Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Much of TS4

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Most of it
    Lyrie wrote: »
    I am missing 10 packs so most of them

However: I wish to have more eventually maybe all expect 1 or 2 including and especially Batuu!
    There probably will be sales on packs with the Sims anniversary coming up tomorrow.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Most of it
    I think I have most of them. For EP and GP, I opted out of Eco and Star Wars. I don't have most of the kiddie stuff packs (toddler, kids, first pet) plus a few others. I only got Snowy Escape, ROM and Nifty Knitting over the holidays, so I'm still exploring those.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Most of it
    All but parenthood.

And just to make it annoyingly clear.. I very much like the Batuu!

Same! I have everything, including Batuu (which I love), except Parenthood. I have zero interest in having sloppy, bratty children and parenting them, lol.

It's so weird how offended people still are by Star Wars.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited February 2021
    All of it
    I have all of it, but I wish that I would've trusted my first instinct about Eco Lifestyle. I wasn't interested about it at all at first, but the live stream sold it for me. I was ecxited about the NAP's, vertical gardens and a lot of other things until I got it. I've never had such a buggy mess in my game and "sharing is caring" is three words I don't even want to hear anymore. I regret buying that pack. I turn off the NAP voting and the eco footprint on almost all of my saves except my actual EL save and one other but I will probably turn it off on them later too.

Journey To Batuu is another pack that I wasn't interested at first because I wasn't so familiar with Star Wars, especially the newer movies. I watched some early access videos and I loved the gameplay. I decided to buy it and I didn't regret it. I love it.

All the other packs I've dediced to buy as soon as I've seen them being announced (maybe I hesitated a bit with Moschino and Nifty Knitting packs) and I haven't regretted buying any of them.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 2021
    Most of it
    LiELF wrote: »
    All but parenthood.

Same! I have everything, including Batuu (which I love), except Parenthood. I have zero interest in having sloppy, bratty children and parenting them, lol.

also just to specify even if i didnt get batuu myself cause frankly i don't really need it

I'm also not super salty over it anymore
    like i think some stuff would be cute for kids rooms or like steam punk aesthetics and i like the clothing styles but i also don't think i'll end up buying it

mainly cause i have no idea what star wars storyline is even about so :sweat_smile: most of the gameplay would just be me going ?????????
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited February 2021
    All of it
    All of it. It, and The Sims are the only two of the franchise that I have all of the DLC for, and The Sims 4 is the only iteration that I've purchased stuff packs for. Never bothered with those for The Sims 2 or The Sims 3.

As a fun fact, the only EP that I didn't purchase was The Sims 3: Into the Future.
  • Options
    PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    All of it
    [quote="LiELF;c-17796837"][quote="Ellupelluellu;c-17796455"]All but parenthood.

And just to make it annoyingly clear.. I very much like the Batuu![/quote]

It's so weird how offended people still are by Star Wars. [/quote]

It seems some people hate Star Wars just to hate it. I know people who hated the idea of the pack and swore to never get it but eventually bought it and loved it. Same with some of the comments in this thread of people who didn't want it and bought it and enjoyed it. It's easier to say you hate something rather than try it and be surprised. It's a shame really, I really enjoy the pack and I'm glad others do too!
  • Options
    PixilatedPixilated Posts: 42 Member
    All of it
    [quote="OEII1001;c-17796853"]All of it. It, and The Sims are the only two of the franchise that I have all of the DLC for, and The Sims 4 is the only iteration that I've purchased stuff packs for. Never bothered with those for The Sims 2 or The Sims 3.

As a fun fact, the only EP that I didn't purchase was The Sims 3: Into the Future.[/quote]

I loved the idea for Into the Future and was so excited to play but once I got it I think I only ever went to the future like 3 times. It was fun but it never really fit any story I played unless i made it specifically for that EP which made for some fun game plays but not a whole lot of them.
  • Options
    Most of it
    Simmingal wrote: »
    All but parenthood.

also just to specify even if i didnt get batuu myself cause frankly i don't really need it

I'm also not super salty over it anymore
    like i think some stuff would be cute for kids rooms or like steam punk aesthetics and i like the clothing styles but i also don't think i'll end up buying it

mainly cause i have no idea what star wars storyline is even about so :sweat_smile: most of the gameplay would just be me going ?????????

No, I get that, I totally get not liking it or not being interested in it or not being into the SW franchise. Just like with anything else, sometimes some people won't like it. I just don't get the seething resentment that some people seem to carry as if it was a personal insult. It's like someone kicked their Cowplant.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited February 2021
    Most of it
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 is the only iteration that I've purchased stuff packs for.

actually same
    never liked them much in ts2 and ts3 but i think recent sims 4 stuff packs are starting to find balance between aesthetics, gameplay and price range so even if they're still my least favourite form of pack i do actually get interested in some given theme is fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited February 2021
    Most of it
    I have everything except Eco Lifestyle and Journey to Batuu (never gonna get either of those), plus some stuff packs that I might eventually get.
    Post edited by AngeliqueAdelaide on
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Most of it
    All but parenthood.

I'm not offended and never was :)

I'm not much into SW theme but i would have bought it if it was a more sandbox experience. For what i hear (i'm always very attentive of the good and bad pack threads) JtB has a lot of restrictions. That's my personal problem with it. Not hate at all.

Just as a comparison, i bought Strangerville, which also has a story driven gameplay. The story is not my cup of tea but... the pack has a great world i can edit (besides one lot, the lab, that i can just ignore), a career my sims can pursue everywhere (not connected to the story) and... haha... something that i adore: that spy machine to bug other sims and hear their secrets (how's that called in english?). I have had a lot of sims living exclusively of blackmailing others. It's posible to do this completely aside of the story of the pack.
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    edited February 2021
    Most of it
    I'll say straight up that it's because of the third Star Wars movie that I consider the franchise anathema and the stuff it has to put out has to be REALLY good in order for me to take interest. (And that's becoming a LOT of things Disney related as well too) Journey to Batuu is aboslutely not that.

My spouse is into the Mandolrian though and seems to enjoy it. Maybe I'll watch it at some point but I usually just like playing video games rather than watching things.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    All of it
    Pixilated wrote: »
    I have all the packs, even Nifty Knitting, which I couldn't care less about. I think Batuu is 100% more enjoyable than knitting. I get all the packs because I find places to use them. I personally hate knitting but the neighbor family I create across the street from my main sims love hitting. That's the point of the Sims right? Not everyone is the same, obviously as someone had to vote for knitting, and that's how I like to play my sims. Every pack fits each family differently!

I like this 😂😁😁

I agree. I have them all because they all add something. I didn't like knitting either. Yet my sims grandmother is always knitting cozy sweaters for the winter and the kids love playing in the rocking chair 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SMae64SMae64 Posts: 21 Member
    Most of it
    I voted 'Most of it'

I have everything except the Halloween pack as that's not really my kind of thing

I'm sure I'll buy it eventually (when it's on sale or something) just so I have a full game - but it's never been a priority
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Other
    Some of it.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    All of it
    Every - Single - One

‘Cause I’m Crazy and I’m having —> FUN!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    All of it
    I have it all, even JTB and MFPS. JTB actually has some prey decent BB items and the gameplay isn’t terrible. But I do agree with those who say it should have been a spin-off game. Because it’s entirely separate to TS4.
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    Most of it
    I have everything except for Star Wars and the new Paranormal pack. I will never get Star Wars, but plan on getting the Paranormal Pack once it goes on sale.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Most of it
    All except for Star Wars
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Most of it
    I'd say "most of it". All the EPs, the non-occult GPs (don't have the Star Wars one either), and nine SPs.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited February 2021
    Most of it
    I haven't purchased 'My First Pet' or the extremely cringe worthy Star Wars pack... and I have no intentions on doing so either.

I don't like DLC for DLC... and the Star Wars pack was 101% a cash grab that literally nobody asked for.

This is the very first time in the entire history of The Sims when I didn't buy every pack. I bought ALL packs for Sims 1, Sims 2, and Sims 3 (yes, including Katy Perry Sweet Treats).
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    All of it
    Every. Single. Pack. The only one I regret is the Spooky sp, I just don't use that much out of it, but all the others and yes, including Batuu I'm having a blast with. Not everyone goes to Batuu, or wants to, just like not everyone will go skiing because they don't want to (computer nerds) and there's so many other examples. I love the idea that all the packs come together to make great gameplay and my sims are having lots of fun.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    All of it
    I have everything... even the dreaded Batuu. :D I enjoy something from every pack. I work hard for my fun money and what doesn't get spent on yarn gets spent on sims. B)
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    Most of it
    telmarina wrote: »
    All but parenthood.

I'm not offended and never was :)

I'm not much into SW theme but i would have bought it if it was a more sandbox experience. For what i hear (i'm always very attentive of the good and bad pack threads) JtB has a lot of restrictions. That's my personal problem with it. Not hate at all.

Just as a comparison, i bought Strangerville, which also has a story driven gameplay. The story is not my cup of tea but... the pack has a great world i can edit (besides one lot, the lab, that i can just ignore), a career my sims can pursue everywhere (not connected to the story) and... haha... something that i adore: that spy machine to bug other sims and hear their secrets (how's that called in english?). I have had a lot of sims living exclusively of blackmailing others. It's posible to do this completely aside of the story of the pack.

To clarify again, my comment wasn't flung at everyone who doesn't like the pack, my apologies if it came off that way. It was just an observation of those who get colder than the Freezer Bunny whenever Batuu is mentioned.

I agree though, I wish Batuu had integrated more with the "regular" Sims world, or at least the Sim Aliens. I think the devs knew that some people would buy it for the collection but not want to play with it so they made it a separate experience. I really would like it if the Droids could still be Droids and not just toys outside of Batuu, but I think that has to do with the existence of stairs because there's none in Batuu. I also don't like that they limited the player's ability to dress our Sims how we want or to let our Occults, especially Aliens, have their powers. I guess it was a design choice for the immersive Batuu experience. I have an Alien and Spellcaster there now, but they are pretty "normal" except for their weird skin, eyes and hair. They also could have included a Jedi/Sith Occult, which was such a bummer to leave out. :(

I've seen some people treat it like an immersive amusement park experience (since it's modeled after an actual Disney park, this works) and use the toys, lightsabers and collectibles for their Geek Sims. The build/buy can be used for steampunk, apocalyptic, slum or fringe science (like with StrangerVille), as can the CAS, which is one of my absolute favorite collections. The muted colors and layers and variety of headwear and new Alien "heads" and markings are so useful if you ever like to play non-realistic (or more creatively with realistic play too).

I've been using them to create a variety of characters and the diversity is amazing.
    The Sisters of the second Sun are an order of nuns in my game who protect and hide a young girl who is the "Chosen Child". Some examples of their outfits:
    rItEaLw.jpg
    GZHw4FO.jpg

I've also used the flared headpiece and the facial lines for my Naga (serpent people) creature. I feel that it makes a great "cobra" hood.
    KLJfVwH.jpg

The lines are also great for representing ritual scarification, which I used on my Dawn Elves. They work for "Androids" too.
    czXl9S1.jpg

Some items mix so well with other CAS pieces and there's a plethora of male clothing that I love. People are always looking for more male styles and there's some great ones in the pack.
    pNgK7We.jpg
    vmETD4Y.jpg

I even found a use for that weird helmet for War in my Four Horsemen of the Simpocalypse and the outfits are great for them. I've also seen someone use the helmet to make Samurai, which is amazing.
    UhfXcTx.jpg

And this one piece that looks to me like it came off an Egyptian Mummy was perfect for my "Egyptian God" Osiris. (It goes well with the head wrap too.)
    gscaWnt.jpg

I have many others, but I've already derailed the thread (apologies!) so I will end it at that. I think it's fine if people don't want the pack, I just think they're missing out on some great stuff they could get in a sale or something. :)
    #Team Occult