Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the oddest thing you've seen your Sims do?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    I once saw a ghost get I to a car and drive to Bridgeport. That gave me a laugh and would be from the days of car spawning! Sadly I lost the picture :(

I have also seen naked Sims but I dare not share the pictures here ;)

When I first started playing sims 3, I was playing the Langerak family in Sunset Valley. Parker got out of the shower and he glitched out and was basically naked but with like no *parts*. I was horrified (as he looked like a naked mole rat) and made him change into his everyday clothes.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    cwaddell wrote: »
    @cwaddell, I just wanna know HOW he got on the table. And he seems to be looking at the sky (you) like, "why hasn't she called me back?"

If left on their own sims with the party animal trait will often hop up on tables and counters to dance.

I think sims without the Party Animal trait can do it too if they've had a drink AND they're at a party or a club.

Party Animals just do it on their own without drinking. They'll hop up on a table or counter whenever the mood strikes. Even if their roommate is trying to eat some hot wings...

DancinonPlates.jpg
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I once saw a ghost get I to a car and drive to Bridgeport. That gave me a laugh and would be from the days of car spawning! Sadly I lost the picture :(

I've seen that before (both actually)! :open_mouth:

First: the ghost car -
    Screenshot-9958_zps6coqfskf.jpg
    Please don't vaporize while you're driving, Mr Ghost...

Those of you who have never had the "naked Sim glitch" (yet...), the best way to describe it is looking at a naked Barbie and Ken doll. Yep, that's what your Sim looks like under the censor grid.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2016
    Forgot all about this one, and no screenshot could have done it justice. Not sure it qualifies though, because my sim didn't really do anything unusual, it was just a coincidence. My sim was at the hospital in labor, about to have twins. It was a very long labor, I was getting nervous. Really nervous, as in about to start pacing the floors. Felt like it had been way too many sim hours, something must be wrong. And then finally, I got a bright yellow game notification with my sim's picture on it. Phew, pass out the cigars!

Oh wait, not so fast...

(My sim's name) has grown a perfect head of lettuce!

Eh?! Well, they are a Level 10 career Scientist but that's not exactly what they've been working on all this time...oh. It did happen to be 5 am by then, the plants do progress into their next life stage at that hour, but the state of their garden at home wasn't really on my mind at the time. My sim was still in labor. A couple of sim hours later the twins were born one right after the other, perfectly healthy.

And yes, they did have Autumn Salad for dinner that night to celebrate. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Propose with the ring in a box, in a bowl of mac'n'cheese.
    And it wasn't a little bowl, it was the big one.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    amaresityamaresity Posts: 319 Member

That reminds me of one I had she was a acrobat and had a shower before heading to her gig she ended up doing the whole show starkers and yeah it was like a naked barbie (with bright blue wings cause she was a fairy)

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @king_of_simcity7 Your comment about the ghost driving a car reminded me of a couple of similar things in one of my game.

In Isla Paradiso, I had an alien visit my sims' houseboat with her scanning device, but instead of leaving in her spaceship, she took off in a sailboat! :o
    Alien%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

I followed her and watched her sail all around the islands before she got to where she was "beamed" up to the mother ship. Along the way, she sailed by a ghost (Cara Dregg) paddling in her own boat. Cara was a drowning victim, but I guess she still enjoyed the water. :D
    Alien%252520%2525283%252529.jpg

But Cara wasn't the only ghost out on the water. Here she's rowing along with her drowned husband Edward, who had their little pet dog at his side. :#
    Screenshot-3.jpg

Now that did make me laugh! Lol :smiley:

I've seen that before (both actually)! :open_mouth:

First: the ghost car -
    Screenshot-9958_zps6coqfskf.jpg
    Please don't vaporize while you're driving, Mr Ghost...

Those of you who have never had the "naked Sim glitch" (yet...), the best way to describe it is looking at a naked Barbie and Ken doll. Yep, that's what your Sim looks like under the censor grid.

Well I had a male Sim get out of the shower naked and head straight to work at the office and he had been naked all day until he came home and then helped his teenage daughter with her home work.

He was still naked and no one noticed all day until I sent him for another shower and the bug had fixed itself.

I did share thr pics on the forums but got into trouble for it, then got banned a little while later...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    cwaddell wrote: »
    @cwaddell, I just wanna know HOW he got on the table. And he seems to be looking at the sky (you) like, "why hasn't she called me back?"

If left on their own sims with the party animal trait will often hop up on tables and counters to dance.

I think sims without the Party Animal trait can do it too if they've had a drink AND they're at a party or a club.
    I have a sim, and his mother, who both dance on counters at home (and anywhere they go where there is music).
    Both are party animals.
  • Options
    Anonymous_Loba24Anonymous_Loba24 Posts: 528 Member
    edited February 2016
    @wolfkomoki1, the lovely glitches are back. Me likey.
    @king_of_simcity7 I would've loved to see it. Ghosts do the strangest things in game.
    @lanlyn I guess the alien wanted a look-see around the ole islands. Nice time to sail, I might add. Seems romantic. But what is up with their facial expressions and positions???
    @KNORear Similar thing happened with my Sim teen, only he apparently picked up a taser if I'm not mistaken.
    @girlwhocriedtaylor I had the exact same thing happened in Bridgeport, only she completely glitched and my female Sim somehow made her natural state her performance outfit. Had to go into CAS and fix it, but MAN was that weird.
    @GabbyGirlJ, I think your Sims just enjoying dancing on tables...
    @5782341b77vl, I am confused as to the fact that ghosts can drive and sail boats, but float through walls. I sense a problem in the system.
    @igazor, well it's not uncommon as labor can last for quite a while. Maybe EA was attempting to be more realistic with births.
    @Movotti, gonna have to explain it more or show me pics as I'm highly confused...
    @amaresity, That's what I meant with @girlwhocriedtaylor. Same thing happened and she went to a show, her childs school, and work in her natural state.
    @king_of_simcity7, don't think they want the barbie and ken dolls online. Can't see why, it's literally nothing there but smoothness. Now if you're ADDING things, then yes I get it.

Okay how are they even getting on the counters and tables? Do they actually climb or just morph there if you leave them alone long enough???

Oh and new odd thing: My Sim has quads again. Now that's not the odd thing. The odd thing is the mother is blond and the father has black hair. All the kids, except ONE, have blond or black hair. One kid, I believe Ramira, has brown hair. Looks almost reddish. I kinda wanna recolor it cause she just sticks out. I'll be adding pics on 'what happened in your game today' forum if you're curious.
    4079d81271f2af485384f79de0670e0a.gif
  • Options
    WonderstruckkWonderstruckk Posts: 195 Member
    One of my Sims fell in love with her Uncle.
    anigif_enhanced-25237-1426197588-11_preview.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @Movotti, gonna have to explain it more or show me pics as I'm highly confused...
    The mac'n'cheese?
    You know the large serving bowl? When they're done cooking, and empty the pan into it. Well, it stuck, and he was carrying it around for days, then when he proposed, the bowl was still there, and the box with the ring appeared in the bowl.

Edit: just thought of another odd thing: sitting on the edge of the bath, or on the toilet, to eat, when there aren't enough chairs.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    I had a teen Werewolf dressed as a mermaid come by Trick Or Treating the other night.

Screenshot-203_zpso1m86sut.jpg
    giphy.gif

• Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Last night while playing my Grisby-Lothario family, I invited the parents over to meet their new grandchildren. Victoria rolled a wish to jump on the trampoline with elder mom Yvette Grisby. So of course I had to try that. Watching those two bounce on the trampoline was the funniest Sims thing I have ever seen. Seriously, I was laughing so hard I failed to get pictures. :):):)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    KATENESS wrote: »
    I had a teen Werewolf dressed as a mermaid come by Trick Or Treating the other night.

Screenshot-203_zpso1m86sut.jpg

Wow... I don't know what to say to that...
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I did take a picture on the trampoline!!

screenshot_original.jpg
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    edited February 2016
    It's a bit creepy, but lately my toddlers have been changing shape then climb up and down the ladders, then they go back to normal when done..
  • Options
    mmallory10mmallory10 Posts: 53 Member
    One of my Sims fell in love with her Uncle.

Several of my sims have an Uncle that is also their Brother
  • Options
    kjobirdkjobird Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh golly, I have seen quite a few weird things happen in my sims game that make no sense. I actually have a list though there is probably more that I am forgetting to put on. I know some of these are normal for the game ( I just find some of them laughable, or just odd), others are probably glitches and some of them are irritating and others are amusing

In no particular order:
    1. Toddlers climbing up the wall
    2. A mermaid/spell caster/alien hybrid whos fin looks like bent legs
    3. ( same hybrid as before) can only walk with their fin ( fin never goes away)
    4. Spellcaster attempts to fix leaking toilet, sink, bathtub, shower or faucet with repair spell, but ends up setting it on fire ( seems a bit odd for something that is spraying water to be able to catch on fire)
    5. A mother sim having minor romantic feelings for one of her twin daughters ( who at the time was a toddler. I have since fixed that)
    6. A sim randomly turns invisible
    7. Sim randomly ends up on top of a table or counter and for some reason cant get down
    8. Mermaid hybrid ( ive never had this happen with a sim who was just a mermaid) swim through the floor
    9. Sims walking through counters
    10. Sims walking through each other
    11. Racoons as cats ( I know they are part of the game and they are cute. However, although im not an expert on racoons, I don’t think they are in the cat family so Idk why they would be put as cats)
    12. ( this applies to apartments) cat can go outside alone, but dog cant. How is one pet able to go out alone but the other cant?

That’s my current list though there is probably more
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited February 2021
    kjobird wrote: »
    Oh golly, I have seen quite a few weird things happen in my sims game that make no sense. I actually have a list though there is probably more that I am forgetting to put on. I know some of these are normal for the game ( I just find some of them laughable, or just odd), others are probably glitches and some of them are irritating and others are amusing

In no particular order:
    1. Toddlers climbing up the wall
    2. A mermaid/spell caster/alien hybrid whos fin looks like bent legs
    3. ( same hybrid as before) can only walk with their fin ( fin never goes away)
    4. Spellcaster attempts to fix leaking toilet, sink, bathtub, shower or faucet with repair spell, but ends up setting it on fire ( seems a bit odd for something that is spraying water to be able to catch on fire)
    5. A mother sim having minor romantic feelings for one of her twin daughters ( who at the time was a toddler. I have since fixed that)
    6. A sim randomly turns invisible
    7. Sim randomly ends up on top of a table or counter and for some reason cant get down
    8. Mermaid hybrid ( ive never had this happen with a sim who was just a mermaid) swim through the floor
    9. Sims walking through counters
    10. Sims walking through each other
    11. Racoons as cats ( I know they are part of the game and they are cute. However, although im not an expert on racoons, I don’t think they are in the cat family so Idk why they would be put as cats)
    12. ( this applies to apartments) cat can go outside alone, but dog cant. How is one pet able to go out alone but the other cant?

That’s my current list though there is probably more

The sims going invisible is an career outfit problem that can be fixed by changing the outfit.

Also, this thread will probably get closed from necroposting, but I found this thread to be quite interesting.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    Deleted