Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else Not Mind NAPs?

Since getting EL a few months ago, I haven't had any issues with NAPs. It's ridiculously easy to get influence points, so even if Sharing is Caring has 7 votes, a household with two voting Sims in it can push whatever NAP I want for the neighbourhood to at least double that.

I think I've experienced the bug where I'm overcharged for bills even if I have meet the NAP requirements, but money is so ridiculously easy to make that it isn't a big deal to me.

Anyone else keep them on and don't really find them annoying?

Anyone Else Not Mind NAPs? 132 votes

I keep them on and they're easy to play with
12%
BeardedgeekrobyngravesFlashMarkerpajamajam07taydevCheekybitsFelicity1169Stutumfilipomelsuperkyle221GalaxySimsGirlNushkaCalico45KerriganK_PlaysChingMeiLee 16 votes
I keep them on and they add appropriate challenge to game play
21%
Akl500Pbshag4lvIceyJMi9shaoscarcchant86MindofyYautjagirlKennziKaigeashcrash19Blackblossomjak135HarukotyanadamzaidInternal_ChaosEnkiSchmidtScobreImSandsFlapPamtastic72joRN1414 29 votes
I keep them on...you can turn them off?!
3%
PlayerSinger2010dsefMissimay94amberlunez 4 votes
I turn them off immediately
42%
Kita5399Icewolfalexspoom13MartinvAprilDawnlisamwittmcruddIsb917asimbsimelanorbretonhaneulgot2gamejimbbqalanmichael1sekojranaMirichaGlimmer50KhrisstyneBabykittyjadeblueybluesky 56 votes
Other
20%
BluegayleCK213SimmervillerudolphaCamkatfriendlysimmersSjofnPegasysChampandGirlieLadyKynParmaViolet87texxx78QueenMercyHermitgirlAinemusteniHopeyStarrInuMiroLoverSERVERFRATomasGrizzly 27 votes

Comments

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Other
    I had them on and they caused a chaos in my main rotational save. I don't mind the NAPs as long as I can pick what NAP each neighbourhood has. I use it as a tool to make them feel different so I don't want 4 randomly changing NAPs for each hood.

I'm also wondering how you deal with sharing is caring when traveling to other neighbourhoods?
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Other
    I keep them on, but only for my active household. They are easy to play with but can be a pain if you need to change one that isn't your current household.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I have figured out which NAP's benefit me the most, figured out the way of getting ridiculous amount of votes and thus removed NAPs that I didn't want and instated beneficial ones. I actually appreciate the sudden difficulty moment that they have brought and actively benefit from using them. Are NAP's perfect? No. Could they have been done better? Yes. But I don't have them at all.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    If you keep a check on them and control them they're alright, but if you don't pay attention to them then in comes sharing is caring and all of my builds get stripped bare.

Biggest issue is they occur in all neighborhoods and you can only control your own neighborhood, so even if you manage the ones in your sims home neighborhood the worst ones are still gonna happen in the rest of the world.
  • Options
    K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I'm also wondering how you deal with sharing is caring when traveling to other neighbourhoods?

I've not encountered this issue. It would likely be one of the times I wouldn't mind cheating if I did encounter it and was unable to change it.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    edited December 2020
    Other
    With my rotation save I would be overwhelmed trying to keep up with sharing us caring because I don't rotate on any schedule.

My sulani eco save I'm not using other worlds and I've deleted a lot of households and venues. I have NAPs on and I like it. Easy enough to vote for what I want. They just really messed up with Sharing is Caring.

Edit-My sims had a hard time sitting and finishing their meal with fights at the restaurant. So that one's also a nuisance but I still enjoy seeing the other neighborhood changes.
    Post edited by Reaganbogan on
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Other
    I have NAPs active but NPC voting off.

I then pick ones that don't bother me or seem suitable for the neighborhood and vote those in.

I don't play rotationally, so I don't have to worry about what's happening in other neighborhoods.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I don’t mind them. I think some of them are amusing and add new layers to gameplay. Some aren’t great at all but I just don’t use those and avoid them. I do have voting turned off for my main family but I still use them. They aren’t the greatest thing ever but they can occasionally be useful to have. I wish they added more of a community sense though within the neighborhood. I was expecting more of that then what I’m seeing. Like it be nice if neighbors came over when you were cooking if you had the foodies unite one or something and hung out with you. Or if they brought you meals occasionally.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I don’t have an issue with them. So many people complain that this game is “empty” and lacks “meaningful” gameplay 🙄 and then as soon as they add an element of challenge those same people complain until it’s nerfed.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Mind you, I turn NPC voting off. However, I was always going to do that. I like playing with NAPs, just not placating random pixel people. Of course there are a few I do not care for. I never play with sharing is caring, but otherwise I feel it is kind of fun to set the tone of the neighborhood; even if some Sims go way too overboard.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited December 2020
    All the bugs that came with them caused me so much trouble. I had the bug where NPC autonomous actions got stuck on played sims, my save was unplayable. My played sims kept playing the guitar or using the future cube constantly. If not for simvasion and his eco lifestyle fixes mod I probably would have quit playing the game back then.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I don’t have an issue with them. So many people complain that this game is “empty” and lacks “meaningful” gameplay 🙄 and then as soon as they add an element of challenge those same people complain until it’s nerfed.
    Not all challenges and gameplay are equal. Sharing is Caring flopped because it's poorly balanced and will break lots if given enough time. There was also a ton of glitches associated with NAPs. A lot of NAPs barely affect gameplay or just create inconveniences at worst.

I feel like they were wasted potential. The best ones only occur in Evergreen Harbor, where you can change the neighborhoods and gentrify everything. I think you can also make the place trashy. I'd have loved to have had that freedom in other neighborhoods. I should be able to destroy Sulani and cover it all in garbage.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I turned them off immediately when I bought EL, because I wanted to avoid a possible chaos. I'd like to try NAPs someday, but they are not very high in my priorities at the moment.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Other
    I keep them on, but I don't really pay attention to them,. They are too focused on ECO stuff or skills, it gets less interesting to most of my households.

I have a short list of NAPs I will not allow. I have voting off, but turns it back on every 5 sim years after removing each hood's oldest NAP to trig the voting. The voting results also influence on my 5 years Council election, and how my 3 political parties work. All in all I welcome NAPs, I just wish we could customize them with pro's and con's, more or less the way we do customize events, clubs and even vampire qualities.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I only had them off when Sharing is Caring was bugged. I leave them on the last three saves.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Other
    Sometimes on, sometimes off depending on my households.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I use my influence points to repeal the ones I don't like, and add the ones I do.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Other
    They are set as off but when I want one in my current game I can just add it. I enjoy some of them, others are awful.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, if there's one thing I want from my game, it's...

90% control.

That's why I hate ice in real life...
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Other
    I disabled the NPC voting and just keep certain ones active (had to do this in various neighborhoods is the real pain.)

I do like the power and water reservation day where the water gets turned off for most of the day. Does add a bit of challenge in my frustration when my sim can't take a shower (had her shower outside because it happened to rain haha). As well as getting fined when you use too much water or power. The one for sims being active and fit isn't too bad either. Usually any NAP that I never have active cause they're pretty imposing are
    - We wear bags
    - Roughousing
    - Performing Arts (the clay molds get out of control)
    - Sharing is Caring
    - Free Love

Every other nap outside of that is fine. Back to the old days is interesting as I find it amusing sims will get fined if you go against the nap in question using tech or even woohooing or sims being handy when the self-sufficient nap is in motion. (Though I had one die due to her being in a dazed state and she STILL wanted to fix on things D: )
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Other
    I turn off the voting system for NPC's and just cheat in full NAPs that I want. I use a few pretty much always: Self-Sufficiency, Green Gardening and Foodies Unite. The rest depends on my sims and what they do or what the story is in that save.
    The fines don't bother me usually ..it's another way to spend some of that money that your sim makes.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    edited December 2020
    I like the concept, and I like especially the part of the concept where if you don't bother voting you might be stuck with an outcome you don't like.

I don't get the reward system. Too many NAPs reward you only with influence. Which can be used... only for voting in more NAPs? Which then reward you only with more influence? I dunno. I always end up with tons of extra useless influence stored up and the NAPs feel meaningless. If Power Conservation and Water Conservation are going to fine you daily and turn off your utilities for one day a week, and if Roughhousing is going to disrupt your life with fights (and now, sentiment fallout from fights) all of the time, there should be positive rewards available in NAPs that affect gameplay at least that much.

It would be cool if you could at least use influence to do something in the game, like asking people to do favors for you, cook meals, childcare, help you get a leg up at work, fix you up with a date, etc.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    They caused a lot of stupidness in my game. I soon turned them off and spent a good amount of time repairing the mess they made in my one long running rotational save. I consider them to be one the worst and most poorly designed features even created in a sims game so far.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    musteni wrote: »

I've not encountered this issue. It would likely be one of the times I wouldn't mind cheating if I did encounter it and was unable to change it.

The thing is, you can't even cheat them from your current family. You have to play as a sim from that particular neighborhood.
    I don't mind cheating too, but that's a bit irritating.

On the whole, I don't mind NAPs that are about water/power conservation, green energy, etc. The ones that affect NPC behavior are stupid.
  • Options
    smilepandasmilepanda Posts: 101 Member
    I never pay much attention to them especially when playing with sims that aren't very interested in the community. One of the ones voted in was water conservation and it's starting to become irritating so I'm going to get my sim to try and repeal it! In my opinion, this adds a bit of challenge and is going to give my sim a goal.