Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Happy Lunar New Year!
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    How has everyone's week been?

it's Chinese (Lunar) New Year so because of that and Sunday being Valentine's day we're ordering Chinese food tonight
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Haven't had much time to play this month, but I did finally finish a chapter of Box of Chocolates.
    1.17 Friends
    image.png
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited February 2021

Hey @DeafSimmer and Writer's Lounge Peeps! Work has been busier than usual... in a good way. I guess, I'm always busy, but this week/last week it's been difficult to find time to play Sims/read SimLit. That's the life of a manager now. Haha. I'm finishing writing grants, writing a video script and scheduling volunteers today.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    So what are people doing for Lunar New Year(Friday)/Valentine's Day (Sunday)
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Anyways, how is everyone doing today?

Good, my s/o and I did a supply run and we picked up the ingredients for me to have pancakes on my birthday. :smile:

Happy birthday! Hopefully our real lesson from the past year is about cooking at home for our birthdays because only now do people understand my interests.

The spouse is unfortunately home sick. As long as I don't catch what he has, I plan to cook a beef roast and veggies with a broth on Sunday and then a gluten-free chocolate cake mix that I've been dying to try (my former college roomie sent it). :) I'm excited to use my crockpot again. Feels like too long since I've had time to make a home-cooked meal. And then it'll be Disney+ on the couch. We usually watch a Disney/Pixar movie around Valentine's.

Birthdays/celebrations at home can be nice, especially for an introvert like me who gets "peopled out" at my workplace throughout the week. I wanna come home and hibernate with my cats. Haha. :D

Good, my s/o and I did a supply run and we picked up the ingredients for me to have pancakes on my birthday. :smile:

Happy early birthday, @lilypadmeulin. Pancakes - I've got gluten-free pumpkin pancake batter and strawberry banana pancake batter sitting in my fridge. Actually quite tasty and with my electric griddle, it's super easy to cook all-in-one a fancier breakfast mid-week say on a Wednesday just cuz I feel like it. I like prepping food on the weekends to save me time on weekdays because I'm not a morning person. :sweat_smile: What kind of pancakes are you making?

Did you start your legacy/story with Nia yet? It makes me happy to see her face in your profile pic. I hope to eventually get back around to writing WWTA sometime this year.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    if you guys could say what fields of science are in Science career in the Get to Work pack? I need to pick one for my story to help it out a bit
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member

Happy early birthday, @lilypadmeulin. Pancakes - I've got gluten-free pumpkin pancake batter and strawberry banana pancake batter sitting in my fridge. Actually quite tasty and with my electric griddle, it's super easy to cook all-in-one a fancier breakfast mid-week say on a Wednesday just cuz I feel like it. I like prepping food on the weekends to save me time on weekdays because I'm not a morning person. :sweat_smile: What kind of pancakes are you making?

Did you start your legacy/story with Nia yet? It makes me happy to see her face in your profile pic. I hope to eventually get back around to writing WWTA sometime this year.

@AdamsEve1231

I did start Nia's legacy! You can find the thread here with links to all the chapters. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and she's ended up in a relationship with a very nice guy! No spoilers other than that, though, if you want to read it.

My pancakes are just plain pancakes, with all the toppings I want - so pretty much whipped cream and maple syrup. I also like chocolate sauce with canned pears and cream, which is super super nice! I melted some chocolate last time, but I'm going the Nutella route next time.

• Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member

Hey :) I've been very busy with finishing up my move, unpacked lots of boxes, hang up some art on the wall, install lamps, the usual. I think I'm almost done but with moving you never know :D
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member

My pancakes are just plain pancakes, with all the toppings I want - so pretty much whipped cream and maple syrup. I also like chocolate sauce with canned pears and cream, which is super super nice! I melted some chocolate last time, but I'm going the Nutella route next time.

Now I'm hungry for pancakes after all that! :grimace:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options
    if you guys could say what fields of science are in Science career in the Get to Work pack? I need to pick one for my story to help it out a bit
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    How is Saturday treating you so far?

Pretty well actually. I'm drinking tea and binge reading @SnuffyBucket's story. :blush:
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited February 2021
    I've been doing well, too. I had been binge-reading CathyTea's story called Shift, a Youth on Their Own challenge story.

shift is a great story, the only reason i never recccomend cathtea stories on what i'm reading day is cause i don't want it to look like i'm playing favorites. i do like all stories just like i said but i read cathteas the most before my eyes started giving me trouble.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    what science could serums be under?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

There's definitely some botany with the growing of plants.

Serums would be chemistry at the most basic, possibly biochemistry as well for a more specialized chemistry field if they are some that have effects on Sims.

There's physics and engineering among other stuff with the invention machine.

There's geology with the work with metals.

So there's not really just one branch of science being worked on.

So you'll need to figure out what aspects of that career are going to be the focal point of the story and come up with something from there.

Which parts will feature in your story?
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Serums would be chemistry at the most basic, possibly biochemistry as well for a more specialized chemistry field if they are some that have effects on Sims.

So you'll need to figure out what aspects of that career are going to be the focal point of the story and come up with something from there.

Oh I'm just figuring out parts of my story and I was trying to figure out a way for Elizabeth to have an interest in science as a teen instead of sports so I needed to figure out what sciences there were in the Science career in GTW. I have had a few suggestions about how to do that but I needed to kind of narrow down the fields of science in GTW career to helping me out a bit since I'm only on the teen years at the moment
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

Like a year ago I could eat pancakes like this. Now that I've lowered my sugar intake drastically, I can't stand things like whipped cream, chocolate syrup, etc. But I DO still like dark chocolate chips and I can still eat pure maple syrup. I had pumpkin pancakes this morning with diced apples and a little honey.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Like a year ago I could eat pancakes like this. Now that I've lowered my sugar intake drastically, I can't stand things like whipped cream, chocolate syrup, etc. But I DO still like dark chocolate chips and I can still eat pure maple syrup. I had pumpkin pancakes this morning with diced apples and a little honey.

we might be having pancakes on Tuesday this week being Maradi Gras Tuesday
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Oh I'm just figuring out parts of my story and I was trying to figure out a way for Elizabeth to have an interest in science as a teen instead of sports so I needed to figure out what sciences there were in the Science career in GTW. I have had a few suggestions about how to do that but I needed to kind of narrow down the fields of science in GTW career to helping me out a bit since I'm only on the teen years at the moment

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, the science career in GTW could be construed to be just about any science field if you focus on the right stuff.
  • Options
    what does this picture tell you:
    mqqsfnT.png
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    i finally have a working game again. i was in the process of updating my mods when mom decied to wash my kitchen floor the old fashioned way. she asked for paer towels and i didn't want to throw them at her so i walked on the floor and fell injuring my entire right foot well the top was bruised that bone on the side and somehow both the front and back of my leg were all bruised. the irony is mom had just finished a note to my ils worker about showing me how to do things. then i couldn't cause i was limping everywhere. so gonna try and update tonight. after dinner.
  • Options
    Opps I was responding to @lilypadmeulin with my comment but somehow I quoted @LegacySims2017. :#

I'll check out Nia's legacy soon. I'm looking forward to seeing her appear in a story other than mine.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Opps I was responding to @lilypadmeulin with my comment but somehow I quoted @LegacySims2017. :#

I'll check out Nia's legacy soon. I'm looking forward to seeing her appear in a story other than mine.

You responded to my response to her about the pancakes, so she still got it. Her comment made me hungry for pancakes after I read that.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Options

You responded to my response to her about the pancakes, so she still got it. Her comment made me hungry for pancakes after I read that.

momwas suprised i'm out of butter . forgot to tell her since my foot throbs. lately i have this frozen waffle thing. the other kind are kinda big.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top