. You can get some weird pink tones and a few kinda lighter browns but making just a regular old white person basically got cut out of the creator entirely. /smh

Agreed. Since the skintone update I see NPCs in my game in colours human beings just don't come in! Some look like they are made from hot dog meat and some have a pale blue hint that makes them look like zombies.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Agreed. Since the skintone update I see NPCs in my game in colours human beings just don't come in! Some look like they are made from hot dog meat and some have a pale blue hint that makes them look like zombies.

The random generated skin tones and makeup are awful since the skin tone patch. I actually which I could remove this update from my game.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Thank you!

I kept saying to myself that some of these townies look like pasty ghosts or something. And when I go to edit them it's usually one of the "cool" skin tones that they've selected from.

I'm sorry but this ain't it. Sims really be looking like walking corpses or hot cheetos at times.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited February 2021
    I bought Journey To Batuu for $10.00. I agree with the popular opinion that gameplay wise it’s a total anomaly in TS4 and it truly separate from the rest of the game, but...it has a great BB catalog and many of the items are totally useable in regular buildings. For example many of the light fixtures have a slightly Moroccan feel, there are a couple of really cool vases in clutter that look fabulous in upscale homes, there’s a beast head in wall decor that look great in a cabin over a fireplace, the stone floor textures are really nice, and there’s even more I have managed to incorporate into regular builds. Some of the CAS is okay too, especially the hairstyles. So at a stuff pack price I am super happy with it.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited February 2021
    I don't mind gameplay being divided up into separate packs, i.e. Realm of Magic and Vampires as their own game packs rather than in a Supernatural expansion. I think its good to have a choice of what you want in your game - Vampire fans are not necessarily fans of spellcasters/witches and vice versa.

But, the only issue I have is that they could be fleshed out more. Yes, a popular opinion in that respect, but I feel like I should say it while on the topic :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I actually don't care what randomly generated townies look like at all they are disaster and will always be

just wish i could turn off their endless generation really because they don't have stories or anything and i often like to play scenarios where sims are not supposed to just walk in like hi nice abandoned island you have here

I am absolutely pleased with new pale skintones though and see 0 problem creating caucasian skintones with them
    even though one might need to dig a little cause some are under darker tone and you can brighten them to look more like what you wanted

especially in love with cool tones as I am northern ghostly entity myself and there is finally skintones I can use
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    edited February 2021
    Boy do I have some thoughts. But here’s two off the top of my head for now:

1) I actually like the emotions in this game. I’ve seen many that say the game would be better off without them, but for me it really helps flesh out the inner lives of my sims and makes it easier for me to grow attached to them; knowing how they specifically feel at all times. However, I do think the emotions need to have more consequences and challenging gameplay to them, as well as reflect sims individual personalities more. Then the system will literally be perfect for me.

2) This isn’t so much unpopular, just kind of an uncommon opinion but, I think this game does atmosphere really well, especially with regards to “social” places. I love going to festivals and night clubs just because of how lively they feel. Same for restaurants, bars, and San Myshuno in general.
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    edited February 2021
    I think Sims 4 has severely outstayed its welcome and we need to focus on improving gameplay aspects for TS5
    I agree, but I don't think there should be a Sims 5. I think Sims 4 needs to be the series' end because, at this point, it's nothing more than a "cash cow zombie", as TV Tropes calls it.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    KayeStar wrote: »
    I think Sims 4 has severely outstayed its welcome and we need to focus on improving gameplay aspects for TS5
    I agree, but I don't think there should be a Sims 5. I think Sims 4 needs to be the series' end because, at this point, it's nothing more than a "cash cow zombie", as TV Tropes calls it.

i would agree but it would be sad if ts4 was the end of this franchise cuz it has so much potential ea is too blind on greed to see, and it's sad.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Wanting a Sims 5 is a Popular Opinion, not an Unpopular Opinion. This Tread is about Unpopular Opinions.
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I kinda want the architecture of our builds to influence the game a little bit more. Similar to how Sims would get Decorated moodlets when you put in quality furniture and clutter. I think it'd be cool if they could maybe feel anxious (or thrilled, you do you) when you put floor-to-ceiling windows in the bathroom. Or they could have the possibility of falling sometimes to their deaths from railless balconies or slipping downstairs.
    Or they could also feel warm and cozy when you put in glass roofs. Something like that.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    I don't know if this an unpopular opinion or not (probably a very unpopular opinion), but at the moment I'm very frustrated with the programming the university content.

I guess both universities are settled in an international setting and that's is wonderful.

But now I'm in my decade challenge (not the us version) my Sim is again on the university and lives in a dorm for the first time and here my frustrations begins.

Almost every fellow student, who moves into the dorm, has the same very dark skin tone and wears a strange combinations of outfits. There are no variety of skin colors, only one time I had a spawned sim with an asian background, not even one other caucasian student has spawned. I wonder, does this happens on purpose? Am I wrong with my understanding of these universities?

So, I deal with them by changing the appearance with mccc, that they could fit better in my game. I want to make pictures with them, and they should wear the right outfit for their time.

But the very next day, the changed sim leaves the dormatory forever and the next sim moves in. This rinse and repeat with the lack of variety in the npc spawns annoys me so much, I don't think that I will use this dormatory system ever again. At least, not until I will reach the 21st century, where I can ignore every unplayed sim completely again.

I'm now at this point, that I will let my sim move out next term. I not a fan of playing the cas, I don't want to stick in there for hours ... for nothing. The cas has not a favorite clothes system, which would make it easier to use for me.

Sorry, my rant is over now, the sun shines again on the blue sky, spring is almost here, and I'm peaceful again, but still a little bit frustrated.
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited February 2021
    @Daravi
    It has more to do with how the game spawns sims in general, not just university, though the need for new students certainly triggers it. I can't even recall the last time my game spawned a caucasian sim, all of them are dark-skinned asians who must've gotten dressed in dark. No variety whatsoever. Really frustrating, I totally get how you feel. I never use dorms for the same reason, and I am starting to avoid visiting Britechester in general to save myself from being overrun by them.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    - Every game in this franchise has its pros and cons, and if sims 3/2 were the current edition people would be just as negative towards them as they are towards 4.

People would complain about 2 being closed world, about it lacking skin tones, about the lack of good black hairstyles, about it not having the gallery, etc. People would complain about basically every community lot and bar in 3 being empty, about the sims all looking the same, about the pudding faces, about the Calientes not being in the game, about the Goths and Agnes Crumplebottom looking nothing like they did in 2, etc etc
  • Options
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Wanting a Sims 5 is a Popular Opinion, not an Unpopular Opinion. This Tread is about Unpopular Opinions.

on this forum it's an unpopular opinion though
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Its actually unpopular, since multiple threads about actual Sims 5 (not peoples dream wishlist) are always bombarded by people saying they dont want it and should focus on TS4. In my opinion, wanting Sims 5 to debut at all, is an unpopular opinion. Or maybe the thought that i think it is unpopular is an unpopular opinion in itself?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

I dont think TS4 can become the game i feel like it should. The core of the game is not good. I think an entirely new game with a different vision needs to be made.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited February 2021
    I like the random craziness of townie outfits and if anything sometimes I wish it was more random and crazy.

Arvin.png
    This dude's cat ear and sweater combination were honestly a large part of the reason he became my Gen 3 heir's BFF. The fact that he wears a bag on his head in his party outfit is icing on the cake. <3 I would never have thought of that myself, I don't think it would ever have been a styled look, and I totally love it. I don't want my sims' neighborhoods to be full of boring conformists.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

I dont think TS4 can become the game i feel like it should. The core of the game is not good. I think an entirely new game with a different vision needs to be made.

This exactly, TS4 at its very core is broken. In order for it to ever be fixed would require the entire base game to be stripped down and re-coded, all of the content from the sims themselves, to the world, their interactions, clothing etc would also have to be restructured in order to work with the new base.
    As the game is currently all the sims team can do is patch and hope for the best, sure it's not ideal, but it's what they're stuck with.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top