Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twilight Falls Preview

Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
Still in development, I wanted to show you the new world I'm working on, it's probable several weeks away from being completed.

See what you think so far:-

Screenshot-14-4.jpg
Screenshot-2-5.jpg
Screenshot-18-2.jpg
Screenshot-16-4.jpg
Screenshot-15-4.jpg
Screenshot-4-3.jpg
Screenshot-13-3.jpg
Screenshot-12-2.jpg
Screenshot-11-2.jpg
Screenshot-10-1.jpg

Some of the key features that the world will contain:-
Compressed textures (DX5 format) to increase loading times
The neighborhood will be split into several theme areas
The final version will contain several remixed featured lots that I've made
Hidden tombs, campsite, sea and river fishing zones.
A pirate ghost, the league of evil, the league of justice and of course a pretty lady to gel the story of the world together.

Also this is a open invation for anybody who like to have a lot or sim includeing in this world to post a link and I will do my best to include them in the world.

Many thanks for viewing all feedback welcome, the final version will be ready in the new year, also there will be a seperate download location for the coimpressed textures and a lite version of the world, so you can play about with the world in CAW.

Comments

• Options
    worldwaffleworldwaffle Posts: 484 New Member
    edited December 2009
    It's nice, Just two things:

1.) the waterfall looks a little too stony, and makes your otherwise quaint town look busy. Leave some stones on the bottom, but not on the cliff going down.

2.) I don't know if your intention for the park with the people was for it to look busy and stand out, but doesn't really match the surroundings

But other than that, It's really nice. (How'd you get the bridge?)
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,994 Member
    edited December 2009
    Stw40,

Very impressive! I'm working hard on my own map, thinking that I might be the first person to get his map featured by EA. You might just beat might to it!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    It's nice, Just two things:

1.) the waterfall looks a little too stony, and makes your otherwise quaint town look busy. Leave some stones on the bottom, but not on the cliff going down.

2.) I don't know if your intention for the park with the people was for it to look busy and stand out, but doesn't really match the surroundings

But other than that, It's really nice. (How'd you get the bridge?)

Thanks very much for the feedback, I've had another look at the waterfall and you very correct in what your saying, the waterfall was the first thing I did for the world and a lot changed since then, so I've remade the area and included a cummunity lot behind the falls for some dangerous fishing:-
    Screenshot-19-1.jpg
    essad.jpg
    Screenshot-8-2.jpg
    I still need to a little tidy up, but you should see how it will look from these pics.

Next, the mural, that will part of the main town area, I've yet to include them buildings, I will see what the area looks like before I make a judgement on the picture, I wanted to use it to give the town some character.

The bridge is from WA, you should find it in the game objects.

Thanks Damien, not sure about a feature, my actual top priority is to make a fully working world for myself, I want a world that I can build lots into, thou the finished version will have the downloader in mind, no store objects, reduce the loading times of the world etc.

• Options
    cdowlarcdowlar Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    Looks mint mate! Can't wait to see the finished product!
  • Options
    CheckerPjsCheckerPjs Posts: 1,666 New Member
    edited December 2009
    amazing!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thanks cdowlar and CheckerPjs :D

PREVIEW 2

I've more or less completed the terrain, I need to sort out the buildings and house's next, it's still not to late to have your very own lot designed lot placed in the world(post a link).

Anyway here is a more updated pics on how the world looks:-

Screenshot-21-3.jpg
    Screenshot-8-3.jpg
    Screenshot-7-3.jpg
    Screenshot-22-2.jpg
    Screenshot-20-4.jpg
    Screenshot-19-2.jpg

Still a lot to do, but you can see the world taking shape, thanks fot viewing.

:mrgreen:

• Options
    worldwaffleworldwaffle Posts: 484 New Member
    edited December 2009
    That town looks amazing! I really like the waterfall now, and everything does look great!
  • Options
    Kowkow2Kowkow2 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited December 2009
    You've done a wonderful job! Truly amazing! Can't wait to see it finished.
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Really good job! Just a little too much details for me, but thats just because I like simple farmtowns more. You have really used some time making the town. Great job!
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited December 2009
    Wow, very nice.
    So, I've got a question. What's are those images next to the fountain. Looks like something you'd see in a cathedral in rome.
  • Options
    MickydMickyd Posts: 117 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I like that you didnt just go with the default grass, you took time to give it love and darkened it up. People dont realize that that makes the world really pop!
  • Options
    CrutchfieldCrutchfield Posts: 3
    edited December 2009
    I really like the waterfall now. This "hood" seems a bit too lively for me at the moment (yeah, I'm boring lol). I like it a lot though, and I will download it for sure. Again, great job!
    How long did this project take you?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Two screen shots with some of the house's in place:-

Screenshot-30.jpg
    Screenshot-2-6.jpg

worldwaffle- I'm pleased you like the waterfall, it's how the world got it's name, so it needs to have character. :D

Kowkow2-Thankyou for your nice comments, I think it will be finished in about a week, then I will be play testing for another week. So ready in about 2 weeks

Anonymous-I did try to go for a higher level of detail, thats just my taste, I will probable only ever build one world for the sims 3, so I wont it to be detailed, so it will stand the test of time when playing upcoming EP's

debra1970p- Thanks, the image next to the fountain, which will soon be the main town area, is 4 textures linked together to form a picture.

Mickyd-The EA textures have no compression on them and that default.tga texture is a whopping 2049kb, which in turn adds to the loading time and uploading time and if you use a loads of textures like this, slower machines will start to blow up. When I started the project, I compressed all the EA textures and created some new texture to replace the high Kb texture files, the actual green default grass I use is only 171Kb large. I can have nearly 12 textures at 171Kb, for the Kb cost of the EA texture. It just makes more sence doing it this way than any other method. :D

• Options
    vidkid20vidkid20 Posts: 3,735 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Its gorgeous! I love it! :-D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thanks so much vidkid20 :D
  • Options
    KiefSaffaKiefSaffa Posts: 176
    edited December 2009
    Sacre Bleu
    c'est magnifique!

Very Nice so Far
    ;) Please please don't give up
    No?
  • Options
    snuttdisnuttdi Posts: 270 Member
    edited December 2009
    I must say that what you have done so far is amazing! I think that your world looks interesting and nice! I can't wait to see the finished results!

• Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited December 2009
    WOW! That's the best neighbourhood that I have seen till now in the exchange! Love the waterfall, love the decoration and the placement of houses! Well done! I would definitely recommend your neighbourhood once you upload it to the exchange! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    KiefSaffa- I've got no plans in giving up, I want a world that I've got for my game that I've made myself, I will be seeing this world until the end, my only concern was may internet playing up, I had loads of problems prior to xmas, but it seems to better now, touch wood.

snuttdi- Many thanks, this preview will give you a good idea of the finished look of the town.

yanti68-Many thanks for your kind words. :D

PREVIEW 3

Lets have look at the town for preview 3.

You can see all the rabbit holes used in the town, hidden behind the castle wall is the old market town.
    Screenshot-5-4.jpg
    Outside the townhall during the day.
    Screenshot-4-4.jpg
    You can now see what the pic in the floor was all about, I built a lot around the pic and turned it into a big park location.
    Screenshot-7-4.jpg
    A extra bonus the town contains one of my good vs evil featured lots, which is part of the story behind twilight falls.
    Stew.png

• Options
    syrax2580syrax2580 Posts: 262
    edited December 2009
    i want it . i want it now !! haha brillaint job matey
  • Options
    starfall56starfall56 Posts: 58 Member
    edited December 2009
    Looks awesome! I love the darker grass.
  • Options
    GLAMhorrorGLAMhorror Posts: 108 Member
    edited December 2009
    It's awesome!!
    :]]
    I think I fell in love with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Nothing much to report on building the world so far, few small updates I'm still on target for about a 10th of january release date, depending on how long it takes to play test.
    I hope to finish all the lots that I will be useing by the end of this week, I update the pics then.

Many thanks for all your nice feedback so far.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    stylus325stylus325 Posts: 958 New Member
    edited December 2009
    amazing! =O
  • Options
    bloodyrose29813bloodyrose29813 Posts: 408 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i want this!!! looks coooolllll hehe when do u think itll be ready dont rush lol