Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you influence the biological s*x of your sim children?

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Sometimes
    I use MCCC to get exactly the gender and how many in a pregnancy for many of my families. For instance, since I'm playing with the family of my O/C (original character) in the Fanfiction mini-series in my siggie below, I make certain the children referenced in the series are born (in order) and of the gender already 'chosen'. I did the same for her oldest brother. When it came to her favorite brother (my current Global Superstar, Rock Star) nothing was delineated so exactly in the series. We only knew he was a struggling musician. Book was wide open on that one. So, rather than know the genders, I just let the game decide. It was fun doing it that way, too.

When it comes to my ancestral game save, that is strictly based on how it was. Order of birth and gender, right down to their names.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2021
    Sometimes
    mostly not but if i keep having like 10 boys when i was really looking forward to how girl would look or other way around you know im just gonna force it :lol:

and sometimes i get weirdly obsessed with idea of my sims kids being certain gender for who knows what reason

i do generally feel like its easier to find date for my male sims in ts4 premades though so like thats one thing if they need to be able to continue my legacy i prefer dude kid

which yeah would easily be fixed if maxis would just make some premade hot single men in my neighborhood but oh well
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Never
    Nope. No idea how it's done, anyway.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    Barely
    I have a couple times because of a challenge rule, but otherwise I like the randomness of the game deciding.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Never
    I'm not playing stories, so don't really care what gender they are.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Sometimes
    Sometimes I like to play a story I planned in advance. In those cases I use mccc to set the gender I want. In other games I let chance decide and go with whatever the game brings.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Barely
    In my stone age save where my Sims eat almost exclusively fruits and vegetables, i.e. strawberries and carrots, it can happen that in a generation almost only boys (carrots) or girls (strawberries) are born. Then I have to counteract that by either letting them eat more of one or the other. :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I only did it for Josephine's branch of the family when I was testing to see if I can have her give birth to a female vampire while both parents were human via Dark LeyLines lot trait. She didn't pull it off though, that would be Monica and I wasn't even trying to accomplish that with her.

So otherwise, I let the game decide and it just so happens that it decided I needed 26 girls.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Always
    Use MCCC to determine the amount and genders every time.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Sometimes
    If I have a particular narrative in mind, yes, but usually I let the game decide because it feels more natural to me. I enjoy the suspense and it feels a lot more rewarding and funny if my Sim happens to have all boys or all girls without me interfering.
  • Options
    AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    Never
    Never as I like to be surprised and it makes the game more entertaining.
    For example, I'm playing a royal family and the queen really wanted two boys. So far she's had eight kids : one boy and seven girls. Which created a lot of drama.
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Barely
    I've done it for challenges and storylines, but if it's just happening it doesn't matter. I am very appreciative that we have a way to influence it if we want to.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Never
    I like to be surprised and it's no big deal if they are the wrong gender for the next generation I'm planning, because CAS options let anyone impregnate or become pregnant anyway.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Until now. I just started playing two households that start with my Sim parents, and I will be in one and not in the other..
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Barely
    I usually prefer to be surprised, but very occasionally I will want to choose.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Sometimes
    For me, it just depends on the storyline in my mind. If it doesn't matter or I'm feeling flexible, I just let things happen. But sometimes I really want one or the other.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Always
    I like control lol I almost always do
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    VikVik Posts: 125 Member
    Sometimes
    At times when I need a girl in my generation play. Not with mods but strawberries. Some of my female sims just have boys and no girls.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Sometimes
    LiELF wrote: »
    I actually go out of my way not to influence the gender. I try to make sure my Sims don't listen to Alternative or Pop stations or eat carrots or strawberries. If they do it on their own, so be it, but I like to be surprised and see where the game takes it.

Interesting you say that. Unless I'm trying to do what others have said and get at least one of the other because it's all mono-s*x so far, then I prefer the randomness and avoid Pop an Alternative music heh!

Though it's easier to change it in fulleditmode, (I used to do that sometimes, though not anymore), if I do want one or the other then I will push the Pop Music or Alternative Music and if there are any strawberries or carrots , that too. (Though I usually forget the fruit and vegetable thingy. lol)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Never
    Never. I use LittleMsSams mod that stops any chance of influencing gender.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Never
    It's the element of surprise that makes it enjoyable.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Sometimes
    Didn't know if they'd censor the full word hence the *

Basically if you didn't know (I'm sure most of you do tho) you can listen to pop / alternative music or eat carrots / strawberries to influence the biological s*x of your children in the sims 4. You could also do this through modding too and you can influence the sex in the sims 3 with watermelons and apples I believe. I don't know if it's available or not on the sims 2 though.

Anyway was interested to see if people do this. I used to all the time years ago and I'd give families atleast one boy and one girl. Now I just don't care and normally have it surprise me. I also find it more interesting to not have such a "perfect" (i guess thats the word) family. Anyway what do you guys do?

I wanted my legacy couple to have more than just a son like they only had before. I let my game choose the gender of the first two pregnancies(girls) and changed the third pregnancy to a boy.

The three of them take after dad, with the younger sister inheriting Mom's pale complexion <3
    nTFamZY.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Always
    First one is a suprise, but always feed either carrots or strawberries to pick second one. I want to have pigeon pairs lol :D
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Barely
    I basically never do this. There might have been 300 births in my game, and I might have adjusted a child's gender in 2 or 3 cases. Probably due to story telling, because I prefer the randomness. I never tweak genetics and never check how a child will look as a grown up.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    KirkeDiamondKirkeDiamond Posts: 7 New Member
    Sometimes
    It really depends. If I have a "storyline" in mind; then yes. If I'm just playing casually or mucking about; I'll leave it randomised.