Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Twilight Falls Preview

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    bloodyrose29813bloodyrose29813 Posts: 408 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I think you just have to paint over everything. Mine did the same thing where the lots didnt turn the same color i think you have to paint it first then put a lot there. sometimes when i clicked on the lot after i painted over it it was the correct color.

Im thinking this worl is going to take a loooong time to finish :( i wish it was out ive been checking back every week.
  • Options
    JhoveJhove Posts: 113 Member
    edited February 2010
    I actually figured this out so to anyone else having trouble with this, just right click the base texture and choose "edit" then choose a texture you like, walla. If you want to use your own texture you'll have to put it in the correct CAW folder before doing the above mentioned. Thanks for the help everyone and good luck.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2010
    Those asking about tents- yes they are in a duffle bag - just the pup tent is, but sit it on the ground and click it again it will say open, then you can place it.

The cabin tent places right out of the inventory as a cabin. I have several of my sims living off their home lots in cabins and tents, as most love the outdoors and I have them set up on woodsy lots all with ponds. They have gardens and martial arts equipment, oh and a telescope in their yards. I do have them an small bathroom with a fridge and counter on the outside wall. They barbeque with the best barbeque. Their lots only run them about 60 simoleons or less a month. I buy all the necessary tents and gear on their first exploration of each country. Like they also end up with the fortune cookie maker, the coffee/latte maker, the wine maker and stuff like that but all outside. I have them marry and have kids over in different countries, and my sims stay with his family when he is in that country. No, before you ask they don't have a wife and kids in each of the 3 coutries - I'm old fashioned, they have just one unless the game itself flubs up as some people report they are getting kids from all 3 countries, but not my sims as far as I can see.

But the tents do work fine on home lots if you buy them in the countries and bring them home. like I said, lay the duffle bag on the ground near where you want to set the tents, click open and you can then place it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    bloodyrose29813bloodyrose29813 Posts: 408 New Member
    edited February 2010
    is it going to be released soon? cant wait to play!
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited June 2010
    Over 4 months and no update, whoops :oops: .

So a little update of what happened to twilight falls:-

Shortly after xmas, my PC got a rather nasty virus that killed my system, I used a external harddrive to salvage most of my sim stuff and then updated to window 7. The project was then suspended due to personal reasons, I then read about the new expansion being released, Ambitions, so I wanted to wait until the release of this EP, until I finish Twilight Falls. So full of new energy, eager to finish the project to only find CAW not working. The truth of the matter is, Twilight falls is completed, I just wanted to update the world to include the ambitions objects.

The last few lots I've made are for twilight falls, which you can find on my sim page, all ready to be placed in twilight falls when CAW starts working.

RELEASE DATE

One week after CAW is fixed

Many thanks for showing intrest in this world and sorry about such a long delay, I hope the end result will make up for that.