Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else Not Mind NAPs?

Comments

• Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Other
    I turned them off in my main save because I rotate and a lot of my neighborhoods have a mix of residential and community lots, and I don't want one of my families voting in sharing is caring or free love while I'm playing someone else and then having to unexpectedly deal with those things on the community lot in that neighborhood before I can rotate back to that household and change them.

However, I'm not against them in general, and in my next save that I have started setting up I'm going to put all my played families in residential only neighborhoods so that whatever they vote in won't affect any of my other sims before I have a chance to cheat out ones I wouldn't have had them vote for.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Other
    I keep them turned on, but the moment the annoying NAPs like 'Sharing is Caring' are voted for I cheat them out.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I turn them off immediately
    All the options for the pack are shutoff. This pack is still messing up gardening even with everything off. I still get messages when the environment changes and all the plants "play dead". I have to repair the game and wait for the plants to come back. The message about the new career still pops up every night even for toddlers.
  • Options
    TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    I keep them on and they add appropriate challenge to game play
    I keep them on but repeal them with cheats if they cause too much trouble. Some of the ones like Free Love are... interesting.
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Other
    I shouldn't have bought it.
    I like the concept, but don't care for the NAPs at all. To silly, or too annoying, or makes game play too easy, plus distracts from what I would rather be doing with my sims. I don't like the lonely feeling new world and I can do without the eco-gameplay harassment pop-ups and NPCs.

At first I went through the tasks of turning them off, repealing votes, and putting in NAPs I thought I could tolerate, but even those turned out to be bugged and annoying. So I removed Eco Lifestyle from my game and only regret not having one hairstyle and the shipping container wall-paper. Several flawed game mechanics my game no longer has to process and no distraction for what I would rather be doing IMO.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I always disable them except on two of my saves. The other one is my Eco Lifestyle save which is a huge mess anyway and the other one is a save with my serial romantic alien (my avatar) because of the free love NAP.
    I wish I could just disable the whole pack, but I love some of the CAS and B&B items from it.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I keep them on and they're easy to play with
    I had no issues with NAPs, so I keep them on. I just have to make sure that certain NAPs don't make it, such as the Sharing is Caring one. xD
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Other
    I don't mind some of them, but the ones that I don't like are SUPER annoying.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I have them on in my games and I really like them, but I monitor them carefully. Any sign that roughhousing or sharing is stealing or foodies unite and those get immediately turned off...not in my game you don't! Otherwise I really enjoy the pack, I have several greenies in my saves and they have actually turned a neighborhood green, along with their house. :) Fortunately the NAPs aren't a hot mess in my game. (Thank heavens)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I turned them off immediately when I loaded the game after purchasing the pack. I've read too many horror stories about them. Plus, there's only like, two that I would use and I think I can just enable them with cheats or something. I haven't tried yet though. I mainly bought the pack for everything but the gameplay, when it was half off. I needed the world space, grungy items and new CAS. But I will try out some proper Off the Grid living at some point, maybe in a tiny house. I'm finding that the game has a whole lot of things that I haven't even explored yet, so for this long, covid winter I might do some catching up. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    amp107amp107 Posts: 205 Member
    Other
    Some games I keep them on and find them fun to play with, other games they aren’t relevant for my storyline so I turn them off because I just don’t want to bother with it. You’re right about the plethora of influence points- I find that if I’m going to use the naps then I want npc voting on, otherwise I will have an endless supply of influence points that will never be used and it bothers my ocd lol

0IzRxZE.jpg
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Other
    I use them sometimes. I never use Sharing Is Caring or We Wear Bags.

I do wish NAPs would be less buggy and that there would be less spontaneous clay ball generation, sometimes without that NAP enacted.

I would actually add more NAPs of different types.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    They broke two of my saves. They overrode everything, canceled actions I wanted my sims to do. Even with autonomy off, my sims would still do NAP activities compulsively. Even after I had cheat repealed them and turned them off.

I know these were bugs, but they went on for too long and those saves never recovered.

Worst one was the Give Fake Bad News one. My sim would stop eating in order to give her spouse fake bad news every few minutes until their relationship deteriorated and I couldn't get her to finish a meal or a shower or build a skill. Then I would take another household to a restaurant and the wait staff would give them fake bad news every few minutes as well. It was unplayable. And there were so many lumps of clay in everyone's inventories.

Now I'm scared they may brake other saves, so I just stopped using them.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    NAPs can be a Major Pain if you play rotationally. My sims don't have time for the signature thingy every time I play a different household. As soon as I load a household I cheat the NAP's I hate away. Good riddance forever paper bag head!!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021
    Other
    I dont mind the NAPs...except one of them.

I had to find a mod to completely stop Sharing Is Caring. That NAP ruined builds Ive worked hard on and for some reason it was in effect ALL THE TIME EVERYWHERE. It drove me nuts!
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    edited January 2021
    If I ever do get this pack, I will turn them off immediately, and also I'll be getting a mod to remove NPCs stealing objects from community lots. Both the Sharing is Caring NAP and the Recycle Disciple trait encourage NPC stealing and that's the most annoying thing ever. It's one thing if a burglar sneaks into my home, attempts to steal 1~5 items from MY home lot, is able to be stopped with a burglar alarm, and has a chance of the police catching them. That's a fun risk. But NPCs just stripping a whole lot dry in just a manner of minutes? Especially community lots? That's not fun and it's the biggest reason why this pack is the last on my list of packs to get. I'm going to wait until they move onto Sims 5 and quit updating Sims 4, so I can be sure the mod to remove that gameplay will not break, because I will not play a save with that poorly designed gameplay mechanic installed.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I turned them off immediately when I loaded the game after purchasing the pack. I've read too many horror stories about them. I mainly bought the pack for everything but the gameplay, when it was half off.

Same.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Other
    Sometimes after lunch I might have a quick one. Depends on what I have planned.

For the game I tend to ignore them until any annoying one hits. Then I remember I could have turned them off.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Other
    I keep them on. They may be a challenge in the first stages for a fresh save, not so much for a legacy that's running on for a few generations (more sims to get points in various ways).
    I think they could use some attention from the devs, though.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I enjoy adding more challenges in my Sims life!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Off. Only because I don't want to deal with the challenge. I'm a story teller and I want things to smoothly flow my way 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited January 2021
    There is some confusion in this thread: in the settings you can disable NPC voting on NAP's; that does not turn off the feature, and your active sims can still vote on any NAP.

I disabled NPC voting after installing the pack; before loading the save the first time after that.

I use the feature though, and have plans for many neighborhoods in terms of behaviour. I only vote them in once, and don't repeal. Some of the NAPs are good, Free Love is a fantastic addition; and Rough-Housing and Juiced Community is for my slum areas. I will never vote for Sharing Is Caring, I like my community lots too much.

The feature could do with some polishing, there is a good thread in Feedback on it.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I don’t have an issue with it because I turn voting off to NPC’s. Community decisions are made by me and me only :)
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    There is some confusion in this thread: in the settings you can disable NPC voting on NAP's; that does not turn off the feature, and your active sims can still vote on any NAP.

It effectively does though. If your Sims never vote on anything, and you don't cheat any NAPs into place, then you will never have any. I've never had any going in my game.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    They are easy to play with if you only play one household and don't have any other household marked as "my household". If you have households all over, then you're in trouble.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek