Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Want a Sims 5 ???

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    NO
    Eh. I think A Sims 5 would be too troublesome. If how they handled S4 is any indication, it'll just be years of releasing pack after pack. Then again, maybe they'll take a different approach with how they view their fanbase. I think I'll stick to S4, though.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    YES
    Release 5. If it's trash I'll be there 4 years late, like I was with S4, buying packs on sale :p
  • Options
    Tenchi2aTenchi2a Posts: 105 Member
    YES
    I would have to say yes but my answer has some conditions.
    1.The game would have to be complete before its release, no 4-5 years to get basics.
    2. The would have to do away with game and stuff packs, this is and has always been a cash grab by placing one thing in it everyone wants and filling the rest with recycled junk.
    3. It would have to be on part with the best parts of Sim 3 and 4 and not a downgrade like 4 was to 3.
    4. The game would have to go back to being interactive (Doctor/Police) like 2 and 3 and not just rabbitholes and click on an item 9-10 times and watch the same animation over and over again.

So since I don't think EA has a creative bone in their bodies and are in it just for the cash grab. I doubt Sim 5 will be anything it needs to be for me to comeback.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    NO
    I'd like to see Sims 4 complete before having Sims 5. I'd like to see Sims 5 made as complete before release, too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    mtvsimsmtvsims Posts: 51 Member
    It depends. I'm so afraid that they'll dial down aspects of the game so it's less complex, less gameplay value and more in favor of microtransactions and online playing. I don't care for any of that so I wouldn't buy it. But if it's a single player game with more developments for a complex single player experience then yes.
    Catch the latest episode of The Challenge by MTVSims here.

1ae67d358eb80994760c45b5c89f34c72d340369.png

• Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    NO
    Eventually yes, but not for another couple years. I’m not ready to start over from scratch just to wait years for what we currently have.
  • Options
    AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    NO
    I'm actually surprised. It's a tight vote, but most people say no. I agree. I think what needs to be done is improving and perfecting the Sims 4, not a Sims 5 before we're ready (and I still stand by that I don't see the point in a Sims 5 for numerous reasons. At least not yet.)
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • Options
    tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    NO
    No, not unless The Sims IP is given to another publisher.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • Options
    TantalusTantalus Posts: 200 Member
    NO
    tweedle wrote: »
    No, not unless The Sims IP is given to another publisher.

THIS.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited January 2021
    NO
    I can't say that for sure, but i don't see myself starting it all over again... i know that if/when 5 is out it'll have this great, ambitious, amazing feature that will make our eyes shine... but it'll have to prove me it's well done since the beginning so i'll keep playing my 4 game regardless. And even if the feedback is great I think 4 is great too now and i have a lot to explore yet... and i have run this path 4 times already... for me it's enough to settle.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    YES
    Yes but not now. Sims 4 is still missing a lot.
  • Options
    lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    YES
    Yes! The lack of open world is suffocating to my gameplay! I need an open world again.
  • Options
    SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    edited January 2021
    NO
    I bought TS1 and all the packs. Loved it. TS2 and all the packs. Loved it. TS3 and all the packs. Loved it, but got rid of them, when I went through my computer free period. Then purchased most of them again. Loved it and still do. Eventually TS4 and all of the packs up to Eco. I like it, but haven't played in about 6 months now because frankly I don't feel like chasing down revisions to all the mods I need to make it work the way I want. So, I'm back in TS3.

I can't imagine ever starting over again with another weak base game followed by years of expansions. If TS4 had been massively ahead of TS3 then maybe, but it seems that they've maxed out what they're capable of doing.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    NO
    Yes in the future. But No because I really think that they still could add a lot of exciting features for the sims 4. I see a lot of great ideas for fun new packs on the forum, I really hope we will get them one day! :-)
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    YES
    Yes, but not without alot of improvements.

Would take too much time to list it all, so in general, improved Sims, more Sim/stuff/couple interactions at home, improved romance system and the ability to block strangers from interfering when my group is having their night out (unless *I* talk to the stranger first).

One other thing I hope they pull their reins on are the added worlds with added Sims. I barely played the Goths, the Pancakes or the Roomies. I can fill all those neighborhoods on my own (or keep them empty and not being swarmed by Sims everytime I visit a bar) Still remember the Sims when there wasn't even ten people in the world and I had to fill it myself. Good times. Same with some Occults. Keep the teacher Occults. Let me create the rest.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    YES
    Now that we're actually getting the "Scared" emotion, I'd rather hold off on Sims 5 coming for a while and get more updates and packs for Sims 4. I don't mind it coming eventually, as long as I can still play Sims 4, but I'd rather wait another couple of years for more content.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    YES
    I'm ready for Sims 5 I need a real base game with cars all life stages and ways to edit and create worlds I want to know if Sims 5 will give me these things because obviously Sims 4 wont I'm so tired of being limited with missing features so important to how I play. But at least if I never get these things in a Sims game there is Paralives.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    AninaBeanaAninaBeana Posts: 37 Member
    NO
    I'm pretty much a new simmer as I started playing in 2018 and I like the concept of creating the Sims 5, but I hate that I would pretty much be letting TS4 go to waste, mainly because I'm super close to having all of the packs purchased., and to be frank, I just don't want to get disappointed with TS5...

I definitely get why people think there should be a Sims 5 since Sims 4 has lots of issues and missing content, however, there could be a chance that TS5 is even more disappointing. Right now, I think that EA is trying to fix TS4 as much as they can to pave the way for TS5, maybe because they know as fans that we can and will stop supporting the franchise if the game turns out to be crappy. All we can really do is hope that if TS5 is coming out, that it won't be disappointing
    Feel free to add me on the Origin gallery: AninaBeana

saAJtJq.gif
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    NO
    Not yet. I am still not done with sims 4. I hope we get werewolves, hotels and generations before sims 4 ends.

Once sims 4 is complete, I will be ready to for sims 5.
  • Options
    simmerkal09simmerkal09 Posts: 5 New Member
    NO
    No, I have already spent so much money on packs maybe in 5 years or later.
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    YES
    I mean ... eventually? But I'm not in a rush.
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    NO
    I'm content to stay with Sims 4 for now. I have lots of time and money invested in 4 and I never did like the feeling of starting over with the base game. That's why even though Sims 3 ran horribly for me, I still played it about two years into the life of Sims 4 before making the switch. I don't have a positive outlook on what the current gaming trends would do to a Sims 5, either.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    iHannah17iHannah17 Posts: 5 New Member
    YES
    Yeah, maybe with the option to meet up with your friend's sims in the world or be able to play with them
  • Options
    bluehydrengaebluehydrengae Posts: 29 Member
    idk how they'll make it better than the other sims games since sims 4 already has realistic graphics - and more realistic than that would be creepy. i don't want it but i just hope it's good.