Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twilight Falls Preview

Comments

• Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Thanks stylus325 :mrgreen:

No chance of rushing I wont release anything until I'm 100% happy with the result, If I make my target date then thats cool, if not I will release the moment I've completed the play testing.

A few pics for you, some of the area's are a little uncompleted, but you can see how the area will look, when it's been fine tuned etc:-

Screenshot-2-7.jpg
    Screenshot-6-4.jpg
    Screenshot-8-4.jpg
    Screenshot-31.jpg
    Screenshot-9-3.jpg
  • Options
    MissSkellzMissSkellz Posts: 31
    edited December 2009
    This town looks awesome!!! I give you two thumbs up and cannot wait for the download of the final product. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    bloodyrose29813bloodyrose29813 Posts: 408 New Member
    edited December 2009
    im sure ur g2 have a ton of downloads!
  • Options
    worldwaffleworldwaffle Posts: 484 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Stw402 wrote:
    Two screen shots with some of the house's in place:-

Screenshot-30.jpg
    Screenshot-2-6.jpg

worldwaffle- I'm pleased you like the waterfall, it's how the world got it's name, so it needs to have character. :D

Kowkow2-Thankyou for your nice comments, I think it will be finished in about a week, then I will be play testing for another week. So ready in about 2 weeks

Anonymous-I did try to go for a higher level of detail, thats just my taste, I will probable only ever build one world for the sims 3, so I wont it to be detailed, so it will stand the test of time when playing upcoming EP's

debra1970p- Thanks, the image next to the fountain, which will soon be the main town area, is 4 textures linked together to form a picture.

Mickyd-The EA textures have no compression on them and that default.tga texture is a whopping 2049kb, which in turn adds to the loading time and uploading time and if you use a loads of textures like this, slower machines will start to blow up. When I started the project, I compressed all the EA textures and created some new texture to replace the high Kb texture files, the actual green default grass I use is only 171Kb large. I can have nearly 12 textures at 171Kb, for the Kb cost of the EA texture. It just makes more sence doing it this way than any other method. :D

Just one (or two) more critique:

1.) The entrance (in the first picture) looks kinda oddish because of all those billboards

2.) There's *just a tad* too much detail pieces crammed together
  • Options
    kaillbarrkaillbarr Posts: 45 New Member
    edited December 2009
    That is so cool! I love the waterfall!!! :D
  • Options
    splaylesplayle Posts: 257 New Member
    edited December 2009
    This is bookmarked as a must download when it becomes available.
  • Options
    teasingmeat1teasingmeat1 Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Excellent work..Stw402.. :D
    amazing pix..love all your personal creations..
    will be looking forward too the end result..
    your friend TM1 :wink:
  • Options
    hueyyihueyyi Posts: 7 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Wow, it's so great!
    Can't wait til it come up.
  • Options
    DevorahArreaDevorahArrea Posts: 266 New Member
    edited December 2009
    This is a must have! I just love your world and will be so happy to play it! GREAT JOB! Thumbs up for sure. I am bookmarking and am looking foward for it's relese!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    dddvdvf.jpg
    Thanks again for your nice comments about this project, it's a mammoth job this, oh well, If I can stay of the Wii then I should be fine with my target finish day,

Thanks worldwaffle for your comments about the entrance to the city area, I've had little tweak around that area, it looks a little better. :D

So rather than show you more of the map, I wanted to show this lot that will be an alternative place for your sims to live.

Prior to release of CAW, it was inpossible to fully submerge a lot, but with a some Caw tweaking I've made the boat that your sims can live in, sit under the water.
    Screenshot-12-3.jpg
    Another good thing about this lot you can see all the waves come crashing around the boat.
    Screenshot-11-3.jpg
    The night time view makes some nice eye candy a really nice alternative to living inside a house.
    Screenshot-13-4.jpg

Thanks again and have a great NEW YEAR!!!!

• Options
    BadBatGal247BadBatGal247 Posts: 25
    edited January 2010
    Wow! that looks just amazing! Did you want to make a twilight world for me (The book/movie) with La push in it and all? :wink:
  • Options
    juelle_loujuelle_lou Posts: 580 Member
    edited January 2010
    Wrong Twilight thread BadBatGal247 :mrgreen:
    but this world is gorgeous :shock:
  • Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    edited January 2010
    Fabulous World so far Stew! You continue to create wonderful things! I've not done much with TS3 yet, but CAW has me inspired enough to build again and I'm working on my own world. I'm trying to finish it up during my break from school but there are so many little details to take care of I don't know if I will ever finish it!

I'm looking forward to downloading your world, so stay off the Wii and get this finished :wink:

Amy
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    BadBatGal247- I'm sure I'm the only person in the world thats not seen Twilight, thou this world as nothing to do with the books or film, the name was coincidental.
    I did not even think about the film prior to the name, thou I did think I might add a dew darker elements to the world, so thats where the name twilight was from.

Anyway here's a little link from James At War all about twilight:-
    Twilight New Moon parody of Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9iKNDiiBqE

juelle_lou-Thanks :mrgreen:

simbody872-Yes boss, :lol: I will stay of the Wii, even thou we have 6 new games that we got for xmas and I've yet to play them, I'm doing my best to ignore the calling of Mario.

Some new pics for you

A Home Away from home, every sim needs a break now and again this perfect luxury hotel will give your sims just that without any flying.
    sfsdfe.jpg
    Sadly I'm only human, and the umbrella floating out to sea was a error on my part, thou I did delete this error and punished myself. :lol:
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    Not every player loves a good luxury hotel, perhaps sleeping under the stars will help relax the sim.
    fsdfs-1.jpg
    Thats a big sandcastle, just something for the kids to play about with on the beach.
    sfsdfdf.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2010
    I've been busy going back to work after new year, so building a new world was tricky with less time to play about with.

I've hit a problem that might stop me uploading the world, the size of the world is already a whopping 60mb, the size does not concern me that much, riverview was 69mb. I've got a backup plan, which will be to start removing the lots until I can lower the world to a uploadable level. The main increase in size is due to the lots, without the lots the world was about 15mb.

All I can say at this point the world will be uploaded sometime next week, but I'm not sure on how much of the world will be uploaded due to the exchange.

PREVIEW 4

A full preview and updated pics, you can see more or less see the completed world, I've still got to do the military base, a few starter lots, the Spawn placements, rocks, fish etc and I need to play test the world.

Screenshot-13-5.jpg
    Screenshot-10-2.jpg
    Screenshot-11-4.jpg
    Screenshot-14-5.jpg
    Screenshot-6-5.jpg
    Screenshot-7-5.jpg
    Screenshot-8-5.jpg
    Screenshot-9-4.jpg

This is the last preview prior to release, so thanks for all your feedback over xmas and I hope to have something playable soon. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was reading on another thread that people like to be aware of what the world will work with:-

Twilight Falls is for World adventures. :D
  • Options
    snuttdisnuttdi Posts: 270 Member
    edited January 2010
    Stw402

I love the various shades of greenery and the terraforming.

....still waiting patiently for the release.

Thank your for sharing1
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited January 2010
    Stw402 wrote:
    BadBatGal247- I'm sure I'm the only person in the world thats not seen Twilight, thou this world as nothing to do with the books or film, the name was coincidental.
    I did not even think about the film prior to the name, thou I did think I might add a dew darker elements to the world, so thats where the name twilight was from.

Anyway here's a little link from James At War all about twilight:-
    Twilight New Moon parody of Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9iKNDiiBqE

juelle_lou-Thanks :mrgreen:

simbody872-Yes boss, :lol: I will stay of the Wii, even thou we have 6 new games that we got for xmas and I've yet to play them, I'm doing my best to ignore the calling of Mario.

Some new pics for you

A Home Away from home, every sim needs a break now and again this perfect luxury hotel will give your sims just that without any flying.
    sfsdfe.jpg
    Sadly I'm only human, and the umbrella floating out to sea was a error on my part, thou I did delete this error and punished myself. :lol:
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    Not every player loves a good luxury hotel, perhaps sleeping under the stars will help relax the sim.
    fsdfs-1.jpg
    Thats a big sandcastle, just something for the kids to play about with on the beach.
    sfsdfdf.jpg

Hey, how were you able to place the tents in an open position? Whenever I try to add tents to a community lot in edit-in-game mode, they're in a duffle bag.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hey, how were you able to place the tents in an open position? Whenever I try to add tents to a community lot in edit-in-game mode, they're in a duffle bag.

Yeah I read that people where having this problem, all I did was copy the lots that already had the tents open from WA to my library, then placed them lots like any other lot and then edited the lot to make a campsite, you can also use the copy tool to make more tents.

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Twilight Falls as gone into play testing:-

Screenshot-17-4.jpg

I will not rush this part so a final release date will be sometime next week, later than I first planed but I want to play test and see the good and bad points of the world.

• Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited January 2010
    Stw402 wrote:

Yeah I read that people where having this problem, all I did was copy the lots that already had the tents open from WA to my library, then placed them lots like any other lot and then edited the lot to make a campsite, you can also use the copy tool to make more tents.

Great, thank you.
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2010
    It looks really good. I have a great computer, so Im not worried about the large size at all!! :-D
    I just have one question. On the lot in the downtown that has 2 general stores, 2 bookstores and the spa.. are they all on one lot or in seperate lots right next to eachother? Because I don't really see why I would want more then one of each rabithole, but I could always put in my own buildings. But thats why I was just asking if they were on seperate lots.
  • Options
    bloodyrose29813bloodyrose29813 Posts: 408 New Member
    edited January 2010
    how is the testing coming? i cant wait to see what the final product is
  • Options
    snuttdisnuttdi Posts: 270 Member
    edited January 2010

still play testing? Can't wait for the release. You have done what appears to be a wondeful job. I especially love your use of colors and the lay of the land. Good work!
  • Options
    JhoveJhove Posts: 113 Member
    edited February 2010
    How do you change the default grass? Just paint darker grass over it? When I do this all my lots stay the bright bland green the game came with, please any info would be appreciated!