Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paranormal Stuff Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,294 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Saw this top in the trailer and knew instantly which sim was going to wear it!

3GVHRAC.png

Jessie's look is now complete. YAY!

Or should that be Arrgghh!!

OMG! She looks so epic!

Aw thank you! I have more Sims over on my thread (link is in my signature - you might have to scroll through a bit as there are quite a few now haha)
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    Saw this top in the trailer and knew instantly which sim was going to wear it!

3GVHRAC.png

Jessie's look is now complete. YAY!

Or should that be Arrgghh!!

I love her!! she looks so cool
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    So far I'm checking out the new build and buy items and they're amazing. There's almost nothing in there I don't want to use. I converted a basement room into my Seance room, which seems a good place to store some of my spookier collections too. It's a bit empty right now... but I'll fix that...
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    Last night I was having a blast playing in Doc Ashley's house but I couldn't get it out of my head how awesome it'd be to have the Goth house haunted so I changed Ophelia Villa's lot type to Haunted. Best upgrade ever! The house has a lot more space and watching the sims darting from room to room in terror is great! I changed out the mostly unused dining room into a seance room where I caved in and finally set up a sacred candle and a love seat for naps because the haunting is pretty merciless and the sims are a little ragged and tired.
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited January 2021
    I'm playing with the Goths, too. I removed the piano and set up the seance table there. Because the spectres like handmade presents, I have Bella making candles and Mortimer knitting beanies. They both quit their jobs to become mediums.

ETA: I forgot to mention that Vlad came to the door in the middle of the night and a couple of red spectres chased him away.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,550 Member
    I am enjoying it so far.
    My approach is just let the haunting build and build until my sims can't function anymore, and then I will start the cleansing process.
    Guildry just showed up, perfect timing while they were having dinner. They had a nice dinner discussion with him.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,525 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 That house is gorgeously dark and spooky! I love your use of muted colors and choice of textures. That long hallway is definitely a nightmare waiting to happen. <3
    Duuuude! I was thinking the same thing! I pictured a scary contorted greasy wet haired lady crawling on the ceiling making weird bone cracking noises! ahhh

I'd love to see that.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,525 Member
    AprilDawn wrote: »
    This pack is great! The Goths were the Welcome Wagon and they got attacked by angry specters. The creepy noises and babies crying - the lights flickering - the screaming is so funny! One of my sims had a nightmare about being in a reality show and being criticized by a judge with a nice mustache (SimGuruNinja at Spark'd) - hahaha!

She really had that nightmare?! Hahahaha😂😂

I got that one too, lol. I love the ideas they put into this pack! The hauntings are a blast!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I am also enjoying it but can someone tell me how it works as I have haunted lot trait and the ghosts turn up on the lot after 11pm but they just stand outside the front door which I haven't locked. I also downloaded a mediumship room from the gallery and added it to my lot which has two paintings Guildry is one and some sort of picture named evil (not sure if that does anything-) but as yet I have not been haunted or seen Guildry so am wondering if he turns up after the mediumship bar goes up?

Not sure why the ghosts are turning up and then just going away though..

Also before downloading this pack I used a mod after the new patch came out that could kill the sim it he/she was terrified enough and that did happen but after I directed one of my sims to complete a few choices re the urn the recently dead sim turns up in the relationship panel only when the rest of the household is travelling and is still around and human/alive when they get to wherever they are going plus interact with the household and other sims on the lot so i am wondering is this normal or more likely a bug? but he never shows up as a ghost at the home lot where he died I just don't get it.

Oh and the only other thing that is bothering me is the gallery as my game crashes whenever I try to download from the gallery and place lots in my worlds including that new lot that comes with this pack..

• Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Babykittyjade
    Yes! Exact wording was 'Sandra had a nightmare they were a contestant on a reality TV show being criticized by a demanding judge with a nice mustache. Eeek!'
    I bust out laughing because I knew it was referring to Sim Guru Ninja when he was a judge on Spark'd - great Easter Egg!
    Post edited by AprilDawn on
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    I haven't played the gameplay of the pack yet, because I got stuck renovating a house with the new items. :D
    But I have to say that I LOVE that I have a logical career for my witches now. It always felt weird that they would have some normal career, and it makes sense since they're essentially natural mediums anyway, that they'll work with it; witches are the sims connections to the supernatural.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,053 Member
    I thought the career would be repetitive, since you're basically just cleaning, kicking dolls and performing rituals over and over again. But the atmosphere, the fear emotion and interrupting spirits makes it pretty fun. Definitely a career I can see myself using a lot, even after the pack stops being new.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I'm having so much fun with this pack. I have my first Medium! She's a little girl. Her Mum is a spellcaster, and Eddie has always felt left out of things, because she cast spellcast. She practised her medium skill at the Magic Headquarters and then at a Museum, and now she can hold a seance in her apartment.
    jqnGZpS.jpg

She's gonna be friends with this ghost
    0TQq2CW.jpg

I wondered if Kids would be able to turn into ghosts, cause I wasn't sure if children can die in the game - can they? But yes, she can be a ghost!
    yk72INA.jpg

Next, I'm going to try with another spellcaster who also lives in an apartment, and see if she can become a Paranormal Investigator. She has a real mean streak in her, so she should enjoy that.

And I have to say, I think the furniture that comes in the pack is some of the best looking we've ever had. Those curtains are now my favourite.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Oh, I love this pack, the "stuff" is beautiful and the gameplay is so much fun!
    This is my medium/paranormal investigator Odelle Laveau teaching her daughter Paulette how to speak to the dead:
    1-28-2021_9-05-34_am-tjjja.png
    their house is haunted but pretty tame, cuz Odelle keeps the spirits in check, once I get to the Asylum however things will get more intense.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,606 Member
    edited January 2021
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Last night I was having a blast playing in Doc Ashley's house but I couldn't get it out of my head how awesome it'd be to have the Goth house haunted so I changed Ophelia Villa's lot type to Haunted. Best upgrade ever! The house has a lot more space and watching the sims darting from room to room in terror is great! I changed out the mostly unused dining room into a seance room where I caved in and finally set up a sacred candle and a love seat for naps because the haunting is pretty merciless and the sims are a little ragged and tired.
    Sounds awesome 🙂

I was playing in there last night and wanted to hire a butler (can't summon Bonehilda yet) which needed a 4th bedroom.

So now I'm spending hours editing the whole house lol.
  • Options
    I finally realised why I was not getting any scared sims and it was because I forgot to change the lot type lol

I made my sims work hard and finally got Bonehilda

n0qnFFV.png

who went straight to work fixing things-) I can't believe we have her back in game she is one of my most favorites..

6Hb4Vqx.png

Great pics everyone @Simalleyaile I love the way your kid is just getting on with it and looking so comfortable with it all :)

@RavenSpit

I love the way whoever sits at the table and takes part raises their arms together but in my first household I have one sim who keeps peaking as if he does not believe lol

xlhwlNk.png

@elanorbreton

While I am still waiting for the specific house I want to use with this pack I was so eager to get going I downloaded a medium room from the gallery for the first time ever and was pleasantly surprised when I managed to make it work which in turn stopped me spending hours trying to decorate the lot my sims were living in :)
  • Options
    VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    Made my sims lot a haunted house, it is truly difficult to live in so I took it away. I am happy to find out that this pack really proposes a challenge and has consequences. Something that is so lacking in this game imo. I am deeply satisfied how this pack is so far.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’m really glad they’re going with mostly little sprites instead of a ton of full fledged randomly generated ghost! I hated how many random ghosts the spooky day tradition generated, and I don’t really want the game just throwing the Windenburg ghosts into any new lots just because they exist.
  • Options
    buffybot05buffybot05 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Simalleyaile said:
    > I'm having so much fun with this pack. I have my first Medium! She's a little girl. Her Mum is a spellcaster, and Eddie has always felt left out of things, because she cast spellcast. She practised her medium skill at the Magic Headquarters and then at a Museum, and now she can hold a seance in her apartment.
    >
    >
    >
    > She's gonna be friends with this ghost
    >
    >
    > I wondered if Kids would be able to turn into ghosts, cause I wasn't sure if children can die in the game - can they? But yes, she can be a ghost!
    >
    >
    >
    > Next, I'm going to try with another spellcaster who also lives in an apartment, and see if she can become a Paranormal Investigator. She has a real mean streak in her, so she should enjoy that.
    >
    > And I have to say, I think the furniture that comes in the pack is some of the best looking we've ever had. Those curtains are now my favourite.

I love this so much I didn't know kids could be ghosts! Love the look of your lot there also.

I decorated an awesome apartment using the new pack, it's in the gallery (my ID is alexr94) and it's 121 Hakim House... if you want a ghost hunter / paranormal ready apartment build!
  • Options
    buffybot05buffybot05 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @buffybot05 said:
    > > @Simalleyaile said:
    > > I'm having so much fun with this pack. I have my first Medium! She's a little girl. Her Mum is a spellcaster, and Eddie has always felt left out of things, because she cast spellcast. She practised her medium skill at the Magic Headquarters and then at a Museum, and now she can hold a seance in her apartment.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > She's gonna be friends with this ghost
    > >
    > >
    > > I wondered if Kids would be able to turn into ghosts, cause I wasn't sure if children can die in the game - can they? But yes, she can be a ghost!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Next, I'm going to try with another spellcaster who also lives in an apartment, and see if she can become a Paranormal Investigator. She has a real mean streak in her, so she should enjoy that.
    > >
    > > And I have to say, I think the furniture that comes in the pack is some of the best looking we've ever had. Those curtains are now my favourite.
    >
    > I love this so much I didn't know kids could be ghosts! Love the look of your lot there also.
    >
    > I decorated an awesome apartment using the new pack, it's in the gallery (my ID is alexr94) and it's 121 Hakim House... if you want a ghost hunter / paranormal ready apartment build!

sorry correction my gallery ID is alexr6794...!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited January 2021
    I am having a lot fun with this pack. This is one of the times when they solved the "toggle" perfectly. You can not use the lot type and just enjoy the new stuff, change the lot to a Haunted House and get the new gameplay without too much of a headache or you can go 'heroic mode' and really take advantage of all the effects and the new scared emotion.

This is Guidry trying to explain to Remy why having him stick around is probably a good idea.

q8lkSzY.jpg

I changed to 'heroic mode' after a few days and also disabled Guidry now because that guy is way too helpful - and chatty. :D
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,515 Member
    The Haunted Residential lot that I posted previously (exterior inspired by the paranormal horror movie Ju-On: The Grudge) is now on the gallery. No CC. No Move Objects on. It has been play tested so there should be no trouble with routing. It was pretty hard to play test because my test sim was too scared out of their mind to do anything due to paranormal madness. Warning: Do not play test on a haunted lot. :D

Lot Name: The Cursed Townhouse (30x20).
    Lot Type: Haunted Residential Lot.
    Lot Traits: Cursed. Spooky. Homey.
    Gallery ID: CPTN_NXR7

I also shared a bonus lot: The Crystal Gazer. It suits the eccentric Medium and/or Spellcaster. It is inspired by the architecture of the New Orleans bungalow and looks best in Willow Creek (Daisy Hovel, right across from the magic tree.)
    I built it because I wanted to use all that pretty furniture from the new pack. The other lot has so very little of that. :D
    No CC. No Move Objects on. Playtested!

CG-Facade.jpg
    CG-Front-Porch.jpg

Lot Name: The Crystal Gazer. (30x20).
    Lot Type: Residential. If you want paranormal activity, change it to the haunted residential lot type. Right now it's a rather pleasant abode.
    Lot Traits: Homey. Penny Pixies. Island Spirits.
    Gallery ID: CPTN_NXR7

Some Interior Shots below:
    CG-Hallway.jpg
    CG-Kitchen01.jpg
    CG-Livingroom.jpg
    CG-Bathroom.jpg
    CG-Bedroom1.jpg
    CG-Seance01.jpg
    CG-Seance02.jpg
    CG-Petsroom.jpg
    CG-Backporch.jpg
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

Your house is freaking awesome and i will be finding a place for it in my world for sure. The blend of decorations betweens packs is beautiful. The whole interior/exterior screams ghosts and magic live here and maybe even something else :)<3
  • Options
    @Netzspannung

Your pic is great I haven't managed to get my sims to talk with Guidry yet I was so focused on getting Bonehilda back :)
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited January 2021
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @RavenSpit

I love the way whoever sits at the table and takes part raises their arms together but in my first household I have one sim who keeps peaking as if he does not believe lol

Me too :) The daughter kept peeking out as well btw.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top